MEGA FIRST CORPORATION BHD

KLSE (MYR): MFCB (3069)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

-0.01 (0.23%)

Day's Change

4.37 - 4.46

Trading Volume

17 people like this.

3,674 comment(s). Last comment by Nepo 2 days ago

inwest88

5,628 posts

Posted by inwest88 > 2013-09-11 23:07 | Report Abuse

YOu can see from my postings that I have always respected and admired kcchongnz and OTB for their views although I do not follow their picks.

sh2383jbt

103 posts

Posted by sh2383jbt > 2013-09-11 23:12 | Report Abuse

hi, kcchongnz, you hv my support too because I hv been hold this counter for sometime already, I believe in the long term, this counter will move. Forget other people say what he like, just treat as drinking a cool beer.....

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2013-09-11 23:20 | Report Abuse

sh2383jbt : thank you very much for showing the due support. (4).
KC Chong : look like many buy your selection, not bad ma! 利害!利害

JCool

961 posts

Posted by JCool > 2013-09-12 08:55 | Report Abuse

I LOVE U! I LOVE U! I TRULY DEEPLY LOVE U MAN !!! More expression of love Fine wit me I m cool wit tis as it makes MFCB made the front page... take it as cheering n shouting....

It is d..... Please be more patience to wait for durian to drop. My man life is short Mkt boom is even shorter Waitttt waitttt wait.... n Fed QE tapering wld pour cold water on d mkt... n d waitttt waitttt wait wld get even longer...

Yo MFCB ever heard of if u hv it flaunt it... why so low profile... hv press conferences big advertisements talk to d bank analyst quick. .

nokenzo

591 posts

Posted by nokenzo > 2013-09-12 17:12 | Report Abuse

Thanks KC, I shall look up Tan KW's post on valuations from Jae jun. Keep up your good work, you have our support. Cheers!

JCool

961 posts

Posted by JCool > 2013-09-13 11:09 | Report Abuse

BONUS ISSUE............... MFCB can have a bonus issue at this moment or not? Anyone

JCool

961 posts

Posted by JCool > 2013-09-13 11:16 | Report Abuse

36-25-35...... 36-25-35.... Nice n sexy figures Nice n sexy figures.... MFCB has nice n sexy figures... Take a look... Take a look

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-09-13 14:06 | Report Abuse

Hey the cool guy, what have you been doing man? Why MFCB never move? Volume only 5000 shares traded today. Where are your lala troupe? Your analysts, advertising and investment banks friends? How come there isn't even one shout and cheer with you? Hey, I depend on your shouting and cheering to jack up MFCB's share price man.

Told you you have bought the wrong stocks. Told you you have come to the wrong thread to waste your breadth. Go buy Salcon and its warrants, Greenpacket and its warrants, Sona and its warrants, MAS and its warrants, Ivory, KNM, Amedia, etc. You will have more kakis there to shout and cheer. Those are the places where a hero like you has a place to show off.

Go go go!

inwest88

5,628 posts

Posted by inwest88 > 2013-09-13 14:33 | Report Abuse

Good one, kcchongnz !

JCool

961 posts

Posted by JCool > 2013-09-13 14:36 | Report Abuse

HaHa! This a totally dead counter.... I hv shouted a bit but looks
like my shouting n cheering together wit d long analyst of ur ar going down d drain Totally useless..

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-09-13 14:41 | Report Abuse

Why you so steupid buying a "totally useless" stock? Are you out of your mind?

Told you you have bought the wrong stock. Sell off your MFCB now, right now.

Go buy Salcon and its warrants, Greenpacket and its warrants, Sona and its warrants, MAS and its warrants, Ivory, KNM, Amedia, etc. You will have more kakis there to shout and cheer. Those are the places where a hero like you has a place to show off.

Go go go!

JCool

961 posts

Posted by JCool > 2013-09-13 14:55 | Report Abuse

HaHa I jz shouted 36-25-35... which took 3 minutes.... steupid is d one who tried to shout wit a so call analysis which took days weks months....

JCool

961 posts

Posted by JCool > 2013-09-13 15:02 | Report Abuse

time wasting long analysis with 0 impact....

JCool

961 posts

Posted by JCool > 2013-09-13 15:03 | Report Abuse

Your recommendation also totally useless

asriruslan have to look the trend knm trading today>if they still support still have chance to break 0.4413/09/2013 08:48X

JCool Someone recommended i take a look here.... wat is hot here?13/09/2013
14:57

ipomember the ass is hot, all are long term investor here, sitting too long so ass become hot already. whether they plan to sit for so long or not is unknown. hehe13/09/2013 14:58

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-09-13 15:44 | Report Abuse

When I wrote the post on 1813, MFCB was at RM1.70 (Go check the details) and KLSE was at 1773. Now MFCB is at RM1.82 for a gain of 12 sen or 7% whereas KLSE dropped by 0.3% to 1768. This means the excess return is 7.3%. So what is the problem?

By the way, I wrote the report and I never recommend anyone to buy, did I? As a matter of fact, I have written many posts in i3, try find one I recommend anybody to buy.

The good gentleman here Tan Kian Wei put the article up for the purpose as described by another good man below: Please read!

Posted by bsngpg > Sep 11, 2013 04:22 PM | Report Abuse

Movement of a stock price is not depending on how many people knowing, shouting but buying it. Even all readers in i3 know and buy the same stock (which is impossible), it cannot up the price too. As compare to the free-floated shares, how much can i3 readers buy? Movement of a stock has multiple and complex factors behind. For a long term and healthy movement, it is correlated to the valuation/fundamentals/biz performance of the company. Sentiment of the market and luck plays some role too.

I appreciate and like very much what KC Chong posted, but that does not mean I need to agree with or buy the stock. His intention is not asking me to buy. The analysis is something for sharing, promoting formal valuation method and educational purpose (at least I am learning a bit by a bit). He welcomes feedbacks too which he may miss out. I appreciate and support this kind of good deed. If anybody dislikes it, pls just leave it, it does not hurt but please do not pour cool water. There are lots of new players need this kind of sharing. Thank you for your understanding.

nokenzo

591 posts

Posted by nokenzo > 2013-09-13 18:30 | Report Abuse

Agree with bsngpg. Though a shory history reading i3investors, I benefited a lot from KC Chong's analysis.

JCool

961 posts

Posted by JCool > 2013-09-13 19:38 | Report Abuse

Community service is good... being vain is no good

inwest88

5,628 posts

Posted by inwest88 > 2013-09-13 19:41 | Report Abuse

Running down and belittling others is surely a rude behavior !

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-09-13 20:08 | Report Abuse

Talking about vain. Read this

Posted by JCool > Sep 8, 2013 01:37 PM | Report Abuse

Who wrote this? Long analysis..... must have spent days weeks or months on it but jz siok sendiri n waste of time Totally useless n no influence on d share price at all

inwest88

5,628 posts

Posted by inwest88 > 2013-09-13 20:15 | Report Abuse

Kcchong, most probably he under-estimated your capability. For him the write-up may take weeks or months but for you I am sure it may be only half a day or less.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-09-13 20:22 | Report Abuse

Inwess88' I already have my data and analysis in Excel as I have done all the analysis before I bought the share, then only I write. I must walk the talk mah. But it did take some time to write the report, may be an hour or two.

But seriously, MFCB is he'll of undervalued if you read my valuations about it, no matter what method of valuation I use, the margin of safety investing at the preset price of 1.82 is huge. You do know that the stock I pick is for investment, not trading. Hence time is required for others to find out about its value.

Moreover the risk investing in this stock is low.

inwest88

5,628 posts

Posted by inwest88 > 2013-09-13 20:27 | Report Abuse

Thanks kc. I will surely consider to include it in my list.

inwest88

5,628 posts

Posted by inwest88 > 2013-09-13 20:30 | Report Abuse

A company with good fundamentals always reflect its value in bad times - like today it's price went up, albeit 2 sen, despite the KLSE index in the red.

JCool

961 posts

Posted by JCool > 2013-09-13 22:41 | Report Abuse

To tell d truth... I bot MFCB solely bcos it got d land concession in Combodia for rubber plantstion n I was hoping its price will move up...

I dont care much for MFCB existing biz cos being IPP everybody knew it was a biz which is very very dull....

Since there is so much love manly love for u I have finally taken a look at ur write up...n I think there is a flaw in ur valuation HaHa. . dont b vain hear me out....

Normally IPP concessions r for a fixed period of time.. I don't know may b u can tell if ur valuation has made assumption tat d cashfow wld b forever... if it is in fact forever but then in reality MFCB IPP concessions only hv like 5 more years to go n thereafter hv to hand over d plant to d government (BOT) then u wld hv seriously OVER valued MFCB... dont b vain $$$ involved...take a look again ..

choolooi

310 posts

Posted by choolooi > 2013-09-14 00:34 | Report Abuse

Kcchongnz, there are many who have eyes that can see.
To name two...... Pintaras and Fibon
So why do you have to justify yourself again?
You have already proven yourself .
Have a happy weekend and go relax on the golf course.

Inwest88's remark has a lot of sense.....cheers

nokenzo

591 posts

Posted by nokenzo > 2013-09-14 08:20 | Report Abuse

I welcome JCool latest more constructive and friendly comment. Sarcastic and belittling comment is really very rude. KC Chong's analysis is really excellent and garners a lot of respect.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-09-14 11:01 | Report Abuse

Posted by JCool > Sep 13, 2013 10:41 PM | Report Abuse

To tell d truth... I bot MFCB solely bcos it got d land concession in Combodia for rubber plantstion n I was hoping its price will move up...

WOW, GREAT, BUT WHAT KIND OF INVESTING STRATEGY IS THAT? THIS STRATEGY MUST BE A STRATEGY OF THE NEW ERA, MUCH BETTER THAN I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE VALUE INVESTING FOR MFCB. WHEN A COMPANY BUY SOMETHING, THE PRICE WILL SURE GO UP?

LET ME ASK YOU. IS MFCB A RUBBER PLANTATION COMPANY? DO THEY HAVE BUSINESS IN CAMBODIA AND KNOW THE ENVIRONMENT THERE WELL? IF NOT HOW SURE ARE YOU THAT THEY WILL DO VERY WELL IN A COMPLETELY NEW VENTURE IN A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ENVIRONMENT? OR RATHER WILL THEY LIKE MANY COMPANIES DID FOR DESTROYING SHAREHOLDERS' VALUE BECAUSE OF WRONG CAPITAL ALLOCATION?

I dont care much for MFCB existing biz cos being IPP everybody knew it was a biz which is very very dull....

DO YOU KNOW PETER LYNCH? LET ME TELL YOU WHAT HE THINKS ABOUT WHAT A PERFECT STOCK IS:

1. It sounds dull, or even better, ridiculous
2. It does something dull
3. It does something disagreeable
4. It is an easy to understand business
5. It’s a spinoff
6. The institutions don’t own it, and the analysts don’t follow it.
7. The rumour abound: It’s involved with toxic waste and/or mafia
8. There is something depressing about it
9. It’s a no-growth industry
10. It’s got a niche
11. People have to keep buying it

DO YOU KNOW PAUL SAMUELSON? THIS IS WHAT HE SAID:
“Investing should be more like watching paint dry or watching grass grow. If you want excitement, take $800 and go to Las Vegas.”

Since there is so much love manly love for u I have finally taken a look at ur write up...n I think there is a flaw in ur valuation HaHa. . dont b vain hear me out....

HEY I DON'T NEED YOUR LOVE MAN! YOU DON'T HAVE TO LOOK AT MY WRITEUP. A FLAW IN MY ANALYSIS? HEY I LOVE TO HEAR YOU OUT. BUT, BUT, BUT DO YOU REALLY UNDERSTAND WHAT I WROTE AH? DON'T LAUGH SO SARCASTICALLY AND VAINLY FIRST.

ME VAIN AGAIN? WHO WROTE THE BELOW?
Who wrote this? Long analysis..... must have spent days weeks or months on it but jz siok sendiri n waste of time Totally useless n no influence on d share price at all

Posted by JCool > Sep 11, 2013 04:25 PM | Report Abuse
HaHa I m here for d $$$$$ u r going for d i love u bro.. really trully love u.. muack muack.... let's go for laksa.... Luv Luv.. : )
That is precisely d problem... That is why MFCB never moved.

HEY THE COOL GUY, IT IS NOT MY RESPONSIBILITY TO MOVE THE STOCK PRICE OF MFCB, YOU KNOW?

Normally IPP concessions r for a fixed period of time.. I don't know may b u can tell if ur valuation has made assumption tat d cashfow wld b forever... if it is in fact forever but then in reality MFCB IPP concessions only hv like 5 more years to go n thereafter hv to hand over d plant to d government (BOT) then u wld hv seriously OVER valued MFCB... dont b vain $$$ involved...take a look again ..

NORMALLY? BUT WHAT ABOUT MFCB SPECIFICALLY? HOW MANY POWER PLANTS DO THEY HAVE? WHERE ARE THEY LOCATED? WHAT ARE THE POWER PURCHASE AGREEMENTS? BUT SERIOUSLY I DON'T KNOW THE DETAILS OF THE AGREEMENTS BUT DO YOU? HEY I AIN'T A PROFESSIONAL ANALYST. BUT WON'T THEY BE RENEWED? WON'T THEY GET SOME OTHER POWER PLANT OPERATION IN THE FUTURE? i DON'T KNOW ALSO, DO YOU?

HEY YOU SAID YOU HAVE LOOKED AT MY ANALYSIS. BUT YOU DON'T SEEM TO KNOW WHAT ASSUMPTION I HAVE USED, WHAT METHODS I USED? SERIOUSLY OVERVALUED MFCB? BUT YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW NOR UNDERSTAND HOW I VALUED. SHOULDN'T YOU TAKE ANOTHER LOOK AND GIVE SOME SPECIFIC COMMENTS, RATHER THAN ME TAKE ANOTHER LOOK?

BUT SERIOUSLY, I HAVE SAID SO MANY TIMES I AM JUST A SMALL RETAIL INVESTOR. I AM NOT AN ACCOUNTANT BY PROFESSION. I AM NOT A PROFESSIONAL ANALYST NOR WORK FOR AN INVESTMENT BANK. I HAVE NEVER INVOLVED IN THE FINANCE AND INVESTMENT INDUSTRY. SO I DO ALL THIS TO SHARE AND AT THE SAME TIME HOPING TO LEARN FROM OTHERS. SURELY THERE ARE MANY FLAWS AND MISTAKES. BUT YOU MUST TELL ME SPECIFICALLY THE FLAWS AND MISTAKES ARE SO THAT I CAN IMPROVE MYSELF, OR RATHER YOU CAN LEARN SOMETHING FROM ME.

JCool

961 posts

Posted by JCool > 2013-09-14 11:56 | Report Abuse

Kcchongnz.. Ok simple First d serious flaw.... if MFCB independent power producer IPP concessions were to end, take an extreme scenario, by say 31-12-2013 would ur valuation of MFCB stil b d same??

In tis scenario d cashflow would stop by 31-12-2013 so u can't stil discount d cashflow stil coming after 31-12-2013 cos there wouldn't b anymore cashflow... right? U cannot keep counting d eggs to d end of time n say u r rich when d hen lying d eggs is going to give u jz 3 more eggs n stop cos its time is up.... So ur valuation of MFCB assuming d IPP would last forever would b seriously over valued

I don't know d specifics abt MFCB IPP concessions tat is why I m just shouting 36-25-35 n at d same time asking a professional bank analyst to do d valuation....
Cos I know doing a valuation without knowing all d facts and u have admitted tat u dont know too is very very dangerous.... so I refrained.... I now realised u hv so many loves here blind loves lots of them ...so u hv big responsibility u should b even more careful cos $$$ involved....

Know d big names is good.... coming up wit half baked valuation is not..... n it is even more foolhardy to publish it... If u r doing wat u do wit medicine.. choolooi could well b in d hospital now...

inwest88

5,628 posts

Posted by inwest88 > 2013-09-14 12:34 | Report Abuse

I would suggest people use proper English in their postings rather than forming sentences using short forms and without any grammar. This is not sms !

Jaack1

56 posts

Posted by Jaack1 > 2013-09-14 12:36 | Report Abuse

Gentlemen,

Shaoxing Mega was established in the Shaoxing County of Zhejiang Province of the People’s Republic of China by Mega First Power Industries Sdn Bhd and Qixian Heat & Power Co., Ltd of Shaoxing County as a sino-foreign co-operative joint venture on 23 October 1995 with an operating period of 22 years

Serudong Power built, owns and operates a 36MW diesel-fuelled power plant in Tawau, Sabah. The Company is licensed to exclusively supply electricity to Sabah Electricity Sdn Bhd for a 21-year concession period from 2 December 1996.
Serudong Power’s power plant consists of 3 identical blocks of medium-speed generating sets, fired mainly by medium fuel oil procured from Petronas Dagangan Berhad as part of a 21-year Fuel Supply Agreement. Wartsila NSD Corporation of Switzerland designed the plant’s 4-stroke engines, while Hyundai Heavy Industries Co., Ltd and Hyundai Corporation Ltd were the licensed manufacturer.
Mega First Power Services Sdn Bhd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mega First is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the power plant via an Operation and Maintenance Agreement for a period of 12 years from 2 December 1996 and subsequently was extended to 1 December 2017.

Source: http://mega-first.com/business_power.html

Rgds
Jack

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-09-14 12:41 | Report Abuse

Posted by JCool > Sep 14, 2013 11:56 AM | Report Abuse

Kcchongnz.. Ok simple First d serious flaw.... if MFCB independent power producer IPP concessions were to end, take an extreme scenario, by say 31-12-2013 would ur valuation of MFCB stil b d same??

SERIOUS FLAW? IPP CONCESSIONS END 31-12-2013? WHICH ONE? DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY ARE THEY? DO YOU KNOW WHEN THEY END? WHAT WOULD BE THE DISTANT CASH FLOWS DISCOUNTED BACK TO PRESENT WHICH YOU THINK WILL AFFECT ITS INTRINSIC VALUE? WOULD THE PPA BE RENEWED AND MAY BE AT HIGHER PRICE TAKING INFLATION INTO CONSIDERATIONS? WOULD THEY BE GETTING NEW POWER PLANT AND PPA?

SO WHAT ARE YOUR ASSUMPTIONS THEN? WHAT WOULD YOU VALUE THE INTRINSIC VALUE OF MFCB?

In tis scenario d cashflow would stop by 31-12-2013 so u can't stil discount d cashflow stil coming after 31-12-2013 cos there wouldn't b anymore cashflow... right? U cannot keep counting d eggs to d end of time n say u r rich when d hen lying d eggs is going to give u jz 3 more eggs n stop cos its time is up.... So ur valuation of MFCB assuming d IPP would last forever would b seriously over valued

THE ANSWER AND QUESTIONS ARE AS ABOVE. ANOTHER THING, DO YOU KNOW WHAT IS THE CASH FLOWS IN THE NEAR FUTURE SAY THE NEXT 5 YEARS IS WORTH MUCH THAN THE LATER. DO YOU KNOW THE TIME VALUE OF MONEY AND DISCOUNTING?

I don't know d specifics abt MFCB IPP concessions tat is why I m just shouting 36-25-35 n at d same time asking a professional bank analyst to do d valuation....
Cos I know doing a valuation without knowing all d facts and u have admitted tat u dont know too is very very dangerous.... so I refrained.... I now realised u hv so many loves here blind loves lots of them ...so u hv big responsibility u should b even more careful cos $$$ involved....

YOU REFRAIN FROM DOING VALUATION? OR IS IT YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO? MANY LOVES AND BLIND LOVES LOT OF THEM? TALKING ABOUT BEING VAIN.

BIG RESPONSIBILITY OF ME SHARING IN I3? HUH????

Know d big names is good.... coming up wit half baked valuation is not..... n it is even more foolhardy to publish it... If u r doing wat u do wit medicine.. choolooi could well b in d hospital now...

HALF BAKED VALUATION? I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOUR WAY. SHOW ME HOW GOOD YOU ARE. HEY YOU MUST BE DAMN GOOD TO CRITICIZE SO STRONGLY LIKE THAT. CANNOT SHARE IN I3INVESTOR? HUH????? CAN ONLY SHOUT SHOUT AND CHEER CHEER AH?

CHOOLOOI, YOU SCARED OF LOSING MONEY IN THE STOCK MARKET JUST BY READING WHAT I SHARE HERE OR NOT AS ALLEGED BY THIS COOL GUY? YOU SCARED OF GOING TO HOSPITAL READING MY ANALYSIS OR NOT?

WAH FINANCE AND INVESTING IS LIKE A PROFESSION IN MEDICINE, EXACT SCIENCE AND IF NOT CAN KILL PEOPLE ONE! DASHATNYA.

JCool

961 posts

Posted by JCool > 2013-09-14 13:16 | Report Abuse

KCCHONGNZ... U DONT KNOW D FACT YET U DID N PUBLISED UR VALUATION... TAT IS D PROBLEM!!!! RECKLESS!! YOUNG MAN.. BETTER CHECK UR YOUTHFUL GUNG-HO......

NOT ME COS I ALREADY SAID I DON'T KNOW N I REFRAINED TO DO ANY VALUATION N LEAVE IT TO D PROFESSIONAL...

FRANKLY D FIGURES TAT I M INTERESTED IN IS D 36-25-35 TYPE.. HAHA

Ok la u r doing some soft of community work here.. tat is good.... but do put a DISCLAIMER in every ones of ur write ups

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-09-14 13:33 | Report Abuse

Posted by JCool > Sep 14, 2013 01:16 PM | Report Abuse

KCCHONGNZ... U DONT KNOW D FACT YET U DID N PUBLISED UR VALUATION... TAT IS D PROBLEM!!!! RECKLESS!! YOUNG MAN.. BETTER CHECK UR YOUTHFUL GUNG-HO......

Hey i don't know the fact? Can you understand my report or not? Cannot publish in i3 ah? Hey i3 administrator, can I publish my stuff here or not?

Reckless? Huh??? Wah write something in i3 to share also reckless ah? Gung-ho? Is the report or valuations very gung-ho ah? You know how to read or not? I thought I used the most conservative assumptions.

Young man? How old are you?

NOT ME COS I ALREADY SAID I DON'T KNOW N I REFRAINED TO DO ANY VALUATION N LEAVE IT TO D PROFESSIONAL...

Hey get your professional friends to write his report here. I guarantee you I will post many constructive comments. Not just simply claimed by you without any fact.

FRANKLY D FIGURES TAT I M INTERESTED IN IS D 36-25-35 TYPE.. HAHA

You still think that you have come to the right place? Are you out of your mind?

Ok la u r doing some soft of community work here.. tat is good.... but do put a DISCLAIMER in every ones of ur write ups

Wah, writing in i3 also need disclaimer one ah? i3 administrator, is it so ah???? Hey you think I am a CFA from an investment bank recommending stocks to institutional investors ah?

JCool

961 posts

Posted by JCool > 2013-09-14 14:53 | Report Abuse

HaHa I know a thing or two abt shares valuation la.... Bt jz like u jz dont know d full facts abt MFCB... I refrained from doing d valuation u didn't

I bot MFCB after d land concessions cos I trust MFCB management to know a good deal whn they c one.... u on d otherhand is not consistent.... praising d management for good job n invested ib MFCB... thn at d same time questioning if thy know rubber or nit... know Combodia or not... make up ur mind or r u out of ur mind??

Putting a disclaimer is for ur own good n ur loves good la

inwest88

5,628 posts

Posted by inwest88 > 2013-09-14 15:12 | Report Abuse

kcchong, I reckon you should not waste your valuable time disputing with someone who is far below your league.

JCool

961 posts

Posted by JCool > 2013-09-14 15:44 | Report Abuse

HaHa more love love...

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-09-14 16:48 | Report Abuse

Posted by JCool > Sep 14, 2013 02:53 PM | Report Abuse

HaHa I know a thing or two abt shares valuation la.... Bt jz like u jz dont know d full facts abt MFCB... I refrained from doing d valuation u didn't

SO IT IS WRONG TO DO VALUATION AND POST IN I3? HUH??? OH YOU DO KNOW ABOUT SHARE VALUATION? LETS CARRY ON TALKING. MAY BE I CAN LEARN A BIT FROM YOU.

FIRST HOW WOULD YOU VALUE MFCB? DON'T GIVE ME THE CRAP ABOUT YOU DON'T HAVE THIS AND THAT. JUST MAKE USE OF WHATEVER INFORMATION YOU HAVE OR ASSUME AND GO AHEAD. IN LIFE YOU ARE CONFRONTED WITH A LOT OF UNCERTAINTIES. OFTEN ONE HAS MAKE A DECISION BASED ON WHATEVER YOU HAVE.

TELL YOU WHAT. FINANCE AND INVESTMENT IS AN ART, NOT A SCIENCE. AS LONG AS YOU GIVE REASONABLE ASSUMPTIONS AND DO IT, NOBODY CAN SAY YOU ARE RIGHT OR WRONG. THAT IS WHY I WAS WONDERING AND STILL WONDERING WHAT MY "SERIOUS FLAWS" AS CLAIMED BY YOU ARE.

I HAVE ALREADY GIVEN AT LEAST THREE METHODS OF VALUATIONS IN THAT THREAD FOR VALUATION OF MFCB. FOR YOUR INFORMATION, THOSE ARE VERY COMMON VALUATION METHODS USED BY ESTABLISHED VALUE INVESTORS. COME ON, SHOW THAT YOU KNOW SOMETHING (IN FACT MUST BE DAMN GOOD) TO CRITICIZE ME LIKE BELOW.

Who wrote this? Long analysis..... must have spent days weeks or months on it but jz siok sendiri n waste of time Totally useless n no influence on d share price

I bot MFCB after d land concessions cos I trust MFCB management to know a good deal whn they c one.... u on d otherhand is not consistent.... praising d management for good job n invested ib MFCB... thn at d same time questioning if thy know rubber or nit... know Combodia or not... make up ur mind or r u out of ur mind??

NO, I AM NOT QUESTIONING THE MANAGEMENT DECISION IN BUYING THE LAND IN CAMBODIA. IF YOU READ THROUGH SOMEBODY'S QUESTION ON THAT TO ME, I SAID I AM NOT SURE IF IT IS GOOD OR NOT. IT IS STILL TOO EARLY TO TELL.

I WAS QUESTIONING YOUR LOGIC OF BUYING THE SHARE WHEN A COMPANY BUY SOMETHING. WHAT KIND OF LOGIC IS THAT? ARE YOU SURE (NOT WHETHER THE MANAGEMENT IS SURE) THIS IS GOOD? IF IT IS SO HOW DO YOU COME OUT WITH THAT CONCLUSION? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?

Putting a disclaimer is for ur own good n ur loves good la

DISCLAIMER FOR MY OWN GOOD? WHAT GOOD? I AM NOT A CFA ADVISING INSTITUTIONAL INVESTORS TO BUY MFCB. I AM NOT A FINANCIAL ADVISER LICENSED WITH SECURITY COMMISSION AND ADVISING YOU TO BUY THIS SHARE. YOU WANT ME TO ACT LIKE A PROFESSIONAL HERE AH? WHAT FOR? HEY THIS I3 IS JUST A FORUM TO SHARE INVESTMENT IDEAS.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-09-14 16:59 | Report Abuse

Posted by inwest88 > Sep 14, 2013 03:12 PM | Report Abuse
kcchong, I reckon you should not waste your valuable time disputing with someone who is far below your league.

inwest88, the way he talks, I mean criticize, he must be a very knowledgeable investment professional. Let's give him chance to show us what he have. Maybe we all can learn from him too.

Posted by houseofordos > 2013-09-14 17:20 | Report Abuse

Based on The Edge weekly, Mega First is close to finalizing the concession with Laos authorities to build a hydro plant with 260MW capacity. The power plant is expected to be completed by 2017 and will generate more power than both its existing power plants combined.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-09-14 17:28 | Report Abuse

I hope I don't give the impression that nobody should criticize me. Hey, I am a novice retail investor myself living far away from home now, not of any of the professional analyst working in an investment bank earning my livelihood.

On the contrary, I want people to criticize my analysis constructively. If not how the hell what I have done and what I have invested is good or not? I also want to continue learning about investment and the market.

But is it fair for you to come out with cynical statements and personal attacks like siok sendiri lah, useless lah, copy and paste lah, tipu-pusing lah, bullshit lah, liar lah. If I do that to you, do you like or not?

OK ok ok. you may still do that to me, no probllem, but please provide proofs and facts how I do those things. Isn't it also fair for me to confront you about all those demeaning allegations?

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-09-14 17:33 | Report Abuse

Posted by houseofordos > Sep 14, 2013 05:20 PM | Report Abuse
Based on The Edge weekly, Mega First is close to finalizing the concession with Laos authorities to build a hydro plant with 260MW capacity. The power plant is expected to be completed by 2017 and will generate more power than both its existing power plants combined.

See, this is the kind of thing we can learn from others. I know nothing about this. For that matter, i started to write about this stock when another forumer named jaack1 mentioned about it a bout 2 months ago. Before that I never heard of MFCB.

Well done houseofordos.

Ooi Teik Bee

11,351 posts

Posted by Ooi Teik Bee > 2013-09-14 17:51 | Report Abuse

How many people like us, give fact and figure to support our recommendation.
Those criticize us, do not have any fact and figure, just jump the gun and attack without appreciating the effort we put in to share the knowledge here so that every one will benefit from this sharing.
They attacked with words like "conman, cheating, marketing for yourself, push up market so that we can sell at high price and dirty words like fuck off and etc".
You have to accept the fact, those criticize without any fact and figure can attract attention on the spot, can be a hero by putting "dirty" words so that others will afraid of them. It is totally a bully on us without any fact to support their disagreements.
When you are right, will they give you any commission ? When you are wrong, they are singing it every time to insult you. They are worst than CNBC, condemn you all the times. It happens in I3investor.com only.
Thank you.

JCool

961 posts

Posted by JCool > 2013-09-14 17:59 | Report Abuse

Kcchongnz... I hv pointed out why ur valuation may b too high... u jz refused to listen...ok one more time.... As jaack1 posted above d IPP concessions of 21 22 year will end soon by 2017.... but d balances u used for discounting r from last year... by using last year balances u hv actually made d assumption tat for all d coming years till perpetuity ie forever d balances from MFCB wil b nice like last year... but since d concessions wil end by 2017... so after 2017 d balances would not b as high as nice like last year cos d contributions from d concessions wil not b there anymore... understand?? If u use 2018 balances to discount d valuation wil b lower understand?? Tat right way wld b u may use last yaer balances to discount upto 2017 then plus use 2018 balances to discount from then on.. understand?

It is not d valuation methods... uncle... it is your inputs.. d balances u used tat r questionable

HaHa..... copy and paste lah, tipu-pusing lah, bullshit lah, liar lah.... looks like it is not jz all love love o... uncle.... ; )

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-09-14 18:18 | Report Abuse

Hafiz, please don't flag anybody here. I think we are getting into better discussion now.

Hey the cool guy, My valuation is too high?How much too high? Show you value and don't just talk.

That assumption of normalized ebit is for the whole company; the two power plants, the limestone quarry and products etc; plus its huge amount of cash and cash equivalent.

So that power plant you are talking about with agreement going to end in 2017, will it just end and MFCB has to pack its pack and go home? Would it be extended? If not how this will affect MFCB free cash flow and intrinsic value? Give numbers. What about the cash flow from the new power plant which is bigger than both of them which MFCB gets? What about he growth of its limestone businesses and property development projects? What about possibility of new power plant operating agreement in view of their track record? Give your figures and valuation, how much. Don't just talk talk only. Understand?

The point I want to say is nobody can predict the future of MFCB's business and cash flow. There are too many unknowns, positives and negatives. We have to depend on what we have now, its track record etc. At least that is how I do. Show us your way then. Don't just query query, kuching kurat. Hey you think I am a know all ah? Are you, kuching kurat?

Of course many of my inputs could be wrong. They are most probably are. Hey kuching kurat, so what are your assumptions? So what is your valuation?

Try show me yours. I can guarantee you I will also be able to question you loads. That I promise, kuching kurat.

JCool

961 posts

Posted by JCool > 2013-09-14 18:30 | Report Abuse

kuching kurat?? Calling other ppl name...

kcchongnz... firstly i think u deserve all these...... siok sendiri lah, useless lah, copy and paste lah, tipu-pusing lah, bullshit lah, liar lah.....

Old man must show good example la..

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-09-14 18:35 | Report Abuse

Hey you first call me young man, then uncle uncle uncle, old man. What was your intention. I deserve this

"kcchongnz... firstly i think u deserve all these...... siok sendiri lah, useless lah, copy and paste lah, tipu-pusing lah, bullshit lah, liar lah..... "

Now I think you know nothing at all. You have nothing to show. Just like what inwest88 said below:

Normally I don't say this. But this is what I am saying now. You are far below my league.

JCool

961 posts

Posted by JCool > 2013-09-14 18:42 | Report Abuse

HAHA VAIN!

JCool

961 posts

Posted by JCool > 2013-09-14 18:55 | Report Abuse

Old kuching kurat kcchongnz..... uncle FYI nobody can do a proper valuation of a company without a visit to d company management.. a site visit.. a factory visit..a power plant.. a look into d detailed accounts etc etc etc for facts finding n gathering...... anything short of this approach is jz simply armchair bullsit... o.. with due respect tat is previously wat u r doing o...

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-09-14 19:07 | Report Abuse

Wow,
visit the company management
a site visit
a factory visit
a power plant
a look into the detailed accounts
etc
etc
etc

If not armchair bullsit

Wow, wow, wow. I guess anyone of you want to invest you must follow professional analyst reports. You know those who work for investment banks, each of them just cover one industry, earnings 7 figures a year etc etc etc.

If you don't buy stock following the analyst reports, then you just gamble at your own risk?

Oh I forgot, you still can listen, cheer and shout together with this cool kuching kurat. Then only those stocks you invest can make money.

Got it!

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-09-14 19:11 | Report Abuse

No wonder inwest88 say the following so affirmatively:

Post a Comment