21 people like this.

45 comment(s). Last comment by kcchongnz 2016-01-08 16:55

CCCL

621 posts

Posted by CCCL > 2016-01-02 20:43 | Report Abuse

10 appetizers for the start of 2016! Good reminder. Know what you buy and sell what you know. Happy New Year KC.

Posted by Humpreyliew > 2016-01-02 20:55 | Report Abuse

Why is KC Chong keep repeating same article but different title only. So boring.
http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/kcchongnz/83399.jsp
http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/kcchongnz/86227.jsp

Posted by donfollowblindly > 2016-01-02 21:09 | Report Abuse

Humpreyliew I agree with you. If KC Chong so good and always make high return as he "claim" he must be very rich. Why still want people to join his course for "a fee". He should give it free like KYY and even donate some of his wealth.

Posted by Hierarch Artanis > 2016-01-02 21:42 | Report Abuse

If you're good at something, never do it for free.

leno

6,123 posts

Posted by leno > 2016-01-02 21:50 | Report Abuse

hahahah ... who want to join my course ? it is not free ... i will pay u money to join my course.

BINTANG

1,065 posts

Posted by BINTANG > 2016-01-02 22:30 | Report Abuse

Right medicine is always bitter

Good advices is always unheard

Your grandmother doesn't like to tell you many times

But you never learnt

You father never feel bored to tell you the right things

But you always think you are better than you father

Kukuman

2,118 posts

Posted by Kukuman > 2016-01-02 22:48 | Report Abuse

What is he talking! people already saying it is a trading buy calling on knm. it means trade at your own risk. what a cock talking and spinning !

[ Characteristic 8 Favorites of analysts’ coverage
"KNM is currently trading at FY16 PER of 7.7x, at 41% discount to average Malaysia O&G PER of 13x. KNM share price has retraced to a bargain hunting level. Hence, we have a Trading Buy call.”
Yeah man, anything related to O&G is great. Also a low “Per”.]

Kukuman

2,118 posts

Posted by Kukuman > 2016-01-02 22:51 | Report Abuse

I noticed this chap like to run down on other analyst's report and promote himself as a better one. what an idiot !

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2016-01-02 22:57 | Report Abuse

XinQuan become a new target
So I will expect a new come back thread soon.

bluefun

643 posts

Posted by bluefun > 2016-01-02 22:58 | Report Abuse

Good sharing KC, thanks again, the important of FCF highlighted in this article.

Happy New Year, heng ong huat :)

hyteo1992

134 posts

Posted by hyteo1992 > 2016-01-02 23:19 | Report Abuse

very good sharing KC, but i guarantee supporter of those stock u mentioned ll bising. but i totally agree wif u. Keep sharing your experience pls!!

BINTANG

1,065 posts

Posted by BINTANG > 2016-01-02 23:47 | Report Abuse

KC

What you said is right and true

But one type of rice hundred types of people

There are people who like huhuhaha more than fact.

Market should have huhuhaha

Without them who is going to buy from us if we want to sell

hissyu2

868 posts

Posted by hissyu2 > 2016-01-03 00:36 | Report Abuse

BINTANG, agree with you.

For those huhuhaha folks, Please prove KC is wrong if you guys have any proof/data/evidence, else just keep your mouth shut... Amount of cash in you bank didn't help to prove how good you are. One could be a beast/murder/pervert with billions of cash in its bank. There's no single bad words in KC's articles, please respect yourself and a guru like KC.

Sir, happy new year. May you always in a pink of health. So that, we could continue to have more insight in value investing.

All those advice shall always bear in our mind. And I shall pass them along to family and friends around. Millions of thanks :)

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-01-03 04:31 | Report Abuse

Posted by donfollowblindly > Jan 2, 2016 09:09 PM | Report Abuse
Humpreyliew I agree with you. If KC Chong so good and always make high return as he "claim" he must be very rich. Why still want people to join his course for "a fee". He should give it free like KYY and even donate some of his wealth.

Thanks for your comment in my thread. I like comments, whatever it is. That is what a writer usually looks for.

I must repeat (yes it is boring) that you always follow blindly without understanding what I try to convey to you in my articles.

I did say the return of investment following some core principles in fundamental investing does provide good return, and more of reducing risks. I didn't "claim" of "always making high return" as there were published records in i3investor. It may disappoint you that the records exist, but I can't help you that.

I have never "claim" to be rich, not I yearn to be very rich, and I am not motivated to be very rich. I also do not idolize very rich people, unlike you. We are different, aren't we?

"Want people to join for a fee"?

This is what I have learned too, wise words:

Posted by Hierarch Artanis > Jan 2, 2016 09:42 PM | Report Abuse
If you're good at something, never do it for free.

People don't appreciate free things. Just like you here, do you appreciate some good lessons on how to avoid losing money in the stock market here, even though i have written so many times before?

I share about investing principles and methodologies, what to look for and how to avoid lemons. It is all about issues, things, subjects.

Sadly, you only know how to make personal attack without any substance.

paperplane2016

21,544 posts

Posted by paperplane2016 > 2016-01-03 10:48 | Report Abuse

The speculators will said you wrong since she price keep going up for one yr.

Annetan

842 posts

Posted by Annetan > 2016-01-03 11:16 | Report Abuse

I must say that KC has pointed out valid facts that one should look out for so that one can avoid mistakes made in losing money.However though the things said are valid but some syndicates still maintain the price or further ramp up for further distribution before finally comes down.It's very difficult to understand in the market and sometimes there is no logic to it.As long one stay cautious and not overly confident,you have a higher chance of not being burnt!Even one is still sometimes it's unavoidable as market is very dynamic and we are only human beings.

leno

6,123 posts

Posted by leno > 2016-01-03 11:21 |

Post removed.Why?

Annetan

842 posts

Posted by Annetan > 2016-01-03 11:26 | Report Abuse

Leno,your ego must as huge as the sky as you just admit that you made no mistake in the stock market hence you made gain in every trades?

leno

6,123 posts

Posted by leno > 2016-01-03 12:14 | Report Abuse

err ... yup.

Ricky Kiat

1,356 posts

Posted by Ricky Kiat > 2016-01-03 12:27 | Report Abuse

thumb up for u .KCchong. we learn a lot from u.

CCCL

621 posts

Posted by CCCL > 2016-01-03 12:52 | Report Abuse

Leno can afford to make 9 mistakes ( cat have 9 lives ) Cheers!!!

chriswang

46 posts

Posted by chriswang > 2016-01-03 16:13 | Report Abuse

thanks kcchong. i support u.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-01-03 16:22 | Report Abuse

Posted by ks55 > Jan 2, 2016 09:43 PM | Report Abuse
Hi kcchongnz. Happy New Year to you, and pray hard you will achieve even better return for the Year of the Monkey King.
Just wonder if you care to share your opinion on Parkson Holding Berhad.

ks55, I really don't know many stocks in Bursa, including Parkson. It used to be a growth stock before the US subprime crisis. But since the cool down of China economy, its business has been deteriorating.

However,a not good stock may not be a bad investment. You have actually told me about this when you speculate on Kheesan, or LonBis. At RM1.01 now, I seriously think the downside for Parkson is limited.

Looking at its last two years financials, it has been making operating profit, except went to losses the last one quarter. Its balance sheet is healthy with net asset backing per share of RM2.73. Even its tangible asset per share is more than RM1.00. Besides it is in a net cash position.

It used to be having good cash flows too.

The steep drop of the share may be due to personal reason, the problem with its major shareholder, but may not because of the company.

Annetan

842 posts

Posted by Annetan > 2016-01-03 16:41 | Report Abuse

In Malaysia's stock market,very good stocks can become lousy ones e.g asuprem used to be a hugh dividen and good earnings stock.See what happens now?Can never underestimate the downside of a 2nd/3rd liner stocks when things change.Have to monitor every announcement very closely.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-01-03 18:26 | Report Abuse

Posted by Kukuman > Jan 2, 2016 10:51 PM | Report Abuse
I noticed this chap like to run down on other analyst's report and promote himself as a better one. what an idiot !

This article is about sharing about how to avoid losses in the share market by knowing the characteristics of lemons so that investors can avoid. It is critical about some analyst reports no doubt, but I did provide with my arguments.

This article was first written 2 years ago, and if those speculators in those stocks would have avoided heavy losses, for example, Hibiscus a loss of 88%, CSL -83%, Asia Media 80%, MPCorp 67% etc. Even if punters cared to heed my concern in KNM and not chase its price when it went up to RM1.00, they would have also avoided heavy losses.

So i think there are many who appreciate my sharing.

Remember when you set up a thread trying to gossip about some contributors in i3investors including me which could put us in bad light? Talking about people? Rather discussing about subjects?

You did not manage to demean us. No one badmouth us. You failed.

Idiot me?

So genius, what is so smart of you? Please list down your smartness and contribution here.

michaelwong

3,068 posts

Posted by michaelwong > 2016-01-03 19:22 | Report Abuse

Followed the trend of the market , but not the golden rules which simply suit one opinion that he is better than others . I make consistent profits from stocks market does not depends and rely on such sources of informations from the author and indeed l earned more than what they recommended .

Posted by Chin Pin Tan > 2016-01-03 19:49 | Report Abuse

I believe that we shall change the rule no 1 and 2 in Bursa:

No1: Don't buy red chips!
No2: Follow rule number 1!

Happy new year KC

Kukuman

2,118 posts

Posted by Kukuman > 2016-01-04 00:47 | Report Abuse

Now you are talking about 2 years ago article. but you quoted someone analysis which you said was on 2015 Aug 3.

"Recently, I have received a recommendation from a fund manager and professional analyst to buy KNM at 57 sen on August 3 2015 as below. Oh my God, haven’t we gone through that before many times in the 1990s"

I will mark this comment of yours ! If KNM really go up, you should apologize and stop promoting yourself by running down on someone analysis.

Admit it ! that is your SOP! You are a person who like to promote yourself by finding fault on someone's analysis.

Mat Cendana

2,331 posts

Posted by Mat Cendana > 2016-01-04 15:03 | Report Abuse

Firstly, A Happy New Year to @KC Chong and everyone who often follows the posts here, and may 2016 bring food fortune to us all.

This is another post, the content and essence of which are worth serious consideration by everyone trying to make money in the stock market. Or to avoid losing a huge chunk of his capital when the main goal doesn't materialise. It doesn't matter too much even if some of the points are `repetitive' - often, some critical and fundamental aspect needs to be drummed in again and again before we "get it".

Have to admit here that I do have two of the lemons mentioned here. Plus one or two others. Hibiscus and Amedia. There is always this "hope", of course. But with these two, and others I have in my "Speculative" portfolio, there's a strategy. Whether it works out or not, only time will tell, of course.

I do look at the downside risk first before buying these. Plus having a "Get Out" plan either way (including should they go down below a certain level). Hibiscus was bought at 0.245 while Amedia at 0.025 (before the most recent exercise. I didn't subscribe to the rights). The strategy is like what the portfolio's name suggest - wait for the time when it gains favour with speculators again. That might be in weeks or months. Possibly more than a year. But I'm prepared to wait.

I also have one counter which most everyone wouldn't even think of buying - HB Global (0.065). "Are you out of your mind?! It's a PN17 counter!" Well, can't claim to be too sane but... :-) This one is "calculated risk". Nothing too hot about the company but I noticed its NTA is 80-plus sen. And the shareholders include Datuk Shahidan Kassim and a unit of PNB. The company had made losses the last few quarters but these aren't too severe. Anyway, the PN17 status is more of technicality rather than an "ICU-type" of balance sheet.

My speculation is premised on these: (1) When the PN17 gets lifted, it will be seen in an entirely new light. (2) Should the majority shareholder get fed-up with the various technical requirements of being a public listed company, he can make a general offer to buy back the outstanding shares and take it private again. And the offer certainly can't be 0.10, 0.20 due to the NTA.

With these counters, I'm not under any illusions. No hope of "growth", "dividend" etc. These are all speculative. I should also add that the speculative portfolio forms only a smaller part of the capital. Should things not pan out as I am expecting, and even if the share prices go down to half of what they are now, my capital won't suffer too much. Sure, I will be exasperated. But not crippled.

Posted by love2trade2 > 2016-01-04 22:16 | Report Abuse

look like none of stock can be invested, unless he said cannot buy the stock if meet 100% of 10 rules. Else any stock will also hit one of the rule, so keep cash lo

ckwan11d

567 posts

Posted by ckwan11d > 2016-01-04 22:32 | Report Abuse

A well-written article about share investment.

Tan KW

1,408 posts

Posted by Tan KW > 2016-01-05 23:11 | Report Abuse

very good wo, 3/20 from yr2015 top 20 is kc students....
(NOBY, II, soojinhou)
http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/stock_pick_2016/89039.jsp

@kcchongnz, do you want to share yr pick for reference?

Probability

14,402 posts

Posted by Probability > 2016-01-05 23:38 | Report Abuse

yeah right...for the 'party spirit'...
come on KC!...there is a child in all of us...:)

Jester

852 posts

Posted by Jester > 2016-01-06 10:21 | Report Abuse

Thank you KC for your continuous contribution. Great advise overall!

Jester

852 posts

Posted by Jester > 2016-01-06 10:22 | Report Abuse

Btw, @MatCendana did not Join Stock Pick Challenge 2016? :(

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-01-06 15:51 | Report Abuse

Posted by Tan KW > Jan 5, 2016 11:11 PM | Report Abuse
very good wo, 3/20 from yr2015 top 20 is kc students....
(NOBY, II, soojinhou)
http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/stock_pick_2016/89039.jsp
@kcchongnz, do you want to share yr pick for reference?

Tan KW, remember when you first initiated the so-called challenge in i3investor in 2013, there were only two entries. I didn't look at them as "challenge", but merely sharing of investing strategies.

I came up with a portfolio of 10 stocks in each occasion, one in January 2013 and the other in August 2013. Remember how much time and effort was needed with all the detail analysis, not only the Magic Formula, but also discount cash flow analysis. A selection of one stock may take a couple of days in research of the business, analysis, and another day writing the report and thesis.

This time, because of personal reasons, I do not have that kind luxury to do it. So, sorry, I don't have anything to share right at the moment, and it is meaningless to me to simply give you a few shares without proper justifications. Most probably, the shares I am going to share do not suit the kind of 'challenge" going on. And if I have any, I will be duplicating some of them here. Hence there is nothing new from me.

What about my own investment? Don't I have new shares to invest in? of course I have, and I have been doing reasonably well. That is because I don't have to do it all by myself now.

I have been following the analysis of my previous course participants, and they are actually better than me now.

Enjoy yourself and have fun in the stock pick challenge 2016. I am also enjoying it by looking through those recommendations and make some investment based on them.

Mat Cendana

2,331 posts

Posted by Mat Cendana > 2016-01-06 16:18 | Report Abuse

@Jester, I don't dare to participate in this kind of thing. For one thing, my analysis doesn't have much sophistication. And this isn't fake humility. I'm still learning on the financial metrics beyond the bare basics like PE, DY free cash flow and such.

Right now, I'm basing my trades on these key words: "Buy Strength". Whether I like the company or not shouldn't matter. If the indications are right, then I'll buy. But with a "get out" point specified. This is especially so when a counter fools us with a false breakout (quite often). If it gets below the short-term support, I'll take the loss there and then instead of comforting myself "It will perform next week..." No more of this.

That's the main aspect of my TRADING. But I also have some capital allocated to INVESTING. This will be the counters that have some quality. Which means they MUST pay out dividends. Like Media Prima. However, they have to be at a good price first before I buy.

One more portfolio are the speculative shares I mentioned in the earlier post. These may be dumbass counters (like HB Global) and the dozens others that we see. I have no illusions about their business potential. And that includes Parkson and many of the oil n gas counters. But must acknowledge that they do have their moments, and coming in and going out at the right time will bring satisfying results.

For good measure and as insurance, I buy some put warrants too. Specifically FBMKLCI-H37 (for now). Must always remember the market fools us a lot of the time. There could also be sudden shocks, like what we saw in August last year. Having put warrants make me less tense and I sleep better at night. Should the market suddenly crash, at least I would have some protection to mitigate against the possible losses.

Mat Cendana

2,331 posts

Posted by Mat Cendana > 2016-01-06 16:36 | Report Abuse

Maybe I should add this: before buying, always consider the downside risk. First and foremost. While we can't see the future, we can visualise the possibilities. In this case, a counter's support line could be of great help. Calculate how much we'd lose should it go below that point...and ask whether we can take the loss.

With trading, the key is in keeping the losses small. Even if 4 out of five trades result in a small loss, one winner which is allowed to run to its near maximum is often enough to cover the losses AND provide us with an overall profit.

Tan KW

1,408 posts

Posted by Tan KW > 2016-01-06 22:59 | Report Abuse

@kcchongnz, no problem.....

maybe next year... i will always remember u & otb.... it won't have this yearly event if it is not started by you both....

JinTanah

32 posts

Posted by JinTanah > 2016-01-06 22:59 | Report Abuse

warrgghhhh

Tan KW

1,408 posts

Posted by Tan KW > 2016-01-06 23:00 | Report Abuse

@kcchongnz, anywhere you produce 3 students (maybe more???) that share their pick with us.... and they do very well in last year....

good sifu produce good student...

BMboy

6 posts

Posted by BMboy > 2016-01-08 15:54 | Report Abuse

I salute you

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2016-01-08 16:55 | Report Abuse

Posted by Kukuman > Jan 4, 2016 12:47 AM | Report Abuse

Now you are talking about 2 years ago article. but you quoted someone analysis which you said was on 2015 Aug 3.

"Recently, I have received a recommendation from a fund manager and professional analyst to buy KNM at 57 sen on August 3 2015 as below. Oh my God, haven’t we gone through that before many times in the 1990s"

I will mark this comment of yours ! If KNM really go up, you should apologize and stop promoting yourself by running down on someone analysis.

Admit it ! that is your SOP! You are a person who like to promote yourself by finding fault on someone's analysis.

I have a report on recommendation to buy KNM at 57 sen dated August 3 2015, which is 5 months ago.From August 3 2015 to January 3 2016, as I have counted,is 5 months, certainly not two years.

If you do not have the report, of course you do not have, then how to you come to your conclusion of the report is two years ago?

If KNM really go up, I should apologize?

What logic is that?

I have made constructive and negative criticisms on many reports, which the prices have gone up. So every time I must apologize for giving my opinion on the sharing of what I think is about the company business?

And you consider sharing a different opinion about investment as promoting myself by running down others?

What kind of mentality do you have?

Post a Comment
Market Buzz