Posted by TreeTopView > 2022-11-18 10:28 | Report Abuse

The Council of Churches of Malaysia (CCM) has slammed Perikatan Nasional chairman Muhyiddin Yassin for claiming that Christians in Malaysia were “in concert with a group of Jews to christianise Malaysia”.

Be the first to like this.

10 comment(s). Last comment by TreeTopView 2022-11-19 11:47

TreeTopView

1,352 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2022-11-18 10:32 | Report Abuse

When politicians sink to this level you can be assured that they are bereft of any policies to improve our country.

Every party should slaughter Moo over this statement, however I doubt there will be many doing that, apart maybe for PH.

This garbage makes me furious and I dread to think how this country will ever evolve if this is allowed to carry on.

https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2022/11/18/churches-council-slams-muhyiddin-over-christianisation-claim/

bang_miskin

1,059 posts

Posted by bang_miskin > 2022-11-18 12:35 | Report Abuse

Go out and vote, vote those incumbents out. Let them know they talk ayam, they do not deserve to stay.

ahbah

6,059 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2022-11-18 13:38 | Report Abuse

Vote for those who can take care of our klci ?

bang_miskin

1,059 posts

Posted by bang_miskin > 2022-11-18 13:55 | Report Abuse

@ahbah depends which one is more pro market

TreeTopView

1,352 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2022-11-18 15:22 | Report Abuse

bang_miskin, there is no such thing as any Party being "pro market". In the main, the market is dictated by the health of the economy and overall sentiment.

No matter who wins on Saturday, none of them has a magical potion to instantly turn round the economy. There are currently far too many local and global concerns to be addressed before any meaningful change, unfortunately.

Rest assured, if PH were to win and they start to make moves to reduce subsidies they will get slaughtered by the Parties that lost. The very same Parties whose Finance Minister clearly stated midway through this year that the country could no longer afford to retain the subsidies such as fuel and electricity. The same FM who then decided to become a fulltime politician for UMNO and delivered the recent budget.......with subsidies remaining.

I'm not a political beast, in fact I treat them all with varying degrees of contempt, however I dread the thought of this country being rum by either PN/Pas combo or the more likely UMNO/ PAS combo.

I don't know what PH will deliver if they were to win as there are an unknown force, as the last time they held office for 22 months was laced with the Tun M nonsense...... BUT it surely has to be far more palatable than the other two options I've just mention.......as we know what we will get from their tried and tested toxicity.

ahbah

6,059 posts

Posted by ahbah > 2022-11-18 21:21 | Report Abuse

Which party take care of the health of our nation economy ?

bang_miskin

1,059 posts

Posted by bang_miskin > 2022-11-18 22:48 | Report Abuse

@TreeTopView I don't think any of the three main party would move towards a freer and cut subsidies. Like you mentioned, there's too much politics at stake. A move towards a freer market may be good for bursa, but politically it's a suicide. just like ketuanan melayu, cannot touch wan.

On the other hand, as a nons and a die-hard liberal, I am worried about the direction of the country under BN/PAS. It's obvious who I'm gonna vote (I think I know how many here would vote too...just a hunch). Like you said, PH is an unknown beast, but it is an alternative to the current direction we're heading. To change we just have to take chances. Even if PH doesn't win, a strong opposition means that BN/PAS can't do as they please.

I am still pissed with PAS tanking my beer counter years ago, lol!

bang_miskin

1,059 posts

Posted by bang_miskin > 2022-11-18 23:05 | Report Abuse

@ahbah while our nation's economy is pretty screwed and we will remained stuck in a middle income trap for the foreseeable future, I don't think any of the three parties will make drastic change to the country's economy...too much political booby traps. But as a nons, it's quite obvious who I'm gonna vote. I don't like having my name changed to Abdullah bin Wong if you know what I mean :)

TreeTopView

1,352 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2022-11-19 08:28 | Report Abuse

bang_miskin, as you say there is definitely an undercurrent in our country towards a far more right wing interpretation of Islam. Perhaps I'm being naive but I don't believe this belief is palatable by the majority of Malays, however those shouting about more Islamic laws shout a lot louder and cause more unrest than the majority of Malays who want a more open minded lifestyle. That is an annoyance to me and one that I regularly talk about with my friends from a Malay background.

I don't know whether it has been luck by meeting the "right type" of Malays but I can honestly say that all the Malays I am friends with are lovely people. All have jobs, a few have their own business..........and more importantly we treat each other with mutual respect and visit each others homes for meals and get togethers, just the way life should be.

I fail to see why anyone of any race can't get along with someone of another race.........except for those who are at the extreme end of the racist spectrum.

This nonsense we are served regularly about Malaysia being a multi race society is crap. Go to the UK, or Australia and see how many more races are in those counties. I was managing a division of a multinational company in Australia for quite some time and those who worked there working in either office roles or the factory floor were from a large group of nations. There were Australians, English, Scottish, Vietnamese, Indian, Sri Lankan, Serbian, Lebanese and Poland.

With that large mix of people to manage, I never once had an issue with race. Think about that......not even once!

Why? Because they were all working there to make money, feel secure in their job and advance in their lives. The one guy whom I mentored to take up a managerial position was an Indian Muslim. Not once was religion ever mentioned, the guy was very impressive and soaked up information like a sponge. He went on to be a manager on another state in Australia and we still keep in regular contact.

So, it's not a dream that we all can't get along. We just need to have similar goals.

Here endeth the lesson.....lol......have a great weekend and let's hope we are on a bright new path on Monday!

TreeTopView

1,352 posts

Posted by TreeTopView > 2022-11-19 11:47 | Report Abuse

" Umno’s Khairy Jamaluddin has revealed that he voted for Barisan Nasional’s Mohamad Hasan in Rembau."

Oh, the irony. Giving your vote to one of the people you want to remove from UMNO for a "cleaner UMNO" !!

No shame at all.

https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2022/11/19/in-rembau-kj-says-voted-for-tok-mat/

Post a Comment
Market Buzz