GREEN PACKET BHD

KLSE (MYR): GPACKET (0082)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

+0.005 (14.29%)

Day's Change

0.035 - 0.04

Trading Volume

31 people like this.

24,892 comment(s). Last comment by sampooler 5 days ago

Good123

25,227 posts

Posted by Good123 > 2020-06-27 18:40 | Report Abuse

ya, gp patut menggunakan kejuruteraan kewangan untuk memaksimumkan nilai Dana pemegang saham

Good123

25,227 posts

Posted by Good123 > 2020-06-27 18:42 | Report Abuse

GP sebagai holdings company bagi kiplePay, G3

Posted by SpartanFury > 2020-06-27 19:00 | Report Abuse

@victor I am doubtful of a Tencent takeover becuase Malaysia is still conservative when it comes to economical development. there is almost no chance for the digital license to be granted in the first round to a china owned entity. Simple reason being BNM see's this as a test case scenario to see the flaws etc.

Dont forget the data here is generally deemed sensitive information. identity, earnings, etc.

Maybe the 2nd or third round but quite impossible for 1st. I'm more inclined towards JV or some other method to bring them closer.

As for spinoff I did consider it.. and it's certainly a viable plan. But I doubt it would happen in the short-mid term. Becuase Kiples performance has a direct impact on gp share price. So it's actually more beneficial for them to play with GP now.

I think it will be an issue of price volatilty. It's fine for GP to play with their stock price etc. But when kiple pay gets presented before BNM for assesment they would probably like to keep any negative press away from it.. basically innocent of a new born baby. On one way you look at it as parent company protecting reputation of the child by taking on all sins.

On the other hand say they split off next month or so. It's almost certain the share is going to be cooked up/down and sideways by the time it actually heads for assesment. And the risk of having names like 'scam stock' is way too high.

Good123

25,227 posts

Posted by Good123 > 2020-06-27 19:53 | Report Abuse

harap GP akan merayu tencent atau bank Islam jadi pemegang saham Dalam GP melalui private placement atau belian Dalam pasaran terbuka :)

trader99

214 posts

Posted by trader99 > 2020-06-27 20:31 | Report Abuse

The price of GP dropp like hell...kena tunggu QTR report next week baru boleh tahu apa belaku.. Hope for the best and prepare for the worst..

Posted by SpartanFury > 2020-06-27 20:35 | Report Abuse

Lol.. just a joke maybe the 10% was bought by iflix:)

Posted by SpartanFury > 2020-06-27 20:38 | Report Abuse

I mean it does kinda match the time line.. early in the week transfer news.. then iflix was purchased by tencent... lol stranger things have happened

Good123

25,227 posts

Posted by Good123 > 2020-06-27 21:10 | Report Abuse

next week, 60-80sen range, :)

Good123

25,227 posts

Posted by Good123 > 2020-06-27 21:10 | Report Abuse

hope for the best

Good123

25,227 posts

Posted by Good123 > 2020-06-27 21:12 | Report Abuse

Ada orang mau kejar sampai rm1.65 lagi minggu depan? :)

Agjl

5,708 posts

Posted by Agjl > 2020-06-27 21:21 | Report Abuse

Spartanfury...u have good points. I do agree with some of your pros and cons. Having said all, GP really has to prove itself in terms of financial performance and corporate governance. I belive these are the important traits BNM will be looking highly upon its candidates for the license.

Meantime, Gp has lots of house eaning to do to prove itself. Lets hope they are on the right path...

And its really no point to predict thebprice range come next week. Personally, i do not think the price will go anywhere and it may have bias of downwards.. loke what spartan said, the divital locense is still a long way.. however, price will move up and down as long as go remain as contender for the digital license. So this maybpresent good trading opportunities

Striker90

2,617 posts

Posted by Striker90 > 2020-06-27 21:24 | Report Abuse

I predicted the exact timing for announcement of Tencent for cloud, but what happen to the share price? Managed to sold at 0.69 as I once mentioned pls beware of global trend of stock market. The peak and rise is over and now down trend again. The journey won’t be smooth. Ur best news might just masuk longkang as US drop another 3000 points.

Striker90

2,617 posts

Posted by Striker90 > 2020-06-27 21:26 | Report Abuse

Nevertheless, next week shall be fun to continue monitor and look for best time to join back. Fundamentally still solid.
Q1 result definitely not going to look good, best if it combine big drop from US overnight. =)

xiongshi

60 posts

Posted by xiongshi > 2020-06-27 21:51 | Report Abuse

next support is 0.395, I think next week GP will hit 0.395 and then go down to 0.28

Agjl

5,708 posts

Posted by Agjl > 2020-06-27 22:03 | Report Abuse

Xiongshi....i beg to differ your prediction on the support level and yiur 0.28 level. Ehats ur basis? Or your basis just relying in chart?

For the past one year, there wasnt anything in the pipelines and gp price maintain at 0.45-0.65 level. Now with all these plans in the pipelines and a possible contender of the license, any weakness in price will attract potential investors who are optimistic on gp. Thus i dun think it will hit 0.28 unless unless...unless dow fall by 3000 points two days in a row...

Thats my 2 sen.

Posted by SpartanFury > 2020-06-27 23:53 | Report Abuse

@Agjl devils advocate here... not disagreeing with your point about the price... but if I take the average price range you stated for 1 year @ 0.55.. and then apply an average of the price drop for their industry over the last 4 days we could probably get a new price.. that being said what's the appropriate sector to apply for old investors this is antelekok stock.. for the new ones it's pure tech..even gp websites says so.

Anyway assuming the price drop for telekom is 5% drop every day for 4 days... (I dont know where to access this kinda data so just took a higher amount and averaged it) the new price would be around 0.447. I'm using the industry average to basically test what the price would have been if we dint have the proce plays and the price was initially at 0.55 and not the 0.6xit was at when this us drama started

Agjl

5,708 posts

Posted by Agjl > 2020-06-28 00:07 | Report Abuse

Spartanfurry...i would think your downside price target is realistic...lets hope the rebound will be trigger once it touches this level

Agjl

5,708 posts

Posted by Agjl > 2020-06-28 00:14 | Report Abuse

Spartanfurry...to be honest, the exit of kendall from kendal is really a surprised not only to me but to many as well...the exit actually sounded an alarm. It raised more questions and suspicions than answers...

What come to everyone’s mind immediately will be something is not right. At this point, nobody know the truth, its either kendal was disapointed with gp as it failed to register positive performance again and they decided to exit. Judging from the timing of the exit just days prior to the q results annoucement raise suspicious...i would not want to speculate but deep down inside i might have an answer...

Like what we always said, hope for the best and prepare for the worst

singh1

1,008 posts

Posted by singh1 > 2020-06-28 04:14 | Report Abuse

They made 10% in just a few months. While we are hopeful or maybe hoping like fools, they already made a quick buck and move on to something else.

Posted by SpartanFury > 2020-06-28 04:28 | Report Abuse

I checked out kendall court singapores website and it's really an odd kinda page for a fund management.. they are going to the top of my list for idealists..

"Our most important qualitative parameter is the creditworthiness and integrity of the management and controlling shareholders – we have a very low threshold and tolerance level for this principle.

We will be doubly enthusiastic with companies placing a premium on human capital development and quadruply repelled vice versa."

I read it as they dont care if they dont make money so long as their reputation is intact.. now combine it with the aggressive odd price movements.. and the many declaration of increase in shareholding by CCP.. traders already started complaining about the management a week or so ago about the way price was being manipulated and that "his gang" were all painted with the same brush. I'm inclined to believe that this is more a difference in ideology in how things should be done. Rather than he future of the business itself.

Which is perfectly rational if you think about it. Another aspect to consider is that GP needs capital... 400M at the very least so I can see why such moves are made.. and from the few interviews I read of him... he gives me the vibe of typical dynamic CEO shark.. so no surprise about difference in ideology.

That being said the main reason I tend not to worry for their exit. I believe kendall's entry was at around 0.68
in 2019 and 0.70 in Feb. and they still made a profit by selling at a premium. I seem to recall price was around 0.69 - 0.71 at the time. In other words, it wasnt a hard sell.. and most likely information was being shared that makes buying the shares at a premium worth it.

I only started the stock market a few months ago.. but I'm more that experienced when it comes to back room business negotiations.. i think the day you take someone as a fool is the day you deserve to be called a fool.

Imagine a substantial shareholder in a company wants to exit a company and is offering a premium for the shares. Now imagine that one rule your abiding by is that the name of the buyer cannot be revealed!

Under these assumptions what is the expected direction of the price. Down and drastically down. That's a fact, everyone will immediately suspect the top shareholder lost faith in the company. But yet I still go ahead with the buy. Why? Am I fool to do so?

BELOW IS JUST RANDOM SPECULATION and is not to be read as a buy call...

You know If its, to my line of reasoning then you have to admire the guy for manipulating emotions and not the stock market. And the way the price has moved downwards is pretty much a text book example of being in control. Think about it.. as ceo you want to increase your stake but you cant start a mass sell-off to buy at a cheaper price therees no guarantee you end up with more shares than you started plus you will get crucified for insider trading.

A series of good news made.
primed the short term traders looking for a quick buck. Then you have a large moment of silence.
That starts to turn to frustration for buyers
And then you have a substantial shareholder that wishes to exit their stake (not gonna speculate if exit was engineered or not)
Now refuse to say who the stake was sold too.
Done...
watch the market implode..
america helped too so lets give credit there.

in 2018 CCP net worth was reported to be around 86 million. In my experience at least 90% would be tied up in fixed assets that aren't easily movable so he should have access to about 8.6 million in cash. I believe he spent more than that in his acquisition spree.. in other words he has probably mortgaged some assets or taken loans to cover his purchases. I dont expect he is trading on margin because he should have anticipated a large drop in share value. Which could subject him to the mercy of a margin call...
Plus the actual movements are expected to be about a year in the future.

Anyway, we could probably come up with a rough estimate on his total purchases since he started buying and figure how much of his net worth he actually invested in GP share acquisitions becuase unless he's mad, he has to be confident. If he's mad then we probably deserve the loss for investing in a crazy person if he is confident then we are just suffering collateral damage to a reasonably well thought out plan that takes advantage of certain situations which are all perfectly legal.

In the meanwhile, everyone trading for the little price gains... if they dont take their profits when the can
I expecte them to sit with me on this ride till 2021.

ICT did bring up a good point that none of their information was listed with bursa. And if the above scenario is closer to reality then it's not in their interest to do so..becuase it will probably fix psychological limits of fair value higher and higher. Which means lesser margin to play with on price.

Posted by SpartanFury > 2020-06-28 04:39 | Report Abuse

Personal feelings.. if you are investing only a small portion of portfolio and dont mind the risk of it going rogue..then chill it's a fun stock to monitor..dont worry about the stock so much becuase the reason we got in the stock is a year away.

If you have more invested then set your stop less and exit becuase this stock has a greater price range it can drop as i dont think we have seen the bottom yet .. and it's likely it will be one massive drop get what they need and then let the price grown naturslly from there. But there is too much time for them do so..on other words these finds coukd be tied up for months.

IMO, management has been doing their best to not attract attention of institutional investors.. becuase all their tactics are inline with that logic. It's a mad one but i dont think they have managed to build their positions yet.. so they dont want other big players muddying the water just yet.

Ya,know reading back what I wrote.. I should probably be a conspiracy theorist...lol

singh1

1,008 posts

Posted by singh1 > 2020-06-28 04:54 | Report Abuse

Talking about conspiracy, what's holding back a drooling large fat ass investor from enticing Kendall to let go of their 10% ++ (here lies the conspiracy in the ++) so as to make a quick entry into the playing field of digital banking. Conspiracy means that investor or fund would be quiet (stealth move?) and not reveal itself as yet..

singh1

1,008 posts

Posted by singh1 > 2020-06-28 04:57 | Report Abuse

I mean their 10% stake for a 10% ++ enticement.

Posted by SpartanFury > 2020-06-28 05:00 | Report Abuse

@kendall just a small correction.. its spartan fury and not spartan furry ..completely different meanings..:p

Another other point you made about the QR I forgot to address. Kendall apparently prides itself on holding positions for 3-5 years so I have this odd feeling that it's an issue of management.

Internally,I think they are idealists if they never return. Realists if they re-enter as investors for kiplepay. Capitalists if they re-enter GP at sub 0.5

That being said the QR report itself although I do hope its good-excellent.. considering the way the management has capitalised on the price movement down.. a bad qr may just be the final kick needed for hitting bottom and for them to pick up more stocks.

Only consolation is that CCP has been kinda desperate in his buying lately. so it may be he sees the QR as the point of no return and l he is trying to get what he can before the price moves higher... I'm actually setting a minimum tp of 0.8 simply becuase of the entry points of the substantial holders. If you see the price moving up with high volume prior to QR being it's probably him.

Becuase reading the sentiments in this thread I am not sure how many here would want to buy and risk more money..

(Btw one crazy speculation to support china buyers is becuase the entry is 0.8, lol) I mean if your paying higher might as well make it auspicious, no?

singh1

1,008 posts

Posted by singh1 > 2020-06-28 05:05 | Report Abuse

Good point about china buyers Ha! Ha!
They are also the more merciless manipulators, the yo-yo movements could be here as an on going affair.

Posted by SpartanFury > 2020-06-28 05:10 | Report Abuse

@singh1.. many kinds of deals can be made... even if you are an idealist.. say you wanna move out to protect the reputation buiit but dont want to lose entry..

no problem we got time.. let me do my thing then.. afterwards we spin off kiplepay and give you at a discounted price.. well what do you know.. after discount price is exactly how much you earned at exit... great deal . New company has a clean rep.. after a few years everyone forgets the 2020 price wars and we all sing praises as enlightened entrepreneurs of the future...

Or no need to worry.. share prices shoot up.. let's dilute the shares and do a private placement does silent partner x agree yep.. ok done..

Or dude, heres the deal I need you to go out and theres a premium but I will be taking advantage of this to let the price free fall and you can reenter at sub 50 and the amount you can get is all on you..do u want to risk it? You look at news from america and u say... deal.

That's kinda why I split them into idealist, realist or capitalist.. depending on what they do..

singh1

1,008 posts

Posted by singh1 > 2020-06-28 05:17 | Report Abuse

Interesting. Also I wouldn't rule out local ruling class in for a quick buck if Kipleview (return to work) gets gov't backing on a large scale. Keeping fingers crossed on this one as the stock could skyrocket at any moment. Digital banking excitement will take some time to materialize.

singh1

1,008 posts

Posted by singh1 > 2020-06-28 05:20 | Report Abuse

Kiplelive i meant.

Posted by 101st_airborne > 2020-06-28 10:29 | Report Abuse

i think the the QR result is a turning point. I am speculating that the result is a good one because it doesnt make sense for interested party to drive the price down for the past few weeks unless they want to acquire as many shares as possible before the good news. Acquiring maximum shares will surely be a winning formula when investors start buying the shares again after a good QR news.

faralenz77

1,019 posts

Posted by faralenz77 > 2020-06-28 10:41 | Report Abuse

Normally prices of share is upside if company results is envisaged to be good. Not keep on dropping continuously before results are out.

Posted by 101st_airborne > 2020-06-28 11:10 | Report Abuse

it depends, if the manipulators have lots of shares, they can gradually sell their shares to create the illusion that investors are fleeing the counter. Selling about 10% of shares to get people to shed their shares at 5 times of that is a good way to acquire additional shares. Let's guess on where these manipulators have set their rockbottom, 0.5? 0.52? 0.55? *Hint---> QR*

Posted by BetterTomorrow > 2020-06-28 11:21 | Report Abuse

All have good comments and opinion, no manner how, a good counter or company with good profit, it share price shall gradually up and holding, it won't be up like manipulating then limit down. It won't happen unless it is speculative counter and manipulated by human being

Posted by BetterTomorrow > 2020-06-28 11:23 | Report Abuse

It's biz is very competitive. In malaysia alone there are 50 e wallet companies if not mistaken, please check BNM website.

Good123

25,227 posts

Posted by Good123 > 2020-06-28 11:34 | Report Abuse

lesen bank digital mungkin Akan diberikan tahun ini untuk merangsangkan keadaan ekonomi kini

Good123

25,227 posts

Posted by Good123 > 2020-06-28 11:36 | Report Abuse

1bil issued shares, hard for puan to control, he has ~30% stake only

Posted by Joseph2020 > 2020-06-28 11:36 | Report Abuse

数字银行监管框架[更新]

Ref No:03/20/02 02 Mar 03 即时发布

更新:鉴于COVID-19爆发造成的干扰,马来西亚国家银行谨通知告知,征求意见稿的咨询期已延长至2020年6月30日。

马来西亚国家银行今天发布了关于数字银行许可框架的最新征求意见稿,其中包括了适用于基础阶段的数字银行拟议简化监管框架。简化的目的是减轻对马来西亚经济发展具有强烈价值主张的新进入者的监管负担,同时维护金融体系的完整性和稳定性。
简化的监管框架的主要功能包括:

1. 资本充足率要求:已将根据巴塞尔协议II资本框架计算风险加权资产的信用和市场风险成分的风险类别合理化;和
2. 流动性要求:数字银行的表内负债的25%必须以高质量的流动资产持有。

在基础阶段之后,将要求数字银行遵守适用于现有银行的所有等效监管要求。

Good123

25,227 posts

Posted by Good123 > 2020-06-28 11:38 | Report Abuse

rich group of people wanted to play GP shares together with so many positive happenings, it is like a marriage made in syurga :)

Posted by Joseph2020 > 2020-06-28 11:41 | Report Abuse

下午好。 谁能告诉我们Gpacket是否符合马来西亚国家银行设定的1和2要求?

Good123

25,227 posts

Posted by Good123 > 2020-06-28 11:43 | Report Abuse

QR should be satisfactory. otherwise, it will be released on Friday night so that u guys could be calm during weekends. usually good QR is released on Monday so that investors could buy non-stop till Friday.

Victor Yong

8,271 posts

Posted by Victor Yong > 2020-06-28 11:51 | Report Abuse

Dated mar 20, 2020

Update: In view of the interference caused by the COVID-19 outbreak, the National Bank of Malaysia would like to inform and inform that the consultation period for the consultation draft has been extended to June 30, 2020.

The National Bank of Malaysia today released the latest solicitation for a digital banking licensing framework, which includes the proposed simplified regulatory framework for digital banking that applies to the basic stage. The purpose of the simplification is to reduce the regulatory burden of new entrants who have a strong value proposition for Malaysia’s economic development, while maintaining the integrity and stability of the financial system.
The main functions of the simplified regulatory framework include:

1. Capital adequacy ratio requirements: The risk categories for calculating the credit and market risk components of risk-weighted assets based on the Basel II capital framework have been rationalized; and
2. Liquidity requirements: 25% of the on-balance sheet liabilities of digital banks must be held with high-quality current assets.

After the basic phase, digital banks will be required to comply with all equivalent regulatory requirements applicable to existing banks.

Agjl

5,708 posts

Posted by Agjl > 2020-06-28 11:52 | Report Abuse

I think the Q results shld be medicore at best. Dun expect it to be great and wouls expect losses, in my view. Of course i may be wrong. I m thinking along the line that kendall’s exit could be the disappointment if gp management failed to deliver again.

However, i am also incline to believe kendall had dispose its shares along the way when the price shoot up to 1.6. The later annoucement of disposing at 80 sen is just the after thought paper work. This had been done as a practice in the past...

Just imagine, just holding for less than nine mth with a cost of 70 sen, wouldnt one wan to sell yo the innocent public on the back of rosy news at the price of 1 and above. I would! Venture fund or institutional fund, at the end is how my portfolio perform and howbi answer to my fund holders.

Thats my view and i could be wrong

Victor Yong

8,271 posts

Posted by Victor Yong > 2020-06-28 11:55 | Report Abuse

Surely no problem, GP will bid for the licence as a consortium with others, the digital bank will be put under a new subsidiary if successful

@Joseph2020 下午好。 谁能告诉我们Gpacket是否符合马来西亚国家银行设定的1和2要求?
28/06/2020 11:41 AM

Agjl

5,708 posts

Posted by Agjl > 2020-06-28 11:56 | Report Abuse

If the price continue to drop on monday morning til noon we shod expect the q to be bad. In a normal case, price will start to recover when wonds of better than expected results will be announced...so, your guess is as good as mine

Posted by Joseph2020 > 2020-06-28 11:57 | Report Abuse

Victor Yong. 谁是马来西亚首个数字银行牌照的竞争者?

Posted by BostonMaxwell > 2020-06-28 12:00 | Report Abuse

Boost (Axiata), TNG (CIMB), GrabPay(Grab) 这三个会更有实力

Posted by Joseph2020 > 2020-06-28 12:02 | Report Abuse

马来西亚国家银行 12月27日发布的《数字银行许可框架征求意见稿》中表示,它将向该国的常规银行或伊斯兰银行运营此类服务的合格申请人颁发多达五个许可证。基础阶段设定了一个最低资本基金,不受损失1亿令吉,随后将增加至3亿令吉。

Good123

25,227 posts

Posted by Good123 > 2020-06-28 12:06 | Report Abuse

the govt might expedite the issuance of digital bank licence to help to stimulate the economy and help the underprivileged, underhanded poor segment of society most badly affected by this pandemic.

MUAR (June 27): The entire banking and financial system in the country will collapse and suffer about RM1 trillion in losses if the economy is not reopened following the Covid-19 pandemic, Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin said.

He said this was disclosed to him during a meeting of the National Economic Action Council (NEAC), which was chaired every Monday.

“The governor of Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) told me then that if we didn’t do anything about it the next day or month, if we did not do anything [about it] and did not allow the economy to get back to normal, the whole financial and banking system will collapse.

"If that were to happen, the value of losses for the banking and financial system would be about RM1 trillion," he said when addressing a special meeting with community leaders of the Pagoh parliamentary constituency here today.

Muhyiddin, who is also the Member of Parliament for Pagoh, said economic problems caused by the pandemic not only saddled Malaysia, but also other countries, including developed ones.

Hence, he said the country's economy needs to be restored by building a stronger foundation.

"We need to improve our economic activities in the near future. When we implemented the movement control order (MCO), all factories stopped operations not just for a day but for months; every day our businesses and economy remained idle," he added.

However, he said some of the government's challenges in boosting the economy, including lifting the restrictions imposed during the MCO period, were also due to psychological problems encountered by the people due to Covid-19 fears.

"Even in my own family, there are those who are still hesitant to go to a restaurant, for example ... whether it is safe or not. There is a psychological blockage for being confined at home for over three months, making us not prepared to go out," he said.

The prime minister said to boost the economy, various forms of assistance, including the National Economic Recovery Plan (Penjana), were introduced in the government's efforts to revitalise the economy.

In addition, he said the government will focus on vocational and skill training for young people to give them opportunities to be independent, especially in difficult times.

Victor Yong

8,271 posts

Posted by Victor Yong > 2020-06-28 12:14 | Report Abuse

Nobody knows indeed. Wait till the submission of their applications, team up with whom, etc :)

@Joseph2020 Victor Yong. 谁是马来西亚首个数字银行牌照的竞争者?
28/06/2020 11:57 AM

Victor Yong

8,271 posts

Posted by Victor Yong > 2020-06-28 12:16 | Report Abuse

If the govt wants investment money and creating new jobs and helping the poor without access to banks, the govt would expedite the digital bank in Malaysia.

Hope for the best

Good123

25,227 posts

Posted by Good123 > 2020-06-28 12:20 | Report Abuse

yalah, china, Korea selatan, Philippines, dll dah Ada digital bank, bank negara Ada banyak cendekiawan, tak susah untuk menetapkan syarat2, dll. Bukan quantum physics :)

Post a Comment
Market Buzz