MI TECHNOVATION BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): MI (5286)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

-0.02 (1.07%)

Day's Change

1.84 - 1.86

Trading Volume

9 people like this.

6,755 comment(s). Last comment by Mitchell79 1 week ago

俊 家

141 posts

Posted by 俊 家 > 2022-07-28 16:45 | Report Abuse

yea whatever dude. cause i did it cause i felt sad for my fren being treat poorly in mi. you can do some survey, if u manage to dig any info. sure thing i hope mi can be successful. but from what i heard from my fren. i think still a long time to go =)

俊 家

141 posts

Posted by 俊 家 > 2022-07-28 16:56 | Report Abuse

or you may just browse jobstreet review on this company =)

cyeec2000

992 posts

Posted by cyeec2000 > 2022-07-28 18:16 | Report Abuse

Thanks for your info tomorrow i will double up my holding and help my family members and clients to double up their shares..

Tripaka

2,832 posts

Posted by Tripaka > 2022-07-28 18:25 | Report Abuse

Mi rebus jadi mi terbakar

Posted by jonathanlum > 2022-07-28 20:35 | Report Abuse

cyeec2000, why are you so stubborn? analyst is smart...tech market starts to rebound from bottom...what happen to mi now? top up those company that has potential growth in future....
if you still want to double up this...i suggest u use your $$$ travel with your family.

Posted by KkInvester > 2022-07-28 20:36 | Report Abuse

俊 家 I just want to share my opinion as my experience in management for 20years.
I haven't invest but plan to invest in MI for long term.
No.1 Mi made a few terrible investment. expand at the wrong direction.
>Mi newly bought company to support his current biz. And do you know Mi new company net gain out perform current company?

No.2 my friend is employee of Mi. in 2021, one of the mi branch (mi autobotic) is closed down and merge back to hq (mi equipment)
>If you are the CEO you saw the biz model got issue. Will you still let it be? or you take action to stop the bleeding?
Fast action = Responsible.

No.3 currently more than 50% employee resigned compare to january 2022. due to cut cost from this shitty company. acquire china company then what. keep rugi. and the Mi HQ (malaysia) employee am the one who get punished by cutting their silly decision. instead of investing into rnd and technology (internal team) they decide to expand company (sales perspective). imagine a group of 10 to 20 people need to support globally.
beside this company having ccp management style. who can tahan??

> I believe your friend and others who left the company simply because of unable to handle the job given. To be honest if are good employee you help company make a lot of money. Will the company cut you? Whoever who hire you only think this ( i pay you and you make money for me ).

Anyway i just sharing what i saw and applying my life experience on this matter. no hard feeling.

cyeec2000

992 posts

Posted by cyeec2000 > 2022-07-28 21:12 | Report Abuse

jonathanlum: I like to be different view, its my monies and my decision none of your bussiness, i think suddenly vast negative comments when shares price up, there is only people who is doing RSS burning hands i like to bet against them. But also laugh for silly jobstreet employees comment to sell off as reason, probably commenting this they has no working experience. Maybe they should apply the jobs like security guard and sleeping whole days will be better. Some of the silly joker also commented there was wrong merged with parent company. They probably don't know what is restructuring to be more efficient. Since share price lower i dont see there is big risk to double up

pdchs

570 posts

Posted by pdchs > 2022-07-29 10:10 | Report Abuse

take profit

Posted by AbdulKarimusk > 2022-07-29 15:35 | Report Abuse

@俊 家

You said it was a wrong investment, but you didn't elaborate further in what technical perspective, and which exactly and how the investment went wrong, apart from just suggesting employee resigned= bad company? Employees come and go and optimizing headcount and managing cost is the essence of running a company. I would be worried if the boss doesn't take this aspect into account in his business management. Further to this point, how is that merging autobotics back to HQ its a bad move?

I understand that some investors in Mi is frustrated when they compare to ATE peers like VItrox/Penta. But so you know, not all ATE equipments are the same. Just like steel industry. Strong sales in metal sheet products doesn't necessarily mean steel rebars sells well. The same is for ATE. MI specializes on wlcsp equipments which unfortunately didn't ride the same boom like the others which are mainly driven by automotive chips demand. Automotive chips are manufactured using higher nodes (nm) [due to reliability concerns] whereby wlscp and its portfolio of equipments which are mainly for higher end chips in mobile phone etc are not being utilized in the automotive space just YET. However, if you are in the semiconductor long enough, you will understand that the trend for that space will only get more advance hence the demand for more sophiscated chips.

Therefore to sum up my point, I invest in tech counters like MI and other counters is based on its underlying technology and how they navigate itself over the next few years on the ever changing industry, not based on some ex-employee's experience and jobstreet review, which isn't my own first hand experience anyway which can be very biased. A good example, is google. Would u call google a bad company after many staff quit just because the company doesn't allow flexible work hours/work from home full time?

I believe everyone here would really appreciate your input if you can lay your arguments in a more technical perspective so that everyone here including myself can learn.

家俊

141 posts

Posted by 家俊 > 2022-08-01 10:59 | Report Abuse

myself is a software engineer. form management standpoint. you are right and i get it. but from technical spec. i can guarantee that their software is not up to standard. because of this. most of the engineer are spending their time to just simply hide/temporary fix the issue but not really eliminate/solve the rootcause as they all have other task as well. form my POV, this company all it need is total overhaul for the software, i sure as hell know that this will caused alot of resource. but for the future new comer and existing employee it good for them. but from what i heard form my friend. the top management remain the concept of it is still able to run, just continue milking from it. regardless of if its stable or not. most of them resign because they are exhausted by this negative loop.
and 20 years management experience guys says that ppl who left is due to unable to fulfill the jd. yea if 10-20% ppl resign. then i agree with your point. but more than half left and it is still because of cant fulfill the jd? i guess your inferior must be super ultra capable and must be work in nasdaq companies. and truth be told i know quite alot of ppl who work in MI, and they are more than capable.

Posted by AbdulKarimusk > 2022-08-01 11:44 | Report Abuse

@家俊

Thank you very much for your insight on this. This is something we all will appreciate in this space. But this is solely a software matter. I don't see how this software issue is related to its investment choice in China hence rendered they did a wrong investment as what you said earlier on? Can explain a little more, thank you?

Phoebe

406 posts

Posted by Phoebe > 2022-08-01 14:38 | Report Abuse

If I may relate my brief experience. I work in semicon or something comparable to it. I can't go too specific since I'm bound by confidentiality agreements even though I've left the company. I work for a Japanese company that used to be a top-tier manufacturer. They back test everything, and it might take up to three years to introduce a new model. Those days, the equipment they sell is considered damm grade. Built to last for up to 20 years. While their competition, let's call them Korean....hehe.....releases a new model every six months. They have a reliability problem with their equipment, and all of them broke within 5 years. But, because technology advances so quickly, even if the equipment is still useable after three years, it is considered outdated, and clients are searching for an upgrade that is quicker, smaller, thinner, and more energy efficient. So, now the company still consider branded but the ranking has definitely dropped tremendously.

家俊

141 posts

Posted by 家俊 > 2022-08-02 08:53 | Report Abuse

i try my best to give a plain explanation. machine consist 2 part. Hardware and software.
If machine no quality > engineer endless support > new machine order come in > double engineer workload > company don't acknowledge this bottleneck and keep milking push sales. Here the bad loop I am talking about. As big as mi get like now. Doesn't means their machine is good. If compare to Vitxxx. In term of software stability. I can only say like Perodua bezza vs Toyota Camry. Mi still able to survive due to their machine cost less than competitor. That's their only advantage
This is my engineering knowledge standpoint.
you asked how this have relation with the investment they made in china.
they spend the money in there to expect additional income. but nope.
and why i say so? the cost cutting is started few months later after their acquisition, this caused the already negative environment/bad loop even worst.
company no cash flow > cost cutting > worsen current working place > employee run > those existing bad product will get even worst as experienced employee left.
you tell me how this will not impact the company performance as they could just utilize the money to strengthen their core team, spend in Rnd stuff.
thats why all those big company keep trying to make their staff happy.
cause want them to stay. it cause alot more resource to train new people, even with experienced new comer doesnt means can pick up the task immediately in the new company.
and the major turnover is not just happen in malaysia HQ. even in china branch and taiwan branch alot of the service engineer are left.

Posted by kokchengkai > 2022-08-02 17:27 | Report Abuse

家俊 u should email to EPF to tell them what happend in Mi ,bcoz EPF currently taking ur money keep increasing they share in Mi .EPF making loss or EPF doing bad quality investment indirectly effect ur Income

cyeec2000

992 posts

Posted by cyeec2000 > 2022-08-03 07:28 | Report Abuse

ok today buy double again..

Posted by jonathanlum > 2022-08-03 10:00 | Report Abuse

cyeec2000, ya...it is your money...buy more

cyeec2000

992 posts

Posted by cyeec2000 > 2022-08-03 10:02 | Report Abuse

yeah..

cyeec2000

992 posts

Posted by cyeec2000 > 2022-08-03 10:05 | Report Abuse

but not only me,my clients all follow

家俊

141 posts

Posted by 家俊 > 2022-08-03 11:02 | Report Abuse

kokchengkai yes i can see overall epf still losing money in this share.
any i hope anyone who invest in mi can earn in a long term. i just providing insight of what happening in this company and the issue they facing. ur money your choice. double down triple down all in also not related to me.

cyeec2000

992 posts

Posted by cyeec2000 > 2022-08-03 11:25 | Report Abuse

I think your statement is misleading, its sound like Mi closed Malaysia plant retrench people and your statement there is no of technology or knowledge of technical part, your intention is clear but only scare newbie to sell off, perhaps you should complaint in tribunal or jobstreet rather than bla bla bla here. I dont see there is big risk to triple our holding

ivanlau

1,324 posts

Posted by ivanlau > 2022-08-04 08:11 | Report Abuse

Contacted my friend yesterday who now a engineer in MI . According to my friend MI business improve, just get one big order from China, they will be busy till year 2023, just for your sharing..........

cyeec2000

992 posts

Posted by cyeec2000 > 2022-08-04 08:19 | Report Abuse

i attended agm 2 years ago, and studied hard for their fundamental..and listening the CEO Oh about their corporate direction. If i can do that, i dont easily to lost confident from someone unknown giving little evidence in those allegations.

Posted by jonathanlum > 2022-08-04 08:43 | Report Abuse

ivanlau, if the company wins anything big....usually in the news....i guess soon if this is true...

Posted by trustmenojoke > 2022-08-04 15:49 | Report Abuse

this counter no power...

cyeec2000

992 posts

Posted by cyeec2000 > 2022-08-04 18:04 | Report Abuse

what epf buy and sell isnt the good indicator, example they used to be serbak and sapura shareholders..

Posted by jonathanlum > 2022-08-04 20:49 | Report Abuse

cyeec2000, please double up.

Posted by jonathanlum > 2022-08-04 20:51 | Report Abuse

the epf sell off explain why this counter in downtrend....

cyeec2000

992 posts

Posted by cyeec2000 > 2022-08-04 21:20 | Report Abuse

yup 2moro triple

cyeec2000

992 posts

Posted by cyeec2000 > 2022-08-04 21:20 | Report Abuse

thanks

Posted by jonathanlum > 2022-08-04 21:28 | Report Abuse

why triple....quadruple la

cyeec2000

992 posts

Posted by cyeec2000 > 2022-08-04 21:30 | Report Abuse

why you so worry?i buy triple ans quadruple is my bussiness, only short seller will be worry..

cyeec2000

992 posts

Posted by cyeec2000 > 2022-08-04 21:33 | Report Abuse

by the way i have brought till 20 percent in my portfolio if in future further weak price i am happy to buy more, investing isnt looked at short terms,only short seller and traders care..

cyeec2000

992 posts

Posted by cyeec2000 > 2022-08-04 22:03 | Report Abuse

Scary the CEO Oh has brought 1 millions shares in JUN 2022, suicide move if the companies in danger..

Chow22

22 posts

Posted by Chow22 > 2022-08-05 10:36 | Report Abuse

overvalued

家俊

141 posts

Posted by 家俊 > 2022-08-05 11:41 | Report Abuse

yes i can verify ivanlau news is legit. although there are improvement in sales. but it doesnt changes the fact that their employee are all exhausted and the internal working environment is a mess. if they don't improve this. more sales also useless as no one support/work on those machine order. hopefully everyone win win situation.

家俊

141 posts

Posted by 家俊 > 2022-08-05 11:44 | Report Abuse

cyeec2000 lmao the ceo holding so much share. i remember my friend who work in MI told me that what he said during internal meeting. he said he got power to do anything if he say so and no one can stop him (one hand cover sky). kinda scary for me.

cyeec2000

992 posts

Posted by cyeec2000 > 2022-08-08 11:38 | Report Abuse

家俊: if u asked me the Mi Boss behave like that, what i can say is probably you are newbie in working field. I can say probably 8 of 10 boss are behave like that, and some boss also complained about young generation demand alot but work less, i can suggest you and your friend applied government department security jobs which can sleep whole days no kacau. What you can do is complaint to tribunal, blah blah here no used, by the way your intention cant met, boss Oh top up 1 millions shares perhaps he will buy few millions after your story prevail.

Phoebe

406 posts

Posted by Phoebe > 2022-08-08 14:01 | Report Abuse

@家俊, sorry for my language but i would if the boss dare to say this he is damm confident and got balls. I work with many MNC and some CEO attitude is "my way or take the highway" and they deliver. Some of them are very focus especially those knows their business well. Not only in operation but technical as well.

Posted by kokchengkai > 2022-08-09 16:22 | Report Abuse

actually boss buy million share doesnt mean company is go to right way .mayb it go to right way but got possible is not tht things....example serbadk dynamic,Boss keep sapu share since share price collapse,at the END serbadk drop into PN17 hole.
i dint say MI boss = serbadk boss ,jst to tell u all Boss buy million own company share is mean nothing sumtime.

Posted by loneranger3211 > 2022-08-11 09:31 | Report Abuse

I just entered today.....

Posted by loneranger3211 > 2022-08-11 09:31 | Report Abuse

Hope that I'm right...nervous

Posted by NatsukoMishima > 2022-08-11 09:41 | Report Abuse

The big boss accumulate a lot of shares before he will start 2nd round tech mania goreng ! MI will back to rm 2.50 - 3.xx !

Posted by NatsukoMishima > 2022-08-11 09:44 | Report Abuse

Always buy stock at lowest price and u can sleep well make huge money ! MI is at historical lowest point , this is the time to buy future tech stock not sunset glove stock ! MI ,Dnex both fullfil the conditions !

Posted by StartOfTheBull > 2022-08-11 09:53 | Report Abuse

This couple of months most stocks behave this way, up and down up and down up and down, especially technology stocks.

Posted by jonathanlum > 2022-08-11 10:17 | Report Abuse

cyeec2000, chances come to you again....fast double up....

Posted by jonathanlum > 2022-08-11 10:22 | Report Abuse

i like cyeec2000, he has a strong vision, something we need to learn from him....

Posted by NatsukoMishima > 2022-08-11 11:07 | Report Abuse

This stock atleast can back to rm 1.8x !

Posted by NatsukoMishima > 2022-08-11 11:14 | Report Abuse

Afternoon can start see the uptrend already !

KINGTOP

4 posts

Posted by KINGTOP > 2022-08-11 11:17 | Report Abuse

Mi discounts

Post a Comment
Market Buzz