CARLSBERG BREWERY MALAYSIA BHD

KLSE (MYR): CARLSBG (2836)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

+0.10 (0.54%)

Day's Change

18.70 - 18.78

Trading Volume

5 people like this.

1,883 comment(s). Last comment by dam82 4 days ago

Posted by Primepeng Peng > 2012-10-24 17:35 | Report Abuse

finally Carlsbg break 12.30 for first time in a month

Ken Loo

218 posts

Posted by Ken Loo > 2012-10-26 23:34 | Report Abuse

buy now due to coming CNY?

Posted by Primepeng Peng > 2012-10-27 02:36 | Report Abuse

buy for the special and final dividend will be declared on May next year

yourpal

71 posts

Posted by yourpal > 2012-10-29 12:53 | Report Abuse

@Peng, how did u know? It's moving up quite a bit today.

Posted by Primepeng Peng > 2012-10-29 18:10 | Report Abuse

carlsbg distribute 100% of its earning in form of dividend to the shareholders. each year shareholders receive final and special dividend. this is the reason I bought carlsbg for long term investment.

Posted by reachabbler > 2012-10-30 11:25 | Report Abuse

time to break 13.00..come on Carlsberg

cheeseburger

2,795 posts

Posted by cheeseburger > 2012-10-30 14:55 | Report Abuse

As the recent budget has less impact to brewery, higher and more generous dividen plan is expected for sure...

Posted by Primepeng Peng > 2012-10-31 00:42 | Report Abuse

yeah...well done. Alex Lu mark trading buy for carlsbg and added that it could potentianlly hit a target of RM14.20...:)
http://nexttrade.blogspot.com/2012/10/gab-carlsbg-broke-above-their-recent.html

Posted by Primepeng Peng > 2012-10-31 08:46 | Report Abuse

someone sold off shares at 12.52 yesterday morning, but shortly it soared to 12.98. facepalm from him/her

Posted by reachabbler > 2012-10-31 09:48 | Report Abuse

nice one!! record high!! :)

Posted by Namoyaki Takarajima > 2012-10-31 09:54 | Report Abuse

MABUK?

cheeseburger

2,795 posts

Posted by cheeseburger > 2012-10-31 10:07 | Report Abuse

CNY rally started so early...

Posted by Primepeng Peng > 2012-10-31 10:45 | Report Abuse

yeah...break all time high finally. thought it would take longer...

Posted by Primepeng Peng > 2012-11-01 11:13 | Report Abuse

Kenanga gave a higher tp 14.10. Recent strong breakout from consolidation and new all time high will be easily noticed by the IBs...

NavinShah

301 posts

Posted by NavinShah > 2012-11-01 12:28 | Report Abuse

Carlsberg and Guinness Anchor, are the best stocks in Malaysia. Apart from some well managed banks.

pathew

2,028 posts

Posted by pathew > 2012-11-01 22:15 | Report Abuse

I'm interested to buy in, got more legs to move upwards right?

Posted by Primepeng Peng > 2012-11-02 01:15 | Report Abuse

stock is overbought...should buy safely when indicator rotate back oversold...RSI and STO. I think the recent bull reflect the increase in quarterly profit...set GAB's current price ie ~RM17.00 as benchmark... don't you think it's cheap already compared to Gab?

Posted by Primepeng Peng > 2012-11-02 01:22 | Report Abuse

heard some corporate exercises carried out in other countries, India Carlsberg acquires a brewery co., Carlsberg going to build second largest plant in china, Carlsberg expand its new marketing in thailand. I think CBMB will expand its capacity in future...maybe next year...

pathew

2,028 posts

Posted by pathew > 2012-11-02 09:26 | Report Abuse

malaysians not a drinking lot... you think our market can absorb an increase in capacity?

although, year end is always a jolly time with christmas, New year and Chinese new year all within close proximity!

DaveSingh

2,088 posts

Posted by DaveSingh > 2012-11-02 09:37 | Report Abuse

GAB and Carlsberg are good companies well run. but they are all overpriced already. not worth buying now. just hold and enjoy the dividends to buy more beer every festive season. that is why the dividends come on christmas and chinese new year.
cheers
dont buy these shares anymore. too expensive.

DaveSingh

2,088 posts

Posted by DaveSingh > 2012-11-02 09:49 | Report Abuse

they are playing the dividend game. leveraging to compete to see who gives the most dividend. that game is over already. and if you look at the financial books. growth is limited. at these prices there are many other companies one can buy and feel safe about it with a higher dividend yield. for those who bought these shares are RM6 and RM10 congrats as you have made good money buy even then!!!!! there are many other share you could have bought and made much much more like aeon aeon credit takaful KLK. KLK was RM6 four years ago.
SO dont believe in GAB and carlsberg too much. their business model is out of date. beer is easily made and competition is on their door step.

DaveSingh

2,088 posts

Posted by DaveSingh > 2012-11-02 09:59 | Report Abuse

DO NOT DRINK and BUY SHARES.
I give my personal SELL call for GAB and Carlsberg. Based on the financial reports and external factors.
SELL SELL SELL

DaveSingh

2,088 posts

Posted by DaveSingh > 2012-11-02 10:14 | Report Abuse

Look at todays market. market down a bit and GAB and carlsberg down alot. This is because it is way overpriced. Look at gas malaysia up.
This is smart money working.
BUY GAS MALAYSIA and SELL GAB and carlsberg.
what goes up must come down.
this is what i am doing. i hope my friends will see what i see.

DaveSingh

2,088 posts

Posted by DaveSingh > 2012-11-02 10:21 | Report Abuse

According to charts GAB and carlsberg only started to move up a year ago. what happened a year ago.??
let me tell you.
dragon year. baby production year.
marriages happened a few months before that. also this is the peak of the business cycle. people have most money now. so beer sales goes up. the companies leveraged on that buy increasing dividend pay out. so as to boost the share price.
so now SELL SELL SELL

DaveSingh

2,088 posts

Posted by DaveSingh > 2012-11-02 16:52 | Report Abuse

hey phrens did you see the price of GAB and carlsberg today. and gas malaysia went up as i predicted so do the right thing and sell GAB and carlsberg SELL SELL SELL and buy gas malaysia for defensive reasons. market down 20 points and the this happens to so called defensive breweries...... what happens when down trend come and market down 600 points in 6 months....

Posted by Primepeng Peng > 2012-11-02 22:00 | Report Abuse

let's see whether your claim of GasMsia moving uptrend is accurate or not. GasMsia has been on sideway trading for two months, and today moved two ticks up. Carlsbg and Gab rise about 18% and 10% respectively given the same timeframe. Have to get to understand your trading strategy, I can't just press sell because I met you out of nowhere...

Monkey

9 posts

Posted by Monkey > 2012-11-02 22:28 | Report Abuse

how many here actually a long-term investor ? lets say more than 3years?

DaveSingh

2,088 posts

Posted by DaveSingh > 2012-11-02 23:30 | Report Abuse

long term is for the lazy investor. a person who does not want to get involved with the market. malaysia is no long term for anything. get rid of long term say. get your act together. look at a chart for the past 20 years.and you will see what ones means buy long term. try telling long term investment to people who invested in the stock market in 1994. OSK was RM4.5 one day and never ever went up again. so sorry but long term dont work in the 21st century.

DaveSingh

2,088 posts

Posted by DaveSingh > 2012-11-02 23:33 | Report Abuse

as for gas malaysia it is new play defensive. GAB and carlsberg may have gone up 18 and 10 percent but almost every stock in the market is up that much or more. to know a share look up the charts for 20 years. you will be amazed by the stocks that actually give the most returns.

DaveSingh

2,088 posts

Posted by DaveSingh > 2012-11-02 23:35 | Report Abuse

gas malaysia is not on an uptrend... it is stable..... meaning when GAB is RM17 it is RM2.6 and when GAB is RM10 is it still RM2.6.
stable is better. it is called portfolio management......
a fund manager who never changes his portfolio is sure for failure.....

DaveSingh

2,088 posts

Posted by DaveSingh > 2012-11-02 23:41 | Report Abuse

long term is a joke..... invested in china market in 2007 when that index was 6000. got the best shares in china.... now that market is 2000. invested in malaysia market in 2007 when it was 1600 it was 800 in 2009..... what is long term.... it is a saying people who dont know what they are doing say to fell better when shares go down...
market is real and EFFICIENT......
reacts in seconds to news.......

Monkey

9 posts

Posted by Monkey > 2012-11-02 23:58 | Report Abuse

lol davesingh u were saying???

Posted by Primepeng Peng > 2012-11-03 08:52 | Report Abuse

I consider long term investor who hold for about one year and above. Company with good earning growth and fundamental are the tools used for investment decision...If the stock performs, then hold it and discard the stock that doesn't perform. This is my first time holding over six months.

DaveSingh

2,088 posts

Posted by DaveSingh > 2012-11-05 16:21 | Report Abuse

yeah sad i have to read your comments in GAB and carlsberg... this is an investment site.. when you comment on a stock please state your facts not just personally opinion.. so our friends can see the facts...you talk highly of a share but you must be selling it....

Posted by Primepeng Peng > 2012-11-05 20:09 | Report Abuse

yeah...it's good for people like me to update the blog here with latest facts...

Posted by reachabbler > 2012-11-05 23:47 | Report Abuse

GAB and Carlsberg is well known worldwide. Most of the Caucasian will invest into these company. The management team and the board will keep the benefit towards the shareholders and themselves. Unlike certain company, if we look at them they keep the profit only to themselves. They don't even care about the shareholders. One big reason why we invested in stock and shares is the companies uprising performance, how good is their business, how they expand their business, look into the future to see how long will the company business last, what is the dividend rate(must be more than the bank), will the share price goes up, and if im not wrong, companies such as Digi, DKSH, Carlsberg, GAB gives a very very good return, while Nestle and Dutch Lady never fail too.

DaveSingh

2,088 posts

Posted by DaveSingh > 2012-11-06 09:13 | Report Abuse

Anyhow, i will never trust anyone on this site just saying buy or sell shares without facts..FACTS.. especially GAB and carlsberg... for all i know .. GAB and carlsberg must be paying you in cans of beer to sit infront of the computer and say buy GAB and carlsberg... NEVER DRINK and PLAY SHARES.....

Posted by reachabbler > 2012-11-06 09:57 | Report Abuse

of course you can't trust them just saying buy or sell, i lost a lot when i was at another site called Investlah, there is so much worst than here..at least here we have got few percent of facts, there...people are posting all fake rumours and guessing the news themself...for now i just look into the companies balance sheet, making analysis and i just calculate yield, return, profit and earnings etc to get me in earnings. basiclly i can tell the truth that i just hold GAB and Carlsberg for a short period then i sold it off, i never hold them long..currently i owned Allianz because they got lots of space to grow, enough potential if you calculate their NTA.

samdogass

46 posts

Posted by samdogass > 2012-11-06 10:04 | Report Abuse

Dave dont talk so much, show how much profit u make before talking like expert ? Dont use your mouth as trumpet

DaveSingh

2,088 posts

Posted by DaveSingh > 2012-11-06 10:09 | Report Abuse

agree on allianz@reachabbler... allianz has super potential but stingy with dividends..but i reckon with increase like this in share price dividends dont matter...

Posted by reachabbler > 2012-11-06 10:21 | Report Abuse

@DaveSingh yes..look at the Germans related...Allianz....and the Pelikan(last time they earned a lot but stingy on dividend..and now they got hit by Euro crisis because they don't focus on Asia Market)..anyway i'm truely out of topic here ;)

Posted by Primepeng Peng > 2012-11-06 15:00 | Report Abuse

yea...reachabbler I think dividend payout cum consumer product stock are proven good long term investment although the stock growth may require a lasting patience.
Make a simulation of share market with arbitrary money and monitor the model everyday...that's what I have been doing now for the past six months...still looking for an effective way to maximise the profit...do you opt for long term or day trade if you want to follow a safe and effective but accurate way to make profit...
Seeing is believing, listening to rumour is dangerous because words can be twisted around by different people...I haven't follow anyone since January 2012 and rather stay immune than to follow other people's buy call...If their call is accurate, then I would have stayed with them until now.
It's better to invest with your own model and feel confident with it...remember that when people tell you to buy, they are actually selling, and vice versa...if you don't believe, then observe OSK IB's buy call...you can barely make money by being loyal to OSK and its recommendation...I have seen one person making money without much failure..that's why I am still believing in share market...

Posted by Primepeng Peng > 2012-11-07 19:27 | Report Abuse

profit taking. fourth day dy.

DaveSingh

2,088 posts

Posted by DaveSingh > 2012-11-08 17:02 | Report Abuse

breweries down again .as i said ... much much more to come...SELL SELL SELL BREWERIES

Posted by reachabbler > 2012-11-08 18:53 | Report Abuse

@DaveSingh yup GAB lost their position, agree with your Gas Malaysia and Hap Seng analysis, DKSH is quite stable too,a good company to invest...

DaveSingh

2,088 posts

Posted by DaveSingh > 2012-11-08 20:39 | Report Abuse

good@reachabbler will look up DKSH....

DaveSingh

2,088 posts

Posted by DaveSingh > 2012-11-08 20:44 | Report Abuse

great minds think alike@reachabbler...

jinsim47

13 posts

Posted by jinsim47 > 2012-11-08 22:02 | Report Abuse

Well well I have enjoyed all you matured folks here I was the pioneer @ the blog when it 1st started with less then 100 members then because it have the best explanation on all aspects of TA but no experties yet...I started trading after Pan El...TAN KOON SUAN met his downfall ...with only FA.

Well Dave Singh we r here again .......All these nearly 35 years the stock have given me enough money to fun my daughter & son education to Sherfield Uni.

But now a retired teacher on the 11th year is able to make money constintly with FA & TA combined { fantastic power }

Nice to all u folks here that U all can digest things / facts ....But the final says lies in the individual ....to sell / to buy.

Very nice to go through this section reading the discussion.

KLCI just whip sawed 200MA & back obove it @ the close...so be careful. Some stocks will buck the trend in a Bear Market .

Can anyone tell me?

In 1993 & 1994 I was holding such a stock....when hell broke lose.& I didn't know why.....But now I know why..Then sold after 1:1 bonus @ the end of 94 made nearly 60k . sold all ....and the share came back to the original price that I bought... Still playing with it SCIENTEX Cost 1.40 for some ( then about to move bought back @ 2.40-60 )This is the 4/5th round already( History will repeat itself. )

Happy Trading / Investing......Time to sell U sell..make your own decission...don't depend on others.

PS Sold all my TM Shares after holding for 4 1/2 years ...made 200% at arround RM6.10. I'm more active in ChartNexus Traders Club.

DaveSingh

2,088 posts

Posted by DaveSingh > 2012-11-09 00:01 | Report Abuse

yeah scientx is a good stock... very nice... good books and good charts buy buy buy scientx but wait a while for it to come down

DaveSingh

2,088 posts

Posted by DaveSingh > 2012-11-09 00:12 | Report Abuse

smartman@jinsim47..... i did the same with TM that was a good share...will get it again when it comes down.... i did enjoy that ride TM give us all with those nice dividends and price appreciation...

Post a Comment
Market Buzz