AMWAY (M) HOLDINGS BHD

KLSE (MYR): AMWAY (6351)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

-0.05 (0.68%)

Day's Change

7.20 - 7.30

Trading Volume

2 people like this.

270 comment(s). Last comment by pushparaj 1 week ago

TheMiddle

789 posts

Posted by TheMiddle > 2018-06-26 22:34 | Report Abuse

Haio profit also significant drop.

offshore

327 posts

Posted by offshore > 2018-07-05 09:22 | Report Abuse

Each business has its cycle. The last time this company went up high was because of buy up before price increase due to GST and so it's a matter of time before another price increase.

Amway is no.1 direct sale company in terms of revenue in the world and the only place you can buy Amway shares is in Malaysia so do appreciate this opportunity.

It is not losing to e-commerce simply because it is not easy for someone in Malaysia to buy an Amway product from a foreigner through internet and ship them into Malaysia. It will be stopped by Customs because they are not approved for sale in Malaysia. So anyone want to buy Amway products have to buy from Amway Malaysia.

The problem with Amway is that their plan is not attractive to young people. The reward is very little at the beginning and it only gets a lot when you move up to higher position. It is not easy for young people to go full time and survive with that little reward. I hope they can fix this.

Posted by mwatcher123 > 2018-07-06 19:16 | Report Abuse

Amway is a MLM company. Young ppl, being new recruits, start at the bottom of the pyramid. There is tremendous attrition rate at the bottom of this pyramid. How to survive with so little rewards? Difficult to solve this problem as those at the top won't want to give up their cushy commission. The solutions is to get more and more sales recruits. But eventually, new recruits will reach saturation point. That's why Amway is not the company for long term investors.

offshore

327 posts

Posted by offshore > 2018-07-06 20:18 | Report Abuse

Those at the top will always be at the top as long as they qualify each month, with the hard work of their down line. The network that they have built will always belong to them and it can even be passed on to their next of kin. When you are new, you start from the bottom and build your network, even if those at the top quit their business, the newcomers still need to work their way up. This is not an employment situation where the top needs to quit for the bottom to be promoted. You will be promoted when you get that volume.

lsj89

68 posts

Posted by lsj89 > 2018-07-09 13:07 | Report Abuse

Amway is quasi MLM company, if u truely understand that marketing plan, who are in bottom level can anytime surpass his/her upline if he hitting the volume, if his/her upline do nothing , he cant qualify his downline 's selling volume,
furthermore, u will not able to includes your downline's selling volume and count it as your business volume after your downline hitting 21%(in Amway, they call break 21%)

offshore

327 posts

Posted by offshore > 2018-07-11 12:30 | Report Abuse

Yes, the upline also needs to hit some personal volume to be eligible for the downline volume. It's a good thing that there are still many people do not fully understand the amway business. It shows the market is not stagnating yet and has room to grow.

ocelot

59 posts

Posted by ocelot > 2018-07-19 12:15 | Report Abuse

Seems like many ppl still confuse between pyramid & MLM

ocelot

59 posts

Posted by ocelot > 2018-07-19 12:23 | Report Abuse

Nowadays insurance & property line also use MLM method

allenroy

190 posts

Posted by allenroy > 2018-07-25 12:12 | Report Abuse

looking good to pick up

shpg22

2,984 posts

Posted by shpg22 > 2018-08-21 11:14 | Report Abuse

USD/MYR at 4.10. More pain ahead.

shpg22

2,984 posts

Posted by shpg22 > 2018-08-21 20:49 | Report Abuse

Wishful hope of dividend going up back to the glory days of MLM.

Yael Jasper

2,178 posts

Posted by Yael Jasper > 2018-08-23 12:09 | Report Abuse

Price will gap up this morning, good luck to all and enjoy the rollercoaster.... hehe

Posted by mwatcher123 > 2018-08-23 13:08 | Report Abuse

Stock will move up coz EPF managers supporting it and pushing it higher to attract momentum investors.

Lim Tek Wai

2,386 posts

Posted by Lim Tek Wai > 2018-08-27 10:43 | Report Abuse

Wow! earn more again! good stock, i have earned a lot to pay my bills.

Yael Jasper

2,178 posts

Posted by Yael Jasper > 2018-08-27 11:18 | Report Abuse

Time to collect profit, hehehe thanksss

btchoopg

13 posts

Posted by btchoopg > 2018-09-26 14:53 | Report Abuse

down turn...

James Ng

2,677 posts

Posted by James Ng > 2018-10-16 13:09 | Report Abuse

https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/general/178435.jsp
[转贴] [AMWAY MALAYSIA HOLDINGS BHD:销售额下降及进口成本上升] - James的股票投资James Share Investing

Muarmali

1,186 posts

Posted by Muarmali > 2018-12-19 16:44 | Report Abuse

cheap products. above 50% margin distributed to multi-layer of mouth to ear hard selling team. I won't buy products but the shares :))))))

enigmatic

905 posts

Posted by enigmatic > 2019-01-15 03:11 | Report Abuse

What a far cry from its glory days.
Used to be RM12 five years ago & a solid dividend stock too.
Since then, Amway has been on a continuous downtrend.
Until its profits suddenly surge, I think the downtrend might continue until below RM5.
The dividends might be tempting then.

sheldon

1,383 posts

Posted by sheldon > 2019-01-15 19:44 | Report Abuse

Weakening MYR caused by the kleptocrats is the main cause

Mamat_Win

69 posts

Posted by Mamat_Win > 2019-01-18 15:58 | Report Abuse

how is amway doing this year?

myrKing

55 posts

Posted by myrKing > 2019-01-22 16:57 | Report Abuse

any news for amway?

char1234

5,299 posts

Posted by char1234 > 2019-01-25 17:20 | Report Abuse

Good company but too market too competitive

Posted by john1973_lew > 2019-01-25 21:25 | Report Abuse

rebound ?

char1234

5,299 posts

Posted by char1234 > 2019-01-25 23:58 | Report Abuse

i really dont know ...maybe take years .They r profitable n honest.Billion dollar company now

char1234

5,299 posts

Posted by char1234 > 2019-01-25 23:59 | Report Abuse

in 3 to 5 years time, share price definitely double.

char1234

5,299 posts

Posted by char1234 > 2019-01-25 23:59 | Report Abuse

can u wait ??

Posted by Nicholasming91 > 2019-01-26 00:00 | Report Abuse

Why double? i also stopped using amway liao, got better alternatives

LouiseS

286 posts

Posted by LouiseS > 2019-02-03 18:57 | Report Abuse

Last 5 years EPS on decreasing trend, decreased by 129.2% over last 5 years, PE ratio is high at 20, ROE 22%, and dividend yield 4.74%

https://louisesinvesting.blogspot.com/2019/02/preliminary-screening-of-counters-with_45.html

Posted by farisszuan > 2019-03-05 11:54 | Report Abuse

should buy this?

James Ng

2,677 posts

Posted by James Ng > 2019-04-29 09:41 | Report Abuse

https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/general/204312.jsp
[转贴] [AMWAY MALAYSIA HOLDINGS BHD:管理层将通过积极管理运营成本来继续应对盈利挑战] - James的股票投资James Share Investing

Posted by Scott Johnson > 2019-06-21 05:51 | Report Abuse

Amway is a scam, sell your stock. Do your part and submit a complaint at www.FTC.gov and forward the below John Oliver video link to everyone you know, except current Amway IBOs, and encourage them to do the same, and so on, à la network marketing/MLM. If you don't, then you're part of the problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6MwGeOm8iI

Amway has 2 major problems, and most MLMs have at least one of these issues:

1. The products are overpriced, which makes them almost impossible to sell to customers and results in Amway being an illegal pyramid, according to the FTC and SEC websites and previous court decisions; and

2. The Tool Scam is hidden profit for the top level distributors only, and the vast majority of distributors operate at a net loss as a result. This is RICO fraud.

For recent examples, google “FTC” along with the following companies, one at a time: FHTM, BurnLounge, Zeek, TelexFree, Vemma, and Herbalife. Make a complaint on the FTC website: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/?utm_source=takeaction#crnt&panel1-1

Although there is no federal law defining pyramid schemes, the FTC has a long and successful track record of using its Section 5 law prohibiting “unfair and deceptive” business practices to go after MLM scams: https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/multilevel-marketing which states, in part, “Not all multilevel marketing plans are legitimate. If the money you make is based on your sales to the public, it may be a legitimate multilevel marketing plan. If the money you make is based on the number of people you recruit and your sales to them, it’s probably not. It could be a pyramid scheme. Pyramid schemes are illegal, and the vast majority of participants lose money.”

Read about these and much more at these websites: www.StopTheAmwayToolScam.wordpress.com and www.AllMLMFacts.org, and email stoptheamwaytoolscam@yahoo.com to help shut down Amway and other MLM scams.

Watch this video about Amway and other MLM scams, then forward it to everyone you know, except for current Amway IBOs, and encourage them to do the same. When enough people know, these scams will collapse:

English version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6MwGeOm8iI

Spanish version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy-O4myeUzg

Ricky Yeo

1,637 posts

Posted by Ricky Yeo > 2019-08-06 13:30 | Report Abuse

If Amway is a scam, it must have been the longest running scam in history of mankind, since 1959 lol

DickyMe

14,318 posts

Posted by DickyMe > 2019-08-06 13:35 | Report Abuse

Amway is indeed a scam. What happens to the registration fees? This is how MLM pyramid schemes work. They hide behind a seemingly innocent business scheme but collect fees. This fees is non refundable and becomes their income. They pool the fund and operate clandestine investments apart from the so call business. It's a scam involving so called educated thieves whose intention is to gather more suckers.

Team 30

46 posts

Posted by Team 30 > 2019-08-06 13:38 | Report Abuse

60 Years of scam you kidding me

DickyMe

14,318 posts

Posted by DickyMe > 2019-08-06 13:46 | Report Abuse

Yup, they had amassed enough wealth to buy out anyone.

Ricky Yeo

1,637 posts

Posted by Ricky Yeo > 2019-08-07 05:10 | Report Abuse

If I had an ounce of intellect to decide whether you're stupid or Amway is a scam, it will be the former.

DickyMe

14,318 posts

Posted by DickyMe > 2019-08-07 11:20 | Report Abuse

"Ricky Yeo If I had an ounce of intellect to decide whether you're stupid or Amway is a scam, it will be the former."

LOL, "Ricky Yeo If I had an ounce of intellect .." You admit of not having even an ounce of intelligence aka dumbass, with that opening. Thanks for the confession.

Ricky Yeo

1,637 posts

Posted by Ricky Yeo > 2019-08-07 20:06 | Report Abuse

If I had an ounce of intellect says nothing about my current level of intellect right? I am referring to the minimum amount of intellect that is enough to detect BS. Got me? Comon, simple logic.

DickyMe

14,318 posts

Posted by DickyMe > 2019-08-08 11:25 | Report Abuse

No need to twist and turn like snake to sound intelligent.

Ricky Yeo

1,637 posts

Posted by Ricky Yeo > 2019-08-08 11:35 | Report Abuse

No need to twist. Let me know when Amway gets implicated as pyramid scheme.

DickyMe

14,318 posts

Posted by DickyMe > 2019-08-08 17:24 | Report Abuse

It is a pyramid scheme with member get member. Hard work or sales of indivuduals are not greatly rewarded. Those with "branches and leaves" with less work are rewarded. "Untung atas angin". It has all elements of deceit.

MK4872

252 posts

Posted by MK4872 > 2019-08-22 09:48 | Report Abuse

Membership fee or joining fee of Amway is refundable in full in year 1 upon joining. After that you need to renew it and if you terminate after renewal, they will still refund an amount to you.

Joining fee is about RM100 and renewal fee is less than RM50 a year.

Unlike other MLM company that charge thousands for joining, Amway charge only small amount....thats a scam?

The pricing of products.....yes its a bit more expensive but 1 bottle of LOC....i use 1 year also cannot finish and it cost about RM30 per bottle (i think). Some of their other products, you actually need to mix it yourself with water to dillute it. Been using their product for years.

I am one of the member as well....my wife when we got married went to terminate her membership and got refunded an amount....it was more than her renewal fee.

As for their "top distributor"....any down line can overtake their up line/ sponsor. I am a sleeping member who only buy their product for private use. My own down line made it to Emerald and earn much more than i do....and this down line is 3 generation down from me.

For any pyramid scheme or ponzi scheme, once it get to a certain size, it will collapse under its own weight....it just cannot sustain but Amway had grow in size so big and strong.....it's almost impossible to collapse. The Balance Sheet of Amway is one of the most healthy, no loans, no HP, no OD and with massive amount of cash at bank. Cash is king in any business. I saw how the company grow from day 1 of listing till now. From the financial crisis in 97....it grow and grow.

They buy and construct their current HQ in PJ all by CASH...no external funding from any banks and didnt raise any funds from share issue either.

Yes, there may be some "not so good" year....thats normal for any business....but even in those years, they still make profit and pay good dividend.

MK4872

252 posts

Posted by MK4872 > 2019-08-22 11:44 | Report Abuse

If any one have doubt in the refundable thing...try join membership and test it yourself. Its only less than RM100. If you got burn...its RM100...if not, then at least you live to testify that it is really refundable.

Amway had been around in M'sia for 40+ years....all these refundable, warranty, etc are all written...if they had ever go back on their words....they would have been sued over and over again right? Their MLM license would have been terminated long ago right? Remember, they are a public listed co....you think they can simply dance with fire and not comply with law or regulations for the past 40+ years?

offshore

327 posts

Posted by offshore > 2019-08-22 17:44 | Report Abuse

It's funny to think that Amway is so hard up for that registration fee. That small amount of fee certainly will not contribute significantly to their RM900m+ annual turnover. Their products are expensive only if you compare to what you normally find in the hypermarket. If you compare to other MLMs products, the price is about the same or even cheaper in some cases.

MK4872

252 posts

Posted by MK4872 > 2019-08-23 11:49 | Report Abuse

good things not cheap and cheap things not good. Their product a bit more expensive but its good to use.

If their things are no good....how to survive for 40+ years in Malaysia? You think consumer all stupid? You cant fool all the people all the time over 40 years la.

This company is rock solid. Its for long term. No nonsense and well manage.

offshore

327 posts

Posted by offshore > 2019-08-23 13:40 | Report Abuse

It doesn't take a genius to realise that they are listed in Malaysia not for funding purposes because they are cash rich. It's not like they are very hard up for investors' money. Take note that Amway is not listed anywhere in the world apart from Malaysia so do appreciate this privilege.

MK4872

252 posts

Posted by MK4872 > 2019-08-27 10:26 | Report Abuse

a lot of people here dont read the Annual Report and fail to see how much cash this company is generating.

MK4872

252 posts

Posted by MK4872 > 2019-08-27 10:44 | Report Abuse

DickyMe, try la....join as a member and then after 3 month go and surrender your membership and see if they refund to you or not. Dont tell me you dont even have RM100 to test this out. If you have the money to invest in KLSE, i'm sure you have more than RM100 to spare.

BTW, all these are written in the membership application form. If they dont refund to you....sue them....bring them to Consumer Tribunal. See if you manage to bring Amway Malaysia to its knee or not....instant fame la....you get to write your name in the history book and be famous worldwide. Try it.

For those of you that dont know, you may even try their Water Treatment System....they call it espring....they actually have a lab test report detailing what it can filter out and how many % contaminant it filter out. The same espring is sold worldwide....i'm sure some people or some NGO somewhere tried to prove it wrong by doing their own lab test since espring had been around for more than 10 years. But none had been able to discredit Amway claim.

If any one can discredit their claim, they can sue Amway for misrepresentation and false claim....can sue for compensation from Amway. They have millions in their bank account (refer to their annual report) if you dont believe me.

That is how confident they are in the quality of their product.

Jeffreyteck

4,246 posts

Posted by Jeffreyteck > 2019-10-25 12:40 | Report Abuse

China Amway contributed to how many % of sales and profit?

Post a Comment
Market Buzz