Be the first to like this.

118 comment(s). Last comment by AlbertLim 2012-12-15 00:21

canu63

123 posts

Posted by canu63 > 2012-12-09 15:03 | Report Abuse

sima yi made the changes without going forward...just defend with good position. love 3 kingdom and love the chinese philosophy and Strategy.

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-12-09 15:10 | Report Abuse

Sima Yi made sure his descendants became emperors! He was only unfortunate to be in the same time as the great zhuge liang! Make no mistake about it!

shirley1

1,141 posts

Posted by shirley1 > 2012-12-09 15:30 | Report Abuse

KC can be Zhuge Liang too. :) and most ppl prefer to learn smart, i believe we have a lot of smart ppl in this forum.

think Sima Yi plant the tree and his sons enjoy the fruits haha

y'know, to my surprise one of my friend choose Liu Bei's son Liu Shan, known to be stupid. think he is a smart guy too, enyoy life and have no worry. hahaha

jester

852 posts

Posted by jester > 2012-12-09 16:12 | Report Abuse

Haha.. They are both superb make no mistake.
however, I think Zhuge Liang outsmart Sima Yi just a little bit..

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-12-09 16:25 | Report Abuse

If you look at strategies, you see that what Sima Yi did is actually quite flawless! What I like about him is he acknowledged his own limitations and didn't expand energy and resources on something he is not sure about especially in battles with Zhuge! A "smart" man would do absolutely the same! Just that Zhuge Liang was brilliant enough to take advantage of his kiasu-ism only! Hehe

To me Romance of 3 Kingdoms is a must read for every up and coming strategist next to Sun Tzu's! A brilliant portrait in application to everyday you and me life mirrored in the characters there!

jester

852 posts

Posted by jester > 2012-12-09 16:34 | Report Abuse

I absolutely agree KcLoh!

He acknowledged his limitations by keeping his armies safe in fortifications and wait out the Shu armies who had difficult time keeping the armies supplied with provisions.

If the great Zhuge Liang was not born in the same era, then Sima Yi would be flawless! haha

P/s: I love Sun Tzu's AoW..

shirley1

1,141 posts

Posted by shirley1 > 2012-12-09 19:56 | Report Abuse

To achieve 1 mil in 10 years using 1k capital. Base on one of mr teh writing he said is possible. He ask THINK and he is open-minded to accept ideas.

jus take note this, cuz do not want to say cannot without supporting facts. If can, seriously wish to find out how.. If I understand the article wrongly. please do correct me.

shirley1

1,141 posts

Posted by shirley1 > 2012-12-09 20:02 | Report Abuse

Anyone in the market for more than 10 years, base on guts feel.. is it achievable ? mind share ?

I'm in market less than 10 years.

shirley1

1,141 posts

Posted by shirley1 > 2012-12-09 20:11 | Report Abuse

If anyone feel stupid or like no IQ one. I think we skip la.. no point wasting time..

need to rush for something, write when free on the cyberspace..

tonylim

4,796 posts

Posted by tonylim > 2012-12-09 20:29 | Report Abuse

i do feel stupid. On the other hand do they take in ten yr olds?
They make one mil by 20 so that they can spend the mil. On their education instead if spend one mil. And start all over again.

andy118

249 posts

Posted by andy118 > 2012-12-09 20:44 | Report Abuse

All must be welcome but places limited to 100 places. Please register early and bring along your cheque for RM10,000 per person. Just joking.

Maybe try starting to invest from 2003 - 2012 and see if you can make it Maybe with certain criteria like no warrants or call warrants etc

ggecko

1,937 posts

Posted by ggecko > 2012-12-09 20:57 | Report Abuse

i want to say this.. next to impossible (CP Teh may be disagreeable with me). this is only possible if there's a superbull run like in 1993 and he/she (with 1K capital) has a lot of insiders' information, ie which stocks will be goreng. let me answer shirley1's question. yes, i m in the market for more than 10 years. it is not achievable. i started in 2000 during the dot com bubble. my capital, about 200K ++. 'buy, buy, buy' speculative shares over the years; suddenly disaster struck. 1 of my speculative shares plunged within a day (i was too busy with my office mtgs; no time to monitor).. from 1.50++ to about 20sen.. i loss about 300K; also owe my bank (share margin financing almost 100K). so painful period. but i rebuilt. left with only 1K in my cash account. worked hard for the next few years; managed to rebuild my capital again..got back into stock market soon after. until today, now holding about 730K nextnation shares.. hoping for its goreng time. the only point i want to mention is this, i dont do bluechips, i only dabble in speculative stocks; SCOMI, Mutiara goodyear, eden,HIRO, etc.etc. and latest speculative stocks (for the last 1 year). so if u ask me, am i a millionare now after 10 years with a start up of abt 200K. the answer is a definite NO. perhaps i should join some of the trattles and see where i go from there.. may be i can be a millionaire in 10 years. but its ok; my yearly salary is already a quarter of a million; when i turn 55 soon, i can withdraw more than 500K from my account.. hope this answer your question shirley1

AlbertLim

281 posts

Posted by AlbertLim > 2012-12-09 22:17 | Report Abuse

I have been in market more than 10 years. Blue chips/ speculative stocks/growth stocks all i traded. But still yet to make a million from market. So Mr Teh "great" idea is definitely NOT DOABLE. This is another way to entice readers/gullible newbie to join his cohort group. One must remember, i3 is his bread & butter.

shirley1

1,141 posts

Posted by shirley1 > 2012-12-10 00:12 | Report Abuse

1k to hit 1 mil in 10 years, need around 100% per annum compounding. cannot make mistake within the 10 years, to increase the chances, better dont hav any bear run during the 10 years period. bear run come it can easily wipe off 10 to 20 % of ur portfolio values or even more.

Even veteran dare not to commit this, not to say someone who is novice. If can hit I guess is purely luck and gamble, guess not using skills you learn. But ur name definitely in investment history book.

Hope don't mind I say this, the maintenance cost for monitoring for 10 years could be more than 1k. the subscription you pay if you are paying customer. if after 10 years cannot hit, opps.. sorry I did not promise you, it is at ur own risk :)

For those wish to try, actually no harm trying ... and good luck.

Ooi Teik Bee

11,075 posts

Posted by Ooi Teik Bee > 2012-12-10 01:32 | Report Abuse

Dear Shirley1,

I was a remisier since 1993, I summarize it as follows :-

1. 90% of investors lost money in KLSE. According to statistic, there are more losers than gainers.
2. 1k becomes 1 million in 10 years is just a dream, not achievable.
3. Local fund manager makes 8% return a year is considered to be very good.
4. Stock price goes up like climbing a staircase, share price goes down like taking a lift down. You make more money in "Short" than "Long". KLSE cannot "short", hence cannot make a lot of money in KLSE.
5. Within a year, there are more months of down trend than up trend.
6. The movement of stock price in KLSE is very slow, unlike USA or HKSE. Cannot make a lot of money using small capital of 1k.
7. There is no one can make 100% accuracy in investing in KLSE. Probability of 70% is considered to be very good. Please note that there is a 30% of lost trade.
8. 1k cannot buy many stocks in KLSE. Please be realistic.

If there is a course able to achieve it, we must attend this course. We will invest RM 1 million to become a billionaire in 10 years.

Thank you.

Ooi

shirley1

1,141 posts

Posted by shirley1 > 2012-12-10 07:09 | Report Abuse

Buy sport toto, within 10 years there are few millionaire created. The chances is higher and more realistic. Haha

If this is jus marketing strategy, probably ppl will read and forget. If write from heart, claimed he know life or the world, it will give ppl impression he is dishonest or something like a con man, and lose his reputation.. If I'm him, I will ask someone else to do the course marketing. after all he is a teacher.. pls dont pretend know marketing after read few books.. Hahaha

If I irritate someone, sorry to be sarcastic .. skip reading and jus treat as barking, don't be dumb..

sathya

59 posts

Posted by sathya > 2012-12-10 07:48 | Report Abuse

U can 1 million or 10 million from 1k..all u nd is gd luck n divine helpi remember I made my first break fm 20k from the lityan counter whenit was 1 cent n suspended for almost 3 years..but after restructing it started with rm 1 n went up all the Way to rm 3 plus..mine I got out at rm 1.30 n 1.70. We made cool 30 odd million..

In any situation u can make money..provided u hv the gut feeling..so don't be sad or dejected..hv faith..n always be a gendung n smart kepentot..

Gd luck..

shirley1

1,141 posts

Posted by shirley1 > 2012-12-10 08:59 | Report Abuse

Sathya, if you said that i will not dispute one, i respect your view. like u you said need a lot of luck and god help. there's always lucky person in the world even sport toto ppl can kena. Having said that, u did not profit anything from what you said for ur kind sharing.

y'know i heard my friend said. His buddy made 700,000 in one day, he admit is luck. Reason, a dealer key in wrong for sell then need to buy back a lot. and is not using 1k capital.

Posted by luiyiyuyu > 2012-12-10 09:02 | Report Abuse

if so easy to make money. no one will talk about money. because it was worthless. we all be talking about health and gossiping. because nothing else to do. HAHAHAH

shirley1

1,141 posts

Posted by shirley1 > 2012-12-10 09:46 | Report Abuse

I can be wrong, without punt and luck i think it is quite impossible, obviuosly teacher never teach punt, luck can teach one meh, maybe drop a bit already cut loss ... 1k capital to punt maybe not enuf.. i was a gambler once upon a time.

shirley1

1,141 posts

Posted by shirley1 > 2012-12-11 07:14 | Report Abuse

Sometime my son use to ask me bout his primary school math homework, then i mah teach him lor, my son will say "teacher say not like that one", i explain to him again got other way, he start crying and say, "teacher say must follow one otherwise teacher will scold one",

sometime i really very mad teaching my son do homework. but still concerns bout him, i pay money to send my son to tuition center to do homework. any parents experience this?

In work place sometime we also hear this, he said one, she said one, my boss said one, my management said one and bla bla.. cannot blame ppl ler, maybe we are educated like tat since we are kids..

one thing good bout it, our kids learn to be discipline, respect the elderly, and parents. so i still respect teacher.

So so busy, some jokers schedule the meeting in early morning, need to rush for it... write when got time...

shirley1

1,141 posts

Posted by shirley1 > 2012-12-11 14:13 | Report Abuse

I so sorry, I'm learning, even with one reader or no reader, I continue to write..

Math is definitely important, cuz we need to learn to compute or calculate. Teacher definitely contributed a lot to the society, teach the know how and teach how to pass exam. example, exam question, If 1k make 1 mil, 500 make how much and 100 make how much? So, 500 will make 500k and 100 will make 100k.

But huh, after we started working, some of us find the answer is not so correct !! cuz the answer can be any amount or even negative. Notice quite a number of the analysis ending with question mark "?" or "THINK", is it cuz he not sure and expecting some answers or feedbacks ? and claimed that can help ppl to profit.

Sorry huh, jus puzzle why someone claimed to be caring and sincere in sharing doing this?

Time for lunch..

davesingh

2,088 posts

Posted by davesingh > 2012-12-11 14:18 | Report Abuse

shirley1... its just his thought.. analyse it and leave it.. that maybe right to him..listen to ooi teik bee.. his comments seem to be great and easy to understand..

davesingh

2,088 posts

Posted by davesingh > 2012-12-11 14:26 | Report Abuse

mr ooi teik bee.. u are smart help me with this PPB...what u think of that stock...looks attractive now..

Ooi Teik Bee

11,075 posts

Posted by Ooi Teik Bee > 2012-12-11 15:01 |

Post removed.Why?

davesingh

2,088 posts

Posted by davesingh > 2012-12-11 15:46 | Report Abuse

agree@ooi teik bee.. thank you for your thoughts... finally someone i can relate too.. cheers mate..

datuk

4,935 posts

Posted by datuk > 2012-12-11 17:33 | Report Abuse

1)Making and losing momey in stock market is part and parcel of my investing experience. As the old saying goes "no pains no gains" was the ultimate truth in equity investment provided i'm be able to profiting from my experience!

2) Knowledge and report research are crucial but without the elements of core competency (insider/industry information) and luck .....you wouldn't be able to reap superior profit in equity investment.

3) The quality of your character and inner mind are far more important than item 2 mentioned above.

4) Trying to time the market is the ultimate losing money formula in equity market when the inevitable bear and pundit rear it ugly face.

5) Quick gains in investing is not sustainable; virtually detrimental to your investing life

passerby

2,877 posts

Posted by passerby > 2012-12-11 17:36 | Report Abuse

datuk: 2 thumbs up on point no 3.

Posted by Matsaham Mashuk > 2012-12-11 17:44 | Report Abuse

Mmm..to avoid loss follow trend and not ppl.remember cash is king.Use T+3 and TA(important).Buy profit making companies and companies that give dividend to shareholders.Cut loss if you think you cannot win. Pay attention for the first 45 min and last 45 min.Biz info also helped..smile--)

datuk

4,935 posts

Posted by datuk > 2012-12-11 17:49 | Report Abuse

Momentum investing is unsustainable. I made rm10KK in the 1992-1993 bull cycle.......but naked loss with actual loss more than rm120K when the bull eventually turned into the prolong bear cycle.......there is no such guru that will be able to interprete the trend......

benjamin

28 posts

Posted by benjamin > 2012-12-11 17:52 | Report Abuse

Datuk, would you care to elaborate on no.4. How quick is quick? And why it is not sustainable.Thank you .

datuk

4,935 posts

Posted by datuk > 2012-12-11 17:59 | Report Abuse

1) Any papar gain from equity that is not substantiated by long term business profit....would be a rainbow phenomena .....as your fate will be decided by the ultimate banker when they decided to unlock the profit.

2) No one could antiucipate the momentum accurately to the extent the ultimate banker also unable to predit the timing....the behavior from the crowd will be the decider....not you and me; not even the banker...

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-12-11 18:00 | Report Abuse

dey datuk, papar is in Sabah la! wahahaha.....

where you missing last few weeks?

datuk

4,935 posts

Posted by datuk > 2012-12-11 18:04 | Report Abuse

I just returned from China ....supposed to Japan but last minute my mom had decided .....datin and myself have to follow her...so no more visit the kingdom of ladies this time around....really.....kikikiki

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-12-11 18:07 | Report Abuse

now i know who rules the roost in your home! the Emperess Dowager! hahahaha...

datuk

4,935 posts

Posted by datuk > 2012-12-11 18:11 | Report Abuse

I accept yr comment....that's fact......and i'm proud of it....and i'm grateful becos inherited part of her grate value in life....i will not be what i'm today without my 2Ls at homes....

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-12-11 18:19 | Report Abuse

haha... good to hear that! many take them for granted already!

Posted by bursabulltrader > 2012-12-11 19:59 | Report Abuse

Datuk: Double Thumbs up for your below comments:

>>>**************************************************

Posted by datuk > Dec 11, 2012 05:33 PM | Report Abuse

1)Making and losing momey in stock market is part and parcel of my investing experience. As the old saying goes "no pains no gains" was the ultimate truth in equity investment provided i'm be able to profiting from my experience!

2) Knowledge and report research are crucial but without the elements of core competency (insider/industry information) and luck .....you wouldn't be able to reap superior profit in equity investment.

3) The quality of your character and inner mind are far more important than item 2 mentioned above.

4) Trying to time the market is the ultimate losing money formula in equity market when the inevitable bear and pundit rear it ugly face.

5) Quick gains in investing is not sustainable; virtually detrimental to your investing life

>>>**************************************************

I would like to top up point 2) Use TA to reap better profit.... :-)

The case 1), 3) & 5) It really happen to me. I earn my 1st 200k in 2009 (after fighting for 3yrs using 23K) and due to my bad trading habit and emotion failure in 2010 I met with financial setback. So in 2011 I was totally kickout from the market! After stay low for a year ...hahahaha.. I reload myself as newbie in 2012 and now I strive to beat up the market again! :-) Cheersss...

A person who never made a mistake, never tried anything new - Albert Einstein

Posted by Matsaham Mashuk > 2012-12-11 20:27 | Report Abuse

Mmm..good advices and recommendations from datuk and sifus.we learn a lot here.remember follow trend and not ppl.cash is king.smile--)

Posted by khorlh9909 > 2012-12-12 11:06 | Report Abuse

Hello sifus , gurus and datuk out there,,,,
From personal experience trading on speculative stock is fun and very exciting .Just dont want to stop .
Seriously my profit over each of last 10 years are from blue chips counters .
I would have perform 30% better had not the trading stock pull down my ytd prifits ,,,,

shirley1

1,141 posts

Posted by shirley1 > 2012-12-12 13:01 | Report Abuse

At youtube, search for Rusell Peters - beating your kids. good video.

His father say to him "somebody going to get hurt", rusell know is him but why is his father still give him hope saying "somebody"

See how asian teach their kids.

lunch..

tonylim

4,796 posts

Posted by tonylim > 2012-12-12 13:24 | Report Abuse

Enjoy yr lunch shirley1

datuk

4,935 posts

Posted by datuk > 2012-12-13 09:28 | Report Abuse

I could sum up the following principles in equity investment derived from my 25 yearss of experinece in Malaysia stock exchange:

1)If the company cannot generates consistent profit from its business,
virtually the company cannot making money for the investors in the
long run. Hence, the option for investing is rather easy and self
explanatory. You shopping lists shall exclude non profitable
companies. Remember the Buffet saying.....rule 1...never lose your
money.....and rule 2 .....never forget rule 1.

2)Trying to time the market for shortterm capital gain is tantamount
to the action of going to Genting and bet against the banker;the
ultimate outcome is inevitable - loser ! You can win today, tomorrow
and the day after..... but the odds against you as the period
prolong...eventually you will end up as a real loser! So, never
never indulge in this sure losing game if you are mind is not goal
driven and your heart is not iron made.

3) Price movement and profitability of the company must be in the same
direction ultimately. You should not come to Bursa If you can't
understand this statement. This is the curcial pillar of successful
investing, the underpinning of your investing framework. Any
mismatching between the two.....should enable you to trigger your
shopping list...

4) Your ability to comprehend the profitability equation of the
business of the company you are eyeing and your ability to
anticipate the its upciming trend....will leads you to
superior profit in equity investment. This skill....buffet and
other gurus term as industry core competency, insider connection
etc.....

5) If you have sharpen yr skills in item 4.....you chance to marrying the superior company (without divorce) is getting closer and sure comes ultimately....

shirley1

1,141 posts

Posted by shirley1 > 2012-12-14 07:44 | Report Abuse

Datuk, you are not a trader, guess you got money ppl one haha.. anyway thanks for sharing.

let continue to talk a bit of nonsense... is human cruel ?

When I was working in Manila, me and my friend use to walk back to hotel, on the way we will see a father with his daughter (think around 4 years old), think they don't have home and hang around that area, me and my friend will normally pass some coins to them, got around 40 peso. Frankly speaking, we did not pity the father (look like can work type), but human is still human, we pity his daughter, do not know whether she have eaten dinner..

Cuz of work, me and my friend hav been to many countries, we do see some kids pee or shit in public in certain country. But if I ask my kid to pee or shit at longkang beside the street in public, my kid will insist "NO" and find him a toilet. Guess it is how we are educated and depend on the country culture, maybe no right or wrong.

So are we emo and are we human... haha

to be continued....

datuk

4,935 posts

Posted by datuk > 2012-12-14 10:38 | Report Abuse

Without the dollor and cents....human being is very easy entangled with the issue of security and self-worth. Hence,the phenomena outlined by you is inevitable.

When you comes to bursa, it's better equipped yourself with the big dreams....he he he

davesingh

2,088 posts

Posted by davesingh > 2012-12-14 10:56 | Report Abuse

datuk..totally agree with you datuk.. you are wiseman indeed...share more info with us.. if you have any list of stocks you like, please share... thanks datuk..

karennng

11 posts

Posted by karennng > 2012-12-14 11:14 | Report Abuse

No,human is not cruel. Generally, humans are self-centered lot & selfish, and the end result leads to cruelty (to a certain extent). The consolation is, we have both the good and bad side of us. Is how one chooses to be in his or her enviornment. Human makes choices with a free will. That's how we are created.

tptan45

388 posts

Posted by tptan45 > 2012-12-14 11:21 | Report Abuse

If you gain in the market and you believe it is due to your good luck, then I think you are / will be in trouble.
I only invested in 3 counters, with gains between 10 to 100%. All investments were made with common sense and observations.
Luck it is not. Intelligence it is not.
Just common sense.

shirley1

1,141 posts

Posted by shirley1 > 2012-12-14 18:57 | Report Abuse

Karenng, you are kind and good heart person :)

We may not know each other even we live in real world with diff culture and diff thinking, not to say cyberspace la. So what is real ? Does uncle teacher mean some fake in real world is real ? Let face the real world and not always living in the past.

Seriously, it is good to dream big but not talk big, I still don't believe lor he is willing to help newbies without fees, recruiting students say recruiting la why long story ? what is there to be shame off !!

Sorry huh, I'm jus barking... If we wish to learn to see things objectively, normally we look for some facts, guess this is one of the way we control our emo :)

AlbertLim

281 posts

Posted by AlbertLim > 2012-12-15 00:21 | Report Abuse

yes Shirley... we are dogs that barks according to Mr. Teh.
All this show is only to attract students/readers to join his group. Maybe Ms Karen is one of them. Which is good for her if she thinks Mr.Teh is good enough to teach her. If ever I want to learn I'll go for someone who had years & years in market. Someone who is fulltime trader/remisier/dealer. Not a maths teacher who does this trading to kill his boredom.
Out of curiosity, if one really want to help newbie, why must charge? You already say 'help'.... hahaha... maybe i am living under a stone all this while..Help means pay me to help you... You stop paying then he stop 'helping" you... this is how he works I think.
Dont lose money motto is all gimmick to attract readers/newbie... Do you really need someone to tell you the following:-
1. Buy low sell high
2. Have a trading plan
3.Cut loss if breaks support/ sell at resistance
4. Let the profit runs
5.How to read charts.
6. Avoid call warrant/ penny stocks if you are newbie
All this info, you can read from books. Its all more cheaper. I did that way. Never had a so call sifu or teacher. But now I have many2 trader friends.
Anyway, good luck to those who are in his group or planning to join his group.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz