Koon Yew Yin's Blog

Harbour Link will report reduced profit - Koon Yew Yin

Koon Yew Yin
Publish date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022, 10:48 AM
Koon Yew Yin
0 1,326
An official blog in i3investor to publish sharing by Mr. Koon Yew Yin.

All materials published here are prepared by Mr. Koon Yew Yin

When I saw the company reported EPS 16.26 sen for the quarter ending June and EPS 10.71 sen for its previous, like all smart investors, I bought the share. I thought I can make a lot of money. I posted 2 articles namely Harbour Link has good profit growth and Harbour, Costal and SYS comparison to help my readers to make more money. Unfortunately, Harbour Link share price has been dropping continuously in the last few days. I Googled and I found this chart below:

Global container freight rate index from January 2019 to August 2022 (in U.S. dollars)

Since the Global freight rate is dropping continuously, all shipping companies including Harbour Link and SYS will report reduced profit in the next quarter ending September. That is why Hourbour-Link share is dropping. I sold all my shares.

Related Stocks
Market Buzz
Discussions
Be the first to like this. Showing 10 of 10 comments

SecretOne

Another bad "investment" by KYY. Seems to be the norm for him these days

2 months ago

Zhuge_Liang

This old man has some mental problem now.
He did not know that the freight rate above USD5,000 is very profitable for shipping service.
The present rate is still around USD6,000.

Before July 2020, the freight rate is below USD2,000.
His u-turn has caused many investors to lose money.

2 months ago

speakup

problem is KYY has lost all credibility. when he screams buy now, nobody follows anymore.

2 months ago

gohkimhock

There is nothing wrong in Harbour's business. Normal ups and downs. It is not a downtrend in its business. I still think transportation and freight has a long way to go.

2 months ago

Zhuge_Liang

KYY has no money now, hence he becomes a trader.
No more money to invest, all profit already lost in KLSE.
He has to sell land to raise his capital, all his capital also lost in steel stocks.
Sad to read his article and sad to know that he has lost all his profit.

2 months ago

Phoebe

KYY lost all his capital in steel stocks? I wonder whose advice he followed? ^_^
Well, if he is reading this, don't beat yourself over this. There are many ppl in the same boat as you in the steel stock too. Do you ever wonder whose advise they followed?

2 months ago

Zhuge_Liang

Post removed.Why?

2 months ago

GLNT

Hahahaha. And Sys and Harbour earnings run contrary to the global freight rate. How ironically funny

2 months ago

enumaelish

Can call up putin n ask him to buck up in Ukraine? Things are not looking good for russia now

2 months ago