1 person likes this.

3 comment(s). Last comment by sosfinance 2016-10-09 12:54

probability

14,460 posts

Posted by probability > 2016-10-08 13:32 | Report Abuse

i had the same feeling on Diversification all this while....i think anything above 5 stocks is a bit of blur decisions....diluting your returns..

(of course you need more if your capital is very big - else you will start affecting the price of the stock drastically when you sell or buy.)

yuanlong57

1,528 posts

Posted by yuanlong57 > 2016-10-09 08:21 | Report Abuse

Cannot take Fund Managers words as gospel truth. These people usually mention a little bit here and a little bit there. They will keep something they don't want you to know under wraps. Otherwise, how are they going to preserve their rice bowls when investors start doing D.I.Y.? Common sense and logical reasoning will reveal to us for every success story there is a confluence of factors at work. For example, geopolitical market trends, market cycles, global and regional macroeconomics, etc. Speaking of George Soros, he has a baggage of some ethical deficits for which he is trying to compensate with his facade of charity funding. This ethical deficit is one reason why the renowned Jim Rogers left Quantum Fund after a short partnership with Soros.

sosfinance

1,305 posts

Posted by sosfinance > 2016-10-09 12:54 | Report Abuse

"Diversification is protection against ignorance. It make little sense if you know what you are doing" Warren Buffett said

Well, I do advocate diversify our currency into USD, or Sterling (flash crash last Friday to 5.14, if your kids studying in UK). It's nothing to do with diversification in stocks.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz