265 comment(s). Last comment by paperplane2016 2016-02-15 23:27

Koon Bee

325 posts

Posted by Koon Bee > 2015-12-18 20:56 | Report Abuse

Promote

soros228

2,032 posts

Posted by soros228 > 2015-12-18 21:09 | Report Abuse

Icon Sifu, can I have your email address ?
My Sincere request Sifu.

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-12-18 21:11 | Report Abuse

Icon8888 should consider to charge rm96 for his tips....

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-12-18 21:14 | Report Abuse

Haha...i paid for yr tips on susu tin oredi...i donated rm500 to somebody who needs help....

Koon Bee

325 posts

Posted by Koon Bee > 2015-12-18 21:17 | Report Abuse

Posted by Koon Bee > Dec 18, 2015 08:50 PM | Report Abuse X

Calvin Tan ask people buy mulpha at 0.48...now all people hate him loh

Koon Bee
186 posts
Posted by Koon Bee > Dec 18, 2015 08:52 PM | Report Abuse X

He sure will come out to say this mulpha iskandar related, asset play etc la...all his story zzz and many people loss their panty because of his over promote and not sincere...if u want gain back what u loss, pls follow my new sifu icon8888 call buy. His call comcorp today up 70%.

ONG KOON BEE

Koon Bee
186 posts
Posted by Koon Bee > Dec 18, 2015 09:07 PM | Report Abuse X

Calvintaneng, come out say something please...all ppl that stuck here are waiting your answer

Koon Bee
186 posts
Posted by Koon Bee > Dec 18, 2015 09:10 PM | Report Abuse X

Not only mulpha buyer, bjcorp, pmcorp etc buyer all are waiting for you to gv a good explaination

Koon Bee
186 posts
Posted by Koon Bee > Dec 18, 2015 09:14 PM | Report Abuse X

Dont just hide inside spore..be a man please...you hv 2 option:
1) admit mistake and apologize u over promote these 3 counters
2) participate in 2016 challenges

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-12-18 21:17 | Report Abuse

Good...earns more donates more

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-12-18 21:35 | Report Abuse

Ezra feng shui master ah?if thats true i hv to eat roti kosong for few more years....sigh..what kk123 said is true...

Posted by Ezra_Investor > 2015-12-18 21:37 | Report Abuse

Feng Shui master no lah, haha.
It's a saying I heard from some of them. Not sure how true, that's why I asked Icon8888 just now to check just now.

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-12-18 21:39 | Report Abuse

Then no choice but to tumpang my nasib on KB8888 systems....

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-12-18 21:40 | Report Abuse

If u r not Ong....join the Ong people....

Posted by Ezra_Investor > 2015-12-18 22:03 | Report Abuse

Haha, you are right! Damn smart murali!
There's a saying: "If you can't beat them, join them."

murali

5,723 posts

Posted by murali > 2015-12-18 22:08 | Report Abuse

I learnt this from the famous HK TV series 'The Greed Of Man'...that's how low chin wan managed to beat Ding Hai down at the end....

Posted by Ezra_Investor > 2015-12-18 22:10 | Report Abuse

Another 大時代 fans? Haha, cheers.

Koon Bee

325 posts

Posted by Koon Bee > 2015-12-18 22:15 | Report Abuse

Calvin tan best even in his life call buy is GSB...he call buy last year at 0.11 and today still 0.11...the rest of other his call like pmcorp, bjcorp, mui, mulpha etc all drop minimal 50%

Koon Bee

325 posts

Posted by Koon Bee > 2015-12-18 23:15 | Report Abuse

Icon..can u search on more detail of comcorp debt? Last 2 Q still at 1400 mil and now only have 96 mil mean paid off of 44 mil in 3 months?

Koon Bee

325 posts

Posted by Koon Bee > 2015-12-18 23:19 | Report Abuse

Icon...their cash last 2Q only 40 mil now 42 mil mean they raise cash 2 mil + 44 mil = 46 mil in 3 mths?

Koon Bee

325 posts

Posted by Koon Bee > 2015-12-18 23:20 | Report Abuse

If this is true, the company is real good to invest longer term

kk123

1,964 posts

Posted by kk123 > 2015-12-19 01:00 | Report Abuse

Lousy analysis and lousy company
The only thing i can say is this another analysis to trap retailers
The debt of this company $96 million
Only one quarter of smallish profit of RM1.9 mil which icon term is as "baloon " profit
Is 1.9 million profit a lot ?
The debt 90 over million need long time to pay
As usual expect monday the counter suddenly reverse and after that volume will die down and retailers who enter late - will be caught ..sad to say - becareful of any blog writer like icon , bone,koon and otb
Their entry price is much lower
Their purpose is only to make money
Their analysis is poor and overlook many facts ! They will usually picture crap co like this as if its tenaga maybank or telekom when the company only report just a tiny 1.9 million profit(next qtr not sure if can make $1m profit also)- icon will use the word baloon as though its 1.9 billion profit
This post is meant well -to warn those newbies not to fall into their trap..
I am sure icon and gang has cashout...

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2015-12-19 05:15 | Report Abuse

Cynicism is the biggest stumbling block to success

I bought at 43.5 sen this morning, haven't sold a single share

I am very disappointed with you. Met you at johoretin, thought you are somebody that make sense

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2015-12-19 05:51 | Report Abuse

(a) 1.9 mil not a lot for Tenaga, but was a lot for a company with 140 mil shares trading at 30 sen plus. So there is nothing wrong with the term "balloon"

(b) I wrote about this stock not because they made 1.9 mil. I wrote because they made 4.9 mil and forward PE can potentially be very low. Did you notice that or not ?

(c) Net debt is only 50 mil plus (after factoring in cash). This is an asset light technology company. They don't capex much. So the cash are real free cash, not something that can be seen but cannot touch

(d) don't be deterred by the borrowings, they are legacy issue. The group has entered a weak RM operating environment, which is conducive for fat profit margin. This will facilitate quick degearing. Just look at Hevea, it is a beautiful process. We buy stocks based on the future, not the past. Such a simple fact, I thought I no need to explain to you

(e) I don't pump and dump. I bought Poh Huat at 1.30 before bonus. It is now 4.25 (bonus into 2 shares of 1.90, plus 0.5 free warrant of 90 sen). The same thing happened to many of other export stocks I bought. What for I sell Comintel for a one day gain ? Unlike you, I have seen big money before. So I aim big

(f) nobody can guarantee whether the company will make good profit or not in the coming quarter, but the odd is good. In investing, nothing is 100% sure. If you don't dare to place a bet when risk and reward is in your favor, put your money in FD.

(g) The beauty of this stock is that it is so simple and easy to understand, I don't need to think much. I saw their result on Thursday night, joined the feeding frenzy on Friday morning at 43.5 sen, finished the article by the afternoon and published it. The stock was then 52 sen. It went up later to 64 sen. I didn't sell a single share. Very simplistic process, no hanky panky. What is the problem ?

soros228

2,032 posts

Posted by soros228 > 2015-12-19 07:59 | Report Abuse

Icon8888 well said. We love u. Your are our KLSE " The Last Mohigan ".

Daz Ng

587 posts

Posted by Daz Ng > 2015-12-19 08:03 | Report Abuse

Based on financial book analysis, this article is good! However, there are certain point to consider, 1) market share in terms of service offering, can they compete with other company based on their technology or machinery output & efficiency? 2) ceo/top managememt commitment to drive/propel the company to the next level, 3) any new development or strategic planning?

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2015-12-19 08:59 | Report Abuse

Yes there are many many other issues

This is completely natural for investmrnt

At the beginning of the year, I bought Poh Huat and also tong herr

Both also export stocks

Poh Huat really huat

TOng herr encounter one problem after another

That is life. Full of challenges. Only those that persevere will triump. Sucess is never guaranteed

kk123

1,964 posts

Posted by kk123 > 2015-12-19 09:08 | Report Abuse

The way the article derived the PE RATIO is also wrong. It takes the latest/best earning to annualised. This is a big assumption that next few 4 quarter will be the same as this quarter-which for tiny company like concorp may not be the case..their earnings are lumpy -refer to past result.
Usually the industry way is taking last 4 quarter eps 0.058/0.65= 9x~10x (fully valued!) ..(instead of the 3.7x that is being "pictured"- undervalued)
Here again i need to correct icon way of computing the pe ratio which is not correct.. he shld go back to school and take a course in finance or cfa or just look at how bloomberg calculate this which is base on industry practice..
While this may mislead the novice investor but those seasoned one will not fall for that trap..
I can point out a lot of other things but it will be waste of my time.
This post is for good intention, to highlight to newbies - dont just follow blindly.. blog writers has their own 'hidden' agenda.

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2015-12-19 09:28 | Report Abuse

So far I didn't make loss following his buy call,
I had made some money from Dolmite, Aji, RGB buy call and small money gain too.
Anyone shouldn't be complaining if they didn't loss any money.
It will be dangerous If he working with a big fund to reap some large sum of money in a short time, I think I will only buy with cautious and small amount. Making big return in a short period of time isn't my taste especially a upside of 80% overnight is enough to pull me away from buying it anymore within closed period.

lcwin

326 posts

Posted by lcwin > 2015-12-19 09:37 | Report Abuse

kk123 yes you are right in a way. Electronic sub manufacturing is very volatile and low margin business. Same goes for funitures exporter as well. Comintel is ripe for a trading play as USD/RM is very favorable. I don't make money now in the stock market is precisely for the same reason that all this exporters are not worthy of the price. The USD/RM exchange rate is very volatile either way as a lot of bad sentiment and governances issues haven't been resolved. Once our Boss find ways to legitimize his donations and do a few rounds of PR to pacifies malaysians USD/RM could turn rapidly. Boss need time to pusing pusing all the account detail to make it look good.
Anyway Icon8888 I think you give an interesting investing idea here. I guess everybody have an intention in mind when they post something so alway remember to counter check facts before investing. Nothing wrong in highlighting a stock to generate some interest!

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2015-12-19 09:53 | Report Abuse

kk123, There are many ways to calculate PER.

What you mentioned was Historical PER. What I presented in Comintel was prospective PER.

In Comintel's case, historical PER is not reflective of its latest earnings capacity. The Group's operating environment has experienced favourable structural changes (weak Ringgit boost profit margin). The latest quarter EPS is most reflective of its future earning capacity.

Usually I try to avoid unnecessary disputes (mostly from cynics like you) by disclosing both.

For example, in my Ajinomoto article, I presented both set of figures and then proceed to explain to the readers that they shouldn't bother too much about Historical PER but should instead focus on the prospective PER. Please refer below :-

" Based on 60.8 mil shares and RM7.20, Ajinomoto's market cap is RM438 mil. Based on past 12 months aggregate net profit of RM36.6 mil, historical PER is 12 times.

However, in my opinion, the latest two quarters of strong profit is more reflective of the group's earnings capacity in the latest operating environment. Based on annualised net profit of RM47.4 mil (being latest six months' net profit of RM23.7 mil x 2), PER is 9.2 times. "

I have been doing this in so many of my articles (Chee Wah, Teck Guan, etc) that sometime I think it is redundant to keep mentioning it (already such a well understood concept that most people would have already understood how it works).

But of course, for a cynic like you, you will never understand. For you, everybody is out there to screw somebody. Everything is a conspiracy.

Chinaboleh

687 posts

Posted by Chinaboleh > 2015-12-19 10:25 | Report Abuse

Why Comcorp tax so little ie 0.2 mil(2% tax rate), 0.1 mil past 3 qtrs. Will later IRB investigate?

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2015-12-19 10:26 | Report Abuse

The only thing I like the company is they make hard earned money by volumn sales and low profit margin
And with the big volumn sales, they make enough money to repay the bank loan this quarter and still left some pocket money for the company.
Why am I not getting happy if my money was working hard like a sweat shop by commercializing their product at low cost.
I had no idea if there would be drop in sales in the next few year, this will be my biggest concern

kk123

1,964 posts

Posted by kk123 > 2015-12-19 10:32 | Report Abuse

Icon. My intentions are good & correct. This is so that you can become a better blog writer.
If the company is big and stable like telekom maybank , nobody will dispute ur way of computing the forward PE.
Also when u write article , by right u shldnt also own shares in the same company.
This may bring up issues/perceptions like:
I)perhaps u are just trying to make quick profit out of it
Ii)collusion with syndicate to unload share for profit.somebody is paying u to write that article.
Iii)non disclosure of your holdings usually is already a breach of ethics and if later some investor loss money, it may become case of beaching regulations & since someone suffer losses it can also be criminal intent component-larceny. Its a zero sum game. If u win , someone will lose.
Going back to your article - i get very displeased when i see a lot of obvious holes and inaccuracy and wrong way to calculate simple things like PE ratio.
Whether this unorthodoxed way to compute has a hidden purpose in doing this - only you would know. The HIGHEST earnings was used, when no valid reason that next few quarters they may make similar profit.
And for ajinomoto, whereby their earnings are stable and not lumpy, nobody will question the way it was reported..but concorp is a totally different company..it has a regular history of loss making..
You have also admit to buying this share before hand at a lower price..
If monday this share drop and someone lose money , they will come look for you.
This may misled a lot of jr investor who upon reading the article , they will jump in like flocks of fresh chickens with polished neck, ready to be slaughtered..and syndicate & stockist are leveraging on these "nice article, nice stories" to do their kill.
This comment is for good intent..to point out obvious hole.

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2015-12-19 10:47 | Report Abuse

I bought at 0.52 if I loss I could at least point my finger to him
Btw I had no problem if I loss now because the money earned from Dolmite, Aji and RGB may enough to recover the potential loss incurred, bear in mind that do not get to greedy and buy within your capability, if the company isn't very good I will usually buy some small amount instead.

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2015-12-19 11:09 | Report Abuse

please refer to my comments
=======

Posted by kk123 > Dec 19, 2015 10:32 AM | Report Abuse

Icon. My intentions are good & correct. This is so that you can become a better blog writer.

(I don't think you are such an objective person. The way you treated murali in the johotin thread showed that you are small minded and vindictive)

If the company is big and stable like telekom maybank , nobody will dispute ur way of computing the forward PE.

(I don't see anything wrong according the same treatment to Comintel. Structural changes to operating environment provides unprecedented visibility to the group. I would argue that it is in better shape than your telekom and Maybank)

Also when u write article , by right u shldnt also own shares in the same company.

(This is purely your view, not a universally accepted norm. I don't see anything wrong owing shares that I write, as long as I don;t pump and dump. I have met people like you before, always adopt a high moral stance ON OTHER PEOPLE. When come to yourself, your standard will be much more relaxed (based on how you attacked murali in johotin))

This may bring up issues/perceptions like:
I)perhaps u are just trying to make quick profit out of it
Ii)collusion with syndicate to unload share for profit.somebody is paying u to write that article.
Iii)non disclosure of your holdings usually is already a breach of ethics and if later some investor loss money, it may become case of beaching regulations & since someone suffer losses it can also be criminal intent component-larceny. Its a zero sum game. If u win , someone will lose.

(I don't pump and dump. I don't collaborate with syndicate. However, I notice certain invisible hands like to play stocks that I wrote about. I have no ideas who they are and whether they are benign or manipulative)

Going back to your article - i get very displeased when i see a lot of obvious holes and inaccuracy and wrong way to calculate simple things like PE ratio.

(I have responded to all your "displeasure" in my previous few other commentaries. But I don't expect you to accept and understand them fully. You have right to adopt a different view. It is a free world. I am not your daddy)

Whether this unorthodoxed way to compute has a hidden purpose in doing this - only you would know.

(Like I say, if you are a cynic, everybody looked like a crook and every event looked like a conspiracy)

The HIGHEST earnings was used, when no valid reason that next few quarters they may make similar profit.

(I have explained that in my previous commentaries)

And for ajinomoto, whereby their earnings are stable and not lumpy, nobody will question the way it was reported..but concorp is a totally different company..it has a regular history of loss making..

(You are basing your investment decision on the past. I look ahead to try to see the future)

You have also admit to buying this share before hand at a lower price..
If monday this share drop and someone lose money , they will come look for you. This may misled a lot of jr investor who upon reading the article , they will jump in like flocks of fresh chickens with polished neck, ready to be slaughtered..and syndicate & stockist are leveraging on these "nice article, nice stories" to do their kill.

(I am a blogger. I am not your daddy. I don't cheat and manipulate my readers, but I don't have obligation to guarantee their capital either. If you cannot understand such a simple point, you shouldn't even be here)

This comment is for good intent..to point out obvious hole.

(I will response to your comments courteously if I believe you are acting in good faith. However, I have been witnessing how you attacked murali in johotin thread. So, it is kind of hard for me to believe that you have an objective mind)

soros228

2,032 posts

Posted by soros228 > 2015-12-19 11:10 | Report Abuse

Well Said Pls give bonus.

apini

1,440 posts

Posted by apini > 2015-12-19 11:47 | Report Abuse

kk123,

you are too demanding already

you know very well all the valuation , may it be historical or prospective is just a forecast, an estimation of the writer, why so fussy about who is right who is wrong

I believe most of the investors here are no novice, they know how to do their own evaluation before they decide to buy or sell.so there isn't anything misleading, it is your own decision. but if you are lazy , do not want to do your own home work, then who to blame ?

every investment need some luck, that's why no any super sifu here dare to guarantee your successes, including KCChong and OTB. But if you want sure win , then KYY is your choice, he has a golden rule that guarantee successes

I believe, ICON is sincere and truthful to share his hard works, in fact , we should be grateful to him because he have saved a lot of our time and troubles.

I am looking forward to your generous sharing of prospective good buys if you are not lazy

soros228

2,032 posts

Posted by soros228 > 2015-12-19 13:14 | Report Abuse

Well Said Apini & IK059.

kk123

1,964 posts

Posted by kk123 > 2015-12-19 15:21 | Report Abuse

Like i mention & again to summarized:
poor analysis & wrong/misleading way to calculate pe ratio
Painting a false picture. Pe shld be 9-10x instead of 3.7x(annualizing using highest profit).this is also not the usual way the research house calculate Pe ratio.
This inaccurate writing whether with malice or not- only icon knows.
He already admit he has share in concorp bought at low price.
This "nice/flowery" writing may trap lots of newbies.
if monday it goes down, i wont be the only one complain here
Again-my intentions are good - its to make all this so call blog writer to improve their writing & more importantly have ethics.
Since now their standards are low and even blind person can see their hidden agenda in promoting this lousy stock/company.

Ooi Teik Bee

11,005 posts

Posted by Ooi Teik Bee > 2015-12-19 15:37 |

Post removed.Why?

Ooi Teik Bee

11,005 posts

Posted by Ooi Teik Bee > 2015-12-19 15:50 |

Post removed.Why?

Posted by saddiqsepakraga > 2015-12-19 15:52 | Report Abuse

kk123, just wonder how is your darling stock KPSCB ? You sure have made tons of $$ ya..hehehe...

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2015-12-19 16:38 | Report Abuse

kl123, forum members nowadays very geng, they know how to do their maths

They chased the stock not because I said PER is 3.7 times

They chase because they saw two things in the article :
(1) EPS of 3.47 sen in latest quarter
(2) 100% manufacturing revenue based on USD

When they saw these two things, their supercomouter brain will finish calculation within one second to conclude that THIS IS WHAT THEY WANT

They didn't buy because Icon said this PER that PER

You underestimated my readers intelligence and financial literacy

As for newbies, you thought they stupid ah ? Many are better than you. Why ? Because they are not cynical like u

Ooi Teik Bee

11,005 posts

Posted by Ooi Teik Bee > 2015-12-19 16:50 | Report Abuse

The below are the result of 4 broker houses or institution :-
The edge - 32%
Maybank - 3%
Kenanga - 11%
Busy Weekly - 5%

I want to see on 31st December 2015, how many of winners in I3 2015 stock pick competition can beat them ?
Please do not underestimate the readers in I3, they are intelligent and smart. You cannot bluff them because they have a pair of sharp eyes. Please respect them and do not underestimate their intelligence.

Thank you.

Tkoklin

162 posts

Posted by Tkoklin > 2015-12-19 16:54 | Report Abuse

Talk cok again. Now only u all know true pic of icon?

confuse

570 posts

Posted by confuse > 2015-12-19 17:00 | Report Abuse

Why icon8888 pic look like old man? Is he that old? He said he no money to go to NZ(to visit his sifu KC Chong) despite making so much money in 2015. Again how true?

Posted by Tkoklin > Dec 19, 2015 04:54 PM | Report Abuse
Talk cok again. Now only u all know true pic of icon?

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2015-12-19 17:04 | Report Abuse

Why u doubt I old man ? My photo don't look old meh ?

Tkoklin

162 posts

Posted by Tkoklin > 2015-12-19 17:14 |

Post removed.Why?

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2015-12-19 17:22 | Report Abuse

I upset u a lot ? : )

jilohhuat

177 posts

Posted by jilohhuat > 2015-12-19 17:27 | Report Abuse

Old n wise

duitKWSPkita

26,756 posts

Posted by duitKWSPkita > 2015-12-19 17:39 | Report Abuse

Icon8888,

Dont upset with any negative comment. I believe you know we cant have ZERO enemy in anywhere................ The moment you treat them nicely ENEMY will become HAPPY FAMILY..........

I support you always... I like ur article always.....

I already show support LIKE you twice....... As a Local Authority this is what the best I can do for you. All my LIKEs ad given to you my steamed Tilapia bro.

Is time for you to write N2N......bye.
back to Malaysia now. Can kacau u more....

pls pls pls ignore should you find non constructive comments although accept negative comments is virtue

confuse

570 posts

Posted by confuse > 2015-12-19 17:40 | Report Abuse

No u gud man. Why Media Prima cannot up like Comcorp?

Posted by Icon8888 > Dec 19, 2015 05:22 PM | Report Abuse
I upset u a lot ? : )

duitKWSPkita

26,756 posts

Posted by duitKWSPkita > 2015-12-19 17:42 | Report Abuse

Mr. Confuse..

Can I try??? I think Media Prima no surge because like our DPM Zahid Ahamd said all media like to twist here twist there....so no up lo...

I dunno U can accept my silly kindergarten answer but I tried my best ad.... paiseh paiseh

Post a Comment
Market Buzz