4 people like this.

17 comment(s). Last comment by kcchongnz 2015-06-26 14:13

Posted by RonnieKimLondon > 2015-06-14 16:05 | Report Abuse

Mr Chong. You are not only a great investor but one of the most honest people around.

Thank you for sharing. God bless you and your family.

Bruce88

1,126 posts

Posted by Bruce88 > 2015-06-14 16:21 | Report Abuse

Not totally true ! Those TA traders knows where to cutloss /sell when trend changes. For example, Sell HAIO@$2.55, Alam@$1.40, Benelec@$1.20 etc.that's the beauty of using TA !

Tan KW

1,408 posts

Posted by Tan KW > 2015-06-14 17:33 | Report Abuse

- 冷眼 -

股票市场其实是一个江湖,江湖中的好汉,各显神通,在这湖里争金夺银,他们用来克敌致胜的方法,其实就是一种武器,在江湖的打斗中,难免腥风血雨,在股市这个江湖中,却是夺人财富,但兵不血刃,杀伤力之大,不在真刀真枪的江湖之下。

武林中所用的是十八般武器,股市江湖中所用的价值投资法、基本面法、图表、动力趋势法(Momentum)、投机、取巧、对敲、谣言诱敌、放假消息、求签、拜神、风水,甚至有人以太空梭的发射原理来预测股市趋势,所有这些方法归纳起来,只不过是藉以达到赚钱目标的武器。

方法(武器)花样这么多,究竟那一种方法最有把握?那一种最管用?

十八般武器,每一种都有其长处与短处。世上根本没有十全十美的武器,否则的话,所有的人都会采用该种武器,其他武器就自然而然的被淘汰了。至今十八般武器都仍存在,这一事实就说明了每一种武器都有可取之处。

但在股市这个江湖中,情况就不一样,尽管方法百出,而且不断的推陈出新,但能够经得起时间的考验、历百年而不衰的方法却不多。许多新的方法在开始阶级,都有特出的表现,但都如昙花一现,经过一段时间,就消声匿迹,再也没有人提起,至今硕果仅存,历久弥新的,也不过寥寥数种,而其中荦荦大端者,不外是基本面派和图表派。

究竟那一种方法最管用?其实视个人而定。就好像那一种武器最犀利,在很大的程度上取决於应用武器的人,以及他的功力的深浅。

在股市中人,每个的背景、所处的环境、教育程度、财力状况、个性、人性观、性格倾向、理财理念、风险承受程度、各各不同,投资方式,也就因人而异。适用于甲的,未必适用於乙,适用於中年人的,未必适用於青年人,所以,股票必须由自己去选,别人不能代你选,因为只有你自己才知道你所要的是怎么样的股票,别人越俎代庖,多数帮不上忙。

在三国演义中,即使是刘备、关羽、张飞这三个结义兄弟,所用武器亦各异。刘备用的是双股剑,关羽用的是八十二斤重的青龙偃月刀,而张飞用的是丈八点钢矛。很明显的,都是配合他们的体力而打造的,这样才能在“三英战吕布”的这场惊天动地的厮杀中,配合得天衣无缝。

同样的,在股市中,你必须检讨你自己,了解你自己的个性、财力状况、处事作风、风险承担程度等等,然后据此制订最适合你采用的投资方法。如果你的方法,长期为你创造财富,就证明你已选对方法,走对了路,就应该择善而固执,坚持下去,不可见此山望那山,中途改弦易辙。

http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/newcoldeye/17350.jsp

ks55

3,497 posts

Posted by ks55 > 2015-06-14 17:40 | Report Abuse

Suffice to say, buy stocks based on FA will be a good defense at the current investing environment, taking into consideration:-

1. Local political instability, 1MDB and PFI issues, depreciating ringgit, low oil price, inflation, impending toll hike, housing glut, potential interest rate hike....

2. Greece financial crisis, Greek default, Grexit, ramification on Grexit...

3. Effect of FED rate hike on Malaysia (may be Jun, Sept or later, but is definite).

4. Market prophecies:
4.1 World market crash 2015 - Jim Rickards https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le73sWDlhz4
4.2 Warning: Stocks Will Collapse by 50% http://www.moneynews.com/MKTNewsIntl/stock-market-crash-warren-buffett-indicator/2014/10/03/id/598461/?dkt_nbr=ufos34vz&utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=referral

I opine FA give you line of defense, so you know at what price constitute good buy.
TA provide you action plan, when to become 'offensive', or take necessary action.

勇者 创造机会
智者 把握机会
愚者 找不到机会 喪失机会
絕望者 永遠沒有机会

Posted by arkadion8 > 2015-06-14 21:36 | Report Abuse

每个人都有不同的规划和目标,有不同的企图心,也有不同的对待投资和生活的态度。都是没有对错的,但是无论如何,一定要清楚自己的内心。

Posted by Horsefield > 2015-06-14 23:48 | Report Abuse

I doubt KFima not a FA stocks..

Gheekong

132 posts

Posted by Gheekong > 2015-06-15 02:29 | Report Abuse

Mr. Chong, TA is an extension of FA. FA + human behavior = TA.
TA works as FA has been taken into account without you realizing it.
You chase after a stock in the short term because the fundamentals of this stock have been considered good, but as the price of the stock appreciate the risks increase too. Human behavior is open to manipulation that is why it is far more difficult to predict in the short term. ( not to mention the limitations of both FA and TA and all the others external factors high lighted by ks55) Some investors will use their business experience to do some forward thinking to decide where a company is heading before they invest in the company. There are no hard and fast rules but it is best if you have taken everything into consideration before you invest. We use all available tools to reduce our risks in order to have an educated guess. It is not an easy thing to do that is why most of us have a normal job.
I enjoy reading your write up. Thank you for taking the time to educate the public. Very decent of you to do so.

ks55

3,497 posts

Posted by ks55 > 2015-06-15 15:59 | Report Abuse

Europe's main stock markets sank at the start of trading on Monday as fears of a Greek euro exit intensified after talks with creditors collapsed.

Negotiations between Greece and its creditors broke down in less than an hour on Sunday, with each side blaming the other's refusal to back down on certain issues.

"They came with their hands in their pockets," a furious EU source close to the negotiations told AFP, while one Greek official described the creditors' demands as "irrational".

So which Greece confirmed dead now, what else can you expect from Bursa Malaysia??

ks55

3,497 posts

Posted by ks55 > 2015-06-15 16:10 | Report Abuse

Greek jitters upset US, European stock markets. Now with Greece confirmed dead, tonight Down Jones will crash.

Market prophecies:

1 World market crash 2015 - Jim Rickards https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le73sWDlhz4

2 Warning: Stocks Will Collapse by 50% http://www.moneynews.com/MKTNewsIntl/stock-market-crash-warren-buffett-indicator/2014/10/03/id/598461/?dkt_nbr=ufos34vz&utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=referral

Will it materialize this time ??
Are you prepared ??
Are you having spare cash ??
Are you having guts to take this opportunity to make money ??
But whether make or break depends on your buying strategy........
Good luck........

Ny036

714 posts

Posted by Ny036 > 2015-06-15 16:13 | Report Abuse

Thanks ks55 for the sharing. Will keep watching.

soojinhou

869 posts

Posted by soojinhou > 2015-06-15 16:18 | Report Abuse

In my opinion, both tools are contradictory. You buy using FA because stock is cheap, you buy using TA because stock has gone up, making it expensive. It's fine in a bull market when after stock has gone up, it is still likely to go up some more, thereby validating claims that TA+FA works. How about in a bear market, where stocks drop over an extended period of time where false breakouts are aplenty? Would anyone dare to claim TA+FA works in a bear market? Both methods are inherently contradictory, let's see if those who sing praises of FA+TA dare to fish at the bottom.

ks55

3,497 posts

Posted by ks55 > 2015-06-15 16:48 | Report Abuse

What is FA? Fundamental Analysis. What constitute FA? Is it just study how good the company is? Is it just study whether it is going to make more money? Is it merely talk about FCF?

What is TA? Technical Analysis. Is it just buying when sufficient volume has build up? Is it just based on price changes? Is it just trading vide volume alert/ How about exit?

I am no sifu, but most of the time (in fact, all the time) make money over time frame of one year.........

Now is the time to check you are sifu or otherwise.
No hard feeling to all FA and TA sifu, please.........

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2015-06-15 17:03 | Report Abuse

ks55,

FA and TA are the two major investment techniques, or may be the only two in investing. Strange that you asked. No, FA is much more than what you have mentioned. Although I don't know much about TA, but I think it is also much more than what you have mentioned.

Is making money every year such a great feat? In the long term, the total return of mature markets has been about 10%, maybe a little less in recent years. So just making money in the stock market doesn't seem to be that great to me.

The article here did show you some good returns as compared to the broad market in the last few years, didn't it? At least here is not pure talk, but with published records.

Posted by ks55 > Jun 15, 2015 04:48 PM | Report Abuse

What is FA? Fundamental Analysis. What constitute FA? Is it just study how good the company is? Is it just study whether it is going to make more money? Is it merely talk about FCF?

What is TA? Technical Analysis. Is it just buying when sufficient volume has build up? Is it just based on price changes? Is it just trading vide volume alert/ How about exit?

I am no sifu, but most of the time (in fact, all the time) make money over time frame of one year.........

Now is the time to check you are sifu or otherwise.
No hard feeling to all FA and TA sifu, please.........

ks55

3,497 posts

Posted by ks55 > 2015-06-15 17:34 | Report Abuse

Sorry lah kcchongnz. Not my intention to hurt anybody's feeling, just want to make everybody aware the risk and opportunity in stock market.

I am already retired. I play safe. Mostly in REITs.

生平無大志 只求八巴仙
不求有大功 只求無大過

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2015-06-15 17:35 | Report Abuse

生平無大志 只求八巴仙
不求有大功 只求無大過

ks55,

I always like your above statement. That is my main philosophy too.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2015-06-26 14:13 | Report Abuse

> From: "Phillip Capital Management Sdn Bhd" <pcm_investment@poems.com.my>
> Date: 25 June 2015 06:17:51 pm GMT+8
> Subject: To Pick or To Time - Which is More Profitable?
> Reply-To: "Phillip Capital Management Sdn Bhd" <pcm@poems.com.my>
>
> Dear Investor
>
> Timing is important but it is very difficult to master. Trading based on timing is more suitable for those who are disciplined, can take occasional losses and no regret if they are wrong. Unfortunately, most people cannot overcome these behavioral shortcomings. If you cannot control these emotions, timing the market could end up being a worse strategy.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Phillip Capital Management Sdn Bhd
> 25 June 2015

Post a Comment
Market Buzz