HEXTAR CAPITAL BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): HEXCAP (0035)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

-0.015 (3.03%)

Day's Change

0.475 - 0.50

Trading Volume

17 people like this.

12,857 comment(s). Last comment by SALAM 3 hours ago

Posted by profit profits > 2012-10-01 22:40 | Report Abuse

the threats will be from China cheaper cables. so long as bn in power after ge13, tm like it or not will continue buy from opcom. however if bn loose, the script of the next episode might be slightly changed ...

fyi i hold and sold the share after ex but plan to collect back after ge13. cheers.

bolehland 1st principle of business success is technically know WHO.

chatime

6 posts

Posted by chatime > 2012-10-08 10:03 | Report Abuse

This counter jump 8 cents this morning, anyone care to share the some lights what's going on?

kcfan

1,881 posts

Posted by kcfan > 2012-10-08 10:12 | Report Abuse

No news is good news .so far.Any how good signal after dividend paid out.Cheers

kcfan

1,881 posts

Posted by kcfan > 2012-10-09 20:26 | Report Abuse

OPCOM - OTHERS Letter of Award for the Supply and Delivery of Single Mode Optical Fiber Cables and Other Cables to Telekom Malaysia Berhad.
http://klse.i3investor.com/servlets/anpth/182320.jsp

chatime

6 posts

Posted by chatime > 2012-10-10 18:54 | Report Abuse

Good news. But it will never hit 0.85 now!

Posted by profit profits > 2013-05-16 16:38 | Report Abuse

Anyone read about below news ? Losing business from Telekom to Opcom is similar like Smartag lost business from Custom. Seems like they dont have other customers but many competitors .

===
OTHERS Revocation of Letter of Award for the Supply and Delivery of Single Mode Optical Fiber Cables and Other Cables from Telekom Malaysia Berhad
OPCOM HOLDINGS BERHAD

Type Announcement
Subject OTHERS
Description Revocation of Letter of Award for the Supply and Delivery of Single Mode Optical Fiber Cables and Other Cables from Telekom Malaysia Berhad

With reference to announcement made dated 4 April 2013 on Revocation of Letter of Award for the Supply and Delivery of Single Mode Optical Fiber Cables and Other Cables from Telekom Malaysia Berhad ("Telekom"), Opcom Holdings Berhad ("Opcom") wishes to further clarify as follows:-

Reason for Revocation

Telekom is of the opinion that in their view, Opcom's subsidiary, Opcom Cables Sdn. Bhd., did not fulfill all the necessary requirements as set out in the tender.

Financial Effects

Opcom opines that the Revocation of the Letter of Award will mitigate the positive effects of the said Letter of Award on the financial performance of Opcom Group.

This announcement is dated 5 April 2013.

rosemary

13 posts

Posted by rosemary > 2013-05-16 16:53 | Report Abuse

Profit this counter can buy?

rosemary

13 posts

Posted by rosemary > 2013-05-16 16:57 | Report Abuse

Profit where you get this news from?

Posted by profit profits > 2013-05-17 10:17 | Report Abuse

From Bursa website, http://www.bursamalaysia.com/market/listed-companies/company-announcements/1249121

I used to think this is one of the share I want to keep after GE13 but once I see the news, I back off ..

FYI, Malaysia only make some optical fibre cable by glueing optical fibres mainly imported from China. The local products are much more expensive than oversea products, so without relationship or self consumption, not easy to survive.

luiws123

175 posts

Posted by luiws123 > 2013-05-25 13:56 | Report Abuse

Is it true that opcom only make fibre optics cable by glueing the cable imported from China? What is the point to has partnership with the world renowned telecommunication equipment supplier with Erison? No face for Erison as a world renowned communication equipment supplier.

necro

4,726 posts

Posted by necro > 2013-06-22 22:26 | Report Abuse

where is dividen?

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2013-06-22 23:58 | Report Abuse

August la. This one mukhriz punya company. But this year I think results will be dismal. TM terminated deal or something if not mistaken

necro

4,726 posts

Posted by necro > 2013-06-23 12:39 | Report Abuse

Kcloh dividen should be 2times rite but this year only 1time only?

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2013-06-23 15:44 | Report Abuse

No hard and fast rule about management has to pay dividends twice. What is important, however, is if they state that the % of their profit is paid as per reported in annual reports if they had previously. This will make valuations and yield totally different.

necro

4,726 posts

Posted by necro > 2013-06-23 19:33 | Report Abuse

Ohhh....

532 posts

Posted by 1901 > 2013-06-24 10:08 | Report Abuse

last q result started to show the effect, rev almost half. we may see occasional jump soon....unloading

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2013-06-25 19:54 | Report Abuse

Necro, maybe something coming? One of their major shareholder and probably Mukhriz's proxy is buying up. And today also the price rising! Maybe your question previously is valid after all?

http://klse.i3investor.com/servlets/anpth/919444.jsp

necro

4,726 posts

Posted by necro > 2013-06-25 20:29 | Report Abuse

Is dat 19000unit bought only by single buyers?...
Than probably it is share transfer..

calvintaneng

55,190 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2013-09-26 15:23 | Report Abuse

Dear Fellow Investors at OPCOM. What a great time I have in OPCOM. Bought first at RM1.00. It crashed all the way from RM1.00 to below 30 cts. I once had 130 counters. Sold before LEHMAN BROTHERS CRISIS, BUT KEPT OPCOM.

When market was at its worse we loaded up on OPCOM. Thks to TM RM359 Million Fiber Optic orders. OPCOM went limit up on TM RM359 Million GOOD NEWS!! And when OPCOM announced 22.5 cts cash distribution price shot pase RM1.00.

We have made GREAT PROFITS from OPCOM! However, KC Loh is right. Future results will be dismal. Why?

calvintaneng

55,190 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2013-09-26 15:25 | Report Abuse

No.1) Telekom cancelled further orders. OPCOM's lifeblood depends on TM. Or else expect mediocre performance going forward.

calvintaneng

55,190 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2013-09-26 15:26 | Report Abuse

No.2) Fiber Optic May reach saturation one day in a limited market in Malaysia. No growth no further money for dividend.

calvintaneng

55,190 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2013-09-26 15:28 | Report Abuse

Growth thanks to Mukhriz connection in Malaysia. But OPCOM cannot compete in the world market - especially against China. Future bleak.

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2013-09-26 15:41 | Report Abuse

bro, your postings gonna get deleted by the admin because you are pointing to another,in all probability seen as commercial, site. why not you just post your articles here!

calvintaneng

55,190 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2013-09-26 15:54 | Report Abuse

sorry, i beg your pardon. I have not intention for abuse. I once own 400,000 shares of OPCOM.

calvintaneng

55,190 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2013-09-28 12:12 | Report Abuse

Hi everybody! sorry again if I have said anything wrong to cause the last 2 entries to be deleted by admin. I want to publicly acknowledge and thank the Management of OPCOM for their generous cash pay out and consistent dividends over the years.

What I wanted to share is another counter which will be a potential OPCOM in future. That counter is PM Corp(4081). Like OPCOM - PM Corp is almost Debt free, High NTA, Defensive Business in Consumer Food. Best of All there will be A CASH PAY OUT soon.
Check it out.

Happy investing

xxxvalue

457 posts

Posted by xxxvalue > 2013-11-16 15:31 | Report Abuse

since this calvin post nobody else seem to continue.. He got too emotional in PMCorp forum...anyway back to Opcom...the last 2Q results is not good and expect more or less the same next few Qs. But cash is strong n director buying. I'm accumulating, some @,745.

calvintaneng

55,190 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2013-11-22 10:44 | Report Abuse

xxxvalue Although I Sold OPCOM. Opcom is still a Very Safe Company. Your 74.5 cents purchase price is good. Since Najib has announced Broadband penetration Phase 2 - Opcom might receive another Big Orders from Telekom. It will definitely boost OPCOM Share Price Again. So I think you all should do well - and Very Well if Big Orders from TM Should Materialised.

Why I got so Emotional With PM Corp. Well It Has Got To Do With My Exciting Past Investment In OPCOM. I bought OPCOM as low as 30 Cents.

One Day OPCOM Gave a Cash Return of 22.5 cents.

So 30 -22.5 = 7.5 cents.

Then one fine day OPCOM declared another 10 cents tax free dividend

So 7.5 - 10 = -2.5 cents.

Wow! I got back my Original Capital Plus RM25 Free Money. And OPCOM Shares Now FREE!

At 78 cents I Sold off OPCOM & Bought More PM Corp Shares. Why?

It's Like This. OPCOM Has A Business in Malaysia While PM Corp Has The Whole World For Expansion.

Like Fishing in Kenyir Dam.

And Fishing in Pacific Ocean, Fishing in the Atlantic Ocean, Fishing in the Indian Ocean, North Sea & All Other Waters of the World.

Do you SEE NOW!

xxxvalue

457 posts

Posted by xxxvalue > 2013-11-22 12:03 | Report Abuse

Calvin good for u. Me 2, I first bought Opcom in 2010 (among top 30 shrhdrs) and sold off by end 2012 early 2013 at good profit + div + cap repay! I'm not going to promote Opcom like what u did for PMCorp. It's all up to every investors to do own homework and decide. As of now I'm accumulating...got some @ .74!.

xxxvalue

457 posts

Posted by xxxvalue > 2013-11-22 13:25 | Report Abuse

..doing business whether in Msia, Sinpore or anywhere...u got to generate profit,cash!!! Opcom is cash generator for many yrs, but sad to say PMCorp is blood (cash) sucker! Nevetherless I will buy PMCorp when I `see tangible results' not just hope. No emotion in investing, works for me so far....

xxxvalue

457 posts

Posted by xxxvalue > 2013-11-22 13:38 | Report Abuse

...and doesn't matter where u fish too. In a pond, rivers, oceans...need to catch fish! U may say more fish in ocean...but need to catch them...what is point if u go there n catch no fish instead lose ur boat? U make money in Opcom and many lose their pants in PMCorp...SEE NOW hahaha!

calvintaneng

55,190 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2013-12-02 00:20 | Report Abuse

xxxvalue sorry I have been to busy these days to visit here. I think of Opcom with great satisfaction. But I first bought Opcom at RM1.00. I averaged down from RM1.00 to 30 Cents as Opcom price went down. At 30 cents I had a total of 400 shares.

So, in investment we should take a very long term view. Those who bought PM Corp above 30 cents may only suffer paper lost; given time PM Corp should trade above 40 cents at the very least.

Just like Opcom, PM Corp is a "tsunami shelter" counter. Its CASH Position is now 21 Cents.You have missed out the fact that PM Corp is a CORPORATION With 4 Main Divisions.
The small loss is neither from Real Estate Disposal nor Chocolate sale. It was due to operational costs in distributing other food & drink products.

Overall, there is a RM23 Millions in profit. Check and counter again. There is DEEP VALUE In PM Corp.

calvintaneng

55,190 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-01-03 23:48 | Report Abuse

xxxvalue,

Good news for you!
Opcom has justed secured RM43 Million New Fiber Optic Orders From Telekom. As such Opcom Should Do Well Going Forward. Price might cross RM1.00 again some day.

But Year 2014 Belongs To MUI Group. MUI Berhad will benefit greatly from VISIT MALAYSIA YEAR 2014 & YEAR OF FESTIVAL 2015 & BEYOND.

Anyway You Guys Should Also Do Very Well In Opcom Because of New Orders From Telekom.

calvintaneng

55,190 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-01-17 18:33 | Report Abuse

More Good News,

TM signs second HSBB deal with Axis AME.

HSBB Stands for High Speed Broad Band. Malaysia's Broad Band coverage is still far behind Korea which is reaching over 90% of the Korean Peninsula. So riding on TM's Business OPCOM which supply optic fiber to TM still has much room for growth.

calvintaneng

55,190 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-01-23 02:04 | Report Abuse

EXTRA GOOD NEWS,

OPCOM HAS SECURED ANOTHER FIBER OPTIC CABLE MANUFACTURING FOR TELEKOM MALAYSIA - ABOUT RM20 MILLIONS!

EXPECT HIGHER DIVIDEND OR TAX EXEMPTED CASH WINDFALL FROM OPCOM AS THE MONTHS UNFOLD!

calvintaneng

55,190 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-01-23 08:22 | Report Abuse

Another Pointer To OPCOM

Director Chhoa Kuang Hua has been buying & buying OPCOM Shares over the months.

He has just filed to Bursa to trade OPCOM Shares. Don't know yet as to whether accumulating more or selling. The trend indicates buying activity by Director Chhoa.

calvintaneng

55,190 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-01-24 00:34 | Report Abuse

Dow Jones Fell 180 Points? Or Crash 1.000 points?

No problem for OPCOM

OPCOM IS CASH RICH
OPCOM IS DEBT FREE
OPCOM HAS SECURED 63 MILLION PROJECTS
PAY GOOD DIV

xxxvalue

457 posts

Posted by xxxvalue > 2014-01-27 09:56 | Report Abuse

Good....been waiting for market to correct further or crash. Opportunity to buy...most counters are currently over valued!

calvintaneng

55,190 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-01-27 10:00 | Report Abuse

xxxvalue,

Nice to see you here in this sheltered counter. The terrible Financial storm out there has been forecasted by many. Yet few take heed. The greed & gambling instinct has numb their reasoning.

During the Lehman Brothers' debacle of 2008 I hide in OPCOM because this counter is insulated from The Ravaging Storm.

xxxvalue

457 posts

Posted by xxxvalue > 2014-01-27 10:17 | Report Abuse

no such thing as shelter during financial crash...all counters will be affected. For me is an opportunity I've been waiting...be greedy when other are fearful!

calvintaneng

55,190 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-02-05 07:00 | Report Abuse

Very Good News For Malaysia's OPCOM,

In a Recent Findings Out Of 20 Nations In The World With The Fastest Internet Speed - the TOP 4 Countries Were From Asia. They are:

1) Hong Kong (The Number One World Champion for FASTEST INTERNET SPEED.)
2) South Korea ( Number Two With Almost 100% Coverage & Internet Penetration Nationwide.)
3) Japan (World Number Three.)
4) Singapore (World Champion No. 4)

Malaysia? Not even in Top 20. Very far away from Internet Penetration or Speed.

So what does this mean for OPCOM?

It Means Great Opportunity! There Is Still Vast Potential For OPCOM in the Expansion of Internet Expansion in West Malaysia, Sabah & Sarawak - Both in Coverage & Speed Upgrade!

So OPCOM Share Price Has Room To Go Higher & Higher!

Best Regards,

Calvin of Singapore.

calvintaneng

55,190 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-02-07 21:01 | Report Abuse

Dear Friends,

DIGI has posted an Extremely Good Sets of Results Today. Largely due to Increasing Subscription of Mobile Broadband Usage. ALL THANKS TO OPCOM OPTIC FIBER CABLES NETWORK.

OPCOM SHOULD ALSO DO EXTREMELY WELL!

AyamTua

13,598 posts

Posted by AyamTua > 2014-02-07 21:51 | Report Abuse

calvin can help me to promote NTPM? hehehehe .. just like PMCORP and OPCOM.. NTPM is fundamental growth stock

calvintaneng

55,190 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-02-07 22:51 | Report Abuse

AyamTua,

NTPM VERY GOOD STOCK. A BIT PRICEY ONLY. SHOULD DO VERY WELL BECAUSE OF 28 MILLION TOURISTS

tksw

12,639 posts

Posted by tksw > 2014-02-10 19:41 | Report Abuse

cakvintaneng, Malaysia only OPCOM supply fibre optic cable ah?

calvintaneng

55,190 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-02-12 00:34 | Report Abuse

Tksw,

There are other Malaysian companies producing fiber optic cables but Telekom & TNB mainly buy from OPCOM due to a long standing relationship. As such OPCOM has a defensive moat.

Just as cement is needed for Construction of all buildings and highways - SO OPCOM IS A MUST FOR THE INFORMATION HIGHWAY.

KNOWLEDGE IS A MUST FOR PROGRESS. AND FIBER OPTIC CABLES IN HIGH SPEED BROAD BAND TRANSMIT INFORMATION AT THE FASTEST SPEED - THE SPEED OF LIGHTNING FLASH!

calvintaneng

55,190 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-02-12 00:36 | Report Abuse

MORE GOOD NEWS,

GEORGE SOROS HAS BOUGHT INTO A DEFENSIVE SHARES - A FIBER OPTIC MANUFACTURER IN UK.

4u2c

3,553 posts

Posted by 4u2c > 2014-02-12 11:59 | Report Abuse

Good to know these potential business.......im just walk into this share.while the company is making money, i see its revenue dropping..

calvintaneng

55,190 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-02-12 13:14 | Report Abuse

Yes, revenue has weakened. But the Information highway in Trengganu, Pahang, Perlis, Kedah, Kota Bahru, Sabah & Sarawak still untapped. Also many small towns & kampungs will also be wired up like Korea - so there is still vast potential for many years.

The recent RM63 mil jobs should translate to 15 cents to 25 cents dividend or more.

calvintaneng

55,190 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2014-02-15 10:11 | Report Abuse

Dear Friends,

HT Padu suddenly shot up to 85 cents due to Focus Magazine rumour that HT Padu might be taken private at RM1.10 to RM1.30. I called for a buy on HT Padu below 70 cents.

OPCOM has far better prospect than HT Padu. Why?

Well, MyEG has just received a RM180 Million Contract from GOVT for E-Tax & E-GST.

That Means That WEST MALAYSIA, SABAH & SARAWAK Will Be All Wired Up By Internet Connections. EXPECT OPCOM'S FIBER OPTIC CABLES TO REACH ALL STATES, CITIES, TOWNS, VILLAGE, KAMPUNGS, EVERY NOOKS & CORNERS OF ALL MALAYSIA!

Load Up On OPCOM before Edgedaily, Focus Magazine or Nan Yang Siang Pau discover it some day and write a Glowing Article on OPCOM's Prospects. By then, it will be too late to buy OPCOM

Happy Investing,

Calvin, Singapore

bigFAT

770 posts

Posted by bigFAT > 2014-02-15 15:50 | Report Abuse

and calvin opcom revenue decrases so fast...so u must run fast!!!

see

http://klse.i3investor.com/servlets/stk/fin/0035.jsp

gila berani sapa masuk..dahlah volume pun kecik....mati-ying counter

Post a Comment
Market Buzz