1,356 posts

Posted by Ricky Kiat > 2015-12-04 17:18 | Report Abuse

good sharing

calvintaneng

53,331 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2015-12-04 17:18 |

Post removed.Why?

Posted by spermwhale > 2015-12-04 17:27 | Report Abuse

Well said Calvin It makes his intension less noble. Same like your selection of stocks. We know some of the stocks are under value. How many of us can lock up those cold stocks while not participating in the general stock euphoria of the time?

JT Yeo

1,637 posts

Posted by JT Yeo > 2015-12-04 17:42 | Report Abuse

I respect his golden rule alright. But the hard fact is that this will only work with stocks with very low expectation. Example a stock like Hartalega or Ecoworld, with so much expectation built into the price, yoy profit growth does not necessary translate into share price increase. Johotin is a great example that expectation outpace profit growth.

Therefore, the contrarian rule comes in. How many contrarian in Malaysia? 1% perhaps. But that is not the key point. The key is the fact that it is never easy to find low expectation stocks that can surprise the market, where a profit growth will cause the share price to go up many times. Put it another way, given everyone has access to annual reports and public news, it is never easy to uncover something most people dont know, unless you have superior insight, or you have to turn over many stones.

To take the unconventional path, the contrarian, the lonely road, the action that looks so wrong in the first place, to zig when ppl zag, there lies where most money is. You need to be right too. This, I believe, is the principle behind the golden rule.

Posted by spermwhale > 2015-12-04 17:49 | Report Abuse

What is the difference between him and other manipulators of the market? Except that the stock chosen is a good fundamental stock ? By calculating the free float of the stock, the amount of money he pumped in is enough to move it. When the stock becomes active and the price goes up it gets notice and the crowd joins in.

Posted by BearbearDrop > 2015-12-04 17:57 | Report Abuse

Calvin research is proven better than ego boosting super investor

wwwcomment

448 posts

Posted by wwwcomment > 2015-12-04 17:58 | Report Abuse

So wealthy

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-12-04 18:00 | Report Abuse

Koon + OTB formula seems to b working well......one got money one got followers

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-12-04 18:02 | Report Abuse

Follow the wind....so far most people r happy following them....who complaint??

GODinvest

377 posts

Posted by GODinvest > 2015-12-04 18:03 | Report Abuse

Calvin you are arealy very strong in investing , and when you select stocks rise , pls go see other stock rise how many % first 。 ahahahaha

Posted by BearbearDrop > 2015-12-04 18:06 | Report Abuse

Calvin research on Ajiya the price go up and making 9000% gain within 3 years
Supermax another excellent example
Super took private
And many more

i4investor

2,797 posts

Posted by i4investor > 2015-12-04 18:32 | Report Abuse

"Koon’s share selection golden rule: the company must be able to make more profit this year than last year as shown in their recent quarterly result. When the increased profit is announced the share price will surely go up."

I think no need to say, everyone know this, like mother is female.

this is information world, Koon make good profit because he got good connection to the company owner, he can get the information as earlier as we're before the Bursa PUBLIC announcement. That's it, nothing special for him. So, no need keep introducing.

hissyu2

868 posts

Posted by hissyu2 > 2015-12-04 18:37 | Report Abuse

lol... i thought he just recommended HHGROUP and johotin which just announced a weaker rev+weaker profit qtr report? did i see wrongly?

hissyu2

868 posts

Posted by hissyu2 > 2015-12-04 18:39 | Report Abuse

Koon’s share selection golden rule: the company must be able to make more profit this year than last year as shown in their recent quarterly result.

then is see yearly or quarterly result leh?

theJedi

65 posts

Posted by theJedi > 2015-12-04 18:51 | Report Abuse

what Calvin said resonates well with me

2centsense

1,196 posts

Posted by 2centsense > 2015-12-04 18:53 | Report Abuse

Greed is the real killer in anything to do with money. Not people. Not someone's idea. Not someone's advice. Not someone's recommendation. An emperor has his own kingdom and has enemies and friends from other kingdoms. His fame can be a blessing for some or a curse to others. I guess Emperor Koon has mastered the art of not been greedy, or in his case not too greedy; not only surviving but prospering as well. In the money market, the objective is to make money. Everyone will have their plans; so be respectful to those who achieve it. You need greedy losers to pay the smart winners. Be a teacher in this forum but be teachable too.

pharker

1,081 posts

Posted by pharker > 2015-12-04 19:13 | Report Abuse

I am not a fanboy of KYY but you need to view his recommendation or approach with a practical perspective

KYY. like all investor, has the objective to maximise his return on investment.

If he were to publicise his entry before he buys, then he would have bought at a higher price and likewise announce his intention to exit before he sells, then he could potentially sell at a lower price - which will be contrary to the objective of maximising return . In that case you might as well ask him to bank in money directly to your bank account. In fact no investment guru or advisor would tell you which stock they will buy / sell before they actually do it

Anyway, just appreciate his methodology of selecting stock and view his recommendation with a realistic and practical mind. Didn't he always end with "buy at your own risk", and sometimes even declared upfront that he has some substantial stake so that you can make your own judgement.

Again I have to admit, I made some and lose some from his recommendations, but out of all this, learn a hell lot on investment and stock selection.

timetokoon

305 posts

Posted by timetokoon > 2015-12-04 19:32 | Report Abuse

The following shares comply with my share selection golden rule.

Can One 1st Q. 10 sen, 2nd Q. 14.77 and 3 rd Q. 14.28 EPS selling at Rm 4.35

Focus Lumber 1st Q. 3.22 sen, 2nd Q. 7.80, 3rd Q. 9.35 EPS selling at Rm 2.90,

Thong Guan 1st Q 4.4 sen 2nd Q 6.75 , 3rd Q 10.70 sen EPS, selling Rm 2.65

Mieco Chipboard 1st Q 1.53, 2ndQ 3.21, 3rd Q 2.94 sen EPS, selling Rm 1.10

pisanggoreng

1,065 posts

Posted by pisanggoreng > 2015-12-04 19:32 | Report Abuse

pharker,

I can see your effort to be objective in your comment, that is undeniable, that is a praise worthy attitude, I like it
but you are wrong .
do you want to know?
if you ask , I will share
but the outcome can be, I may be wrong instead,
then you can correct me and I learnt.
ok?

Posted by harithkarim > 2015-12-04 19:39 |

Post removed.Why?

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2015-12-04 19:48 | Report Abuse

This thread will soon become pasar malam

I bought pop corn already

timetokoon

305 posts

Posted by timetokoon > 2015-12-04 19:51 | Report Abuse

Ah Koon sold when he ask you to buy.

Posted by Koon Yew Yin > August 30, 2015
Unfortunately, CPO price started to fall in June or July 2014 when JT price went up above Rm 2.70. As I said before you must not hesitate to sell when the reason to buy is no longer valid. Of course I sold as quickly as I could.

Posted by Koon Yew Yin > Jul 7, 2014 10:06 AM | Report Abuse

Lohman, I appreciate and understand your comment. My main object in saying that I bought large amount of Jaya Tiasa and Mudajaya is to show my confidence in them, although it may sound like bragging. Can you imagine what the readers will say when the price of these 2 counters come down after I boasted? I will have to find a place to hid

JT Yeo

1,637 posts

Posted by JT Yeo > 2015-12-04 19:51 | Report Abuse

Allan Yeoh, no offense, surely in 4 years you have learn more about KYY then most people and probably mastered the golden rule, just curious why you are still working as a remisier? Altho im sure you will be getting plenty of commission but wont it be better off just be full time investor since uve probably master the golden rule already

timetokoon

305 posts

Posted by timetokoon > 2015-12-04 19:54 | Report Abuse

Koon Koon last time said JTiasa his largest holding

Lohman, I appreciate and understand your comment. My main object in saying that I bought large amount of Jaya Tiasa and Mudajaya is to show my confidence in them, although it may sound like bragging. Can you imagine what the readers will say when the price of these 2 counters come down after I boasted? I will have to find a place to hide

How come now he sold them

Posted by Koon Yew Yin > August 30, 2015
Unfortunately, CPO price started to fall in June or July 2014 when JT price went up above Rm 2.70. As I said before you must not hesitate to sell when the reason to buy is no longer valid. Of course I sold as quickly as I could.

maxkiller

35 posts

Posted by maxkiller > 2015-12-04 19:55 | Report Abuse

what is his biggest loss? in which stock?

timetokoon

305 posts

Posted by timetokoon > 2015-12-04 19:56 | Report Abuse

Return so far

Mudajaya : -61.13%
Jtiasa : -56.76%

Lohman, I appreciate and understand your comment. My main object in saying that I bought large amount of Jaya Tiasa and Mudajaya is to show my confidence in them, although it may sound like bragging. Can you imagine what the readers will say when the price of these 2 counters come down after I boasted? I will have to find place to hide

lloydlim

3,921 posts

Posted by lloydlim > 2015-12-04 20:10 | Report Abuse

KYY like buy high sell higher!

Posted by BearbearDrop > 2015-12-04 20:16 | Report Abuse

There is three way to punting market
What make your method more appealing than other methods?
Calvin method is proven most powerful in this universe
And also Johor buddies is very richer than you

2centsense

1,196 posts

Posted by 2centsense > 2015-12-04 20:27 | Report Abuse

The epic saga of the three kingddoms, emperor, his nemesis and bystander....ha..ha..ha

timetokoon

305 posts

Posted by timetokoon > 2015-12-04 20:29 | Report Abuse

Does Koon Koon stock selection works? Allan Koon Koon

Return so far

Mudajaya : -61.13%
Jtiasa : -56.76%

Price Jul 7, 2014
Mudajaya: 2.65
JTiasa : 2.66

Price yesterday
Mudajaya : 1.12
Jtiasa :1.19

Lohman, I appreciate and understand your comment. My main object in saying that I bought large amount of Jaya Tiasa and Mudajaya is to show my confidence in them, although it may sound like bragging. Can you imagine what the readers will say when the price of these 2 counters come down after I boasted? I will have to find place to hide

Tom

2,984 posts

Posted by Tom > 2015-12-04 20:55 | Report Abuse

Allan Yeoh: I am not here to blow his trumpet

yes la, you are here to blow his tuba only

Posted by BearbearDrop > 2015-12-04 21:25 | Report Abuse

The best method so far to make money is margin call
Everyone is called to margin force sell
The one who survive the call is the winner
Let's hope the share price to go down further
Panic seller will make the loss and the last standing men is laughing to the bank

Posted by gohchinlim > 2015-12-04 22:35 | Report Abuse

Share market is like that one lah, the winner always take the leads, one willing to beat, the other one willing to suffer. It a fair game, when we made money , we don't reward kyy, when incurred loss, we have to face it, desist.

joe2703

123 posts

Posted by joe2703 > 2015-12-04 23:37 | Report Abuse

gohchinlim, agree with you! There is no one to blame but ourselves when we didn't do the homework and study the company! We made money we kept quiet and when we loss we blamed others. We are always right! It's their fault, cause they gave us wrong info! And you call yourself an investor? LOL! Investor ? Really ? LOL!!!!

Posted by BearbearDrop > 2015-12-05 00:11 | Report Abuse

Price go up too fast
It is normal for the price to go down fast too
Because money must equal
Share price don't pop out from thin air and it need to be equalled to its value by go back to zero
It is zero sum after all

gkheng

135 posts

Posted by gkheng > 2015-12-05 00:32 | Report Abuse

this world is very cruel; if u got money, u r all correct. else u r just like shxt. Who got more money now?

Posted by BearbearDrop > 2015-12-05 01:14 | Report Abuse

It feel good to make money from loser
The best way is buy low and ask someone else to buy at higher price while you selling yours
What is next they will be forced to sell lower
Buy from them at lower then repeat the cycle again

Posted by BearbearDrop > 2015-12-05 01:19 | Report Abuse

Investing 101 : buy low sell high
Calvin is greatest of all super investor
And also low profile
There is no need to go around boosting how much money has been made
Do you see Mark or Bill or Zack go around and boosting their life?

Posted by BearbearDrop > 2015-12-05 01:26 | Report Abuse

I will prefer penny stock because it is so cheap it only need few cent to buy them I will then sold it for few ringgit
I can easily make few ten fold of money
Why would someone buy a high price stock and expect it from few ringgit go up to few hundreds before sold them?

bcllct

24 posts

Posted by bcllct > 2015-12-05 01:29 | Report Abuse

wow! from 10.5M in 2011 to 117M in 2015, that is more than 11X in 5 years.
I am thinking aloud how much of the performance is due to the so called "star effect".
I cant help wonder if he would never let people know the particular stocks he buy and never say how good they are will the results be as good??
I meant no offence with my comments to Mr.Koon indeed I have high respect for Mr. Koon in particular about his philanthropic deeds.
I am just being skeptical as a normal reaction for e.g. when we read a book.

best regards

GODinvest

377 posts

Posted by GODinvest > 2015-12-05 01:31 | Report Abuse

Is sad to see the comment , that why good man hard to do 。despite uncle koon lose in mudajaya , kaya tiasa , xing quan. . I still belive uncle is a best investor in Malaysia and a good old man .

tjhldg

27,218 posts

Posted by tjhldg > 2015-12-05 01:37 | Report Abuse

sien

Johnnys

759 posts

Posted by Johnnys > 2015-12-05 07:53 | Report Abuse

KYY is good, I respect him. The most importance is sell when company y/y profit cannot Grow, like Jtia, Mudajaya.

chan9301

307 posts

Posted by chan9301 > 2015-12-05 09:33 | Report Abuse

One of the basic shares speculation and investment thoughts is "who is the bigger fool theory". What you have profited , some bigger fools lost them to you. The last person to hold the shares at high price just before their prices decline, are the bigger fools. Happy trading where ever you are. cheers.

kakashit

1,472 posts

Posted by kakashit > 2015-12-05 09:50 | Report Abuse

食住个势,bring ppl to Holland again

Kevin Wong

416 posts

Posted by Kevin Wong > 2015-12-05 10:08 | Report Abuse

impressive result for investment period of less than 5 years, just imagine what kind of $$$ over the last 20years...
Congratulations Mr KYY!

soon9913

2,508 posts

Posted by soon9913 > 2015-12-05 10:41 | Report Abuse

Only incompetent ppl will keep critising successful ppl

bgt9989

40 posts

Posted by bgt9989 > 2015-12-05 10:54 | Report Abuse

KYY ,i salute you.Read all your artical.To all the losers,he dont owe all of you a living.He is a master of Sun Tze-the art of war..

pisanggoreng

1,065 posts

Posted by pisanggoreng > 2015-12-05 11:06 | Report Abuse

MR Koonyewyin,

you must read my comment again and again to absolve all the fact as mentioned.

did I mention anything about Jaya Tiasa or Mudajaya ?

http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/koonyewyinblog/87588.jsp

1. I just want to say your money is very powerful we can tumpang to make a small fortune

2. you sincerely want to share your successful story, but it is definite not your so called golden rules that work, it is your gold that work

3. may be your intention is good , but do you know the timing and the way you put it can cause a lot of harms instead to those who do not use their brain to think logically

4. why you want to declare what are the shares that you are owning a lot ? are you not worry or scare your fans may follow blindly? do you tell us the MOS if we follow at the time you declared ?

5. please lah..., you are no ordinary man, a successful business man, a philanthropist, a renown social activist and many more. isn't it absurd to do something that can be viewed as " ada udang di sebalik batu"

6. I like you and I respect you for your good deeds to the society , but I am sad that you can be that naif to do something that unmatched with your status

7. I understand sometimes it can be quite difficult not to share one's successful story that has no correlation with any future outcomes , may I suggest why not use a nickname like pisanggoreng, nasi lemak, teh tarik..... at least things go against our will, KOONYEWYIN still maintained as a person to be well respected .

Post a Comment
Market Buzz