5 people like this.

78 comment(s). Last comment by Frank Soweto 2014-02-22 04:45

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2014-02-18 13:56 | Report Abuse

fail... unable to produce red flag... can somebody teach me ?

Saturn

2,148 posts

Posted by Saturn > 2014-02-18 13:58 | Report Abuse

You sure SA Yee kuat tong not?? U created new craze ........cannot eat shark fin but the soup is ok......

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2014-02-18 13:59 | Report Abuse

saturn go imbi and try it out ! very good for your cxxx

skyu

2,497 posts

Posted by skyu > 2014-02-18 13:59 | Report Abuse

the market is normal, not much crisis at the moment. so, we must buy xing quan and jtiasa. jtiasa related to Taib ?

Saturn

2,148 posts

Posted by Saturn > 2014-02-18 14:01 | Report Abuse

Transformer got cxxx or not.......after head get big again and start firing all direction.......

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2014-02-18 14:04 | Report Abuse

optimus is uncle koon's nemesis

Saturn

2,148 posts

Posted by Saturn > 2014-02-18 14:06 | Report Abuse

U mean overseas in Armada no SA Yee kuat tong??

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2014-02-18 14:07 | Report Abuse

got also. every restaurant is seasonal one. sometime got, sometime no

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2014-02-18 14:08 | Report Abuse

you eat sayeekuattong than you can shark other people in the market loh

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2014-02-18 14:09 | Report Abuse

ok ok enough nonsense. uncle koon is discussing some serious matter here. lets not disrupt him

optimus7

571 posts

Posted by optimus7 > 2014-02-18 14:22 | Report Abuse

why mentioned a movie name here also get flag?? red flag somemore...laugh die me la. communist forum ka.

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2014-02-18 14:28 | Report Abuse

for all you know, uncle koon is the one sitting in front of the computer busily flagging you

optimus7

571 posts

Posted by optimus7 > 2014-02-18 14:30 |

Post removed.Why?

Saturn

2,148 posts

Posted by Saturn > 2014-02-18 14:32 | Report Abuse

Kakakaka.....this is the 4th transformer only ie age of extinction.......but ur name already 7....here they are particular about accuracy.....

Alphabeta

235 posts

Posted by Alphabeta > 2014-02-18 15:15 | Report Abuse

The optimists will always look at the positive signs and feel better days are ahead. The pessimists will look at the other way round to justify for their actions.

Whatever is your outlook, unless you have a crystal ball that allow you to gaze at the future, nobody can tell for sure what will happen next, its pure guessing game.

Everyone agreed with me that we have experienced crisis after crisis and each time the story is different. With so many uncertainties and risks around us, whether it is due to war, banking defaults etc. can destabilize the fragile system. The world is so wired up that huge block of funds can be mobilized with a "click of a button".

I think it will be a bad decision to chase after risky assets now especially under conditions that may have the potential to trigger dismal forward looking returns. My personal opinion is to get your exit plan ready to guide your capital. I may sound conservative but it is better to be safe then to be sorry later.

Ricky Kiat

1,356 posts

Posted by Ricky Kiat > 2014-02-18 15:20 | Report Abuse

thanks

Posted by KinSoon Kok > 2014-02-18 15:31 | Report Abuse

1 thing 4 sure is the downtrend of ringgit will force BNM 2 raise int rate which in turn make equity less attractive.

Posted by KinSoon Kok > 2014-02-18 15:38 | Report Abuse

Can't focus 2much on co's fundamental now. Macro economy effects dominant.

Duitbesar

915 posts

Posted by Duitbesar > 2014-02-18 15:41 | Report Abuse

Analisis terlalu simple sangat. Jangan tengok Amerika saja, kena tengok Europah, India, Brazil dan China. India dengan China bila-bila boleh meletop, Amerika lain cerita.

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2014-02-18 16:17 | Report Abuse

Alphabets thank you for your reminder. Let's keep our head cool. Don't take unnecessarily risky positions

Posted by perseushermes > 2014-02-18 16:48 | Report Abuse

Uncle Koon - the BRIC will cause the meltdown. Stay tuned

Posted by Tey Tian Foo > 2014-02-18 17:56 | Report Abuse

Malaysia current condition is much worse than pre 1997 crisis. WE have much higher government debt, much higher household debt, much weaker manufacturing sector, much bigger bubble on property sector, not much room to make money from oil due to "net importer" soon. Our current condition is ready for another bigger crisis !!

eric8168

99 posts

Posted by eric8168 > 2014-02-18 18:07 | Report Abuse

agree

mc121534

2,517 posts

Posted by mc121534 > 2014-02-18 21:56 | Report Abuse

WILL THE STOCK MARKET CRASH ! I have read from one of Uncle Koon's article that you have make your great fortune from previous market crashes. So I believe you are getting nearer to the repeat of your
"HOW TO BECOME A MOST SUCCESSFUL INVESTOR" soon. All the best Uncle Koon. I beleive you already have prepared an exit plan in your mind and strike when the opportunities drop by.
But your last sentence didnt appear like you are waiting for it soon, instead you are hoping that it won't be soon!
So in my opinion you should post a new article like WHY THE STOCK MARKET WON'T CRASH. And from your own oppinion and points and not from others. Because we trust you more than any others.
All the best to you Uncle Koon. Thank you.

klugman

600 posts

Posted by klugman > 2014-02-18 21:59 | Report Abuse

don't frighten ourselves unnecessarily, 2014 will be the year of the super bull for Malaysia. So don't miss the ride!

AyamTua

13,598 posts

Posted by AyamTua > 2014-02-18 22:01 | Report Abuse

Blog: Will the stock market crash? - Answer: find undervalue and DEFENSIVE and RECESSION PROOF stock - and PUNT in between

Defensive: HEXZA
Recession proof: NTPM

dont follow AyamTua .. own risk :-)

jenabchen123

1,176 posts

Posted by jenabchen123 > 2014-02-18 22:49 | Report Abuse

Just to share this interesting article.

Feb 17, 2014 MARKETS
Stocks Near Records as Caution Recedes

By E.S. BROWNING

Bloomberg News
Don’t look now, but after all that January anxiety, investors have pushed the S&P 500 stock index back almost to a record.

Both the Dow Jones Industrial Average and the S&P 500 last week recorded their strongest weekly gains since December, albeit in light trading. The rally left the S&P 0.5% from a record and the Dow 2.6% away.

The reason: All the things people worried about in January, including troubled developing-country economies, uncertain U.S. corporate earnings and cuts in Federal Reserve stimulus, seem less worrisome today.

And as had been widely predicted, some money managers are shifting out of developing-country stocks and into the U.S., Europe and Japan.

“People realized a Lehman event wasn’t coming,” said Jeff Mortimer, director of investment strategy at BNY Mellon Wealth Management, which oversees $185 billion. He was referring to the 2008 collapse of Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc.

“The market is looking through near-term economic softness and looking forward to a stronger second half,” he said.

Investors who feared a 10% stock-market pullback now have decided that the path of least resistance is upward again. They are putting money back into U.S. stocks.

“Concerns about weak Chinese growth and a tighter Fed, which spurred recent volatility, have eased after recent data and statements from central bank officials,” said BarclaysBARC.LN +1.66% economist Michael Gapen in a report last week.

The problem, of course, is that U.S. stocks still haven’t had a 10% pullback since 2011, and many analysts still think one is coming.

As investors become more complacent about the future, they bid stocks higher. The higher stocks rise, the more expensive they look compared to corporate earnings, and the bigger the risk of a sharp drop if there is an unsettling news development. After last year’s gains, the S&P 500 is trading at 18 times its component companies’ earnings of the past year, well above the long-term average of 15 to 16.

But as Mr. Mortimer noted, most of those who expect a decline generally don’t expect anything like what happened in 2008. So as stocks rebound, few are frightened enough to pull back. Their main concern is to be sure they benefit from future gains.

“It is easy to come up with all sorts of scenarios where we would have a 10% correction at any time,” said Seth Masters, chief investment officer for Bernstein Global Wealth Management, which oversees $71 billion in New York.

And yet Mr. Masters’s firm is keeping a higher-than-normal allocation of money to stocks. He expects U.S. stocks to return around 7% or 8% for 2014 when the year is done, including dividends. That is far below last year’s 32% total return for the S&P, but it is better than most people expect from other investment choices, such as bonds.

In fact, Mr. Masters calculates, this kind of modest annual return would take the Dow well past 20000 by this time in 2018, from 16154 today. The one thing that would prevent that, of course, is another crisis. Mr. Masters and many other money managers think the financial system isn’t suffering from the kind of excess that would cause that.

Now that stocks have doubled or tripled off their 2009 lows and no longer look cheap, they are likely to face some nasty, temporary pullbacks, but nothing more, these money managers expect. They see a future of moderate economic growth, low inflation and a still very friendly Federal Reserve.

Mr. Mortimer of BNY Mellon has a similar outlook, foreseeing a 3% to 6% gain before dividends, which means 5% to 8% including dividends.

What keeps these optimistic money managers from foreseeing even stronger stock gains is that there are too many potential stumbling blocks ahead. Earnings are an example.

Eighty percent of the companies in the S&P 500 have reported fourth-quarter profits and two-thirds came in above analyst expectations, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S. That exceeds the post-1994 average of 63% and matches the level of the past four quarters. The average stock rose 0.84% on the trading day following its report, the biggest average gain since the middle of 2009, said a report from Bespoke Investment Group. So after a tentative start in January, earnings-reporting season gave stocks a boost.

But while investors were buying, analysts were chewing their nails. Analysts have cut estimates for 760 public companies in the past four weeks and raised estimates for only 457, Bespoke reported.

The results, in other words, have been strong enough to push stocks higher, but the outlook remains murky, as it so often is. Data from FactSet, a research company, show that 81% of companies that have provided forecasts for the first quarter have warned that earnings will be lower than analysts expect.

Christine Goh

3,117 posts

Posted by Christine Goh > 2014-02-19 18:53 | Report Abuse

Dear Uncle Koon,

I cannot aggree at what you mentioned above as it doesn't reflect your own analysis. We really appreciate it if you can share your own oppinion and not from others.

I appreciate this thread but it's copied from someone else analysis. Please share your thoughts. It maybe useful to me and to all members. Yes your own thoughts.

Thank you.

hiddengem

1,186 posts

Posted by hiddengem > 2014-02-19 21:38 | Report Abuse

Uncle Koon, I totally agreed with my brother mc121534 & my sis Christine Goh that we love to hear from your personal view on why the stock market won't crash, instead of having copied from the extract of Joel Kurtzman's interview.

You hv concluded with great confidence that the US stock market will not crash so soon & also our market will also not crash so soon too.

As a successful investor, we would appreciate that u could share with us yr foresight on the facts that the market will truly not crash so soon. In addition, every investors would like to hear fr yr prediction on when the market will crash, to enlighten us to protect our hard earned money from vanishing.

Yr personal view is highly appreciated. Thank you.

Posted by Koon Yew Yin > 2014-02-19 22:42 | Report Abuse

As you know I am not an economist or an accountant. I am just a businessman and as an entrepreneur, I look at the stock market or any business proposal optimistically. I am always bullish. I naturally want to find out how I can take advantage of the situation to make some profit.

In this case, after reading what the expert said, I believe what I read. Of course there will always be some disbelievers, some believers, some have no opinion of their own, some naïve people who would accept any thing, some opinionated people who would only believe in his or her own opinion and disagree with whatever he or she reads, and finally there some with shit in their heard who would radical every thing they read.

Christine Goh

3,117 posts

Posted by Christine Goh > 2014-02-20 00:41 | Report Abuse

A entrepreneur means a person organised a business , a businessman means industrialist, manufacturer, dealer , trader and deal maker. Now you mentioned that you are actually a businessman and entrepreneur too. I dont believe that as a well respected figures in our soil as everybody said, instead you send me the posting as below. I am very disappointed as you are misleading me and you show me your real intention is to fulfill your own intentions. Anyway this is my last comment in your blog that divert and confusing from you saying "noble intention" it totally different from your intention to help and guide the younger generation. Thats's all.

Thank you.

Posted by Koon Yew Yin > Feb 16, 2014 11:40 PM | Report Abuse

Christine, what business are you doing? What kind of business that requires your attention even on week ends? You seem to know so much about share investment, why don't you stop doing business and invest in shares?

In share investment you are not required to work on week ends, you will not have bad debts, you will have no management and tax problem problem. Moreover, you do not need to deal with people especially the hard nuts.

What is the use of being an armchair critic?

tonylim

4,796 posts

Posted by tonylim > 2014-02-20 01:20 | Report Abuse

Christine what uncle mean is what I can creating money making machines.
Property rentals or publishing a book are some examples. I am not sure if shares investments creates passive income.

tonylim

4,796 posts

Posted by tonylim > 2014-02-20 01:22 | Report Abuse

I share the views of the writer. America is now exporting oil surplus

tonylim

4,796 posts

Posted by tonylim > 2014-02-20 01:27 | Report Abuse

The current high volume traded in bursa esp on penny stock or lower liners are signs that market might reverse soon. This has been proven a couple of times already. Keep a good watch out.

eric8168

99 posts

Posted by eric8168 > 2014-02-20 06:44 | Report Abuse

tony....we have same taste

Posted by Koon Yew Yin > 2014-02-20 09:48 | Report Abuse

Christine, please write to me directly koonyewyin@gmail.com so that we can communicate outside this public forum. I believe I have the necessary experience in helping people and I genuinely want to see how I can help you.
Among the outstanding people I have helped are multi millionaires such as Lin Yun Ling, CEO of Gamuda, Ng Ying long, former CEO of Mudajaya, Fong Loong Tuck Dy Chairman of Glomac.

Christine Goh

3,117 posts

Posted by Christine Goh > 2014-02-20 11:47 | Report Abuse

Dear Uncle Koon,

l believe, I can learn from you as you are a very experience entrepreneur. That's the reason why I posted my own experience to share in your posting. Now that you understand my sincere view I feel we have much to share. Tonight I will meet a group of Public Listed Company Ceo .I will write to you at your said email about one good listed undervalue company to share with you. Hopefully we can share our view and exchange our ideas to be a successful trader. My long term invested stock is GHL Systems bhd.

Thank you.

Posted by Stock Operator > 2014-02-20 12:00 | Report Abuse

lol. who needs tvb?

Kitty28

3,354 posts

Posted by Kitty28 > 2014-02-20 12:09 | Report Abuse

Dear Mr Koon, I missed out your JT when you highlighted it at range of RM2.20. Now the price has lifted to RM2.4.
Is the current trend justifed entry, or I should hold my breath first for lower entry? Thank you.

Kitty28

3,354 posts

Posted by Kitty28 > 2014-02-20 12:13 | Report Abuse

Dear Mr Koon,I think I should rephrase my Q: what are the factors you always have in mind when deciding for entry or increase holding for a specific shares for a mid to long term holding?
Thank you.

Posted by Koon Yew Yin > 2014-02-20 16:34 | Report Abuse

Kitty28, it is difficult to answer your question because it involves human psychology and your financial position. Supposing you have just discovered a really good share but it has already gone up 10 or 20%, would you still buy it? As you know no one can predict whether the share will go up or down in the near future. To buy or not to buy depends on your financial position and your appetite for venture.

Supposing after you have bought a good share, its price went down, what would you do? Would you sell, hold or buy some more?

Supposing after you have bought a good share, its price went up, what would you do? Would sell, hold or buy some more?

mc121534

2,517 posts

Posted by mc121534 > 2014-02-20 17:10 | Report Abuse

This one is a good one! Short and meaningful.

Kitty28

3,354 posts

Posted by Kitty28 > 2014-02-20 17:11 | Report Abuse

Thank you for your kind response.
Financial Position Scenario:-
Suppose I have a spare cash of only RM10K for share investment purpose on behalf of my child, which I may need to realize it in about 10-15 years later, is JT a good choice for my purpose? Whatever decision I made is absolutely at my own risk..:)

Posted by Koon Yew Yin > 2014-02-20 17:57 | Report Abuse

Kitty28, please write to me directly koonyewyin@gmail.com so that I can advice you privately. If I write on this forum, there will be so many people giving you unsolicited advice and you will be more confused.

optimus7

571 posts

Posted by optimus7 > 2014-02-20 18:04 | Report Abuse

yes, kitty28 just buy jtiasa and xinquan! the best stocks in Malaysia.

Kitty28

3,354 posts

Posted by Kitty28 > 2014-02-21 10:50 | Report Abuse

I will. Thank you for your kind response.

haikeyila

1,063 posts

Posted by haikeyila > 2014-02-21 10:53 | Report Abuse

stock market will crash but jayatiasa will rise, lol.

optimus7

571 posts

Posted by optimus7 > 2014-02-21 10:56 | Report Abuse

talent talent. haikeyila. I want to meet u. no point be an armchair critic!!

Saturn

2,148 posts

Posted by Saturn > 2014-02-21 11:06 | Report Abuse

Haikeyila don't like boy and man......but then again Transformer is not a man.....

Frank Soweto

3,425 posts

Posted by Frank Soweto > 2014-02-22 04:45 | Report Abuse

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/dont-try-to-time-the-market-2014-02-21

some good pointers -

A lot trying to stay being too defensive and missing a rally can have just as much long-term impact on your portfolio

Making a market-timing call requires good timing — not perfect, but good — at both ends of the deal, because if you buy in late, after the rise has started, or sell out only after a decline becomes apparent, you’re not achieving the classic “buy low, sell high” paradigm

Post a Comment
Market Buzz