JCY INTERNATIONAL BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): JCY (5161)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

+0.005 (0.83%)

Day's Change

0.575 - 0.625

Trading Volume

67 people like this.

19,321 comment(s). Last comment by FortuneBlooming 7 minutes ago

DickyMe

14,665 posts

Posted by DickyMe > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

Still holding this laggard for almost six years.
Cost is 27 sen, but still haven't take cost or profit, yet.
Not satisfied with the return for a six year waiting period.

curiousq

958 posts

Posted by curiousq > 2 months ago |

Post removed.Why?

calvintaneng

55,563 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

DickyMe

Still holding this laggard for almost six years.
Cost is 27 sen, but still haven't take cost or profit, yet.
Not satisfied with the return for a six year waiting period.

1 hour ago

WHOA! Holding JCY for 6 years?

Now this is my testimony too

I been holding Pm Corp for 7 years to finally see success!
Starting buying Pm Corp at 15 sen. Pm Corp dropped to 12 sen I bought more.
Then Pm Corp dropped to 9 sen (stayed there for 2 years & i kept buying more

One day to my horror Pm Corp dropped to all time low of 7.5 sen. With trembling hands & heart steady I bought some at the lowest

In fact for 3 years I was in Top 30 of Pm Corp

Then one day "CATALYST! Pm Corp sold Woodland warehouse & gave 8 sen cash payout

3 Times Pm Corp crossed 30 sen & highest was 37 sen
I made 6 figures from this penny stock
See
https://klse.i3investor.com/web/blog/detail/www.eaglevisioninvest.com/2016-04-30-story-h54274077-A_VICTORY_CELEBRATION_IN_PM_CORP_Calvin_Tan

A Cyclical Stock like JCY has Now THE MOST POWERFUL "CATALYST ON EARTH

A SYNCHRONIZED WORLD WIDE SETTING UP OF DC (DATA CENTERS) ALL AT ONCE!

How high it will PROPEL JCY UP IS YET TO BE SEEN

calvintaneng

55,563 posts

Inside a Google Data Center

See

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZmGGAbHqa0

See carefuly

At the Very "Center" of Data Center are HARD DISK DRIVES (HDD) Rows and Rows and Rows of HDD!!

calvintaneng

55,563 posts

THE MAIN FUNCTION OF WORKERS IN DC

MAKE SURE HDD (HARD DISK DRIVES) ARE IN TIP TOP CONDITION

MUST BE GUARDED 24 HOURS A DAY & 7 DAYS A WEEK ALL FOR HDD(90%) AND SSD(10%)

calvintaneng

55,563 posts

BASICALLY

LOTS & LOTS OF COMPUTERS CONTAINING "HDD" IN DATA CENTER!

0 seconds ago

Zachzach

1,249 posts

Posted by Zachzach > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

Ta calvin for the tp

Posted by learnbyheart > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

i am stuck at 0.65..please save me..4 years already

Posted by Kim Shi Xin > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

Hi, if my entry is 0.340, what will be the best for TP

paktua73

18,404 posts

Posted by paktua73 > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

morning kim shi xin..
aiming at rm0.49 n above

tut tut
happy weekend

Jerung

410 posts

Posted by Jerung > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

Calvin how come last 2 years the PL so bad since the data centre already strayed few years bk in US

calvintaneng

55,563 posts

Jerung

Last two years business was bad due to Lock down by Covid 19. Plus also Seagate and Western Digital still got enough old stocks of HDD

now that Data Centers set up finally resumed in earnest all the old stocks already used up and they need new orders from Jcy

Last time when Glove was in Superbull I called up Esceramic (nicknamed ice cream) and they said all glove hand mold all sold and only some old stocks left

So will be the same for Jcy had other HDD part makers

This is a sudden upturn of demand

calvintaneng

55,563 posts

How come there is a sudden surge of demand

For 2 years (China 3 years ) the world was in a lock in due to corona Virus

Every one was confined into homes and not allowed to go out

As such people communicated by the Phone and internet

Many ordered food through grab or panda
and order goods by ecommerce
This move into Cyber space created great need for bandwidth

in Klse there was frenzied trading due to glove Superbull.
Even Bursa website crashed due to the huge volumes of trading

This same scenarios happen not only in Malaysia but world wide
and in USA progress in Ai and Tech also created huge demand for Storage which is not enough since everything stopped during the pandemic
Even Jcy got to close it's China operations due to prolonged lockdown
now Big Ai companies have grown by leaps and bounds so requirement of Data Center for Storage jumped
my internet subscription was free in year 2009 www.inspiretopray.com when I first started. Free domain kindly hosted my website

now no more
they wanted to charge me Usd700 (almost Rm3000) 😱
I managed to find one cheaper at Usd200 (over Rm900) 😀
and I do it for free

due to fear of price increase plus not enough storage for crucial data many are now rushing to set up New Data Center

very good for Seagate and Western Digital

thus Jcy, Notion and Dufu will see a bull run from now

calvintaneng

55,563 posts

Do see again www.inspiretopray.com

these books and many other books are slowly transferred to DC (Data Center) by Amazon.com through their Kindle online books

all go into the cloud and stored in DC

so book stores (physical ) like Borders book and others are closing everywhere
That is one reason DC (Data Center) will keep on growing

ChloeTai

1,408 posts

Posted by ChloeTai > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

In terms of Solid State Drive (SSD) and Hard Disk Drive (HDD) producers, Notion and Dufu are much better than JCY. But I cannot afford to buy them. So, I have no choice but to buy JCY. Calvin Tan has stated that the immediate target price of JCY, which I bought at RM0.445 is RM0.50. Calvin Tan stated that JCY should be 73 sen after the August and November 2024 results. JCY has stated in their quarterly report that the 2nd half will be better than the first half for FY2024.

Genovese

123 posts

Posted by Genovese > 2 months ago |

Post removed.Why?

Jerung

410 posts

Tqvm Calvin for the info

Jerung

410 posts

Good sharing on Ur ministry , keep up d good work PTL

DickyMe

14,665 posts

HDD vs SSD
HDD -
Cheap, high capacity, possibility of recovering data in case of fault. Downside slow,
SSD is blazing fast, BUT very low in capacity, EXPENSIVE and slim chance of recovering data.

It is user's preference about what is their priority. whether speed or reliability to access vital data.

DickyMe

14,665 posts

@Genovese
If you want exclusivity, go to paid investment site where they discuss ONLY investment.
I3 is vibrant because of it's diverse topic which makes it LIVELY.

ChloeTai

1,408 posts

I try searching for data centres in Malaysia. I could only found one, which is STT in Cyberjaya. The SEDENAK TECHPARK is still under construction, but is is going to be the biggest one in Malaysia. Malaysia is still quite far behind.

ChloeTai

1,408 posts

The SEDENAK TECHPARK is in Kulai, Johore.

ChloeTai

1,408 posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2b0ljMXyEg

Sedenak Tech Park Johor

Still under construction and will be completed in 3 years time under the care of YTL and YTLPOWER. How many HDD and SSD do they need?

calvintaneng

55,563 posts

SEE MALAYSIA MENTIONED IN DATA CENTER NEWS

https://www.datacenterdynamics.com/en/news/

only Seagate, Western Digital & Toshiba supply HDD to all these thousands of DATA Centers Worldwide

JCY
NOTION
DUFU

WILL BENEFIT TREMENDOUSLY

FROM NOW TILL REST OF THE DECADE THE HOTTEST THEME IS AI AND DATA CENTERS

Goldberg

2,895 posts

Posted by Goldberg > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

Is flash storage the key to effective and sustainable AI?

Agreeing with that finding, Pure Storage’s CEO Charlie Giancarlo asserts that the conventional hard disk drive (HDD) — which consists of a spinning disk to read and write/store data magnetically — will not be able to cope with the demands of an AI-driven organisation. “HDDs used to be in everything, but they’re no longer in your laptop, handphone and more. Today, enterprise mass storage, data centres and hyper scalers are the last remaining bastions of hard disks,” he said in his opening keynote at last month’s Pure//Accelerate 2023 conference in Las Vegas. He also boldly claims that no new HDDs will be sold by 2028 as they will be entirely replaced by flash storage, whose capabilities have been rapidly developing over the years to address the needs of AI.

AI’s requirements

At the same conference, Pure Storage’s chief technology officer Rob Lee shares the IT infrastructure (particularly from storage and computing) requirements for AI.

The first is performance. He explains that AI is a game of “who can collect the most data, feed it into graphics processing units (GPUs) the fastest [for analysis], and repeat the process the most”. Therefore, the infrastructure must enable AI to perform all those tasks efficiently and across different data types such as text, images and video.

https://www.theedgesingapore.com/digitaledge/focus/flash-storage-key-effective-and-sustainable-ai

Goldberg

2,895 posts

Data Storage

WHAT IS FLASH STORAGE?

Flash storage is a data storage technology based on high-speed, electrically programmable memory. The speed of flash storage is how got its name: It writes data and performs random I/O operations in a flash.

Flash storage uses a type of nonvolatile memory called flash memory. Nonvolatile memory doesn’t require power to maintain the integrity of stored data, so even if your power goes out, you don’t lose your data. In other words, nonvolatile memory won’t “forget” the data it has stored when the disk is turned off.

Flash storage uses memory cells to store data. Cells with previously written data must be erased before new data can be written. Flash storage can also come in several forms, from simple USB sticks to enterprise all-flash arrays.

https://www.netapp.com/data-storage/what-is-flash-storage/

Goldberg

2,895 posts

FLASH STORAGE IN THE DATA CENTER

Flash storage offers unique benefits to enterprises that are grappling with exploding data volumes and slow, unpredictable data access. As all-flash storage solutions become increasingly affordable relative to spinning disk, enterprises can now realize flash benefits at scale, including: 

Accelerated application performance. This is often the first benefit that people think of when they think of flash. With 20x the performance of HDD technology, flash can accelerate common enterprise applications, such as Oracle Database, MS-SQL, SAP, and VDI, as well as big data analytics such as Hadoop and NoSQL databases. The speed of flash enables customers to access information faster and more effectively. It frees IT staff to focus more on strategic business goals and less on unplanned fire drills. And it empowers the business to capitalize on new opportunities, outcomes, and markets with increased productivity and faster time to market.
Improved data center economics. With the development of high-density flash technologies, today’s all-flash storage solutions offer faster performance and higher capacity in a fraction of the data center footprint. As their data volumes continue to grow, enterprises can see significant cost savings over time from simplified management and a reduction in space, power, and cooling costs.
Future-proof infrastructure. Modernizing your data center with flash is a critical step in digital transformation, but it's important to choose a flash system that supports changing business needs. Not all flash solutions are created equal. All-flash systems that offer nondisruptive scale-out make it possible to start small and grow big. Flash storage that is NVMe-ready can also help future-proof your infrastructure for new technologies and eliminate costly and disruptive forklift upgrades. If your IT strategy calls for a potential cloud element down the road, a flash system that supports cloud integration gives you maximum flexibility for the future.

calvintaneng

55,563 posts

No need to waste time reading irrelevant stuff

Seagate already stated
Hdd drive will be in use for 15 years from 2019 which means 2023 - 9 years more good years for Hdd
No need to worry as Data Center need for Hdd will be tremendous for a decade more

Source : Seagate world biggest manufacturer of Hdd

calvintaneng

55,563 posts

Should be

2019 + 15

= 2034

One decade more Hdd will be in use

calvintaneng

55,563 posts

Seagate joins the HDD price hike party, blames AI for spike in demand
4 comment bubble on white
Expect ongoing supply shortages this year, say storage analysts
iconDan Robinson
Tue 23 Apr 2024 // 18:15 UTC
Seagate has joined Western Digital in increasing the prices of hard drives, with rising demand due to the huge data requirements of AI taking the blame. AI is also behind a rapid growth in orders for Enterprise solid state drives (SSDs).

One of the big three makers of traditional rotating hard disk drives (HDDs), Seagate informed customers that it is increasing prices effective immediately for new orders, but also for any changes to orders that are “over and above” previously committed volumes.

This was disclosed in a letter from the company seen by analyst Trendforce, and comes just a couple of weeks after rival manufacturer Western Digital sent out a similar letter to customers informing them of price hikes.

According to Trendforce, the cause of the issue is two-fold: rising demand for high-capacity HDD products driven by the current craze for all things AI, and reduced production by hard drive manufacturers that means they are unable to meet the demand, leading to soaring prices.

calvintaneng

55,563 posts

Seagate has joined Western Digital in increasing the prices of hard drives, with rising demand due to the huge data requirements of AI taking the blame. AI is also behind a rapid growth in orders for Enterprise solid state drives (SSDs).

One of the big three makers of traditional rotating hard disk drives (HDDs), Seagate informed customers that it is increasing prices effective immediately for new orders, but also for any changes to orders that are “over and above” previously committed volumes.

This was disclosed in a letter from the company seen by analyst Trendforce, and comes just a couple of weeks after rival manufacturer Western Digital sent out a similar letter to customers informing them of price hikes.

According to Trendforce, the cause of the issue is two-fold: rising demand for high-capacity HDD products driven by the current craze for all things AI, and reduced production by hard drive manufacturers that means they are unable to meet the demand, leading to soaring prices.

calvintaneng

55,563 posts

Why Ai & DATA CENTER didn't go for FLASH?

Answer:

HDD still the Cheapest for Storage

Why Want To Waste Money?

DATA CENTER IS FOR STORAGE (NOT FOR SPEED: FOR PERSONAL LAPTOP MAYBE YOU NEED SPEED)
NOT WHEN YOU ARE DOING STORAGE BUSINESS

See

If you want speed you could export Chicken & eggs by Air from Subang Airport to Singapore Changi International Airport

In a flash your chicken & egg arrive

BUT WHY PAY SO HIGH FREIGHT?

You can also import Cars from Japan by Airplane. Lorry & Buses also can be sent By Plane in A Flash from TOKYO TO KL

But very Costly!

So why is possible might not be cost effective and also not practical at all

calvintaneng

55,563 posts

GLOVE SUPERBULL WAS CUT SHORT BY 3 THINGS

1) OVER PRODUCTION OF MEDICAL GLOVES IN MALAYSIA

2) CHINA GLOVES UNDERCUTTING PRICES

3) VACCINES

ALL THESE BROUGHT GLOVE BULL TO A STOP

WHAT ABOUT HDD DRIVES?

THIS ONE CHINA CANNOT

WHY?

ANSWER:

BECAUSE IF CHINA CAN DO HDD HUAWEI WON'T NEED TO BUY FROM SEAGATE

SEE

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-65332208

Ravi1969

305 posts

Posted by Ravi1969 > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

Jtiasa doing sooooo well

Posted by FortuneBlooming > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

how far can go geh

this jcy lor, not itu jtiasa lor

ChloeTai

1,408 posts

https://gamuda.com.my/2024/05/gamuda-bags-rm928-6mil-data-centre-co
Data centres keep on booming. How many HDD and SSD do they need?

ChloeTai

1,408 posts

https://theedgemalaysia.com/node/705528
SunCon secures RM748 mil job to build data centre in Selangor. Data centres keep on booming. How many HDD and SSD do they need?

Volz4321

81 posts

Posted by Volz4321 > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

JCY gonna follow Notion soon

calvintaneng

55,563 posts

DATA CENTER IN FULL SWING : CATALYST FOR HDD DRIVE BULL RUN. SEE TOP 30 HOLDERS OF NOTION, JCY & DUFU, Calvin Tan

https://klse.i3investor.com/web/blog/detail/www.eaglevisioninvest.com/2024-05-26-story-h-160747981-DATA_CENTER_IN_FULL_SWING_CATALYST_FOR_HDD_DRIVE_BULL_RUN_SEE_TOP_30_HO

walawey

so how far up can go leh

calvintaneng

55,563 posts

"Nothing is more powerful than an idea whose time has come"

--:Victor Hugo

HDD bull run commencing

bryan2003

66 posts

Posted by bryan2003 > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

If notion can run that fast and that high, there is no reason JCY cant due to the fact that JCY's hard disc concentration and total revenue from hard disc is much higher than Notion. As mentioned in the QR, the utilization rate is still below 50% and let's assume it goes to 80% coming quarters, i suppose it can run as fast as Notion.

danny123

1,195 posts

Posted by danny123 > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

hard disk drives is very competitive, around d world many companies are manufacturing it, for those who want to know more, pls read the above link.

danny123

1,195 posts

Posted by danny123 > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

Price is very competitive, many companys manufacturing Hdd went bankruptcy.Please read d above.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz