ASTRO MALAYSIA HOLDINGS BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): ASTRO (6399)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

-0.02 (6.15%)

Day's Change

0.30 - 0.32

Trading Volume

20 people like this.

8,153 comment(s). Last comment by Bohya777 13 hours ago

hhhiii123

672 posts

Posted by hhhiii123 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Cut loss, wait to see this company slowly dying..

raviy2k13

93 posts

Posted by raviy2k13 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Taking it private at $0.50

Posted by birkincollector > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

bought some at 0.305😁

hhhiii123

672 posts

Posted by hhhiii123 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

No idea how long it will drop as long as churn rate still high and ringgit stay weak. Epf is losing money like crazy lol

Posted by diggiediggiedang > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Soar high stock ran by soar high management.

Posted by diggiediggiedang > 4 weeks ago | Report Abuse

next AGM, lets propose to cut director fees & block GCEO ESOS. Since company went through a VSS, they should bear some responsibility.

EDwarrior

145 posts

Posted by EDwarrior > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Wow look like return to 0.8 is unlikely

hhhiii123

672 posts

Posted by hhhiii123 > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

0.8 lol, 0.20 also possible, drop to trash price then privatisation

EDwarrior

145 posts

Bye bye Astro lol

Bohya777

15 posts

Posted by Bohya777 > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

if transformation fail then really byebye

Posted by BuySoLow SellEvenLower > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Astro look like becoming Ashthrow, share price going to the dungs.

LimitUp

394 posts

Posted by LimitUp > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Astro turning to Ash....then only people realise why they didn't Throw...

LimitUp

394 posts

Posted by LimitUp > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Tomorrow is Friday maybe time to start throwing....

jack2

1,352 posts

Posted by jack2 > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

going 20 cts

nich0las

2,781 posts

Posted by nich0las > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Profit 44Mil, why throw?

Posted by birkincollector > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

ok la better than my expectation 😀

gohkimhock

2,938 posts

Posted by gohkimhock > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Astro closes FYE24 with record low profit and dividend. Sunset industry..

cheeseburger

2,768 posts

Posted by cheeseburger > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

looking at PE, this price should down to 0.15 at least

speakup

24,965 posts

Posted by speakup > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

astro gone case

autoven

240 posts

Posted by autoven > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

this stock for now...i dont see future...tvbox and many free app can install on smart tv for free....why need to pay monthly for astro to see those outmoded movies and drama?

Posted by Investsmart60 > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Astro still making profit dont forget

EDwarrior

145 posts

Still dropping below 0.295. Useless stock in Bursa. So funny this company

DickyMe

14,318 posts

Posted by DickyMe > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

"Investsmart60

Astro still making profit dont forget"
==========================

If it is true, then don't forget it is diminishing.

5354_

4,506 posts

Posted by 5354_ > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Debts situation how? Getting worse?

Looks like debt is super bad. Assets mostly intangible valuation not sure can believe or not.

ysyap84

152 posts

Posted by ysyap84 > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Usually, it will head to south after result released. More to go down. Support at 0.25.

Teh Diven

4,131 posts

Posted by Teh Diven > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Who dare to invest?

Posted by DividendGuy67 > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Still downtrending. Fundamentally still overvalued for declining earnings, declining revenues, declining dividends. Still expensive relative to its NTA of 21 sen.

CEO, Board, management still dreaming. They still aim to be Malaysia's No 1 streaming platform. Still spending trying to achieve this. Hahaha. Just google Malaysia's top streaming platform. I can't find Astro inside that list. Instead I see Netflix, Disney+Hotstar, AppleTV+, viu, all recognizable name but Astro I can't find. Sad ...

Press release - CEO still throws big words like "world class content" ... then went on to quote examples of world class "All Stars Gegar Vaganza, Malaysia’s No.1 show, needs no introduction ..". Seriously? You think across the border, All Stars Gegar Vaganza needs no introduction??? Hahaha ... he continues to live in an alternate universe. Guess nobody in Astro has the balls to tell him otherwise.

For declining revenues and declining earnings, plus declining DPS, you don't really want to pay 5 times earnings. If EPS is 1-2 sen, that's 10 sen max. Its NTA is 21 sen, so, if you follow Graham, you want to invest at 70% NTA or 15 sen. It's currently 29.5 sen. Sure it's profitable, but if earnings continue to decline, there's no margin of safety ... I sold half my holdings at 40 sen and will probably hold the other half till 10-15 sen before I consider adding. This might take a couple of years or so ... thankfully, I was highly disciplined in position sizing, and despite owning ASTRO that loses monies, it didn't stop my portfolio from making new all time highs many times since last year.

TTM EPS is 0.71 sen. In Q3, they threw the kitchen sink and reported a loss of 0.90 sen. But in Q4, they make back 0.85 sen which looks big, but if sum H2 together, it is still a net loss of 0.05 sen i.e. this company is still LOSING money in the last 2 quarter.

In my 10 sen valuation, I was very generous by awarding ASTRO with 1-2 sen earnings, but remember, last 2 quarters, they didn't make money but lost monies by 0.05 sen. TTM is 0.71 sen, so to get to 2 sen, they will have to TRIPLE the effort of TTM i.e. it would be against the odds to bring it back to 2 sen per year SUSTAINABLE. Price might fall to 10 sen first before settling down at 20 sen (10 times EPS of 2 sen, remembering right now it's only 0.71 sen and last 2 quarters are NEGATIVE).

If ASTRO wants to be regarded as a stock for institutions, it has to do many things, one of which is reverse stock split. Right now, it's clearly a penny stock. It needs to reverse split at least 10:1 to bring it back to RM2.95 instead of RM0.295. Then, recapitalize at RM1.00 (equivalent to 10 sen) to dilute existing shareholder's share and if so, I'll subscribe at 10 sen.

Euan Smith has to make a decision in next 3 years - will he be the CEO that transformed ASTRO in the eyes of institutional investors, or will he be booted out in next 3 years.

For those of you who are still thinking of "Averaging Down", here's an article for you.

http s://dividendguy67.blogspot.com/2024/03/should-you-average-down-or-not.html

If look segment, the tv is losing money. Only radio make money. Ceo can still talk talk talk.

5354_

4,506 posts

Maybank TP RM 0.29 so not yet attractive?

5354_

4,506 posts

Media, MediaC cheaper(in market capitalisation) if you like Media counters.

MR. BEAN

564 posts

Posted by MR. BEAN > 2 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Interesting.

DickyMe

14,318 posts

Posted by DickyMe > 2 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Posted by DickyMe > 2019-02-01 11:35 | Report Abuse
👆👆
d mc "your language show your standard." There, you just can't help being judgemental, aren't you? There is no difference in language, no such thing as polite or harsh words. Words form sentences which ultimately form a language. The words I used come from the same language you spoke. If you have mentally decided some words are inappropriate, it's your problem. You have set yourself a political correctness attitude. Not everyone will have to agree with you. The problem is, you cannot tolerate people who have opposing views.

This is an open forum to share pro and cons about a stock. I am sure it's not your website and I don't think i need your permission to post my views. You must be a fool to think that by me stating opposing remarks, it will negatively impact share price, which seems to be your insinuation. I am against Astro's way of rendering their services by dishing out rerun, disruption, no rebate and collecting subscription fees for thrashy shows.

There are many FREE alternatives enabled by technology with FREE copyright licence. So, I am not the problem to ASTRO but technology is. Here, many subscription based services have substandard quality from engineering, technical and customer service. Their only goal is to collect monthly subscription. It is akin to gangsters collecting protection money. Pirates! Astro is doomed in a couple of years.

n3lly

51 posts

Posted by n3lly > 2 weeks ago | Report Abuse

my 2c,

ASTRO should shed its DTV business model and streamline to be a content aggregator. 1st order of business is to make a full pivot towards full broadband and then merging with MAXIS.

Touching abit on MAXIS, having to compete with the current enlarged CelcomDigi and Malaysia gov's decision to force telcos to subscribe to DNB's 5g have caused MAXIS to have very little differentiating service. Same goes to MAXIS' wholesale purchase of HSBB from TM which are equally cut throat where subscriber will switch between TM depending promotion.

For the uninitiated, calling ASTRO as sunset in uncalled for. It's MEASAT and DTV that's a sunset business. As for ASTRO, it remains as the primary source of local content for the community and will most likely here to stay.

Lastly, for those people that compares ASTRO againts the like of NETFLIX, HBO+, Disney etc etc. Do you know that ASTRO offers bundle with those foreign streaming platform? Rather than having to manage several subscription, ASTRO's bundle offers a lot of value.

By merging ASTRO and MAXIS, believe there will be huge synergy to my points above. The only stumbling block to the merger above is the consideration of MEASAT's existence which to me is a huge conflict of interest.

DickyMe

14,318 posts

Posted by DickyMe > 2 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Astro bundles are heavily chopped junk shows to appease a certain section of the community. It's waste of money.

Posted by Investsmart60 > 2 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Whatever u said unifi tv already done. Astro will need to play the catch up gain if ever they decide to pivot

Posted by TiffanixLVxHermes > 2 weeks ago | Report Abuse

on board @ 0.30
TP 0.35

Bohya777

15 posts

Posted by Bohya777 > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

got future meh this astro

Posted by Mg11killerVarna > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

It's clear that you've done your homework on the financials and are making informed decisions based on that analysis. Your ability to maintain a profitable portfolio despite the challenges shows a commendable level of skill and patience in navigating the market https://geometry-free.com

nich0las

2,781 posts

Posted by nich0las > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

Think Astro will drop below 0.30. Maybe 0.25 stop. Will see how later. Happy investing!

Bohya777

15 posts

Posted by Bohya777 > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

always late to new venture....

MR. BEAN

564 posts

Posted by MR. BEAN > 4 days ago | Report Abuse

Big Fund is coming.
Green Angpao to all my minions.

Bohya777

15 posts

Posted by Bohya777 > 13 hours ago | Report Abuse