8 people like this.

280 comment(s). Last comment by wawasiaadv 2021-10-27 08:32

Fortunebull

2,599 posts

Posted by Fortunebull > 2013-11-09 18:18 | Report Abuse

Mr Koon is putting his reputation online here with JTiasa! Will JTiasa rise to be RM9 or simply fade or stagnant below RM2! He mentioned making 30 millions from stock alone but he didn't inform us that since he is privilege investor given opportunity to personal tour plcs or given the fact that once he is director of gamuda, mudahjaya etc where you can make 30 millions selling your stakes alone! For me, he is not like the rest of us having no such privileges! But since he promote JTiasa here, we shall see how this single stock will perform in coming days! We also know that Mr Koon is active opposition voice and strong DAP supporter! So question arise is what is his motive for promoting JTiasa! We shall see in coming days! As for luck, those who are privilege are always lucky compare to those in poverty! 2 Chinese families committed suicide this year bringing so much pain knowing that indeed many out there are poor and highly debt and no way to escape their unlucky lives! I salute Mr Koon for his generosity! I hope the rest of us will be privilege to be philanthropist instead of been selfish!

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-11-09 18:24 | Report Abuse

tsurukame, yeah those stocks are special situations; spinoffs, risk arbitrage and merger securities, bankruptcy restructuring, recapitalization, turnaround etc.

All these can make big money. but one needs to do a lot of work, rightly and correctly. Turnaround is even harder. One needs to catch the turnaround at early stage in order to make more money. but the trick is how good you are to see it is really turnaround, or just a mirage.

I thought of doing them after reading Joel Greenblatt book on "You can be a stock market genius" more than a year ago, but still haven't started this journey yet.

Yeah you can make a lot of money out of this strategy if you do it right.

Posted by sense maker > 2013-11-09 18:37 | Report Abuse

If one starts with rm100k, he has to be 10 times as hard-working and smart as another with rm1million to catch up.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-11-09 18:46 | Report Abuse

It intrigues me to see a supposedly experience investor trying to judge the true performance of Jayatiasa in days!

For me, one shouldn't judge its true performance even in a year. It has to be a few years down the road. You can't see the palm trees maturing and bear fruits in days, it has to be in years.

Oh i forgot, you must be talking about its share price.

“The stock market is filled with individuals who know the price of everything, but the value of nothing.”
- Philip Fisher

Fortunebull

2,599 posts

Posted by Fortunebull > 2013-11-09 19:01 | Report Abuse

KCChongnz! Why not take next year stock challenge to proof your point! Since the admin say it will be 3 to 4 years valuation type of challenge! I am in, hope you in too!

tsurukame

778 posts

Posted by tsurukame > 2013-11-09 19:09 | Report Abuse

Kcchongnz,
I would rather work hard, do research , spend the time to identify, focus on and monitor these few stocks rather than have a myriad of stocks to monitor. I will focus on whether the major shareholders, BOD and Management team are trustworthy and frankly this is the most frustrating and challenging exercise but is extremely important factor for an investor..

messi

1,915 posts

Posted by messi > 2013-11-09 21:28 | Report Abuse

Is dinner over ? Please update what other stocks with potential to grow and make money

Posted by Tang Michael > 2013-11-09 21:44 | Report Abuse

If you want to be a super investor, you must be lucker as well as a sentimentalist....dont change your shares like your underwear......I kept buying muhibbah from 48cents to 9.45 in a period of about 3years....and made my millions..........

AyamTua

13,598 posts

Posted by AyamTua > 2013-11-09 21:48 | Report Abuse

Blog: How to become a super investor?
Answer: stop imagination invest in something real .. like chocolate Tango, Tudor and Crispy (PMCORP) .... that's all ... value investing 101!

messi

1,915 posts

Posted by messi > 2013-11-09 21:56 | Report Abuse

Ayam Tua, don't put all the eggs in one basket. Besides chocolate, maybe you would also like to consider Karex, the condom manufacturer. Karex is here to stay for a very very long time.

messi

1,915 posts

Posted by messi > 2013-11-09 21:58 | Report Abuse

Michael, can share what you buying now or still holding on to muhibbah ?

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2013-11-09 21:58 | Report Abuse

Hi Senior Tang : To make millions from a single counter must required a very big sum of capital. In other word you put most of the eggs into one basket ( assume that you did not have multimillion on hand). I am curious to know why at that time you were so confident that it would not screw up at any chance ? I am also curious on your thinking process and psychology at that time. Hope you can recall and do not mind to share. Thank you very much

AyamTua

13,598 posts

Posted by AyamTua > 2013-11-09 22:03 | Report Abuse

Posted by messi > Nov 9, 2013 09:56 PM | Report Abuse

Ayam Tua, don't put all the eggs in one basket. Besides chocolate, maybe you would also like to consider Karex, the condom manufacturer. Karex is here to stay for a very very long time.

sex after chocolate is good but compare prices of karex to chocolate... still way to expensive for people like me, messi.. I know what intention you say.. thanks for advise ... as of now, more visible and cheap is chocolate undervalue .. PMCORP producer of Tango, Crispy and Tudor :-)

messi

1,915 posts

Posted by messi > 2013-11-09 22:12 | Report Abuse

Be very careful with your hard earned money when come to trading. Better not to put all in one counter unless you have 1st hand info that people like us do not have.

AyamTua

13,598 posts

Posted by AyamTua > 2013-11-09 22:14 | Report Abuse

ok .. understand that 101 ... it's good comment/wise advise.. thanks

Fortunebull

2,599 posts

Posted by Fortunebull > 2013-11-10 01:16 | Report Abuse

Better put eggs inside condoms than inside basket!

anbz

5,163 posts

Posted by anbz > 2013-11-10 01:30 | Report Abuse

kcloh sorry if what i said is not that good
----
what i see in this forum is

1. lmenwe's arguments is more concrete...the mathematical analysis by him is more convincing than the others

2. many individuals here seem are having too much respect of Koon Yew Yin

3. he can't even answer some simple questions

4. and when he is saying that he doesn't know that and this bla bla terms...some even exalting him by saying how humble he is!!!?

5. he sold many stock that he promoted just after people buyin...i doubt he is that honest...and sharing person? what happen to all stock that he promoted...it is better for him to pay some compensation to unlucky investors/followers than giving to charity...bayar dosa/hutang sama orang yg terzhalimi atau dizhalimi before u want to talk big about charity

6. he wants to donate RM 30m for a college for mca...yet he asked for the college to be named after 'him'...pernah ke jumpa orang kaya yg macam ni kat malaysia????

7. he likes to give to charity and gave scholarships to 200 students...may be it is true ..yet he likes to spread it to the public? betul2 ikhlas...what an honest guy 'at 81'

8. he said if he has money he will buy all jayatiasa issues..while saying he has wealth that he wanted to donate to charity after his death...why don't he use his 'wealth' and use it now...still talking about 'if' for such 'orang kaya'?

5.jayatiasa may go up afters this...NOT BECAUSE OF FUNDAMENTAL..because 'some obvious' group has been so positive here...(which is not so positive actually)..this group play almost same stock at 'a' time...and keeps promoting...this group has so high influence...they almost agree with any of their 'members' of the group...it's quite hard to see them having different in opinions. This group always build 'positive perceptions' in counter their want to goreng...either the stock has strong fundamental or weak...mostly they're very successful to make price of stock increases

6. imenwe (sounds like zee moola = not only the name but also their intelligence that i admire)

7. rationally speaking imenwe vs 'the group' score = 100-1

8. but the 'group' will win (80% probability)..so if u have some money just try your 'luck'

anbz

5,163 posts

Posted by anbz > 2013-11-10 01:42 | Report Abuse

some people like money...some women...some power...some honor...some popularity... some appellation...don't be so naive ...NOT convincing AT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ...just ask sifu kcchong (because i heard what he said before regarding this stock..not so good comment)...unless he is in 'the group' now..hehe

mr kcchong jangan marah ya..i like to be honest and terfikir..mungkinkah...haha.. bye ...

ps:'unless' is a possibility...not absolute

anbz

5,163 posts

Posted by anbz > 2013-11-10 01:47 | Report Abuse

just may be this guy..koon... is so desperate to recoup what he has experienced in xingquan..haha very high possibility ...

anbz

5,163 posts

Posted by anbz > 2013-11-10 02:00 | Report Abuse

posted by koon:

The price has been depressed for more than a year, since the bonus issue of 2 for every one share held. A few long term investors bought 15% of the total issued shares at Rm 7.90 per share before the bonus issue which is equivalent to Rm 2.63 per share. The closing price on 31st Oct was Rm 2,13.

I am obliged to tell you that Jaya Tiasa is my major investment and I am not asking you to buy it.

Koon Yew Yin
---
me ..if u look at the chart it went from 4.70 to 10.00 in few months...just few months that u can count easily...go check...and fell to around after that bonus....

RM 2.63?...lol u should take a look at other palmoil stocks... also have fell ma......what important is the fundamental performance bro...

this koon not only has very weak analysis...also full of bias...like he is talking u a child....sungguh tak meyakinkan...tapi ..still the 'group' has high chance to win...just like i said before

anbz

5,163 posts

Posted by anbz > 2013-11-10 02:06 | Report Abuse

and he already said ..jayatiasa is his 'major invesment'...some 'long term investors'...15% !!!!...must be him and his siblings...cronies ..and proxies...

sapa yg untung besar nanti kalau jtiasa naik...no doubt...mr philanthropist

and mr philanthropist will suck your money (except the early birds)

and make u all :

mr philanthropist no.2
mr philanthropist no.3
mr philanthropist no.4
mr philanthropist no.5
mr philanthropist no.6
mr philanthropist no.7 ..and many more

anbz

5,163 posts

Posted by anbz > 2013-11-10 02:41 | Report Abuse

fortunebull u shouldnt put all your eggs ( two isn't it?) into the condom...are u mad? u should put your cock there...i mean rooster

tsurukame

778 posts

Posted by tsurukame > 2013-11-10 06:56 | Report Abuse

Selamat pagi anbz
Wow...you certainly can express a lot of your thoughts on what you had apologized to kcloh as not so good...nevertheless I do respect your personal views expressed ..and you are perfectly free to be entitled to your own personal views just like others are also entitled to their own views on "how to become a super investor" as well....you have shown enormous capacity and capability in expressing your ideas with crispy clear comments in this thread but somehow you have not shared with us on any of your crispy clear ideas on how to become a super investor which the participants in this thread are looking forward to and can also benefit from your views as well...

Please by all means do share with us your thoughts on how to be a super investor...Is that ok with you anbz? Will you please do so....Boleh ke anbz??

Posted by Micheal Teo > 2013-11-10 07:18 | Report Abuse

It is purely sharing his investment strategy at Bursa. As such, there is no guarantee that stocks that he recommended the price will appreciate. If u want to sure win then park ur money in banks FD n Govt.bonds.

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2013-11-10 07:49 | Report Abuse

GRATITUDE
Real Chinese has GRATITUDE flowing deep inside their blood. Some show gratitude in their daily life, some keep gratitude deep inside their blood. Be it shown or hidden, the good trait is still flowing inside. I am proud to be a real Chinese.

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2013-11-10 08:40 | Report Abuse

中学校训: 敬爱勤朴礼义廉耻. 二十多年了, 还是不敢忘. 不是在社会打滚几年后就可语无伦次, 目中无人. 你呢?

fatinvest

146 posts

Posted by fatinvest > 2013-11-10 10:03 | Report Abuse

anbz will tell you to invest in NOVA ( a RM0.06 counter ) to be super investor.
No, no, no, the price was supposed to shoot up before UMNO elections, eh maybe next, or next next next next UMNO election?
But seriously I liked the way he cursed and swear in another thread PW Consolidated, another supposedly good counter.

JCool

961 posts

Posted by JCool > 2013-11-10 10:11 | Report Abuse

I suppose thr is no place in tis thread to pay tribute to ... LIQUIDITY... OBSCENCE LIQUIDITY.. for d profits

But hey... super profit is made in a super bull run... n a bull run cannot b a super bull run if it is not a liquidity driven one... a liquidity super bull run is whn d market moving up across d board

If ur view is d opposite.. i respect but i wld like to c u stay.. hang around... don't leave bursaM... whn Ms Yelen pulled out her card n it is not an ACE... n d liquidity vaporised....

As for d How.... i seriouly think d best ppl to capitalise on tis bull run at tis moment r those who r really well verse in TA analysis.... only those really verse of cos.. ths ppl wil make their profits n get to keep them if they r disciplined enough.. as for d others... they wil c their paper profits turned into paper losses as they waited for value to emerge..

Fortunebull

2,599 posts

Posted by Fortunebull > 2013-11-10 10:37 | Report Abuse

World econony waiting to collapse under US 17 trillions! So you think your fundamentally strong counter able to stand the impact! Even JTiasa will be under RM1 even MYEG! So i am wary for those saying to wait years to see result! In 3 years time i am very sure world financially system completely collapse!

Peter Lee

347 posts

Posted by Peter Lee > 2013-11-10 10:58 | Report Abuse

gratitude make the chinese succeed in life,repay back to societies,there will be unseen and unexpected return in hundred or thousand fold in future,tq

Posted by Limkitsial > 2013-11-10 11:14 |

Post removed.Why?

Posted by Tang Michael > 2013-11-10 11:17 | Report Abuse

To all luckers and investors like me..? I havebeen in the market for over 30 long yeats andI made my small millions withshares like wai thai/ repco/ union paper including muhibbah/ dialog and 40 other counters that made up my little fortune.at the moment, my favourites are cbip/ aeon credit/ carlsberg/keck seng which I collected since the price was at 3.10. I am still holdi g them and thats how I made my little millions. Be long.

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2013-11-10 11:22 | Report Abuse

With Non Change to Face all Changes以不变应万变

I kind of agree with Mr JCool on “(i)..best ppl to capitalize from this bull run…r really well verse in TA....&(ii) ….see them turned into paper losses as they waited for value to emerge…..”.

But in my opinion 95% of the retail players are not well verse in TA, what should this mass of ordinary players do?

I also agree with Senior Bull that “…fundamentally strong counters “Unable” to stand the impact when financial system completely collapses! “

Same question to Senior Bull, then what should the mass of ordinary players do now?

My opinion or strategy is that:

i) Since I do not know what to do in the current market, I resort to stupid strategy “With Non Change to Face all Changes以不变应万变”

ii) Shift portfolio to relatively strong and big counters such as MBB, LPI, Zhulian, CIMB, Genting to capitalize the Bull effect although it maybe not as attractive as the broad market.

iii)Do not simply buy or sell. JUST SIT AND WAIT.

iv)Psychologically prepare to take 30% loss from the current net value without emotionally hit. Ready to absorb the worst 50% loss from the current net value with certain degree of emotion hit. If unfortunately 75% loss, I will jump from Bursa tower.

What do you think ?

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2013-11-10 11:31 | Report Abuse

非我族类其心(思维)必异, 不与他一般见识.

fatinvest

146 posts

Posted by fatinvest > 2013-11-10 11:44 | Report Abuse

bsngpg,
夏虫不可与语冰,非无冰也。。。。

CityTrader

8,151 posts

Posted by CityTrader > 2013-11-10 11:50 | Report Abuse

好说 好深奥。非一般人所说的话。肯定是个高人 佩服。

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2013-11-10 11:56 | Report Abuse

tsurukame
Nov 9, 2013 05:56 PM | Report Abuse
kcchongnz,
I have identified one stock that is a potential turnaround stock and that stock is called "TONGHER RESOURCES". My take is going forward the EBIT and Dividend payout can double. What is your take on this stock?? Appreciate your valued input on this matter.

I have had a look at Tong Herr just now. It was doing extremely well before the US sublime crisis. I guessed that was why Tang Teng Boo bought it as one of the stocks in icap's portfolio. After that its business deteriorated all the way until last year.

Operating margins have contracted from >20% to just 6%. The return of ROE and ROIC at 5% and 8% is not good.FCF is also so so.

At RM1.79, it is also not cheap with PE of 15.6 and EV/Ebit of 8 times.

I have a look at its last two quarter results and I didn't see any significant improvement of its performance.

Why do you think it is turning around?

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2013-11-10 11:56 | Report Abuse

哈!谢谢fatinvest。我想这句彦言好久了,就是想不起。我一直想把它送给面对无赖攻击时的KC大佬。

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2013-11-10 11:58 | Report Abuse

Hi Senior Tang : coincidentally, we have certain degree of similarity on “BE LONG”. Ha! I start to smell small millions at the end of tunnel.

Seriously, I would like to hear from you if you really do not fear that the current value may lose significantly?

What is your thought on sell now and wait for Bear to re-enter and wait even longer for the next Bull?

Len Yan(Fong SiLing冷眼) did say PE >15x is a good indicator to sell. I have now few counters with PE exceeded 15X from <10X.

Hope to hear your experience for reference.

Thank you very much.

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2013-11-10 12:04 | Report Abuse

Hi KC Chong大佬: I knew your answer well that when approaching intrinsic value, sell. We mass ordinary investors do not know intrinsic value of our counters, what should we do?

Example is that I really in dilemma if I should sell Zhulian and GTronic which have high PE now (I do not know their intrinsic values).

I read and liked your justification in selling JobSt months ago. Will you do the same on other counters? Be it your counters or not.

Thank you very much.

fatinvest

146 posts

Posted by fatinvest > 2013-11-10 12:26 | Report Abuse

bsngpg,
哈,我亦有此意,只怕KC hoot 我!
In bursa, I believe it is hard to find any counters like Public Bank and Genting that you can really hold for long long term to make you rich.
I don't think cold eye held these two counters for many many years but he still made his millions from Bursa( >30 millions I think !)
But we can see a lot of counters that can do well for some years ( glove makers, electric counters, etc )before declining, that is they have a life cycle, the typical S shape plc( product life cycle).
有花堪折直须折,没待无花空折枝。

Ooi Teik Bee

11,117 posts

Posted by Ooi Teik Bee > 2013-11-10 12:30 |

Post removed.Why?

Fortunebull

2,599 posts

Posted by Fortunebull > 2013-11-10 12:38 | Report Abuse

Going through Mr Ooi postings, I realise he is a TA and surprise that he did recommend JTiasa when the price was around RM2! So you would have profited 40 cents from JTiasa if you follow Mr Ooi!

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2013-11-10 12:55 | Report Abuse

Hi fatinvest : "hoot" , are you Hokkien? I can speak Hokkien too.

是"莫"待非"没"待.

劝君莫惜金缕衣,劝君惜取少年时。
花开堪折直须折,莫待无花空折枝。

是我年少勉励自己努力学习及追求女孩的彦语

fatinvest

146 posts

Posted by fatinvest > 2013-11-10 12:57 | Report Abuse

CT,
不高,不高, 不过一米六五( 五尺六)罢了!
OTB,
well said !
Bull,
go back to your MYEG threat and chant. There is no room for u here!

Fortunebull

2,599 posts

Posted by Fortunebull > 2013-11-10 13:00 | Report Abuse

Fatinvest! I know you always buy high and get to be long term investor! I keep up with your postings! I know what to buy not to buy if you pop up!

fatinvest

146 posts

Posted by fatinvest > 2013-11-10 13:22 | Report Abuse

Smart bull you are! I choose to be long term investor, not "short term went wrong( long )" type you know?

Ooi Teik Bee

11,117 posts

Posted by Ooi Teik Bee > 2013-11-10 13:25 |

Post removed.Why?

fatinvest

146 posts

Posted by fatinvest > 2013-11-10 13:27 | Report Abuse

bsngpg,
老了,连字都写错,该罚!
好了,别闹了, 这边是How to become super investor,别风花雪月了。
Bye bye!

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2013-11-10 13:40 | Report Abuse

BUY GENTING:
Since fatinvest talk about Genting, I would like to express my thought here that I am going to buy more Genting if it drops for another 20sens or more to get maximum free Wa. I haggle over every ounce because I have had plenty of Genting already, it is not in hurry to buy more. Many people dislike the Wa, I have a total different view on this.

i) If Genting does not propose the special div(50sens) and Warrant, you have nothing except the historical 4 sens in dividend. Now you get 50sens free in cash or Wa, so why against it?

ii) With or without the Wa, the earning of the company is still in the same trend, it is not affected by the Wa. So why dislike the 50sens Wa?

iii)Diluted eps ? yes, but you have more shares(in Wa) on hand now as compared to before Wa.

iv)Do you think Genting is currently traded expensively? If market drops 20% to 1440, what will Genting be as compared to other counters? I base on my past experience would GUESS that most of the 2nd and 3rd liners will drops 30-40% whereas Genting likely at 17%.

v) The business expansion activities taking places here and there year after year.

vi) After the Wa exercise, I plan to convert mother shares to Wa as both mother and Wa will grow along with the business but Wa will give me leveraging effect(higher % in return). I prepare to let go the negligible <1% dividend yield from the mother share to exchange for the leveraging effect.

Genting is the one I am very comfortably holding at the current price in the current Bull atmosphere.

What do you think?

Post a Comment
Market Buzz