MEGA FIRST CORPORATION BHD

KLSE (MYR): MFCB (3069)

-0.01 (0.23%)

4.37 - 4.46

17 people like this.

3,674 comment(s). Last comment by Nepo 2 days ago

JCool

961 posts

Posted by JCool > 2013-09-14 19:19 | Report Abuse

HaHa old vain stubborn kuching kurat kcchongnz..... uncle i hv clearly pointed out d flaw.... n wat i m saying is wat u r doing is good im d sense tat it is soft of like community service... but it is dangerous cos u dont hv full facts...

Uncle if u find urself kept telling ppl.. i hv never recommended u to buy... u know ur valuations.. love thm to dead tat may b... hv their limitations... i hv nicely.. for ur loves sake... i hv asked u to put a disclaimer on ur writeups... wat is wrong wit tat.. but u r jz too vain

JCool

961 posts

Posted by JCool > 2013-09-14 19:23 | Report Abuse

Ya u r clearly totally on top of d... Feel good abt urself league... u r d man

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-09-14 19:45 | Report Abuse

I3 administrator, why you still haven't answer my questions
1do I have to put a disclaimer when putting my valuation of a stock here?
2 do I have to be a CFA to write an analysis in i3?
3 do I have to be licensed with security commission to put up an analysis of a stock here?
4 do I have to be a FAR licensed with Bank Negara put put up a valuation here?
5 do I have to visit the management, the factory, the site, dig through the company's account, ledger, check books etc to make sure everything is correct befor I write anything here?
6 if I don't do all the above, will you inform the police to take me to jail?
7 etc etc etc

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-09-14 19:56 | Report Abuse

Oh, I forgot to ask forumers here. I am sure you are bombarded by tons of research reports from investment banks everyday. You better start asking them if they do all those mentioned by this cool guy here. If not you better do something.

Posted by JCool > Sep 14, 2013 06:55 PM | Report Abuse

Old kuching kurat kcchongnz..... uncle FYI nobody can do a proper valuation of a company without a visit to d company management.. a site visit.. a factory visit..a power plant.. a look into d detailed accounts etc etc etc for facts finding n gathering...... anything short of this approach is jz simply armchair bullsit... o.. with due respect tat is previously wat u r doing

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-09-14 20:00 | Report Abuse

Hafiz, I think think it is appropriate to raise the flag. He must be given the right to speak.

JCool

961 posts

Posted by JCool > 2013-09-14 20:40 | Report Abuse

Hafiz... hv u read wat i hv posted or not? Which part is offensive tell me? Or u jz another one of his blind love... HaHa

Saturn

2,148 posts

Posted by Saturn > 2013-09-14 20:53 | Report Abuse

Hahahaha.....Hafiz is really a pain.....he will do all sweeping statement and carry all the sifus to get more info......

Jcool,
KCchong is quite genuine.......take it easy on him.....

Anyway, the statement fr Jcool on knowing the Managment is very true.......a lot of those who attended EGMs will have a chance to evaluate the management and how they answer to question.....how genuine they are.......personally I used to follow MBFholding b4 taken private and already knew abt his insidious CEOs ccharacter......so that was old story of a company that bought private and took own dividen ......

Saturn

2,148 posts

Posted by Saturn > 2013-09-14 20:57 | Report Abuse

I say quite genuine on KCchong becoz I have never met him also....lol

JCool

961 posts

Posted by JCool > 2013-09-14 20:58 | Report Abuse

Kcchongnz... uncle... lets stop d childish name calling cos i m JCool not kuching kurap....

Uncle seriously.... really la... it is now obvious to me tat u hv not done even d most basic of facts finding before u came up wit ur valuation n going on n on abt how good MFCB is... cos as jackk1 pointed out... d fact tat d two IPP concessions, which by ur own account contribute 76% of MFCB income, r coming to an end by 2017 is clearly stated in MFCB OWN WEDSITE... if u hv checked u wld hv known...

Asking u to put a disclaimer is for ur own good... cos based tis MFCB case it seems u hv copied d valuation method from a book n jz proceed to fill d blanks without checking...

Tis is dangerous cos jz imagine someone putting all his money into MFCB based on ur valuation n in 2016 realized too late tat d two IPP concessions wld end next year n MFCB profit n hence share price wld drop by 76%... all his life saving wld b gone... how can u sleep knowing tis...

Uncle u can stil publish but do put a disclaimer

JCool

961 posts

Posted by JCool > 2013-09-14 21:11 | Report Abuse

Hafiz u n ur bullshits... u hv said must trust professional bank analyst.. now u different tune.. flip flop is ur orher name is it?

Your posts:

fruit lar...Blog: Stock Pick and Trading Challenge 2013 2H for i3 members Aug 30, 2013 08:37 PM | Report Abuse 

So are you trying to tell everyone here you much smarter that whole Malaysians bankers? Is that what you trying to say Saturn?

Blog: Stock Pick and Trading Challenge 2013 2H for i3 members Aug 30, 2013 08:36 PM | Report Abuse Can you see Saturn? Knock knock knock on empty head...Saturn I already got my portfolio..where's yours!Blog: Stock Pick and Trading Challenge 2013 2H for i3 members Aug 30, 2013 08:34 PM | Report Abuse Do you want to tell the rest of forummers here you are much smarter than them Saturn?Blog: Stock Pick and Trading Challenge 2013 2H for i3 members Aug 30, 2013 08:33 PM | Report Abuse Good luck on Tropicana...

you didn't even bother to check PROFFESIONAL LOCAL FUNDS RECOMENDATION...wah you really smartasshole...even funds only come out to RM2.13..where got margin?

Saturn

2,148 posts

Posted by Saturn > 2013-09-14 21:16 | Report Abuse

Hahahahaha.......Jcool ........so funny...."cangkul and farmer soon parted"

JCool

961 posts

Posted by JCool > 2013-09-14 21:20 | Report Abuse

N i hv never called anyone asshole.. yet u wanted to flag me.... tak malu ke?

JCool

961 posts

Posted by JCool > 2013-09-14 21:22 | Report Abuse

Bullying youngsters la... it wat wat u r old men do..huh?

Saturn

2,148 posts

Posted by Saturn > 2013-09-14 21:22 | Report Abuse

He is a sneaky guy mate......he says someone should flag u .....but in actual fact he did it himself......

Posted by inwest88 > 2013-09-14 21:24 | Report Abuse

kcchongna, I still stand by my statement below:-

Posted by inwest88 > Sep 14, 2013 03:12 PM | Report Abuse
kcchong, I reckon you should not waste your valuable time disputing with someone who is far below your league.

He only talks about power plants, concessions and love. I doubt he knows anything about financial, cash flows, potential growth etc. No purpose in engaging him further. What otb says is true, some people just want to attract attention.

Saturn

2,148 posts

Posted by Saturn > 2013-09-14 21:24 | Report Abuse

Oh really inwest88.....?

Posted by inwest88 > 2013-09-14 21:27 | Report Abuse

Actually I do not want to get involved but just cannot "tahan" seeing someone running down others with no basis whatsoever. See his posting below on Stem Life

Stock: [STEMLFE]: STEMLIFE BHD
Sep 11, 2013 04:11 PM | Report Abuse
Anybody know difference between DEEMED interest here n direct interest?

Saturn

2,148 posts

Posted by Saturn > 2013-09-14 21:29 | Report Abuse

Beh Tahan......u should look at the cangkul........

Posted by inwest88 > 2013-09-14 21:31 | Report Abuse

Saturn, you should know me better. In your exchange with Hafiz, I did not take any sides. I just want to be fair. Thus in this case< i strongly feel that kcchongnz should not desrve this type of treatment from other people. If anyone doesn't agree with what he writes, so be it. Why criticize, make sarcastic remarks and belittle the writer. Then the guy should write to the newspapers and condemn all the fund managers who forecast target prices wrongly...

JCool

961 posts

Posted by JCool > 2013-09-14 21:35 | Report Abuse

Invest88... u r showing ur ignorance now.... anyone who know will tell u there is a big different between deemed n direct interest....

It was a trick question ok... stuepic

Posted by inwest88 > 2013-09-14 21:36 | Report Abuse

Just an example. I purchased Fibon at 36 sen strictly based on kcchongnx's write-up. This a a neglected counter which no one bothers to find out and talk about. I trust his analysis and if the price goes down to say, 10 sen, I am not going to blame him. It's my decision to go in. And if the price shoots to RM1, I will also not give him any "commission" for his selection.

JCool

961 posts

Posted by JCool > 2013-09-14 21:45 | Report Abuse

Blind love..

Posted by inwest88 > 2013-09-14 21:48 | Report Abuse

"stuepic" ? cant even spell properly and yet want to argue on facts and figures. And now trying to defend that it is a "trick" question. LOL !

Posted by inwest88 > 2013-09-14 21:49 | Report Abuse

Anyway, I am leaving this thread now as I too feel he's not in my league. Cheers everyone and goodnight !

JCool

961 posts

Posted by JCool > 2013-09-14 21:57 | Report Abuse

Invest88 u go to sleep cos u haven't a cue wat is going on... but better double check those counters u bot based on xxxx valuation..... good nite hope u can sleep

Saturn

2,148 posts

Posted by Saturn > 2013-09-14 22:06 | Report Abuse

Here comes the wannabe again........aiyo......ppl got he also got......

sephiroth

14,131 posts

Posted by sephiroth > 2013-09-14 22:07 | Report Abuse

months ago i bough mfcb 1.70 sold 1.90
bought fibon 0.32
i can only see $$$.
on and off, some supreme retard aka jcrap will pop out and give freaking moronic comment, just have to disregard this trash that is as puny as ash

Saturn

2,148 posts

Posted by Saturn > 2013-09-14 22:18 | Report Abuse

Jimmy, yeah they are ok.....but Hafiz.....errrrrr.......arrrrrr......issssss.......wannabe?

Saturn

2,148 posts

Posted by Saturn > 2013-09-14 22:23 | Report Abuse

Yes should follow my recommendation........why u doubt yourself now?

Posted by tonylim > 2013-09-14 22:23 | Report Abuse

Septhi, In the old days fun fair, there used to be a game where you hold a rifle with cork bullets. You will aim your targets at moving objects that pop up. You win by hitting the nasty targets (like a bull eye) that pop out once in a while.

I supposed we should continue to do that for retards here that talk cock here calling peoples genuine contributions flawed when no one ever ask you to buy or sell based on their opinions.

Sarcastic comments should be your bulls eye. i3 forumers with humility should shoot down the bulls eye. Shoot on sight, I mean.

Saturn

2,148 posts

Posted by Saturn > 2013-09-14 22:25 | Report Abuse

Kakakaka......magician is out......don't like ur disappearing act but at least I can see Tonylim does know something.....but can't say the same of wannabe.....

Posted by tonylim > 2013-09-14 22:27 | Report Abuse

Hafiz, fear no one

Posted by tonylim > 2013-09-14 22:27 | Report Abuse

fear no one, follow your heart.

Posted by tonylim > 2013-09-14 22:28 | Report Abuse

Dont live in your own shadow.

Saturn

2,148 posts

Posted by Saturn > 2013-09-14 22:29 | Report Abuse

Yeah Grandma also stop because of u!.......

Posted by wajatimur_28 > 2013-09-14 22:39 | Report Abuse

Apa gaduh2 ni?sama2 cari mkn pun mau gaduh ka?jgnla gaduh2..xbaik oo..

JCool

961 posts

Posted by JCool > 2013-09-14 23:03 | Report Abuse

sephiroth.... u supreme moron... u r riding on a liquidity boom now u moron.... all counters wil go up..... ya i have made a lot of money im Malton... n i hv noticed u almost got ur self burnt there n hv to bullshit tat u hb sold off at high... u freaking liar.. freaking moron... retard

JCool

961 posts

Posted by JCool > 2013-09-14 23:04 | Report Abuse

Hafiz u freaking flip flop rerard.... ya sure how to carry....

JCool

961 posts

Posted by JCool > 2013-09-14 23:07 | Report Abuse

I hv genuinely pointed out his flaw u all old farts... bloody moron

JCool

961 posts

Posted by JCool > 2013-09-14 23:12 | Report Abuse

Hafiz u freaking flip flop RETARD... ya u sure know how to carry...

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-09-15 04:47 | Report Abuse

What I mean is "I don't think it is appropriate to raise the flag". Typo error belw.

Posted by kcchongnz > Sep 14, 2013 08:00 PM | Report Abuse X

Hafiz, I think think it is appropriate to raise the flag. He must be given the right to speak.

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-09-15 05:35 | Report Abuse

Posted by JCool > Sep 14, 2013 08:58 PM | Report Abuse

Kcchongnz... uncle... lets stop d childish name calling cos i m JCool not kuching kurap....

WHO STARTED IT FIRST? READ THIS
Posted by JCool > Sep 8, 2013 01:37 PM | Report Abuse
Who wrote this? Long analysis..... must have spent days weeks or months on it but jz siok sendiri n waste of time Totally useless n no influence on d share price at all

SINCE YOU ARE SO POLITE AND CALL ME UNCLE (SERIOUSLY I AM NOT YOUR UNCLE), DON’T YOU THINK YOU SHOULD RESPECT ME AS YOU KNOW WE ASIANS HAVE VERY GOOD CULTURE, I.E. RESPECT THE ELDERS. BUT OK LAH YOU DON’T RESPECT ME NEVER MIND, BUT DO YOU HAVE TO BE SO SARCASTIC AND CYNICAL?

Uncle seriously.... really la... it is now obvious to me tat u hv not done even d most basic of facts finding before u came up wit ur valuation n going on n on abt how good MFCB is... cos as jackk1 pointed out... d fact tat d two IPP concessions, which by ur own account contribute 76% of MFCB income, r coming to an end by 2017 is clearly stated in MFCB OWN WEDSITE... if u hv checked u wld hv known...

IT IS A GOOD PRACTICE WHEN DOING ANALYSIS. GO DO ALL THOSE THINGS YOU MENTIONED. SEE THE MANAGEMENT, VISIT THE SITE, VISIT A POWER PLANT, DIG INTO THEIR ACCOUNT ETC ETC. BENJAMIN GRAHAM AND PHILIP FISHER MAY HAVE DONE THAT FOR EVERY COMPANY THEY WERE INTERESTED IN THE EARLY 20S. BUT THAT MAY BE JUST A FEW TENTHS COMPANIES THEY DID THAT. NOWADAYS WHOSE JOB IS THAT? WHO ARE THEY? HOW OFTEN THEY DO THAT? YOU THINK THE COMPANY’S MD WILL SIT DOWN AND TALK TO YOU? THEY LET YOU SEE THEIR ACCOUNT? THEY ENTERTAIN YOU SHOWING THEIR PLANT?

SO ALL POWER PLANT OPERATION STOP IN 2017? SURE? ABSOLUTELY NO MORE? SO WHAT IS THE PRESENT VALUE OF THOSE POWER PLANT CASH FLOWS ALL END IN 2017? ADD THE PRESENT VALUE OF OTHER BUSINESS (UNTIL WHEN?), THEIR CASH AND EQUIVALENT AND OTHER NON-OPERATING ASSETS AND WHAT IS THE TOTAL PRESENT VALUE OF ITS SUM OF PARTS?

MY VALUATION IS FLAW, OK, OK OK. SO WHAT IS YOURS?

HEY IF YOU DON’T KNOW HOW TO DO VALUATION, YOU CAN SHOW ME SOME OF YOUR FAVORITE ANALYSTS' ON ANY COMPANY, (BECAUSE I DON’T SEE ANYONE DONE ON MFCB). DESCRIBE TO ME HOW THEY DO THEIR VALUATION, AND HOW GOOD THEY ARE. DO THEY SAY OH ONE PLANT PPA STOPS IN 2017 SO REDUCE EARNINGS BY 50M ETC? ANOTHER ONE COMING SO ADD 40M UNTIL 2030 ETC ETC?

I AM AFRAID THAT MANY ARE EVEN MUCH SIMPLISTIC BY COPYING WHAT THE COMPANY WRITE ABOUT ITS BUSINESS FROM ITS ANNUAL REPORT. HOW DO THEY DO VALUATION? MANY JUST SAY THE PE RATIO SHOULD BE 5, 7.6, 10.5, 10.25, OR WHATEVER.

Asking u to put a disclaimer is for ur own good... cos based tis MFCB case it seems u hv copied d valuation method from a book n jz proceed to fill d blanks without checking...

DISCLAIMER? WAH YOU WANT ME TO ACT AS A BIG TIME CFA, A PROFESSIONAL FROM GOLDMAN SACHS OR WHAT SOLICITING YOU TO BUY SOME SPACS OR SOME OTHER IPOS FROM ME?

I COPY FROM BOOK AND FILL IN THE BLANKS? HEY THE COOL GUY, ARE YOU ABLE TO DO THAT AND SHOW SOME VALUATIONS OF SOME COMPANIES? I THINK EVERYONE HERE IS EAGER TO SEE YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS HERE. SHOW US PLEASE!

Tis is dangerous cos jz imagine someone putting all his money into MFCB based on ur valuation n in 2016 realized too late tat d two IPP concessions wld end next year n MFCB profit n hence share price wld drop by 76%... all his life saving wld b gone... how can u sleep knowing tis...

WOW LOOK ME SO UP. WHENEVER I WRITE ANY STOCK HERE (I DON’T REMEMBER I EVER RECOMMEND PEOPLE TO BUY) PEOPLE HERE WILL CHASE THAT STOCK. WOW! WHY DON’T I WORK FOR GOLDMAN SACHS AND EARNING 50M USD A YEAR AH?

BUT THIS IS A GOOD WARNING ALSO. SO PEOPLE BE VERY CAREFUL ABOUT WHAT I WRITE, OR ELSE YOU BECOME BANKRUPT. BUT BUT BUT, HAVE I ASKED YOU TO BUY? EVEN IF I ASK YOU TO BUY, WHY YOU SO STUPID TO FOLLOW?

Uncle u can stil publish but do put a disclaimer

I AM NOT RELATED TO YOU. DON’T SIMPLY CLAIM THAT.

nokenzo

591 posts

Posted by nokenzo > 2013-09-15 09:07 | Report Abuse

I wish the administrator of this forum can filter out the rude and sarcastic criticism. It is very disheartening to read a rude comment about an unselfish gentleman's contribution. You must be educated to be able to write in this forum, why behave like a street fighter? Jack1 comment is very constructive. I hope KC Chong and OOi TB can continue contributing. We are very appreciative of your contribution, Mr KC Chong. Thank you.

Posted by bsngpg > 2013-09-15 09:39 | Report Abuse

CEO of Amazon’s graduation speak in Princeton University said ” clever and talent are gifted, but kindness is a choice”.

11,351 posts

Posted by Ooi Teik Bee > 2013-09-15 10:59 |

nokenzo

591 posts

Posted by nokenzo > 2013-09-15 11:08 | Report Abuse

Right to the point, Mr Ooi TB. We are very grateful of your analysis. We have to decide to buy or not to buy the stock mentioned and we have to bear the consequences of our decision. Keep contributing, Mr Ooi, we are matured enough to take responsibility for our own decision. Thank you Mr Ooi TB and Mr KC Chong.

Posted by bsngpg > 2013-09-15 11:10 | Report Abuse

Very well said. I would like to echo.

Posted by bsngpg > 2013-09-15 11:14 | Report Abuse

When 2 fingers pointing others, 3 are pointing ourselves. Please behave as a civilized human being. We are not living in barbarian era.

Stockwatch

Posted by Stockwatch > 2013-09-15 11:40 | Report Abuse

Yes..........keep contributing Mr. Ooi TB and Mr. KC Chong.Although I was taken aback in my posting to KC Chong some time ago when I asked something about CFFO as I come across FCF I did get an earful from KC Chong as I was familiar with FCF and it was a term commonly used in research reports.But that is not the point.
We are all here to learn and adapt to the changing market dynamics all the time.It is more so now as foreign funds have left the equity market and we are facing prospects of rising inflation.
We need to tear apart the stock price and see where it goes from here.Today I am using a hybrid of TA and FA because maybe that is the character of the Malaysian market.Unlike the Nasdaq and the US market , it is heavily supported by retail,fund managers and hedge funds on opposite sides of the divide ie. buy or sell and they have multiple options to hedge their risks.We have limited options here.
If we keep nailing people off here...soon this thread would be a "ghost town" and nobody contributes sensibly.
Try to be fair to all people who are here to make their money work for their retirement.
Eventually whether it is Hafiz, Saturn, OTB orKC Chong....you will have your own set of followers.That is how Peter Lynch, Warren Buffet etc. build upon their support base and catapult them to what they are now ...without us subscribing to their recommendations would they be successful?
There are hidden gems here in i3investor.com ...peope who make time to come up with stock and trading ideas and educating the novices along the way.I am sure of it.Keep up the good work to those who contribute.
Somebody once said......that separates the boys from the men.If you are a man...why follow the "bear trap " and become as foolish as the boy?
Let the hunt begins.

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-09-15 14:18 | Report Abuse

Just to clear some misconceptions about my postings as somebody spreading rumours and fears as if I am a monster making people bankrupt buying those stocks I have done analysis and posted in i3.

When you talk about value investing in the stock market, we are talking about buying stocks of good companies with intrinsic values at a margin of safety, and then sell them when the price of the stocks have risen closed to the intrinsic values. Time is needed for that to happen, and we are talking of a time horizon of years, not days, weeks or months. That will be a trading activities, not investing. So to see the performance of a portfolio of stocks, we have to look at the compounded annual return (CAR) for years as compared to the broad market.

Tan Kian Wei, one of the major contributors in i3 has put up my long term portfolio some time ago as shown in the following link:
http://klse.i3investor.com/servlets/pfs/13147.jsp
Incidentally I did analysis and valuations on those stocks and shared in i3. I have no intention of asking anyone to buy so that he goes bankrupt. I have no intention to peddle the stocks as many here do realize that i3 has no such clout. I could have a selfish motive; i.e. to solicit constructive feedback from forumers here so that if I have made any mistake in my analysis, somebody tells me that and I can then avoid losing my own money investing in those stocks. So if anyone has bought any stock in the list based on my analysis, he can’t blame me for misleading him and making him bankrupt, can he?

But does anyone lose money if he were to buy those stocks in my list when it was first put up by TanKW on 21 January 2013? Here is an analysis of their share price performance as shown in appended Table 1 appended below.

All 10 stocks in the portfolio have positive returns which varies from 0.5% to 103.3%. The average return since 8 months ago is 38.4%. Half of them have return more than 30%. This is compared to just 8.2% of the KLSE index. So can anyone blame me for buying those stocks in my portfolio without even paying me a cent?

But like I have said, the real test of an investment performance is its long term return from an investment process. How does the portfolio perform in a long term basis? Table 2 appended shows the details of the compounded annual returns of the portfolio and stocks.

Table 3 below here shows the compounded annual returns (CAR) of the portfolio as compared to KLSE. As you can see, the portfolio outperform KLSE every year by a very wide margin. For example for 5-year CAR is 27.3%, 2.4 times that of KLSE of 11.5%, or an excess return of 15.8%.

So anybody following my list complaining of loses any money? Anybody went bankrupt as claimed by somebody here? Does anybody want to volunteer to check the hundreds of unit trust funds invested in the local equity if any of them is better than this performance? I bet you can’t.

Table 3 15/09/2013
Year 1 2 3 4 5
Average Portfolio CAR 42.9% 25.3% 21.5% 24.9% 27.3%
KLSE CAR 9.1% 13.9% 6.5% 9.7% 11.5%
Excess return 33.8% 11.5% 15.1% 15.2% 15.8%

Table 1 15/09/2013
Stock Name Ref Price Price now Div rec Change %change
Kfima 2.02 1.95 0.080 0.010 0.5%
Pintaras 3.12 5.70 0.100 2.680 85.9%
ECS 1.06 1.11 0.025 0.075 7.1%
Plenitude 1.85 2.21 0.050 0.410 22.2%
Jobstreest 2.40 4.80 0.080 2.480 103.3%