GREEN PACKET BHD

KLSE (MYR): GPACKET (0082)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

+0.005 (14.29%)

Day's Change

0.035 - 0.04

Trading Volume

31 people like this.

24,892 comment(s). Last comment by sampooler 5 days ago

Good123

25,227 posts

Posted by Good123 > 2020-06-27 14:16 | Report Abuse

Rasa QR out pagi isnin depan sebelum 9am. investors boleh chase share sampai jumaat :)

Good123

25,227 posts

Posted by Good123 > 2020-06-27 14:22 | Report Abuse

probably next week , pembeli untuk stake Kendall juga diumumkan

Good123

25,227 posts

Posted by Good123 > 2020-06-27 14:23 | Report Abuse

jika pembeli stake Kendall ITU ialah tencent atau bank Islam, harga saham GP Akan balik rm1 atau lebih tinggi

Posted by BostonMaxwell > 2020-06-27 14:26 | Report Abuse

But I think the investors will scare because gpacket reputation is bad. A lot of investor trapped in this counter

Posted by Kinvestshare > 2020-06-27 14:28 | Report Abuse

ict195, you said GP paid star news for fake advertisement to cheat investor. Is that what you mean? Shall we sue you for telling fake or sue GP and Star news to public fake news? Maybe you can enlighten here since you so sure...

Good123

25,227 posts

Posted by Good123 > 2020-06-27 14:31 | Report Abuse

kewibawaan gp Dan puan Dah terbukti Dalam tahun 2014.

KUALA LUMPUR: TELEKOM MALAYSIA BHD (TM) is spending a total of RM560mil in a deal that will see it gain control of mobile wireless operator Packet One Networks (M) Sdn Bhd (P1), signifying the incumbent’s seriousness in moving into this sector of the business.

TM is paying RM350mil for new shares in P1 for a 57% stake, while forking out RM210mil at the same time to buy exchangeable bonds from GREEN PACKET BHD which presently owns 57% of P1.

The bonds carry a coupon rate of 8% and will give Green Packet a new lease of life.

The injection of the RM350mil into P1, on the other hand, will give it a boost to expand its wireless business and move into the 4G mobile space.

P1’s other existing shareholder – South Korea’s SK Telecom Co Ltd, a leading 4G long-term evolution (LTE) player in that country – was also part of the agreement inked yesterday.

SK Telecom said it would remain a key strategic shareholder in P1 following TM’s entry. All three parties said they would collaborate to develop “a next-generation LTE infrastructure to offer customers a full suite of converged communications services”.

TM group chief executive officer Tan Sri Zamzamzairani Mohd Isa said the partnership would enable the company to further expand itself into the wireless broadband space, thus opening up possibilities for TM.

“We are further expanding our capabilities into the adjacent wireless broadband space as a natural evolution of our suite of Internet and data services to better serve our customers’ needs.

“The partnership provides an LTE-ready platform for us to more efficiently roll out wireless broadband products and accelerate time-to-market for our customers,” Zamzamzairani said at the signing ceremony, witnessed by Communications and Multimedia Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Shabery Cheek.

“TM will anchor the growth and development of P1, while Green Packet will render its management expertise to ensure P1’s business continuity and development of LTE devices. SK Telecom, meanwhile, will contribute its technical know-how,” Zamzamzairani elaborated.

TM expects the investment agreement to be completed within the next few months.

Green Packet group CEO C.C. Puan, meanwhile, said: “This union of P1, the innovative and enterprising challenger, with big-name giants in the telecoms sector, is a positive on many levels.

“TM will bring significant synergies to our existing business capabilities, and SK Telecom’s enhanced commitment to the P1 business is not only affirming, but will strongly transition P1 into the LTE era.”

In addition, the three parties have jointly agreed to spend RM1.65bil based on their shareholding in the next three years to facilitate the implementation of the future plans of P1.

StarBiz had recently reported that PI owned valuable swathes of spectrum in the 2.3 gigahertz (GHz) and 2.6GHz bands, whereas TM had some spectrum in the much lower bands – 450 megahertz (MHz) and 850MHz.

AmResearch said the combination of P1’s 2.6GHz spectrum, which is suitable for high-capacity traffic, and TM’s 2x5MHz block in the 850MHz spectrum was a strong combination, giving it an advantage over incumbent celcos, which only have access to 1.8GHz and 2.6GHz spectrum for 4G rollout.

It added that P1’s half-a-million subscribers would give TM a “meaningful base to start with” if TM intended to get into the 4G game in a big way, as well as gaining access to P1’s base stations.

Good123

25,227 posts

Posted by Good123 > 2020-06-27 14:38 | Report Abuse

saya percaya jika GP spin off kiplePay, kiplepay juga dapat dijual dengan beberapa ratus juta ringgit macam P1 dulu

Good123

25,227 posts

Posted by Good123 > 2020-06-27 14:39 | Report Abuse

market share of kiplePay payment gateway is growing fast here

Good123

25,227 posts

Posted by Good123 > 2020-06-27 14:40 | Report Abuse

I am one of kiplePay payment gateway users :) better than ipay88, etc

Good123

25,227 posts

Posted by Good123 > 2020-06-27 14:41 | Report Abuse

jika puan Dan GP dapat partner macam TM, SK telecom Korea, tencent China, dll ... bererti ia Ada ASAs Yang kukuh, dll.

Good123

25,227 posts

Posted by Good123 > 2020-06-27 14:51 | Report Abuse

emosi trader Yang Dah kena game pada harga rm1.6 Dan rugi besar memang sangat pahit masakini

Good123

25,227 posts

Posted by Good123 > 2020-06-27 14:52 | Report Abuse

pelabur Yang bijak tau APA Yang wajib diumumkan melalui bursa, newspapers, dll. pelabur Makin tau sop Bursa

Good123

25,227 posts

Posted by Good123 > 2020-06-27 14:53 | Report Abuse

bukan semua hal wajib diumumkan dalam laman web bursa, bangang :p

Good123

25,227 posts

Posted by Good123 > 2020-06-27 15:00 | Report Abuse

short selling Dah tak dibenarkan, apakah objektif pihak Yang memburukkan GP tak terhingga kalau bukan kena game Dan mengalami kerugian Yang besar, mau membalas dendam atau trick orang Jual Murah kepada gengnya :)

Good123

25,227 posts

Posted by Good123 > 2020-06-27 15:01 | Report Abuse

golongan Yang kena game pada harga rm1.6 Dah over. kini, harga berlarutan untuk long term investors

Good123

25,227 posts

Posted by Good123 > 2020-06-27 15:02 | Report Abuse

harga Dah berpatutan kini sementara menunggu perkembangan terbaru

Good123

25,227 posts

Posted by Good123 > 2020-06-27 15:12 | Report Abuse

bukan semua perkara perlu diumumkan melalui laman bursa. pernah pergi sekolah tak? kenapa Betapa degil ?

Agjl

5,708 posts

Posted by Agjl > 2020-06-27 15:15 | Report Abuse

I can feel lotsbof loves and lots of hates in this forum....thats the beauty of it

icst1975

166 posts

Posted by icst1975 > 2020-06-27 15:18 | Report Abuse

icst1975 INVESTORS PLEASE BEWARE! Unscrupulous cyber trooper goreng gang is actively operating in this forum.

Very regrettably, I found out that most GPacket " news " which were released in this forum and also appeared in the form of paid advertisement news release in media like STAR were not backed up by GP official company announcements made to BURSA MALAYSIA, which should also be found at GPACKET Company Website.

For example, I found out that GPacket had not made any announcements at BURSA Malaysia regarding its collaboration with Tencent. There was also no such news announcement made at GPacket company website.

I therefore would strongly recommend to potential investors to check official announcements made by GPacket at

(1) Bursa Malaysia
A very good and friendly website to get Company announcement is

https://www.malaysiastock.biz/Latest-Announcement.aspx

Type GPacket to access all Announcements by the company.

(2) GP Company Website.

https://www.greenpacket.com/investors-relations

Best wishes to all genuine investors .

Agjl

5,708 posts

Posted by Agjl > 2020-06-27 15:20 | Report Abuse

Icst1975.... U have some very good points but i can feel there is a lot of hatred of gp in u. May i know why?

No doubtvi agreed with u gp been making losses and they talked more than they so aa far.

However, gp has some good points in the past as well. Gp was daring and gunho to go against the giant like tm maxis and celcom many years ago to launch their wimax. I think that was an in thing during that time. In fact, gp bring out the best in most of the telcos. Only after go wimax then the telcos were undergoing revolutionary progress and started progressing. Before they were just sleeping and take it for granted.

However, gp went too big and expand with bigger risks and underestimated the effect of price war by the big telco. The rest is history

Victor Yong

8,271 posts

Posted by Victor Yong > 2020-06-27 15:22 | Report Abuse

GP is a very reputable company with international external auditor, banker, MAICSA qualified Company Secretary, etc. Salute!

REGISTERED OFFICE / HEAD OFFICE
B-23A-3, The Ascent Paradigm
No. 1, Jalan SS 7/26A, Kelana Jaya
47301 Petaling Jaya
Selangor Darul Ehsan

SHARE REGISTRAR
BoardRoom Share Registrars Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Symphony Share
Registrars Sdn Bhd)
Level 6, Symphony House
Pusat Dagangan Dana 1
Jalan PJU 1A/46
47301 Petaling Jaya
Selangor Darul Ehsan

PRINCIPAL BANKERS
HSBC Bank Malaysia Berhad
2 Leboh Ampang
50100 Kuala Lumpur
OCBC Bank (Malaysia) Berhad
Menara OCBC, 18 Jalan Tun Perak
50500 Kuala Lumpur.
AUDITORS
Messrs Crowe Malaysia PLT
Chartered Accountants
Level 16 Tower C
Megan Avenue II
12 Jalan Yap Kwan Seng
50450 Kuala Lumpur

AUDIT COMMITTEE
Boey Tak Kong
Chairman
Tan Sri Datuk Dr. Haji Omar Bin Abdul Rahman
A. Shukor Bin S.A. Karim
NOMINATION COMMITTEE
Chairman
Boey Tak Kong
A. Shukor Bin S.A. Karim
TALENT AND REMUNERATION COMMITTEE
Chairman
A. Shukor Bin S.A. Karim
Puan Chan Cheong
Dato’ Lai Yit Loong
COMPANY SECRETARY
Tai Siew May (MAICSA 7015823)

Agjl

5,708 posts

Posted by Agjl > 2020-06-27 15:22 | Report Abuse

Howver, i give gp the credit as innovative ans dare to make changes. Just hope that this time they learnt their lesson by being visionary, innovative with realistic objectives and targets. Lets hope so and show us the profit

if things gies well, we shld see aome profit coming 1H 2021. Thats my guess.

This is not to promote and demote the stock. Stay cool guys and girls and see how things unfold and act accordingly.

Victor Yong

8,271 posts

Posted by Victor Yong > 2020-06-27 15:24 | Report Abuse

Those who are not happy with GP's MAICSA qualified Company Secretary for whatever reason, could file a complaint with MAICSA or Bursa if your dare :)

COMPANY SECRETARY
Tai Siew May (MAICSA 7015823)

Agjl

5,708 posts

Posted by Agjl > 2020-06-27 15:25 | Report Abuse

Good123....u do have very good points as well. Right now seems like gp is doing all the rights foundations for bigger things to come.

However, great plan being great on papaer if nit being executed ans implemented effectively to churn out the positive numbers. So far we have yet to see the numbers. May be this upcoming q numbers will be roo fast to judge. Lets look at the 2Q number that will factor in the full benefits of the just launched business

Agjl

5,708 posts

Posted by Agjl > 2020-06-27 15:29 | Report Abuse

Also the way they let the share price shoot up and shoot down does not reflect well on their corporate governance. The owner shld have better control of it. Even if goreng is the flavor, he also must make sure the goreng wont turn to hangus. Or else all dead will not return. Personally, i think he lost control of the goreng along the way and certain parties just jump the gun. It happens all the time.

Just my 2 cent. No offence. Happy trading tnrw and good luck

Good123

25,227 posts

Posted by Good123 > 2020-06-27 15:29 | Report Abuse

for Q1, partially affected in march, Q2 (April, may affected almost all sectors), I will look at Q3 onwards to be fair to GP.

Agjl

5,708 posts

Posted by Agjl > 2020-06-27 15:35 | Report Abuse

Good123....fair enough bro. Q3 will be more representative. However, Q2 numbers wikl give u some hints...one cant wait for full posituve numbers to act, preferably act when there ja signa of turnarouns...thats my personal view

Agjl

5,708 posts

Posted by Agjl > 2020-06-27 15:38 | Report Abuse

If telekom in the past can acquire P1 from Gp, who says marriage canot be twice?

Agjl

5,708 posts

Posted by Agjl > 2020-06-27 15:39 | Report Abuse

There is always possibility telekom will b part of the consortium? May be not ya

Posted by Joseph2020 > 2020-06-27 16:00 | Report Abuse

这家公司很有意思。 让我们等待公司季度报告,然后决定下一步行动。 真实的新闻不能伪造。 假新闻无法成为事实。 时间会证明一切。 投资者和投机者也需要知道最终会浮出水面的真相。 谢谢大家的宝贵信息。

icst1975

166 posts

Posted by icst1975 > 2020-06-27 16:12 | Report Abuse

INVESTORS BEWARE! Unscrupulous cyber trooper goreng gang is actively operating in this forum again.

Is the following one yet another share goreng news release made earlier today in this forum ?
“ C.C. Puan, the CEO at Packet One Networks (P1), a major wireless broadband provider focused on becoming an established mobile telecom by making access to the Internet a great experience for Malaysian residents, is planning to acquire a digital banking license ; ..., Getting the digital bank license will enable us to provide life-improving digital innovations and unlock more financial services for the masses especially the underserved.”

Seriously speaking, could GP qualify? I THINK THE ANSWER IS A “NO”.

1. Until today, there was NOT A SINGLE OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT made by GP to Bursa Malaysia or at even at GP’s own Company website on the above. Could it be because concerned party want to make “goring news” release but also want to avoid legal liabilities ?

2. GP's finance performance over the last 10 years was a shamble. Total losses from FY 2009 to FY 2019 amount to a staggering RM1, 018,352,000 (RM 1.02 Billion). Reference: see I3INVESTOR > RESEARCH > FINANCIAL > Last 10 FY

3. It is important to point out that Bank Negara’s objective of issuing digital licence to a qualified company is for such a company to be able to serve the underserved poorer community in Malaysia, people who have no access to the normal banking system because they do not qualify due to lack of credentials or collaterals.

Can you believe that GP, under its current management and financial position could do that? I would think that only a well-managed efficient, low cost company with good past records can do that. I also could not find any official GP announcements at Bursa Malaysia or at GP Company website.

As a side example for comparison. I think a potential digital banking licence bidder could be MYEG.
MYEG had officially made many e-financial business announcements over the past few years at Buesa Malaysia and also at company website.

Some MYEG announcements are extracted below.
1. MY EG Islamic Finance Sdn. Bhd- The Board of Directors wishes to announce that MY E.G. Capital Sdn. Bhd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Company had on 26 June 2019, incorporated a wholly-owned subsidiary known as MY EG Islamic Finance Sdn. Bhd. (“MYEGIF”) under the Companies Act 2016. The intended principal activity of MYEGIF is provision of Islamic financial lease activities and other Islamic credit granting activities.... etc...This announcement is dated 26 June 2019.

2. MY E.G. Services Berhad ("MYEG" or "the Company") - Receipt of Letter of No Objection from Bank Negara Malaysia by MY E.G. Alternative Payment Services Sdn. Bhd., a sub-subsidiary of the Company, in relation to the launching of iPayEasy e-wallet. The Board of Directors of MYEG (“the Board”) wishes to inform that My E.G. Alternative Payment Services Sdn. Bhd. (“MYEG Alternative”), a sub-subsidiary of the Company had on 21 December 2018 received a Letter of No Objection dated 21 December 2018 from BNM in relation to the launch of MYEG Alternative’s iPayEasy e-wallet......the Board is pleased to confirm that iPayEasy e-wallet will be launched in Quarter 2 of the financial year ending 30 September 2019. The Board expects that iPayEasy e-wallet will contribute positively to the performance of the Group from financial year ending 30 September 2019 onwards.

3. MY E.G. Services Berhad ("MYEG" or "the Company") - Memorandum of Agreement entered between National Bureau of Investigation, I-Pay MYEG Philippines Inc. and I-Pay Commerce Ventures, Inc. The Board of Directors of the Company wishes to announce that its joint venture company, I-Pay MYEG Philippines Inc. together with I-Pay Commerce Ventures, Inc. had on 17 December 2018 entered into a Memorandum of Agreement with National Bureau of Investigation ("NBI") to implement the NBI’s Electronic Payment and Collection System (“EPCS”), including the installation and operation of the EPCS as well as other related services such as online registration, online appointment, online payment, and help desk/support capabilities. Please refer to the attachment for further details. This announcement is dated 21 December 2018.

Posted by BostonMaxwell > 2020-06-27 17:00 | Report Abuse

I heard CTOS and Xendity got discussion about E-KYC with BNM before. Is That True?

Good123

25,227 posts

Posted by Good123 > 2020-06-27 17:05 | Report Abuse

yes, reported earlier.

Good123

25,227 posts

Posted by Good123 > 2020-06-27 17:06 | Report Abuse

Ada beberapa lesen bank digital nanti. few players

Good123

25,227 posts

Posted by Good123 > 2020-06-27 17:06 | Report Abuse

saya tak peduli orang Yang kena game Dan meroyan kerana kerugian besar.

Good123

25,227 posts

Posted by Good123 > 2020-06-27 17:07 | Report Abuse

Kita fokus kepada potensi GP pada harga saham Yang berpatutan kini. bukannya pada rm1.65 :)

Good123

25,227 posts

Posted by Good123 > 2020-06-27 17:09 | Report Abuse

saya percaya ramai traders, dll Yang kena game Akan muflis, dll SeMasa harga pada rm1.65.

Good123

25,227 posts

Posted by Good123 > 2020-06-27 17:10 | Report Abuse

kini, harga Dah berpatutan, selepas tsunami spekulasi Dah belalu, kini balik pada fundamental

Posted by Kinvestshare > 2020-06-27 17:11 | Report Abuse

About coming QR. Poor or good, have two perception. How you see?

1) Some said if poor QR is an opportunity to buy as price already factor in before it is released. That why. Mr. Puan picking up at low price.

2) Some said if good QR is worth to buy as price will factor in soon. that why Mr. Puan Pick up for potential gain.

So be it how the QR, the price already factor in.

Do invest into GP future biz that will benefit the company not its price now.

Don't too worry and don't too listen to negative comment. Most negative comment was from the ppl is waiting to buy from panic seller as low price. They won't so nice come out to safe you for F.O.C.

Good123

25,227 posts

Posted by Good123 > 2020-06-27 17:12 | Report Abuse

banyak peniaga memakai kiplePay payment gateway, kini Dah Ada visa card juga, ewallet, eKYC, dll. memang dapat membantu Banyak bisnes.

Posted by Kinvestshare > 2020-06-27 17:14 | Report Abuse

you seen ppl like ict1975 comment, you should sensed she is creating fear for panic seller to sell low price to her..

Good123

25,227 posts

Posted by Good123 > 2020-06-27 17:14 | Report Abuse

upm, UUM, dll dah guna kiplePay dengan kerjasama bank Islam. Banyak potensi untuk masa depan. para pelajar Akan jadi pelanggan Di masa depan.

Good123

25,227 posts

Posted by Good123 > 2020-06-27 17:18 | Report Abuse

Ada pihak sanggup Beli syer Kendall pada harga 80sen sesaham membuktikan GP Ada nilainya Yang pihak lain tak nampak.

jika pembeli 10% stake Tu adalah bank Islam atau tencent, harga GP Akan melambung lebih tinggi. juga jika G3 mula buat AI park dengan syarikat conglomerate China, harga syer GP pasti Naik Juga

Good123

25,227 posts

Posted by Good123 > 2020-06-27 17:22 | Report Abuse

saya rasa harga GP tak Akan balik pada 45.5sen, harga terendah tahun ini Dalam kpk Bulan Mac ini. selepas Banyak berita baik, acquisition, dll terkini, tahap harga sekarang boleh dianggap harga lantai. pendapatku.

Good123

25,227 posts

Posted by Good123 > 2020-06-27 17:23 | Report Abuse

minggu depan, saya jangkakan perubahan tren harga GP menjadi positif. fingers crossed

Posted by Cryptotrader > 2020-06-27 17:28 | Report Abuse

Victor Yong

8,271 posts

Posted by Victor Yong > 2020-06-27 17:38 | Report Abuse

Yaloh, macam beruk terkena belacan :) no short selling allowed, wasting time talking bad things here and promoting other stocks. Tiga suku, gila :p

@Kinvestshare you seen ppl like ict1975 comment, you should sensed she is creating fear for panic seller to sell low price to her..
27/06/2020 5:14 PM

Posted by SpartanFury > 2020-06-27 18:10 | Report Abuse

Hmm while i do understand the problem that ICT has with the past performance of Green packet.

I'm more inclined to believe that the digital banking license will be applied for in the name of "kiplepay".. and the performance/rise of kiplepay is a different story from GP's. It's one of the perks of creating separate legal personalities aka corporate entities. BNM will be more interested in the performance of kiple rather than gp. Of course, this is not to say that GP's management wont be scrutinised but that normally gets mitigated by a business plan. So long as the management can show a proper plan in place to show that they are building a proper environment around the digital banking platform.
After all BNM has their own well paid stuff to deal with the assessment of business plans.

The growth/integration of kiplepay is basically mirroring stories of revolut, mondo, chime, etc which are the top digital banks globally. Furthermore, and this is a weak argument.. with the exception of Starling bank ranked number 4 globally. The naming conventions of digital bank is always a 1 word branding.

That being said.. I expect gp will build a lot of services independent from kiplepay and offer discounted rates to these services to kiplepay users..

A lot of screaming buy/sell etc..seems premature at this stage becuase BNM itself wont actually start assesment till at least 2021. I often see the statement that the stock is forward looking (about 6 months).. but the reality everyone is betting on is actually further than that like more than 12 months.

There may be a spectacular QR and it will limit up...but the price will eventually fall.. maybe not to 0.55 level as expectaion level will be a bit stronger. But it will fall becuase the event is to far away and expectations will weaken.

The qr report may be absolutely crap.. (low revenue-increased debt for all the recent expansions,etc) and the price will probably fall to the 0.4 range unlikely limit down because there is still a reasonable interest in this stock.that purchasing will prob kick in.. to get the stocks cheap.. but it will eventually rise.. maybe not to 0.55 as expectations are lowered but it will rise becuase the event is too far away and expectations will strengthen.

So my key point is.. do your research and manage your expectations. MYEG and Axiata group are good possible entries if your interest is solely for getting a slice of the digital banking action.. they have stronger fundamentals and a lot of other positives going for them. But they are priced higher.

Which brings us back to our risk/reward rationalisation. GP is the cheapest among the contenders at the moment so we all expect to see a lot of volatility on price and that's why most of us trade this counter becuase theres a lot of chances for movements to increase our earnings. However, volatility moves both ways and there is a lot of chance of losing the same or more.

Another aspect, to consider for myeg is that the license type in malaysia seems to not follow singapores style of separating into retail banking and wholesale banking. Instead, it's looking at it as conventional banking and shariah banking. I estimate 3 for conventional and 2 for shariah. In which case, Myeg is a stronger contender for a shariah license. If that's the case then you can remove myeg as a competitor for gp as it's in a different sector.

AXIATA is trickier as it's almost assured it will get one..and both are possible.. that being said I'm curious can a non-shariah compliant company offer shariah products?

Victor Yong

8,271 posts

Posted by Victor Yong > 2020-06-27 18:15 | Report Abuse

Would GP be the next one? :)

iflix reportedly sold to Wechat's parent company, Tencent.
Ren Feng Media Tech Inc. is now displayed as the owner of the iflix app on the app stores.
Alfred Lee24 Jun, 2020

iflix reportedly sold to Wechat's parent company, Tencent.
Streaming video service, iflix, has possibly been acquired by China's Tencent Holdings, according to a report by technology news website, Lowyat.net.

Earlier today, Lowyat.net discovered that the name of the company name displayed on both iflix's Google Play and App Store pages has now been updated to Ren Feng Media Tech Inc, a subsidiary of Tencent Holdings.

iflix app is now listed under Renfeng Media Tech Inc.
Earlier this month, news broke out that iflix was searching for a potential buyer as the company's losses continued to increase, reportedly having just $12.7 million in cash reserves as of September 2019.

According to the report, iflix declared a net loss of $158.1 million in 2018, and as of September 2019, the company had just $12.7 million in cash reserves.

The iflix app.
This acquisition is likely very beneficial to Tencent, as the company will now have a new avenue to distribute China-produced content in the SouthEast Asian region via iflix.

iflix users have also often expressed discontent that the streaming service lacked much international content, making it less compelling to Netflix.

This could all change if Tencent has taken over the company, and the beginning of much more Chinese content in SouthEast Asia.

Victor Yong

8,271 posts

Posted by Victor Yong > 2020-06-27 18:21 | Report Abuse

Possible for GP to spin off kiplePay as another listed company via IPO like AirAsia & AAX to maximize shareholders' value?

:)

Post a Comment
Market Buzz