Posted by Fortunebull > 2013-12-03 20:12 | Report Abuse

I3investor most experienced investors, traders, punters gather to exchange their views on current stocks! Beware! Most of their views may not be suitable for those under 90s!

24 people like this.

20,835 comment(s). Last comment by Cik Babe 2018-03-04 11:09

Mark T Bird

1,444 posts

Posted by Mark T Bird > 2014-10-30 15:35 | Report Abuse

Fine bro :-)

Good Day Dudes and Divas. :-)

GTG.

YS Babe

6,888 posts

Posted by YS Babe > 2014-10-30 16:28 | Report Abuse

seph, aku sihat, kami selalu kat google plus, tessa selalu sana
hehehe

Mark T Bird

1,444 posts

Posted by Mark T Bird > 2014-11-05 18:57 | Report Abuse

Lembaga Tabung Haji raises stake in Brahim's
http://www.theedgemarkets.com/my/article/lembaga-tabung-haji-raises-stake-brahims

fortunebullz

2,000 posts

Posted by fortunebullz > 2014-11-05 19:11 | Report Abuse

Long time didn't post in this once kakis flag favorite kopitiam! Window dressing is coming, wish every kakis make money! Cheers!

Mark T Bird

1,444 posts

Posted by Mark T Bird > 2014-11-09 19:36 | Report Abuse

TY Bro fortunebullz.

Mark T Bird

1,444 posts

Posted by Mark T Bird > 2014-11-09 19:39 | Report Abuse

8 million more houses needed in Malaysia
Food for Thought

MY attention was captured by a news entitled “The only place where housing is easily affordable” when reading The Times, a UK paper recently.

While I had expected some light on affordable housing solutions, I was surprised to find out that Copeland is the only area in England where house prices are less than three times the average annual salary of its residents.

According to the same article that quoted a research by UK Trade Union Congress (TUC), the number of “easily affordable” local authority areas across England has fallen from 72 to just one over the last 16 years. In prime areas, house prices reach as high as 32 times the average earnings of their residents.

Frances O’ Grady, the General Secretary of TUC which represents 6.2 million working people in the UK, called for an “ambitious programme” to bring the prices of homebuilding under control.

This resonates with the earlier comments made by the governor of the Bank of England (BoE) Mark Carney who said in May that the only long-term way to effectively bring down home prices is to build more homes.

In the UK, 63.8 million people lived in 26.4 million homes in 2012. This works out to about 2.4 persons per house.

There were calls for more homes even with such healthy ratio. Australia, which has a population of 21.5 million in 2013, has 9.1 million occupied houses or 2.4 persons per house.

At the recent World Class Sustainable Cities 2014 Conference, Kerry Doss from Brisbane City Council showed a slide presentation of persons per household over the past century.

As far back as 1927, Australia was already four persons per household. These made me reflect on the situation of our home country, especially since we too aspire to be a developed nation.

According to National Property Information Centre (NAPIC), we have a total of 4.7 million homes in the fourth quarter of 2013. As NAPIC does not track rural homes, we assume that only urbanites were taken into account in the survey.

This accounts for 70% of our 30 million population or 21 million people. Therefore, on average, there are 4.4 to 6.4 persons per household in our country. T

his is a poorer ratio compared with Australia in 1927. This means we need to build four million to 7.8 million more houses to match the same ratio as the UK or Australia.

While we are aware that the Government aims to build one million affordable homes over a five-year timeline since last year, we still have quite a fair bit to catch up.

This is because we have only managed to build about 73,000 residential units per year for the last three years.

Under Budget 2015, it is encouraging to note that the Government plans to build 80,000 units under PR1MA and 63,000 units under another housing programme. This will bring the total planned units to 143,000. This figure is still way too low and the Government should consider building at least 200,000 units a year to meet the vision of one million affordable homes.

There should be a constant effort to track the progress of home-building. It is important to realise the goal of housing the nation by ensuring yearly targets are met.

Some of the measures that the Government can consider were recommended in my earlier articles.

They included freeing up state land for housing, purchasing agriculture land for development, building houses in rural areas and connecting them to the cities via public transports, as well as expediting the approval process to supply more houses to the market.

In addition to supplying more affordable homes to bring down prices of homes, there are also other factors to ensure that the rakyat have a roof over their heads.

In the same-mentioned article in The Times, Frances O’ Grady commented that, “Housing affordability isn’t just about house prices; decent wages are just as important.” I think it makes good sense and generates more food for thought for our nation.

- FIABCI Asia-Pacific regional secretariat chairman Datuk Alan Tong has over 50 years of experience in property development. He is also the group chairman of Bukit Kiara Properties.

Posted by Ratna NinjaGal > 2014-11-10 16:29 | Report Abuse

Bird!!! Monkey!!!!

wakakaka

YS Babe

6,888 posts

Posted by YS Babe > 2014-11-11 09:52 | Report Abuse

haik budak ini hidup lagi
hehehe

Mark T Bird

1,444 posts

Posted by Mark T Bird > 2014-11-14 16:11 | Report Abuse

NinjaGal, What's up! How are you?

Mark T Bird

1,444 posts

Posted by Mark T Bird > 2014-11-14 16:31 | Report Abuse

Oil prices rebound in Asia

SINGAPORE: Oil prices bounced back in Asia Friday after diving to fresh lows in the previous session on expectations that OPEC is unlikely to cut production levels to counter a global supply glut.

US benchmark West Texas Intermediate (WTI) for December delivery rose 27 cents to US$74.48 while Brent crude for January gained 61 cents to US$78.10 in mid-morning trade.

WTI plunged US$2.97 in New York trade Thursday, while Brent crude for December dived US$2.46 in London on the last day of the contract.

"We are seeing a slight rise in oil prices at the moment, but the key driver is still bearish sentiment about any possible OPEC production cut," Ric Spooner, chief market analyst at CMC Markets in Sydney, told AFP.

"Rightly or wrongly, we are seeing price adjustments in anticipation of OPEC not doing anything about global oversupply, or not doing enough," he added.

Concerns about a global supply glut were exacerbated after the latest US petroleum report by the Department of Energy released Thursday showed the country produced 9.063 million barrels per day in the week ended November 7.

That marked the highest production since at least January 1983 when the department began publishing the statistics.

US crude reserves at the oil hub in Cushing, Oklahoma, closely watched by traders because they serve as reference for WTI traded in New York, jumped by 1.7 million barrels last week to 22.5 million barrels.

Dealers are largely expecting the 12-nation Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries to decide against reducing output to stem the global supply glut, in part caused by a flood of oil extracted from shale rock in the US.

OPEC's next meeting is set for November 27 in Vienna, home to the cartel's headquarters.-- AFP

rikki

2,028 posts

Posted by rikki > 2014-11-21 19:20 | Report Abuse

China cut interest rates to buoy economy. Should be positive for our market next week.

rikki

2,028 posts

Posted by rikki > 2014-12-01 08:16 | Report Abuse

STRONG fiscal consolidation efforts and the removal of fuel subsidies have raised the probability of an upgrade of Malaysia’s sovereign rating.
The Goods and Services Tax (GST), lower subsidy bill and stabilisation of public debt could prompt the “Big Three” sovereign rating agencies to upgrade the country’s current outlook.

http://www.nst.com.my/node/57921

Mark T Bird

1,444 posts

Posted by Mark T Bird > 2014-12-24 16:04 | Report Abuse

Hmm, not bad Tessa!
http://superawesomedeals.com.my/

skyhawk

4,453 posts

Posted by skyhawk > 2014-12-24 23:37 | Report Abuse

MERRY CHRISTMAS & A HAPPY,PROFITABLE NEW YEAR to ct,tessa,mark t bird,john,ys babe,rikki,hitman n all kaki flag!!

Mark T Bird

1,444 posts

Posted by Mark T Bird > 2014-12-26 09:21 | Report Abuse

Thank you Bro skyhawk

Happy Boxing Day all!

May this Boxing Day be as happy and a cheerful as Christmas was. May the happy story continue till the New Year and take over from there too. Have a great boxing day and a wonderful new year ahead.

cherry tomato

1,880 posts

Posted by cherry tomato > 2014-12-26 09:45 | Report Abuse

Good morning all. Just find this today.
very useful info.

rikki

2,028 posts

Posted by rikki > 2014-12-26 09:50 | Report Abuse

Thank you bro Hawk.....merry xmas & happy new year to you too.....cheers!!!!

johnchong

635 posts

Posted by johnchong > 2014-12-27 19:31 | Report Abuse

Thanks bro Hawk, a blessed Christmas and a fruitful new ahead to you and your loves ones.

YS Babe

6,888 posts

Posted by YS Babe > 2014-12-28 10:01 | Report Abuse

apa khabar semua? masih cuti cuti malaysia! kutpai. hehehe

Mark T Bird

1,444 posts

Posted by Mark T Bird > 2014-12-28 19:09 | Report Abuse

If I'm not mistaken, Tess!

Tessa Joseph

7,919 posts

Posted by Tessa Joseph > 2014-12-31 00:08 | Report Abuse

Hi all,

Just to wish you a Happy New Year 2015. I wish that this New Year the light of faith is bright and steady and may no wind or storm make it flicker or flutter. :)

I have been busy with my website and affiliate marketing (amazon, clickbank - lots ebook on stock trading, CJ), if you have the time visit http://superawesomedeals.com.my

Adiós

Hitman

1,299 posts

Posted by Hitman > 2014-12-31 00:10 | Report Abuse

Hi Sa, still early to wish happy new year.

YS Babe

6,888 posts

Posted by YS Babe > 2014-12-31 08:58 | Report Abuse

salam, hit. wah awak ada sini selalu sekarang. sa ada kata semalam nak singgah sini sebab masa dia chatting dengan hepi, hepi sebut i3 langsung dia teringat kawan-kawan kat sini hehehe

aku pun nak ucapkan selamat tahun pada semua sini, aku harap tahun 2015 akan memberi kita peluang besar buat duit dan tebus segala kekalahan

KUTPAI TATA
muaaaaahh

connie

37,452 posts

Posted by connie > 2014-12-31 09:36 | Report Abuse

tessa, hitman, ys, ninjagal, hot.t, mark.t, johnchong, rikki, freethink and gang ... may 2015 be a HAPPIER year for you, family and friends !!!

Mark T Bird

1,444 posts

Posted by Mark T Bird > 2014-12-31 09:56 | Report Abuse

Thank You, Connie. Wishing you a happy New Year. May it be all that you hope it will be! All the best!

tjhldg

27,218 posts

Posted by tjhldg > 2014-12-31 16:09 | Report Abuse

happy new year to tessa , bro hit .... and kawan kawan ...
wish all kikikikii in coming 2015 and huat huat all the way ...
and composit juga break kaw 2015 ho bo ? kikikikiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
huat aarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

dragonking

3,496 posts

Posted by dragonking > 2014-12-31 16:34 | Report Abuse

connie,,,now is short killing time

Hitman

1,299 posts

Posted by Hitman > 2015-01-01 13:04 | Report Abuse

tessa, hitman, ys, ninjagal, hot.t, mark.t, johnchong, rikki, freethink,bro tj, connie, duit, YS babe..A very Happy New Year to you all. I hope 2015 is full of good health and good times.... All the best !!

CityTrader

8,151 posts

Posted by CityTrader > 2015-01-01 14:37 | Report Abuse

Happy New Year 2015 to all friends.

Hitman

1,299 posts

Posted by Hitman > 2015-01-01 15:15 | Report Abuse

Happy New Year 2015 to bro ct too.

Hot.T

1,930 posts

Posted by Hot.T > 2015-01-01 21:45 | Report Abuse

Hi ALL FRENS...hope it's not too late to wish ALL a Happy New Year n may 2015 b a GREAT year for all!

YS Babe

6,888 posts

Posted by YS Babe > 2015-01-02 17:23 | Report Abuse

wah ramai kat sini hehehe

aku nak kongsi apa aku baca tentang founder jobstreet, alahai aku dapat kat wikipedia ler hehehe

Mark Chang Mun Kee (Born in Kampar, Perak) founded MOL AccessPortal and JobStreet.com. He is the Chief Executive Officer of JobStreet.com, a position he has retained since the company was formed. He also serves on the boards of Vitrox Technologies, Innity Corporation Berhad and 104 Corporation, Taiwan. In 1988, he acquired a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Texas in 1988 and later attended the Massachusetts Institute of Technology where he was awarded a Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering in 1990.

He once worked with Kendall International as a process engineer(1990), manufacturing manager (1992) and finally the regional director of sales and marketing for Malaysia (1994). After years of deep immersion in the world of the Internet, he begun his dot.com journey with the establishment of MOL Online Sdn Bhd (currently MOL AccessPortal) in 1995, which was Malaysia's first commercial website, offering portal services. Its most profitable section, online job listings, was then spun off into JobStreet.com today.

Mark Chang also serves as the Penang State Advisor for Persatuan Usahawan Muda Malaysia (PUMM), as well as an advisor in the AllStars program. Additionally, he is also known to be a mentor to Khai Yin, the founder of GoodPlace.my

Hot.T

1,930 posts

Posted by Hot.T > 2015-01-02 18:32 | Report Abuse

Mama YS....why jobstreet?
Related to Vitrox? Innity?
Still early days..but acquisition (or maybe RTO) of GoodPlace?

YS Babe

6,888 posts

Posted by YS Babe > 2015-01-02 18:48 | Report Abuse

hotter! aku tanya sa, dia kata kalau ada duit dan sanggup tunggu boleh beli jobstreet, lepas tu aku ada terbaca dealers dok rekomen beli jobstreet, lepas tu aku pi wikipedia baca ini, aku beli jobstreet sikit, rasa confident pulak hehehe

Mark T Bird

1,444 posts

Posted by Mark T Bird > 2015-01-02 19:05 | Report Abuse

Aha i3 and Tessa's website share the same ad Zalora hahaha

Hot.T

1,930 posts

Posted by Hot.T > 2015-01-02 19:19 | Report Abuse

Tessa senegeri ngan Mark Chang!ada story kot.
Mama..rekomendation tu b4 or after special payment?
Jobstreet (bak kata bro tj)....gigi besaq dah!hehe..

Tessa Joseph

7,919 posts

Posted by Tessa Joseph > 2015-01-02 19:21 | Report Abuse

Bird, affliate appointed, I put their ads on my wall, tak kisah...I have many ads from zalora, mango dorothy perkins not to mention amazon products and ofcourse ebooks from clickbank...hmmm

Tessa Joseph

7,919 posts

Posted by Tessa Joseph > 2015-01-02 19:22 | Report Abuse

hey hot, nice to see you, yup senegeri must beli, tapi I 99% stuck, the only counter tolong I PMHLDG then MUI....hmmm

YS Babe

6,888 posts

Posted by YS Babe > 2015-01-02 20:15 | Report Abuse

Hotter ini macam biskut tenggelam timbul hehehe

Hit, apa pasal awak wish diri sendiri happy new year hehehe

TJ gambar profil fuyo, power gitu!!

Sa, aku pakai duit pasar je, duit aku banyak stuck kat amanah saham hehehe

hotter tak payah senegeri, janji ada duit boleh beli, beli jer

KUTNAIK AND KUTPAI

Hot.T

1,930 posts

Posted by Hot.T > 2015-01-02 20:46 | Report Abuse

hehehe YS...bz ler...year end and to & fro KL - JB

YS Babe

6,888 posts

Posted by YS Babe > 2015-01-25 23:22 | Report Abuse

KUTNAIK AND KUTPAI

rikki

2,028 posts

Posted by rikki > 2015-01-27 07:06 | Report Abuse

Good sign for equities markets.

Greek factor as fear of Euro zone collapse faded. Looking at Asia, Europe and Dow Jones reactions to the winning of Greek opposition. The fear factor may have faded drastically. That’s a good sign for the equities markets!- JJ Investment

Tessa Joseph

7,919 posts

Posted by Tessa Joseph > 2015-01-27 20:31 | Report Abuse

Hi!!!

GPA Holdings proposes rights issue, free warrants

KUALA LUMPUR (Jan 27): Automotive batteries manufacturer GPA Holdings Bhd plans to raise up to RM19.6 million by issuing 196.1 million renounceable rights shares on the basis of one rights share for every four existing shares.

GPA (fundamental: 0.95; valuation: 1.2) has also proposed to issue 490.24 million free warrants on the basis of five warrants for every rights share subscribed.

According to its filing with Bursa Malaysia today, the company also proposed to increase the authorised share capital of the company and amend its memorandum and articles following the rights issue with warrants.

It said the issue price of the rights shares has been determined by the board at 10 sen each.

GPA said the proceeds from the rights shares would be used to repay bank borrowings and for working capital, with some RM4 million set aside for the exercises’ expenses.

The rationale for the proposed rights issue with warrants include cost savings as it will be able to raise funds without incurring interest costs compared to bank borrowings or the issuance of debt instruments.

GPA’s counter closed unchanged today at 9.5 sen each, for a market capitalisation of RM74.52 million. - Edge

Mark T Bird

1,444 posts

Posted by Mark T Bird > 2015-01-27 20:57 | Report Abuse

Good To KNOW!

rikki

2,028 posts

Posted by rikki > 2015-01-27 22:52 | Report Abuse

Dow Jones now down 296 points

Mark T Bird

1,444 posts

Posted by Mark T Bird > 2015-01-27 23:07 | Report Abuse

TY Bro!

rikki

2,028 posts

Posted by rikki > 2015-01-28 21:24 | Report Abuse

Stock To Watch
Eduspec @ 0.29 - Cup & Handle Formation. Set to challenge the strong resistance of 0.29.
Q3 revenue increased from 15m to 29m & profit increased from 3.4m to 7.1m. Q4 result due next month.
Eduspec is also one of the co that will benefit from the depreciation of Ringgit coz their profit are mostly derived from Spore & Indonesia. For 9 months as at Sep 30, 2014 profit from Spore was RM6.914m, Indonesia 2.509m & loss from Msian operations of RM1.020m. Nett profit for 9 months was RM8.403m.
Note : This is not a buy or sell call

rikki

2,028 posts

Posted by rikki > 2015-01-28 21:59 | Report Abuse

Stock To Watch
Benalec @ 0.805
Earlier I cut loss all my holdings of Benalec due to the internal dispute as i totally lost confidence in the counter. But now I see value & Benalec deserved a second look. Human being are very forgiving & forgetful. Very soon all the wrong doings will be forgotten when the company recorded good earnings. I belief many catalysts are in the pipeline.

'Analysts had previously said that based on a selling price of RM50 per sq ft for the initial 1,000 acres, which will rise to RM75 psf for the remaining 2,485 acres, as well as a conservative net profit margin of 10%, the Tanjung Piai concession will generate approximately RM10 billion in billings and RM1 billion in net profit over the next 10 to 15 years for Benalec.'- The EdgeMarket
http://www.theedgemarkets.com/my/article/benalec-gets-doe-approval-tanjung-piai-project

Mark T Bird

1,444 posts

Posted by Mark T Bird > 2015-01-30 14:38 | Report Abuse

EKA fell as much as 8.7% after the company announced its factory in Sarawak caught fire.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz