3 people like this.

5 comment(s). Last comment by Jolly Mypet 2012-07-27 05:13

Posted by ahmad khan mhammed noordin > 2012-07-26 07:51 | Report Abuse

morning cp teh..

very informative data with full of advice.
look forward your methodology.
we promp to make same mistake and continue contribute through forum

Posted by sheridansulik > 2012-07-26 08:34 | Report Abuse

morning sir...thanks for the valueable pointers, ever day trader needs to have an investor's mindset, knowing the company before putting the money in..If the fundamentally supports it, and technical analysis just strengthen it, i will go in... but if wanna go in on the euphoria uptrend counter like goreng counters, then the strategy is 2 sens profit.. in and out after 2 sens and in again

eizmirr

60 posts

Posted by eizmirr > 2012-07-27 00:11 | Report Abuse

Tq Mr Teh...very informatif

Mat Cendana

2,331 posts

Posted by Mat Cendana > 2012-07-27 00:40 | Report Abuse

FUNDAMENTALS - the PE and dividend yield especially, plus a company's net tangible assets. These information are easily available and should form the basis of one's selections.

I'm very particular about the dividend. Sometimes we might become "forced investors" in that we might have to wait a while in order to a counter to reach our break-even price or to turn in x% of our target price. Getting dividends while we wait is a great consolation.

But that doesn't mean I shy away from counters that don't give dividends. I'm okay with companies that have low PER - more often than not, it's just a matter of time before the price would rise and the capital gains more than make up for the lack of dividend.

And I'm with CP Teh on this one - don't chase counters that have already gone up. When something has reached a certain height, it is more probable for it to come down than to go up further. Consider it as "a missed bus" - don't chase because there will surely be other buses that will come your way.

Posted by Jolly Mypet > 2012-07-27 05:13 | Report Abuse

basically buy low and sell high and also must have holding power not like many people out there trying to make money out of thin air ! in the end they realize the sharks 'goreng' them !ha ha ! no joke it is a fact many got burnt not only their fingers also the whole body. My sympathy to them .

Post a Comment
Market Buzz