6 people like this.

19 comment(s). Last comment by mrk2ca 2015-04-10 11:39

CCCL

621 posts

Posted by CCCL > 2015-04-03 19:11 | Report Abuse

2008 value of my stocks lost 50%. Good to make a switch to good theme stocks like Hartalega, Adventa and Latexx. Imagine the good bargain price of Latexx-w at 20Cts. At early of 2010 the price reached RM 4.00. Know how to react calmly during crisis/turmoil is super critical. Again not to over expose like borrowing and margin play.

CCCL

621 posts

Posted by CCCL > 2015-04-03 19:22 | Report Abuse

Avoids "con stocks" all the time. Plenty of good stocks waiting to be discovered....

Posted by sarifahselinder > 2015-04-03 20:42 | Report Abuse

Macam mana the coming one??

Will it be massive? Will it be hard? Will it be long??

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2015-04-05 09:20 | Report Abuse

ks55,

Good points.

But I think Parkson had a convincing growth story in the 2005 when it forayed into China market and its EPS increased from 42 sen to 79 sen.

As usual, the growth story faltered after investors paid too much for that expected growth.

calvintaneng

53,254 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2015-04-05 11:35 | Report Abuse

Yes I remember Parkson well. It was once traded around RM1.20 when it was called Amalgamated Containers. Lion Group changed its name to Parkson & its share price skyrocketed to almost RM10.00. The maddening crowd chased a good thing into overvaluation. It went into greater fool's paradise. And now Parkson is a victim of e commerce. Alibaba, taobao & Singpost's success of direct selling have hammered Parkson & others by online marketing.

Posted by sarifahselinder > 2015-04-05 12:26 | Report Abuse

Oii bunch of senile old timers, sudah la rindukan rindukan the past lebih baik look into the future

Macam mana.. When will the next crash come?? How bad will it be??

Dah lama I post no answers je

Posted by sarifahselinder > Apr 3, 2015 08:42 PM | Report Abuse X

Posted by sarifahselinder > 2015-04-05 12:36 | Report Abuse

Apa lesson lesson.. where got?? Oso can not tell the future tulis panjang panjang sampai part 4 for what

calvintaneng

53,254 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2015-04-05 12:50 | Report Abuse

Sarifah,

The Next Crisis is yet unknown. Will it be the Destruction of paper currencies by endless "money printing"? Or will it ends with another Crash like 1997/8 or 2007/8?

I think Hyper Inflation is more likely before another big crash arrives.

In any case I have studied the Great Depression. There's a book called "Hard Times". It is an interview on a wide spectrum of people who lived through the Great Depression years of 1930s in USA when Dow crashed in October 29th, 1929.

Among them that thrived were Holly Wood, Psychiatrists, those that were inventive with radio adverts & others.

And we must open our eyes to study the upcoming trends that might lead to another crisis of such proportion.

I want to share again how I escaped The Crash of 2007/8 unscathed because all the signs were there.

I want to share my trip to USA in year 2009 where I witnessed with my own eyes the beginning of subprime lending in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, San Francisco & how it hit the world like a tornado 8 - 9 years later when Lehman Brothers' collapsed.

The seeds of destruction were sown in a time of fleeting man made prosperity.

To be continued..

Posted by sarifahselinder > 2015-04-05 13:14 | Report Abuse

Huh yang Calvin ni yand sifu.. bagi jawapan

Calvin, sayang u... sambung cepak ya muack muack

Posted by sarifahselinder > 2015-04-05 13:14 | Report Abuse

Yang lain u flag la flag la Tak guna betul

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2015-04-05 14:00 | Report Abuse

Posted by sarifahselinder > Apr 5, 2015 12:26 PM | Report Abuse

Oii bunch of senile old timers, sudah la rindukan rindukan the past lebih baik look into the future

Macam mana.. When will the next crash come?? How bad will it be??

Dah lama I post no answers je

Kennedy said "we celebrate the past to awaken the future." History is a passion, an intellectual discipline and a vital element of learning, how can we improve the future if we do not understand the past...

As for your questions:

1) Nobody owes you anything. If someone gives you something, be thankful to that. But nobody owes you nothing.

2)Your questions are best answered by snake oil salesmen, not me.

3) Your questions show the level of naivety you have about the market. It is good that if you can ask nicely. Maybe someone is kind enough to answer you.

But still I doubt anyone can give an answer in certain term.

Oh yeah, if you do spend some time and effort to read and understand the posts, I believe you will learn a lot and will be well prepared to invest in the market.

Of course this is my own opinion on my own articles. Not counted.

Posted by sarifahselinder > 2015-04-05 14:07 | Report Abuse

I tak tahu la I lagi baca lagi worry but dont know when the next big crash will come.

U tahu what I m saying tak... u buat I risau by saying price jatuh 80% in 6 months that kind of things but never tell how to see the signs how to get ready

Bikin takut je

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2015-04-05 14:13 | Report Abuse

Posted by sarifahselinder > Apr 5, 2015 02:07 PM | Report Abuse

I tak tahu la I lagi baca lagi worry but dont know when the next big crash will come.

U tahu what I m saying tak... u buat I risau by saying price jatuh 80% in 6 months that kind of things but never tell how to see the signs how to get ready

Bikin takut je

Sorry, you baca tapi tak tapi the full message behind. Never mind, if you are interested, I can post another one to "draw the legs of the snakes" for you to see. Tapi satu post lagi oh. Boleh tahan tak?

Posted by sarifahselinder > 2015-04-05 14:19 | Report Abuse

Post la tolong post la I dah baca 4 parts.. satu lagi satu lagi la

Posted by sarifahselinder > 2015-04-05 14:21 | Report Abuse

Dulu kan I ask nicely??

Posted by sarifahselinder > Apr 3, 2015 08:42 PM | Report Abuse X

Posted by sarifahselinder > 2015-04-05 14:30 | Report Abuse

next post kalau bolih message kasi terus terang. Jangan buat hidden message ok.. takut nanti I baca baca lagi kepala sakit and risau lagi

limchimleong

1,732 posts

Posted by limchimleong > 2015-04-05 16:36 | Report Abuse

老兄一片苦心,感谢了!

Posted by LangeSohneGlashutte > 2015-04-10 11:28 | Report Abuse

Sarifah... it is not matter of when or how hard or how long will the crash be..but it is matter of your own investment discipline and principle...and if you are already feeling takut after reading kc's post, it is a good thing to feel when other people are greedy, overly bullish and fearless.

As long as you invest with good margin of safety, do your due diligence and avoid speculation ( well to time when the next big crash is some sort of speculation also)..you will do well and smile when the crash happen..even if it is tomorrow.

mrk2ca

106 posts

Posted by mrk2ca > 2015-04-10 11:39 | Report Abuse

Sarifah...you are doing investment or speculation??

Post a Comment
Market Buzz