Posted by Fortunebull > 2013-12-03 20:12 | Report Abuse

I3investor most experienced investors, traders, punters gather to exchange their views on current stocks! Beware! Most of their views may not be suitable for those under 90s!

24 people like this.

20,835 comment(s). Last comment by Cik Babe 2018-03-04 11:09

Hitman

1,299 posts

Posted by Hitman > 2015-02-28 15:41 | Report Abuse

Bro rikki, hahaha.. going to sell it at RM1...believe they will diversify their business...

rikki

2,028 posts

Posted by rikki > 2015-03-01 16:14 | Report Abuse

China's central bank announces long-awaited rate cut to boost economy

Effective today, one-year lending and deposit rates would be lowered 25 basis points to 5.35 per cent and 2.5 per cent respectively, the central bank said yesterday. It also lifted the ceiling on the deposit rate to 1.3 times the benchmark, up from 1.2 times.China's central bank announces long-awaited rate cut to boost economy

http://m.scmp.com/news/china/article/1725806/china-cut-benchmark-interest-rates-25-basis-points-pboc-announces?utm_source=edm&utm_medium=edm&utm_content=20150301&utm_campaign=scmp_today

angie80

Posted by angie80 > 2015-03-02 07:32 | Report Abuse

Rikki, may i have your stock recommendation as well?

rikki

2,028 posts

Posted by rikki > 2015-03-02 11:58 | Report Abuse

Foreign buyers back but early days still, says MIDF Research

Institutional investors flocked back to the market after the Chinese new year break, but retailers remained on the sideline during the week ended Feb 27, according to MIDF Research.

In his weekly fund flow report Monday, MIDF Research head Zulkifli Hamzah said that while foreign investors might be making a comeback on Bursa, it was still early days to draw any meaningful conclusion.

He explained that after two weeks of selling, investors classified as “foreign” bought, on a net basis, local equity in the open market amounting to RM175 million net.

http://www.theedgemarkets.com/my/article/foreign-buyers-back-early-days-still-says-midf-research

rikki

2,028 posts

Posted by rikki > 2015-03-02 17:26 | Report Abuse

@angie80.....many appeared in my Stock To Watch....mostly performed quite well....u can browse through my earlier posting.

rikki

2,028 posts

Posted by rikki > 2015-03-03 08:42 | Report Abuse

Global semiconductor industry posts highest-ever January sales

Global semiconductor sales rose 8.7% year-on-year (y-o-y) in January 2015 to US28.5 billion from US$26.3 billion a year earlier, according to the US-based Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA).
http://www.theedgemarkets.com/my/article/global-semiconductor-industry-posts-highest-ever-january-sales

rikki

2,028 posts

Posted by rikki > 2015-03-03 10:25 | Report Abuse

Stock To Watch
PUC @ 0.16
Significant increased in Turnover & Profit in Year 2014
http://www.malaysiastock.biz/Corporate-Infomation.aspx?type=A&value=P&source=M&securityCode=0007

YS Babe

6,888 posts

Posted by YS Babe > 2015-03-03 13:28 | Report Abuse

hehehe hit hit tak tercapai akalku, hish hish hish

ini lagu khas untuk awak, selamat mendengar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReWgWnSygHk

YS Babe

6,888 posts

Posted by YS Babe > 2015-03-03 15:02 | Report Abuse

terdiam kau hit!!! hehehe RM1 tak tercapai akalku

Tessa, aku try resipi wajik awak yang kat http://superawesomedeals.com.my/justme
jadi pulak, dulu selalu aku cuba macam tak best je wajik aku
skrg best lak!!

Terima Kasih!

Mark T Bird

1,444 posts

Posted by Mark T Bird > 2015-03-03 15:14 | Report Abuse

what??!!?? You Can Cook Wajik

YS Babe

6,888 posts

Posted by YS Babe > 2015-03-03 15:43 | Report Abuse

awak nak ke?

hehehe
KUTPAI

rikki

2,028 posts

Posted by rikki > 2015-03-03 21:08 | Report Abuse

Furniture export earnings poised to strengthen further, says Unggah

Malaysia's export earnings from furniture products are poised to strengthen further with the country continuing to be among the top 10 exporters globally, said Plantation Industries and Commodities Minister Datuk Amar Douglas Uggah Embas.

http://www.thestar.com.my/Business/Business-News/2015/03/03/Furniture-export-earnings-poised-to-strengthen-further-says-Unggah/?style=biz

Mark T Bird

1,444 posts

Posted by Mark T Bird > 2015-03-04 14:40 | Report Abuse

1. Port terminal operator Integrax Bhd has recommended shareholders reject the revised offer by Tenaga Nasional Bhd at RM3.25 a share.
2. Censof Holdings Bhd has fixed the issue price for the second tranche of five million shares under its private placement at 41.5 sen each.
3. Kwasa Land Sdn Bhd expects to reap RM68mil in income from the proposed property Project R3-2 in Kwasa Damasara, Sungai Buloh which will be undertaken by Impiana Land & Development Sdn Bhd.

GTG

YS Babe

6,888 posts

Posted by YS Babe > 2015-03-04 15:12 | Report Abuse

CEPAT JANGAN TERLEPAS PELUANG

Malindo tawar harga tambang asas RM0, anda hanya perlu bayar cukai lapangan terbang dan fi untuk sektor domestik dan antarabangsa sempena ulang tahun keduanya pada 22 Mac ini. Tambang asas sifar itu untuk destinasi yang berlepas dari klia2 termasuk Bangkok, Bali, Bandung, Jakarta, Singapura, Langkawi, Kota Kinabalu dan Kuching. Promosi itu juga untuk penerbangan domestik dari Lapangan Terbang Subang ke Pulau Pinang, Langkawi, Kota Baharu, Johor Baharu, Alor Setar, Kuala Terengganu dan semua laluan lain dari lapangan terbang utama di Semenanjung. Promosi sah sehingga 22 Mac 2015 bagi tempoh perjalanan dari sekarang hingga 22 Oktober 2015.

hehehe
KUTPAI

rikki

2,028 posts

Posted by rikki > 2015-03-04 21:08 | Report Abuse

Euro zone business growth at 7-month high in Feb -PMI

The outlook has brightened for all countries. The weaker euro should help boost exports and, perhaps most importantly, the commencement of quantitative easing by the ECB should stimulate the economy as we move through the year," said Chris Williamson, chief economist at Markit.

http://www.theedgemarkets.com/my/article/euro-zone-business-growth-7-month-high-feb-pmi

Mark T Bird

1,444 posts

Posted by Mark T Bird > 2015-03-05 19:09 | Report Abuse

Hi all!

1. Global sales of smartphones to end users totaled 1.2 billion units, up 28.4% from 2013 and represented two-thirds of global mobile phone sales, says leading IT research and advisory company Gartner, Inc.

2. The implementation of the goods and services tax (GST) come April 2015 will have some impact on the property market, said PPB Group Bhd chief operating officer (properties) Chew Hwei Yeow.

3. Property developer, MK Land Holdings Bhd, will launch two projects this year with a combined Gross Development Value of RM600mil, says group chief executive officer Lau Shu Chuan.

Cheers!
GTG!!!!

rikki

2,028 posts

Posted by rikki > 2015-03-06 11:03 | Report Abuse

SapuraKencana may face substantial risks on liquefied natural gas

Despite our 2015 US$72 (RM263) per barrel (bbl) assumption (2016: US$80 per bbl), we see SapuraKencana facing substantial risks on liquefied natural gas (LNG). The over three trillion cu ft gas reserves for SK408 and SK310 are sizable in total oil and gas future production profile estimates.

While we cannot predict exactly when it will sign a GSA with Petroliam Nasional Bhd, we note that expectations for Asia demand for LNG are now bearish.

http://www.theedgemarkets.com/my/article/sapurakencana-may-face-substantial-risks-liquefied-natural-gas

rikki

2,028 posts

Posted by rikki > 2015-03-06 21:30 | Report Abuse

Mulpha Land top officials, Fakhri Yassin launch take over of company

Mulpha Land Bhd’s group managing director Ghazie Yeoh Abdullah, entrepreneur Datuk Fakhri Yassin Mahiaddin and several other parties, who will own a 50.38% stake, have served a notice of unconditional mandatory take-over offer for the remaining shares at 49.7 sen each.

Mulpha Land said the other parties acting in concert are its director Datuk Low Keng Siong, Lim Chee Khang and Pasukan Sehati Sdn Bhd, which is a substantial shareholder of Mulpha Land. Lim is a substantial shareholder of Pasukan Sehati.

The take-over offer was triggered after Teladan Kuasa Sdn Bhd – in which Fakhri Yassin, 39, is the ultimate controlling shareholder -- exercised its call option to acquire up to 75 million shares in Mulpha Land.

http://www.thestar.com.my/Business/Business-News/2015/03/06/Mulpha-Land-top-officials-Fakhri-Yassin-launch-take-over/?style=biz

rikki

2,028 posts

Posted by rikki > 2015-03-06 21:41 | Report Abuse

The property sector is expected to be flat this year, bogged down by buyers’ ‘wait-and-see’ attitude towards the implementation of the Goods and Services Tax against a backdrop of a weakening ringgit.

http://www.nst.com.my/node/75267?m=1

Posted by duitKWSPkita > 2015-03-06 21:57 | Report Abuse

hi....
i am new to this thread. sorry for disturb. I was attracted by the informative update here. thanks for the kind sharing. regards, duit

rikki

2,028 posts

Posted by rikki > 2015-03-06 23:13 | Report Abuse

Thank you Duit for visiting. You are always welcome. Yes.....money is coming.....;-)

Posted by duitKWSPkita > 2015-03-06 23:15 | Report Abuse

I hope I m not disturb you all. What do you mean money is coming? Hahah.. sorry for shallow ques... belum belajar the jargon at this thread yet.

rikki

2,028 posts

Posted by rikki > 2015-03-06 23:18 | Report Abuse

Interesting comments by steady31

Stock: [EVERGRN]: EVERGREEN FIBREBOARD BHD

Mar 6, 2015 11:51 AM | Report Abuse 

ppl didn't notice the co would have 40m annually of free cashflow to pay 6-7sen dividend having paid down 300m term loan used for the nilai plant buy.This plus the rosy forward market for its products make it a tantalising stock to own and hold.hence the renewed interest for this stk.

Stock: [EVERGRN]: EVERGREEN FIBREBOARD BHD

Mar 5, 2015 01:20 PM | Report Abuse 

Q4 profit largely from thai unit as Malaysian units are under major upgrade.when production returns to normal, Malaysian units should be able to outperform its thai units and profit would likely double and that would justify a higher price at least 1.50

rikki

2,028 posts

Posted by rikki > 2015-03-06 23:31 | Report Abuse

Apple to be included in Dow Jones Industrial Average, replacing AT&T.

rikki

2,028 posts

Posted by rikki > 2015-03-06 23:33 | Report Abuse

Duit means money.....so money coming to this thread....everyone ong & huat.....hehehe

Posted by duitKWSPkita > 2015-03-06 23:35 | Report Abuse

hahahaha...rikki.... now I got it...

aiyo... me apa pun tak tau la... later caused you untung lesser money sure u all kill me one... I better continue to be ur silent reader.

anyway,.....I like this thread. Very informative.

rikki

2,028 posts

Posted by rikki > 2015-03-06 23:40 | Report Abuse

After five years, European company earnings to overtake U.S.

Earnings growth at European companies is expected to overtake that of U.S. peers for the first time since 2010 thanks to cheaper oil, euro weakness that aids competitiveness and a generally brighter economic backdrop.

The resurgence of confidence in Europe is likely to prompt more switching out of U.S. shares — which look less attractive as the stronger dollar hurts export-oriented firms — and boost European indexes that have already scaled multi-year highs.

http://www.theedgemarkets.com/my/article/after-five-years-european-company-earnings-overtake-us

rikki

2,028 posts

Posted by rikki > 2015-03-08 08:55 | Report Abuse

Teo Seng allocates RM200mil to grow capacity

Teo Seng, an integrated chicken egg player, producing a three million eggs a day, is among the largest in the country, and has set an ambitious growth target.

It also enjoys among the highest profit margins in the industry. For example, it achieved a 12.8% net profit margin for the financial year ended Dec 31, 2014, among the highest of all poultry players for that year.

Leong Hup executive director Tan Sri Francis Lau and Nam point out that the company’s operational efficiency and cost prudence have kept the company ahead of the game.

As an integrated player, Teo Seng has its own in-house feedmill to cater to its needs.

It also has a geographical advantage because its farms in Johor are close to Singapore where most of the exports go to.

The company exports 25% to 30% of its production.

http://www.thestar.com.my/Business/Business-News/2015/03/07/Teo-Seng-allocates-RM200mil-to-grow-capacity/?style=biz

MainBesar

969 posts

Posted by MainBesar > 2015-03-08 09:36 | Report Abuse

Hi evryone... Just drop to dis thread... Very inforrmativ... Btw rikki, wat ur view on klci

YS Babe

6,888 posts

Posted by YS Babe > 2015-03-08 09:45 | Report Abuse

selamat Pagi!!!!!

rikki

2,028 posts

Posted by rikki > 2015-03-08 10:09 | Report Abuse

@MainBesar, expert says it's bullish but i will be cautious due to the big dropped in Dow of 278 points on Friday. 

BURSA: KL Shares Likely To Rebound 
by Azlee Nor Mahmud 

KUALA LUMPUR -- Bursa Malaysia’s key benchmark index, FTSE Bursa Malaysia KLCI (FBM KLCI), is likely to rebound next week, driven by Bank Negara Malaysia’s (BNM) accommodative policy decision and bullish external outlook. Head of retail research at Affin Hwang Investment Bank, Datuk Dr Nazri Khan, said despite the false starts last week, the FBM KLCI should find support at 1,800 and trend higher, tracking upswings on Wall Street and Europe as well as Asian regional indices. 

“On the domestic front, Bursa Malaysia lagged the regional market but the Malaysian economic policy picture should attract more foreign funds inflow. “This is true following BNM’s decision to leave the Overnight Policy Rate unchanged at 3.25 per cent for the fifth time,” he told Bernama. 

Nazri said despite heavy profit-taking near its 200-day moving average, the short-term uptrend, however, remained intact with the FBM KLCI still holding above the 20- and 50-day moving average near 1,800 support level. “The next areas of resistance are pegged at 1,830 and 1,850 while support should come at 1,780 and 1,760 levels. “Chart-wise, the FBM KLCI has formed a bullish daily ‘Doji Star’ candlestick, which indicates a mild reversal at 1,800 support level,” he said. Weekly turnover increased to 11.34 billion units worth RM11 billion from 10.45 billion units worth RM10.62 billion last week. Main market volume rose to 6.29 billion shares valued at RM10.15 billion from 5.91 billion shares valued at RM9.80 billion previously - Bernama

MainBesar

969 posts

Posted by MainBesar > 2015-03-08 10:32 | Report Abuse

Thanks on d updates rikki... Highly appreciated...

Posted by duitKWSPkita > 2015-03-08 10:36 | Report Abuse

Selamat pagi kepada rakan rakan bendera.

Orang baru duit lapor diri.

MainBesar

969 posts

Posted by MainBesar > 2015-03-08 10:44 | Report Abuse

Selamat pagi duit... Thanks to u too DUIT... I got to know this thread after i stalk ur commen... Sorry bro... Heheeh... Peace bro...

Posted by duitKWSPkita > 2015-03-08 11:08 | Report Abuse

Hahahah...

MainBesar... I came here to greet after I stalk ur morning greeting.
Anyway. Guess both of us are new in this thread.

rikki

2,028 posts

Posted by rikki > 2015-03-08 13:35 | Report Abuse

China's February exports surge, topping forecasts

China's exports surged 48.3 percent on year in February, sharply above analysts' forecasts, potentially signalling stronger economic growth for its trade partners.

Imports fell 20.5 percent for the period, according to data from China's customs department. A Reuters poll had forecast exports would rise 14.2 percent and imports would fall 10 percent.

For January and February combined -- a common metric to help smooth distortions from the Lunar New Year holiday period -- exports rose 15 percent from a year earlier, while imports declined 20.2 percent.

"The demand from the advanced economies bodes well," ANZ said in a note Sunday, citing data showing shipments to the U.S. and European Union rose 40.3 percent and 36.6 percent on-year respectively. 

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102486138

rikki

2,028 posts

Posted by rikki > 2015-03-08 14:07 | Report Abuse

TA4U - CUP AND HANDLE

DEFINITION OF 'CUP AND HANDLE' 

A pattern on bar charts resembling a cup with a handle. The cup is in the shape of a "U" and the handle has a slight downward drift. The right-hand side of the pattern has low trading volume. It can be as short as seven weeks and as long as 65 weeks.  

As the stock comes up to test the old highs, the stock will incur selling pressure by the people who bought at or near the old high. This selling pressure will make the stock price trade sideways with a tendency towards a downtrend for four days to four weeks... then it takes off. 

INVESTOPEDIA EXPLAINS 'CUP AND HANDLE' 

A couple points on trying to detect cup and handles: Length - Generally, cups with longer and more "U" shaped bottoms, the stronger the signal. Avoid cups with a sharp "V" bottoms. Depth - Ideally, the cup should not be too deep. Also, avoid handles which are too deep since the handles should form in the top half of the cup pattern. Volume - Volume should dry up on the decline and remain lower than average in the base of the bowl. It should then increase when the stock finally starts to make its move back up to test the old high. Retest (of old high) - doesn't have touch or come within a few ticks of old high. However, the further the top of the handle is away from the highs, the more significant the breakout needs to be. 

Below link is an example of a cup & handle chart pattern : 
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/cupandhandle.asp

Posted by butter_will_fly > 2015-03-08 14:08 | Report Abuse

happy weekend everyone! Get charge for Monday's market! =)

rikki

2,028 posts

Posted by rikki > 2015-03-08 14:15 | Report Abuse

Good everning butter_will_fly, long time no see....r u from the popular chocolate ship passenger? Welcome & have a fruitful trading day tomorrow ......cheers!!!

rikki

2,028 posts

Posted by rikki > 2015-03-08 16:06 | Report Abuse

Stock To Watch
Opcom @ 0.725
Opcom share price was up 0.115 from 0.61 to 0.725 in 2 days.

What's brewing? Boom if able to win TM Fibre Optic contract & bane if fail?

Telekom Malaysia (TM) clinched a contract to develop and construct a new submarine cable system known as Sistem Kabel Rakyat 1Malayisa (SKR1M) from the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC). In a filing with Bursa Malaysia yesterday, TM said the contract was awarded via open tender and will be implemented through a public-private partnership (PPP) arrangement between MCMC and TM using the Universal Services Provision Fund, which is under the purview of MCMC. "SKR1M will serve to enhance the existing domestic submarine cable connectivity among Peninsular Malaysia, Sabah and Sarawak, thus catering for future bandwidth growth requirement,.
which StarBiz estimated was worth RM720mil, was positive for the company." 

"The project will take around 2.5 years to complete and will include laying of submarine cable system connecting Peninsular Malaysia, Sarawak & Sabah and setting up six cable landing stations (Mersing, Kuching, Bintulu, Miri, Kota Kinabalu and Cherating."

rikki

2,028 posts

Posted by rikki > 2015-03-08 20:37 | Report Abuse

Brahim' to buy The Chicken Rice Shop?

Sources say Brahim's is in talks to acquire a local F&B business, TCRS Restaurants Sdn Bhd - the owner & operator of The Chicken Rice Shop, Sweet Chat & Dubu-Dubu in Malaysia. TCRS is also the co-owner of Pancake House International.

Details of the plan, such as pricing, remained sketchy as at last Friday as the two parties have yet to reach a deal. "Brahim's is likely to acquire a stake in TCRS, not all of it," a source tells The Edge - The Edge Malaysia dated March 9,2015

tsy88

9,978 posts

Posted by tsy88 > 2015-03-09 08:03 | Report Abuse

Hi Rikki

Good morning. Just came across this thread. Am indeed very impressed with the articles n information provided here as well as Stock to Watch.

Your Stock to Watch - is this given on every trading day or as and when required or requested? Thanks n have a great Monday .....

Posted by butter_will_fly > 2015-03-09 10:38 | Report Abuse

Hihi Rikki. I am from my mummy's egg and daddy's fish. Haha.

Hope you huat huat for all the coming days =)

rikki

2,028 posts

Posted by rikki > 2015-03-09 11:37 | Report Abuse

ECB to begin QE stimulus programme

FRANKFURT: The European Central Bank on Monday is set to begin its long-awaited 1.1 trillion euro ($1.2 trillion) quantitative easing programme to stimulate growth and ward off deflation across the eurozone.

The programme calls for the eurozone central bank to buy around 60 billion euros of public and private bonds each month – a policy it will apply until at least September 2016.

The move comes as traditional efforts to boost sluggish economic activity in the 19-nation eurozone have been exhausted through rate cuts that have brought borrowing costs to nearly zero.

The policy known as quantitative easing or QE is also being adopted as the eurozone faces a growing risk of deflation, which can lead consumers to put off purchases in the expectation that prices will drop further.

This can in turn put the brakes on production and job creation.

The strategy behind the ECB’s QE programme is similar to that of earlier schemes introduced by the US Federal Reserve and the Bank of England to pump money into the economy with massive purchases of government bonds, aiming to foster easier credit and spur economic activity.

Under QE, a central bank creates money electronically and uses it to buy the debt that countries issue to pay their bills. That pushes down interest rates on bonds and other financial assets, making it cheaper for companies to borrow and invest, increasing spending and employment.
http://www.nst.com.my/node/75542?m=1

rikki

2,028 posts

Posted by rikki > 2015-03-09 11:46 | Report Abuse

@tsy88, you are warmly welcome & feel free to post your comment or anything you wanna share here. As for Stock To Watch, it's more of a random pick whenever there are interesting stocks.

wow wow, Priva now very hot.....@ 0.25 uncharted territory....cheers!!!

Posted by duitKWSPkita > 2015-03-09 11:54 | Report Abuse

good morning rikki and all....

Hope ECB start to print money and give some duit to us..... we are hunger for duit now..

rikki

2,028 posts

Posted by rikki > 2015-03-09 11:58 | Report Abuse

@abang duit.....yes ecb started printing money.....a lot of duit will flow here....hehehe

Posted by duitKWSPkita > 2015-03-09 11:59 | Report Abuse

aiyooooooooooooooo

cannot call me abang duit la...... I m as small as my little brother only... call duit will do.......

yup yup yup...... ask them print more Europe....tersilap print Paun Sterling also can... as long as no print Cuba Currency

rikki

2,028 posts

Posted by rikki > 2015-03-09 12:18 | Report Abuse

The Fed might knock these Asian currencies

As the U.S. dollar looks set to continue its reign over global currency markets, some of Asia's emerging market currencies are more at risk than others, analysts say. 

"Fear of the Federal Reserve is too big a risk in the near term. Strong employment data or indications from the Fed that rate hikes are imminent might push Asian currencies lower," according to a Societe Generale note published on Thursday.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102482580

Tessa Joseph

7,919 posts

Posted by Tessa Joseph > 2015-03-09 12:29 | Report Abuse

Hey there! just share a few things :-

1. US Unemployment Rate Lowest In Almost Seven Years in February, Reaching The Central Bank’s Full Employment Range
2. US Trade Deficit Narrowed In January, As Port Dispute Caused Disruptions
3. Eurozone’s Real GDP Picked Up In 4Q, On Higher Investment Greece Mulled Referendum If Deal With Creditors Fails
4. China’s Exports On Steady Growth In January-February Amid Headwinds
5. Malaysia’s Exports Fell In January On Weak Global Demand; Foreign Exchange Reserves Fell Slightly In February