8 people like this.

280 comment(s). Last comment by wawasiaadv 2021-10-27 08:32

Posted by sense maker > 2013-11-07 22:18 | Report Abuse

Imenwe clearly did not read properly. I wrote that profit margin may recover 50% in 2015 from now, not CPO price recovers 50%. If he was discerning, he also knows I referred profit margin here to profit before tax level. I hope he can differentiate the difference between profit margin and CPO price before jumping to his foregone conclusion.

Posted by Koon Yew Yin > 2013-11-07 23:20 | Report Abuse

Response to comments on ‘How to be a super investor?’
I refer to Tan KW's comment. He wishes to know my view on the CAPEX and Free Cash Flow on Jaya Tiasa. Sorry, I really do not understand the meaning of these two accounting terms because I am only a 80 years old retired civil engineer. I selected Jaya Tiasa basing on my common sense as a businessman.
Although my article looks very professional because of the 2 charts showing the FFB production for various palm ages and the planting programme which I copied from an article by CIMB Bank analyst report and I calculated the FFB production for the current year and for 2016 like any engineer or anyone with some elementary knowledge of mathematics. My calculation shows that JT has tremendous profit growth prospect which I consider the most important stock selection criterion.
Moreover, JT owns about 2400 sq kilometre of forest and operates one of the largest if not the largest plywood and sawn timber businesses in Malaysia. They have been cutting down the forest and use the proceeds to plant 62,200 ha of oil palms and more than 32,000 ha of fast growing trees. That is why they are currently not showing much profit in the last several years and professional fund managers and normal investors do not buy this share. That is why its share price is on cheap sale in the last few years. But I know the company is undervalued.
As I said before, just basing on Boustead Holdings, one of the leading and highly respected Malaysian company's buying 2410 ha of oil palm plantation at Rm 77,000 per ha and IOI, the richest Malaysian Chinese controlled plantation company's buying Harn Len's plantation at Rm 79,000 per ha Jaya Tiasa's 62,200 ha is worth more than twice its market capitalization. I wish I have all the money to buy all the issued shares of JT.
As a businessman looking at JT, the company has almost unlimited supply of timber from its large forest and its reforestation to generate cash which it has been using to plant oil palms since 2002,11 years ago. On top of this cash, it has been borrowing from banks to accelerate its planting.
Again as a businessman, I consider borrowing money to do more business is good if the management is able to make more profit than the interest rate for borrowing. For any small cap company, it must borrow money to do more business; otherwise I consider it inefficient.
Lending money is the banks' main business and banks will lend money to only good companies. I consider Jaya Tiasa is a very efficient company and many banks would like to have this type of customer.
You must remember, oil palms will bear fruits after 4 years of planting and will continue to bear fruits even after 25 years and the average production cost is about Rm 1,400 per ton of crude palm oil while the selling price in the last few years ranges between Rm 2,300 - 3,500 per ton. What business can give you more than 100% return per year, over a long period ?
Plywood and sawn timber: As I said earlier, JT is one of the largest plywood and sawn timber producer in Malaysia and it has almost unlimited raw material supply from its own forest. How Chinese, Korean, Taiwanese or Indian manufacturers compete with JT? Koon Yew Yin 7th Nov 2013

lmenwe

143 posts

Posted by lmenwe > 2013-11-08 01:21 | Report Abuse

Dear sense maker come on have u really make a calculation for your assumption? FFB jump 200% in 2015 that mean 657,000 x 3 = 1,971,000 tonnes. OER of 21% = CPO of 413,910 tonnes. Assume a profit before tax margin of 30% and PBT of RM 450 million. So revenue will be RM 450 million/0.3 = RM 1.5 billion. CPO price =RM 1.5 billion/ 413, 910 = RM 3,623.98 per tonne. If your PBT margin is lower to 25% it will be even worst! The revenue will become RM 1.8 billion and CPO per tonne will be RM 4,348. If PBT margin was up to 40% (at which I think is impossible for jaya tiasa who fail in their cost management) the revenue will be RM 1.125 billion and CPO per tonne at RM 2,717. CPO at RM 2,700 per tonne sounds more reasonable but do you think Jaya Tiasa able to get PBT margin at 40%? If you are talking about a ridiculous high PBT margin of 50% the revenue will be RM 450 million/0.5 = RM 900 million and CPO price will be RM 900 million/ 413,910 = RM 2,174. Oops the price is even lower than now. At this price tag I believe all planters profit margin will be even lower. At a price of RM 2,174 Jaya Tiasa still get a PBT margin of 50% than this will be a miracle! I hope that I don’t have to be a math teacher next time.

tsurukame

778 posts

Posted by tsurukame > 2013-11-08 02:07 | Report Abuse

Dear Mr Koon Yew Yin,

Greetings to you and family members and wishing you best of health , longevity and happiness.

Thank you for graciously sharing the info and your thoughts on valuation of JTiasa's palm oil cum timber plantation business from a businessman's fundamental investment point of view which I do appreciate immensely. Your articles have opened up my views on the basic critical approach and baisc info required in looking at investment from a business man point of view and I do concur with your views.

Every Investor have their preferred approach on Investment but I prefer to approach Investment based on fundamental analysis to decide on company to invest and technical analysis to determine appropriate time of entry

I must communicate forthright to you that I am not an expert on valuation of palm oil cum timber plantation business as in JTiasa and others. However I am very keen to know on current relative performance of plantation companies in Malaysia and Indonesia and the future drivers that will result in quantum profit leaps and increasing cash generation on yearly basis in the future.

I understand from the info supplied that the future drivers of increasing profits for J Tiasa is the increasing number of trees reaching maturity age of 7 years onward as current crop of trees are still very young assuming palm oil price rages between RM 2,500 to say RM 3,000 per ton. Having said that, what is the relative competitive yield per acre, acreage planted of JTiasa compared to its peers say TSH in Sabah, TDM in Peninsular Malaysia? I understand that there are several factors that influence yields per acre such as type of soil(peat versus volcanic based), the age profile of trees, the type of oil palm trees being planted, the acreage area being planted, proximity of planted areas, consistent fertilization programme, the management efficiency in bringing fruits for processing in palm oil mills, type of weather are important causal factors that determine yields per acre and future profits.

It has been reported that Indonesian soil is much more fertile for oil palms to yield easily 20% to 30% fruits per acre. Besides the soil, I understand that TSH and others had cloned Oil Palms that yield easily 30% more fruits and I assume that this oil palm variety is also planted on Indonesian soil as well.

I concur with your view that JTiasa per se will have fantastic profit growth in the future years due to increasing acreage and increasing maturity of oil palm trees although it has an additional profit contributor from its timber business. However as a long term investor, one must also be mindful of the relative competitiveness of JTiasa to emerging threats from new players from Malaysia, Indonesia that have more acreage, better soil condition , lower labour and production cost, lean and better management and other competitive factors that drives up Total profits and increasing Earnings per share....

I will appreciate very much your feedback views on the above.

Thank you, Good night und "schalfen sie gut"

lmenwe

143 posts

Posted by lmenwe > 2013-11-08 05:42 | Report Abuse

Dear Mr Koon I believe your profit margin is way too optimistic. Let us use some of the more efficient counters to compare. For united plantation their net profit margins from 2007 – 2012 only at a range between 26.72% – 34.39%. First Resources are well known for its cost control however their profit margins also range between 29% - 35%. For the timber business industry sorry I have a different view. There is no branding in Jaya Tiasa’s product. The consumer won’t say they will only buy Jaya Tiasa’s product. If timber is so good like what you claim they will never enter palm oil business. For your info Jaya Tiasa are not the beloved darling of banks. Cash cow like MCD, Yum Brands, Nestle are some of the darlings of banks. Their interest can go below the market rate. And last for trees above 25 years old the yield will drop significantly and this is what Felda are facing now.

Posted by sense maker > 2013-11-08 09:00 | Report Abuse

Imenwe, Jtiasa also has log and wood processing biz which are quite profitable. I am not sure the prospect of these 2 sectors. As I said, in the half an hour, I just used a generalisation or extrapolation based on latest quarterly results.

Posted by Jonathan Keung > 2013-11-08 09:24 | Report Abuse

Mr Koon thoughts on JT is highly interesting. Nonetheless, the forecast is on the Company future performance ( i.e.next 3-4 years ) we need to be aware of the future changes( eg. Company Management, demand and supply etc ) which will have an impact. Buy at your own risk and do not blame anyone. Once again, thanks for sharing your thoughts

inwest88

5,628 posts

Posted by inwest88 > 2013-11-08 09:27 | Report Abuse

# Very informative and beneficial views from Imenwe and sense maker. Both have their points and so does Mr. Koon. No one can judge who is right or wrong. whatever said, it cannot be denied that the price is inching up slowly and surely with increased volumes. That's the most important to the holders of this stock.

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2013-11-08 10:19 | Report Abuse

All of them have very good points, I learnt a lot from them on palm oil industry. As I come from technical field(not in share), I give my vote to Imenwe.

Peter Lee

347 posts

Posted by Peter Lee > 2013-11-08 10:21 | Report Abuse

mr koon seldom recommend wrong stock,he already 81,leave with good name

cariyoyo

126 posts

Posted by cariyoyo > 2013-11-08 15:19 | Report Abuse

I have invested into xingquan, rimbunan sawit and evergreen in the past. All these stocks were suggested by Mr. Koon when he gave a seminar in Syuen, Ipoh some two years ago. I went all the way from my hometown when a friend of mine informed me that "Warren Buffet" of Malaysia was giving a seminar for free, with dinner thrown in. Imagine for those who had invested their savings into these counters? Xingquan was RM1.60, Rimbunan was RM1.00 and Evergreen was RM1.60 respectively at the time he was giving the talk. But to be fair, Mr. Koon invested into these stocks himself. The only difference was that he won't tell you when he or groups friendly to him will be exiting from the counters suggested. For simplicity, imagine if Mr. Koon and groups friendly to him had invested 30 million Jaya Tiasa at RM1.75 some months ago and they will sell two weeks after giving the seminar to those attended? They will be making a cool RM23 million while you guys go after the counter.

Hold dear to this adage- "Nothing comes as a free lunch"! and don't get fooled by instituitional investors as they don't owe you a living. Imagine George Soros telling you to buy "A" as he is now 85 year old. You think he wants to make you rich or make himself richer?

Posted by Koon Yew Yin > 2013-11-08 16:10 | Report Abuse

Thank you all for reading my article and for all your commentaries. Many of you do not agree with me but I assure you that my intention for writing the article is truly altruistic. I want you to select stocks my way, value investing which has been proven to be the best method by Guru Warren Buffett, Peter Lynch and other Gurus.
I do not agree with Inmenwe’s last commentary quote “ If timber is so good like what you claim they will never enter palm oil business".

JT owns 2,400 sq kilometer of forest and about 32,000 ha of fast growing trees which are raw material for their plywood and other timber business. Surely you can see that JT has the competitive advantage over all the Chinese, Taiwanese, Korean and other manufacturers who have to import their raw materials. You can see that in the last 10 or more years they have been cutting down trees to generating cash to plant oil palms. As a result, their latest annual report shows that they have planted 62,745 ha which is worth more than twice its market capitalization.

The timber business is like printing money and they have been using the proceeds wisely to plant oil palms. I was told by the top management that they are looking to buy more land to continue planting oil palms. In fact, Dato Sri Tiong, deputy executive chairman invited me for discussion about one month ago. That was the first time,I had a helicopter tour of their plantation, mills and plywood factories. All their assets have water front and their products are being transported by water which is cost effective.
Bearing in mind that JT’s controlling shareholder is one of the richest Malaysians who will privatize the company sooner or later because it is so much undervalue. When JT is privatized I will be laughing all the way to the bank.

This reminds me of Tan Sri Syed Mokhtar, one of the richest Malay entrepreneur privatized Trade Winds, Trade Winds Planations and Bernas in March of this year. I also wrote to encourage everybody to buy these shares. As much as I hate to brag, I humbly must tell you that my wife and I have made about Rm 30 million on this occasion.

You must examine your track record. If you not been making big profit, you must change your method and consider my method of selecting stocks. As financial analyst, you are spending too much time in looking at the current profit and not the future profit growth prospect.

I wish to invite all of you especially Inmenwe to my house at 5.00 PM on 9th Nov at 65, Lingkaran Meru Valley, Meru Golf Resort, Ipoh for a chat and dinner. My mobile 017 5577822 or email: koonyewyin@gmail.com.

Koon Yew Yin

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2013-11-08 16:18 | Report Abuse

You threw in baseless accusation.
Did he point a gun at your head to buy? OK, let us assume that he evilly plan to set you up(WHICH I DO NOT THINK SO), yet you drove all the way to be cheated, it showed that there is a big problem within yourself. Do not blame others but yourself, OK?

lwalk

1,144 posts

Posted by lwalk > 2013-11-08 16:20 | Report Abuse

Wow...thank you mr koon, and all the other forumers on your comments. really insightful to read all this

lmenwe

143 posts

Posted by lmenwe > 2013-11-08 16:23 | Report Abuse

ok come on man the decision is made by you. you can only blame yourself for losing money! i had conversion with someone and i was convinced for the future prospect of f&n so I sold off my kfima. at the end f&n sucks but kfima is performing (even though the counter is not super good). I can only blame myself for not sticking with kfima and ignore the 30% profit loss of f&n. besides that not all decisions from the super investors are accurate. even warren's accuracy is only 1/3. even buffett himself did say that if the most successful investment was taken out berkshire will become nothing! recently cold eye did made quite a number of recommendations but his accuracy is just more than 50%. what make the super investor differ from others are they will go big in their best ideas.

inwest88

5,628 posts

Posted by inwest88 > 2013-11-08 16:26 | Report Abuse

# I sincerely believe Mr. Koon's noble intention. In fact Mr. Koon you have said your piece and it's up to the people to study, analyse and make their own judgement.

Posted by sense maker > 2013-11-08 16:27 | Report Abuse

I would love to meet Mr Koon tomorrow but I will be back to Malaysia only a week from now. I suppose I can only try to seize the next opportunity then.

I have never invested in plantation company before and in fact the half an hour I spent on Jtiasa was my first time on a plantation company, all because the recommendation came from a respected figure.

It is not difficult to dig more information to arrive at a more detailed prospective profits of Jtiasa by poring over Jtiasa's published financials, if one is interested.

Jtiasa to me is not a buy before I find out more about it. I would love to learn from Mr Koon more on other companies which he may have in mind for investment.

darecom

12 posts

Posted by darecom > 2013-11-08 17:23 | Report Abuse

You guys are simply "The Best"!

Mr. Koon, I'll see you tomorrow!

inwest88

5,628 posts

Posted by inwest88 > 2013-11-08 17:24 | Report Abuse

# Mr. Koon - if you happen to come down to KL / PJ just let us know if you want to meet us. No need dinner, just drinks in a coffee shop will do !

Posted by Koon Yew Yin > 2013-11-08 17:35 | Report Abuse

I refer to Cariyoyo's commentary about my previous recommendations about 2 years ago. Both R Sawit and Evergreen went up but I could not tell everybody to sell. You must know when to sell as no shares can go up indefinitely for whatever reasons. You must also realise that practically no professional analysts would recommend sell on any stock.

Regarding Xingquan, one of the few Chinese Shoe companies, I am still leaking my wounds. I gave some of my holdings to my grand children so that they have the time to wait. It is most unfortunate. I visited the company twice. The first time was with CIMB's representatives who were the underwriters for the IPO at Rm 1.80, if I am not mistaken. I was convinced and I bought about 20 or more millions of shares and my average price must be about Rm 1.50.

When I recommended it, I was really convinced that the company was really undervalued after my 2nd visit. I saw they were completing several rolls of walk up flats to accommodate 3,000 workers with the IPO proceeds. Their newly completed factory had all the latest equipment which I believe would save cost and improve profit.

The share is selling around 90 sens when its cash value per share is about 50 sens. It is selling P/E 3 or 4. It is an honest company but investors do not believe it.

I must say Xingquan is my worst investment in my life and you can kick me for misleading you. You must remember, I recommended it with really good intention.

Cariyoyo, I am sorry, please come to my house at 50 pm 9th Nov. SMY 017-5577822 or email: koonyewyin@gmail.com
Koon Yew Yin

cariyoyo

126 posts

Posted by cariyoyo > 2013-11-08 20:16 | Report Abuse

mr. koon, i am currently working away from my hometown. i have sold all my xingquan to the friend who invited me to your seminar in syuen. he speaks highly of you. his name is lee ch.maybe you know him?

tsurukame

778 posts

Posted by tsurukame > 2013-11-08 21:00 | Report Abuse

Mr Koon,
You have proven to yourself and to the rest of the world that you are a great investor with proven results and I value your frankness and good intentions as well ...

I have a mech engineering based background and I too look at basic fundamentals/information such as the following:
-Is Major shareholder, BOD and Management trustworthy with good strategic management skills? This is of primary importance for me as an investor..
-What is the state of the industry type the company is in(is it sunrise, sunset, evergreen, cyclical industry)
- What is the company position in the industry( Is it monopolistic, oligopolistic or fragmented)
- What are the financials, past and forecast future performance of the company? ...its past, current and forecast PE multiples, top line revenue growth, earnings growth, earnings per share growth, cash position, debt position

I think most investors are able to obtain the above info and make a decision on which stocks to invest except for the first criteria on whether the Major shareholder, BOD and Management are trustworthy...Having said that what is your advise on how can I as an Investor seek out info on the trustworthiness of the BOD and Management besides asking from the grapevine?

The second question is "What is the basis in which you decide to sell any stocks that you had invested in? What are the mandatory info and criteria that are of paramount importance for you to make the decision to sell? Do you sell in stages or you sell near the top or just after the top??

Appreciate your advise on the above.

Thank you and best regards,

Fortunebull

2,599 posts

Posted by Fortunebull > 2013-11-08 21:02 | Report Abuse

I was drawn due to the heading, how to be superinvestor! But when finally saw he is promoting Jtiasa, I am not convince enough! Especially at this moment Jtiasa and Myeg are almost the same price! I say if you want to be a super investor, the no brainer stock will be Myeg! At least I can sleep every night knowing for SURE that this stock will outperform KLSE in long run!

lmenwe

143 posts

Posted by lmenwe > 2013-11-08 21:14 | Report Abuse

First I am not a financial analyst. Second I am using future profit as a yardstick. Third I dislike counters without moat! It is impossible to differentiate timbers produced by Jaya Tiasa from the rest. Moat is competitive advantage like why we prefer Mcd than other QSR, gillete than others or cost advantage like Walmart to the its competitors. Fourth I would rather buy a cash cow than something highly indebted and low efficiency. Base on the balance sheet it is way too obvious that Jaya Tiasa is dire need for another round of cash call.
Regarding the land price please have a look on how cheap the cost of liberia's land to KLK. At a cost of around RM 4500/ha. Even though the Lee brothers are not as efficient as the great United Plantation but their ability to steer KLK's growth are widely recognize by investors.
With the expansion in oilseeds planting especially oil palm it is hard to convince that palm oil will continue to boom like the last 10 years. To me i believe this is just the start of the end of commodity super cycle. Please check the commodity prices during 80s to the end of 90s to have a look on how low the price can go when boom end.

I can tell you all that the most silly decisions in my life is not following Robert Hagstrom's advice in The Warren Buffet Way. Although Robert's advice doesn't represent the real investment strategy of Buffett but it did show us part of Warren's strategy especially during the late 80s until the end of 20th century. Warren always say it is better to buy a quality counter with fair price rather than buying a fair company at discount.

After 1970s Warren change his strategy from buying cheap to buy quality and this make him the greatest investor in the world.

During my first screening I did select some counters with good moat and dividends but I consider them as old man business (mature with low or limited future growth). I did drop the Pet counters due to their high p/e and how their dividend are growing now? Yeah I did go for cheap counters but I sucks. If I did invest in what I first pick I can proudly say my return my return will close to 100%.

Everyone have their own strategy. Everyone should try to get the strategy that fit himself/herself. However I won't be arrogant to ask others to follow mine and claim that mine is the best.

Ooi Teik Bee

11,116 posts

Posted by Ooi Teik Bee > 2013-11-08 21:25 |

Post removed.Why?

JYap

39 posts

Posted by JYap > 2013-11-08 21:25 | Report Abuse

Join your dinner is my dream but unfortunately I am staying far away. Cheers

Peter Lee

347 posts

Posted by Peter Lee > 2013-11-08 22:23 | Report Abuse

tq mr koon,i couldnt make it,but i sent my partner frankie wong from kampar to meet you,do teach and advise him,tq for your kind gesture

Fortunebull

2,599 posts

Posted by Fortunebull > 2013-11-08 22:33 | Report Abuse

I read that Africa and Latin America catching up on Bolehland and Indonesia on palm oil! This scare me as the size off Africa and latin America easily outsize(palm oil did originate from Africa and south America)! I wont put my money in Jtiasa, maybe just to catch some profit but wont consider long time! Put in Myeg instead!

Posted by Koon Yew Yin > 2013-11-08 23:51 | Report Abuse

Imenwe seems to be annoyed when I said that every investor must examine his track record. If his record has not been good he must change his method and follow my method of selecting undervalued stocks with very good profit growth prospect.

I said this with good intention because I have an exemplary track record. Almost all my wealth is from the stock market and I have been giving away my money to help poor students. Up to date I have given more than 200 scholarships to help poor students to complete their tertiary eduction. You can see my scholarship offer advertisement on Malaysian Finance blogspot and on Lim Kit Siang Blog.

AS Ooi Teik Bee said, my statement is fair. Imenwe said that he is not a financial analyst but he makes the most commentaries and wants to impress all the readers. Please tell me your achievement so that I can learn something from you.

Please come to my house tomorrow evening at 5 PM so that we can exchange views. 12 people have confirmed to come for the chat and dinner. This will be a good opportunity for you to teach us.

Call me 017-5577822 or email: koonyewyin@gmail.com. My intention is truly altruistic. You can google my name if you wish to know more about me. I was a founder of IJM Corp., Mudajaya Group, Gamuda and a few other companies.

In 2 months I will be 81 years old and I have written in my will that I will give away all my wealth to charity when I die.
Koon Yew Yin

Posted by Christopher Tan > 2013-11-09 00:19 | Report Abuse

Mr Koon,
I totally agreed with your concept: looking at the future profit growth of the companies. Too many investors are too concerned is this company making money this year or not.

Thanks for the invitation, Mr Koon. Unfortunately I have another birthday appointment to attend too !

Sure hope you do have the opportunity to meet Mr Warren Buffett himself in one of the shareholders meetings.

Take care...and have a wonderful day.

Fortunebull

2,599 posts

Posted by Fortunebull > 2013-11-09 00:28 | Report Abuse

I say Koon Yew Yin probably know things about JTiasa that we ordinary investors don't! Like he said, he is looking at it as businessman point of view! And his intention is purely altruistic! I don't see any harm to invest!

Fortunebull

2,599 posts

Posted by Fortunebull > 2013-11-09 00:32 | Report Abuse

Please note that JTiasa started to shot up from 1st Nov and this article published on 5th! There's indeed something cooking, and probable so far Koon Yew Yin knew from the start! So appreciate those whos going to meet Koon Yew Yin to feedback us here!

lmenwe

143 posts

Posted by lmenwe > 2013-11-09 00:41 | Report Abuse

Please note that the cpo futures price had shoot up to above RM 2,600 and this explain the rally in the plantation counters!

anbz

5,163 posts

Posted by anbz > 2013-11-09 00:41 | Report Abuse

i tell u what is superinvestor...he is someone who is more alert than the others....i just met this in pmcorp room and barakah-la forum...i'm not promoting them because they are too risky to buy now....

just read this:
Posted by JCool > Nov 8, 2013 04:37 PM | Report Abuse

whatever price it closes today... I m satisfied... Yessssss....ahhhhh......

n a big thank u to bigFAT..... for spreading d good news... everywhere... every thread.... n got himself banned.....

hope u bot a lot too my man.... big $$$$$$ to u.... : )

Posted by bigFAT better chase barakah la...now only 64 cents...exercise +20 cents while the mother is now 99.5 ..great discount!!!!
06/11/2013 16:07

Posted by bigFAT buying 84 cents for 99.5 cents !!!
06/11/2013 16:08

JCool
450 posts
Posted by JCool > Nov 8, 2013 04:45 PM | Report Abuse

n big thank u to d others too... do hang around... at jz 80+ sen.... d show is not over yet

anbz
3386 posts
Posted by anbz > Nov 9, 2013 12:28 AM | Report Abuse X

Jcool..if it is true as u said that u bought at 66 cents...not only bigfat ...all here in the forum including me should to thank you also...because the lowest today is 66 cents...because of your 'some' bravery...may be has ignited the game today..do u get what i mean..cheers

i think mr jcool..this should be the way we must trade...find any stock that people still has no understanding then we just tell simple explanation just like bigfat...then bedezum...jcool if u have any stock u can recommend to me..please be my guess.

even people like kcchong...kcloh ...sepiroth...otb...and many more ...all so called sifus pun tak sedar hal yg mudah macam ni...cheers

---------
anbz
3386 posts
Posted by anbz > Nov 9, 2013 12:30 AM | Report Abuse X

this is the way to beat all the sifus..be more alert than them
---
now ...don't buy barakah-LA anymore because the chances for it to go up is only 50-50

wwwcomment

448 posts

Posted by wwwcomment > 2013-11-09 00:43 | Report Abuse

Mr Koon sorry I dont know you before reading this thread. Your statement of giving your wealth to charity touched me. I hope I can be a philanthropist some day too.
Wish you good health.

anbz

5,163 posts

Posted by anbz > 2013-11-09 00:43 | Report Abuse

by the way jayatiasa hutannnnnnnnnnnnnng besar ma..haha

anbz

5,163 posts

Posted by anbz > 2013-11-09 00:54 | Report Abuse

mr Koon Yew Yin if u are such generous person ...prove it to me

here my RHB savings account number 1-04063-0007477-6

i am quite poor...not only students need help ...me also...i swear (honestly) ...so if u please ...please put some money in my savings account...the amount depends on your generosity...thanx

RM 200,000 is not that much ..is it?

messi

1,915 posts

Posted by messi > 2013-11-09 01:06 | Report Abuse

anbz, you are poor because you invested in the wrong stocks (eg. novamsc). Follow Mr Koon's strategy if you do not want to be poor.

anbz

5,163 posts

Posted by anbz > 2013-11-09 01:11 | Report Abuse

Mr Koon Yew Yin why do u want to give all your wealth to charity...when there is some guy ...really in need of money when he lost so much in Bursa...7 years ago...and still servicing the few hundred thousands ringgit bank loan...it's me...

and why do u want to donate all your money when/after u die???

Mr Koon Yew Yin... God takes account on your deeds while u are alive ...not when u die...this u must know..so please

Rasulullah peace be upon him said/asking to his shahabas/friends

: whose wealth do u like? ...yours or your siblings'?

The shahabas said : Surely ours

Rasullulah s.a.w said : Then do u know that the wealth that u leave after your death is not yours but your siblings?

He s.a.w added : So spend it (in God's name...with any good deeds such as charity/for your siblings/wives/kindred/or helping people in needs/or for the striving in Allah's path ) while u still have it (in your hand/while u live) because the wealth after u die is not yours anymore...it's your heirs/siblings

alkop

966 posts

Posted by alkop > 2013-11-09 01:28 | Report Abuse

thanks alot...the comments the info makes me richer ..like it

lmenwe

143 posts

Posted by lmenwe > 2013-11-09 03:07 | Report Abuse

Oops xingquan again. Again if the cash is really there why their interest income is so low given that PRC’s interest is so high? Since they are so cash rich and the debt is so little why they need to borrow given that their interest expense at 9%. Again if the cash is there why don’t they distribute dividends or repurchase their shares to push up the share price? I suspect does Mr Koon really follow this counter? They had launched some suspicious activities like rebranding exercise and TDR. If Xingquan is so profitable why they need to raise cash in Taiwan? Since their cash are more than market cap why don’t the major shareholders just take it private? Besides that due to tight competition leading brands like Li Ning is bleeding and Anta’s profit also fall whereas Xingquan is totally unaffected. Does it make sense that the top players are suffering whereas the smaller and unknown player can continue with their heyday? And now Sozo was hit by accounting scandal and even a veteran like Mr Fong Si Ling also get his hand burnt and he dare not touch any red chips.
Before asking others to follow your strategy maybe you should take some time to learn accounting 101 and red flags. By the way if you are interested you can search for financial red flag in cfa syllabus.
Since I didn’t make RM 30 million in a single transaction and I don’t have any track record to show how good I am so I should keep my mouth shut. However financial blogger ze moola who had successfully identified a lot of frauds in Malaysia should have the calibre to comment. Below are how he comment on xingquan. Below are the links on xingquan and other china counters on bursa.
http://whereiszemoola.blogspot.com/search/label/Xingquan
http://whereiszemoola.blogspot.com/search/label/Chinese%20Stocks%20Listed%20In%20Malaysia
Last even Mr Buffett who is widely regarded as the Oracle of Omaha also makes a lot of mistakes. If Sage of Nebraska is always correct than why he still can’t recoup his cost of investment in Conoco Phillips despite the full recovery of crude oil? Haha maybe I should keep my mouth shut from now onwards as I don’t make RM 30 million, no track record to convince people, not donating large chunk for charity and not a 80 plus old man.

Posted by sense maker > 2013-11-09 04:09 | Report Abuse

China's FD interest rate is actually extremely low but lending interest rate is high. The big spread for the banks is to cover for non-commercial, often government-directed bad loans. Many frontier countries share this problem.

For most red-chip companies, even at very low FD's interest rate, its interest income still has been too low and unreconciled to fixed deposit and bank balances. They tend to keep disproportionate amount of seemingly spare cash at end of each quarter in current bank accounts, instead of fixed deposits. The biggest red flag of course is the presence of material bank borrowings although these companies sit on a very big cash pile on the books at the same time.

These anomalies have been around all these years and suggest that the management moves money into the company for quarterly closing and out thereafter.

On another point, the flight risks among China directors are also high for credit transactions with banks, suppliers, etc. And the shareholders based in Malaysia are the most vulnerable lot.

In a nutshell, transparency, accountability and dividend payments rank low in management of China's compananies. Accounting fraud is indeed very common in China.

Little wonder that the very cheap PE valuation notwithstanding, its shareholders continue to sell their shares and I think the trend can only be reversed if the company starts paying decent dividend.

I think Mr Koon and Fong Si Ling made the mistake of buying into Xinquan because they were too trusting, giving too much benefit of doubt to red-chips major shareholders, without sufficiently combing through the financials for anomalies and inconsistencies.

All said, the RM30m loss on Xinquan actually pales in comparison with the amount of wealth Mr Koon has accumulated in his life. As with many things in this world, we look at the results of our investment to identify what methods likeliest bring the best returns in the long run. There is no reward on who argues the best.

Some punters or investors-wanna-be got burnt big time and never dare to return to equity investment for the rest of their life, while many achieve mediocre returns throughout their life. Only top 10% of all investors make good gains, and they all take learning very seriously.

So, in the bigger scheme of things, Mr Koon is indeed a hugely successful investor especially by Malaysian standards. What he is giving back to the society makes him so admirable indeed.

Have a great gathering!

tsurukame

778 posts

Posted by tsurukame > 2013-11-09 07:04 | Report Abuse

Imenwe,
I 100% agree with you that it is very important to look at basic fundamentals n financial information prior to investing but then again one must always get the Big Picture right as this will have an important impact on the outcome of investment of palm oil counters...

The big picture as I see it is there will be tremendous growth in incomes in African and perhaps Middle Eastern countries once there is stabilized peace there...Yes it is true that Africa is opening up...but then again as Africa opens up economically...the per capita income in African countries will also go up too and this will have a tremendous impact on palm oil consumption looking at African eating habits....besides there is a good likelihood in Malaysia that the palm oil % in biodiesel be increased to 7% in Malaysia and if more R & D funds is invested on research on wider usage & application of palm oil & oil palm products the demand curve may shift again.....think about the endless possibilities of refined palm oil & oil palm by-products for industrial and consumer usage if more R&D funds are deployed to find more usage/application of these....likewise current oil n gas refineries uses crude oil to refine...there is also a possibility that palm oil be used when crude oil supply diminishes

I will be very cautious in calling for an end to the palm oil commodity cycle as somehow the demand kept on growing for the past 20 odd years and it is still growing......

kakashi

2,941 posts

Posted by kakashi > 2013-11-09 07:22 | Report Abuse

Anbz don't make a fool out of yourself here.

Certainly a lot of interest now on jtiasa.nonetheless keep the conversation going. ..I'm trying to learn here as well.
Thanks guys

lmenwe

143 posts

Posted by lmenwe > 2013-11-09 07:24 | Report Abuse

Regarding Africa in fact there are a few million hectares of oil palm forest with very low yield in africa! Per capita income growth of Africans yes but it take times! Currently we are over expanding. Pls check the commodity price charts since 1980s. What will happen when the bubble burst! Sugar and coffee are important crops but now they are trying their best to create new record (lowest since 2008).

Mr Fong didn't invest in Xingquan. He enter Sozo and we know what happen on Sozo. Now Mr Fong had learnt a lesson and correct his mistake. At the age of 70, Mr Fong still learning new investment skills. Previously he didn't bother on ROE but now after browsing some forum's threads he did use ROE in his investment. Whereas I can only see some one who believe that he is absolutely right here.

Maybe this is his self confidence and I certainly hope Moola and I are the one that make a big mistake!

Regarding the best investor I believe Mr Fong is the man. Look at the 42 counters portfolio that he recommend. Even though I disagree with quite a number of his picks but result speak itself!

Dear Mr Koon pls don't have hard feeling I am not saying that you are not a great investor.

tsurukame

778 posts

Posted by tsurukame > 2013-11-09 07:27 | Report Abuse

Imenwe,
There is currency wars everywhere as nations devalue currencies to shore up/support exports....what this means is more money creation ...as long as this persist..it will be reflected in the commodity price charts...

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2013-11-09 08:04 | Report Abuse

Hi:
Visit Ipoh and Super Investor:

Ipoh nowadays is a very popular place for a short domestic holiday by KL(Center) and Penang(North) people during public and school holidays for the very delicious Chinese foods and White Coffee. The hot spots such as Dim Sum Street, Ga Choi Kai(sprout chicken), Sin Yoon Loong Coffee etc were jam-up with numbers plates starting with W, P, and even J and S.

Hotels are plenty with reasonable price, which you can easily get the contact from Google and get a room or two tonight. Please bring along your family to Ipoh this morning or afternoon, drop them in the newly refurbished Parkson shopping complex and let them having dinner themselves in the town center which is within walking distance if you can walk. Then you can go, meet and dinner with the Philanthropy and Super Investor in Meru which is just 15-20 minutes from Town Center.

I knew that each year many queue to pay huge money to have dinner with W Buffet. In this perspective, even though Mr Koon is not as well-known as WB, but they are the same type of people in making big $ from equity and doing great charity. They pay WB whereas Mr Koon pays you dinner. WB speaks American English and topics on Wall Street; Mr Koon speaks Malaysia English( I guess Cantonese too) and Bursa. Maybe you can shot “Old Horse” for fun too if the atmosphere allows.

Friends, just 2.5 hours and 2 hours drive from KL and Pg respectively. Please do not miss the golden opportunity. Take this opportunity to meet i3 members too.

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2013-11-09 08:07 | Report Abuse

Hey : Maybe you got opportunity chance to meet with Dali too who is the good friend of Mr Koon.

Peter Lee

347 posts

Posted by Peter Lee > 2013-11-09 08:20 | Report Abuse

be grateful,how many successful investor want to meeet you ,teach you,share idea and dinner treat you for free,the answer none,only mr koon ,the super investor in malaysia

bsngpg

2,842 posts

Posted by bsngpg > 2013-11-09 09:08 | Report Abuse

Hi Imenwe : It is very amazing to find that you are young at 27 with so extensive knowhow on palm oil industry on top of your sharp analytical mind. IF your profession (guess) is an equity analyst specializing on plantation, your knowhow and analytical work also beat most of the senior analysts. When I were at 27, my achievement in my field is 10 miles behind yours. You are great. Hope to read your comments on other topics too.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz