Be the first to like this.

72 comment(s). Last comment by xuewen888 2016-11-27 21:47

popo92

578 posts

Posted by popo92 > 2016-11-26 12:22 | Report Abuse

Please learn to respect other opinions, if you can write your opinions why can't others write something they feel to? I hope there will less articles writing blog purposely to condemn others opinion. Enough is enough.

coolinvestor

1,227 posts

Posted by coolinvestor > 2016-11-26 12:36 | Report Abuse

calvin really????

with so many averaging down and on contra n heavy margins, i SERIOUSLY think your frens will call u day n night to DIU u all the time.

SIMPLY beocz u dunno the meaning of cut loss

hahahhahahhahahahhahahahhaha

and no i seriously think u dun have any frens becoz when u can be so irritating just online.......my god i shudder at the thought of meeting the real you.

i bet you will bombard all your nonsense on your frens without any chance of them talking back. this is not a good adviser criteria

u see i know ppl coz i also meet lots of ppl. accountants lawyers n the dreams people u are dreaming about lol

just dun kena margin call ya...

coolinvestor

1,227 posts

Posted by coolinvestor > 2016-11-26 12:37 | Report Abuse

ignore the dust enuf and it will blow itself away...lol

Posted by Benjamin_8888 > 2016-11-26 12:38 | Report Abuse

What about car dealers and insurance agents?

Posted by Benjamin_8888 > 2016-11-26 12:40 | Report Abuse

If u got so many friends why u so free in i3? How to believe u?

coolinvestor

1,227 posts

Posted by coolinvestor > 2016-11-26 12:41 | Report Abuse

exactly....lol

coolinvestor

1,227 posts

Posted by coolinvestor > 2016-11-26 12:42 | Report Abuse

see , i can tell when ppl are bullshiting...all their posts really CAN reveal the insecurities n low self esteem from themselves....

not to mention heavy acting...lol

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2016-11-26 12:54 | Report Abuse

Raider neutral independent analysis & comment on GADANG LOH...!1

POSITIVE
1.IT RECORDED REASONABLE CYRRENT GOOD PROFIT LOH....!!
2.THE STOCK GOT MOMENTUM & GOOD ANALYST COMMENT

NEGATIVE
1.PRICE HAVE MOVE UP QUITE STRONG & HAVE REVERSED AND MOVE DOWNTURN.
2.GOODS EARNINGS DRIVEN BY PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION NOW EXPERIENCING HEADWIND ON LOW SALES & COST INCREASE
3. INSIDERS INVESTORS AND SAVVY INVESTORS HAD BEEN SELLING

FROM THE ABOVE ANALYSIS THE CUT OR STOP ARGUEMENT IS VERY COMPELLING.

YES...MAY NOW TRUST PEOPLE LIKE KYY....BUT HE IS THE BEST CONSTRUCTION GUY WITH MORE THAN 60 YEARS EXPERIENCE MAH...!!

OK IF U DO NOT TRUST KYY...THEN WHAT ABOUT INSIDER DIRECTOR KOK ONN..HE ALSO SELLING LOH....!!

ALSO PROPERTY SECTOR WILL HAVE PROBLEM AND CONSTRUCTION ORDER BOOKS RIGHT NOW IT IS QUITE LOW LOH...!!

IT IS TIME TO BAIL OUT B4 TOO LATE LOH....!!

VenFx

14,784 posts

Posted by VenFx > 2016-11-26 12:55 | Report Abuse

Yes, U should pls ...

einvest88

416 posts

Posted by einvest88 > 2016-11-26 12:57 | Report Abuse

when KYY buy...after u c 20-30% upside better sell..very cun

eagle71

30 posts

Posted by eagle71 > 2016-11-26 12:58 | Report Abuse

Calvin, I have been quietly reading articles in i3forum for some times, and one thing I observe and would like to say out today is many people dislike u and no longer give high regards to your articles or investment ideas.
I wonder why u continue to press on and argue with so many people in this forum.
I have one request, if u opt to continue writing and arguing in this i3 forum, pls do not quote Christianity in your article or conversation because that will only give bad name to Christianity. If u love God, pls stop quoting his name because it is obvious that u can't give honour to His name, but the opposite, to all readers in this i3 forum.

Sslee

4,779 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2016-11-26 13:11 | Report Abuse

You win some; you lose some fair enough no need for name calling (stupid, idiot, shark, axxhole and etc.)
Just learn to respect people choice. You are all respected SIFU.
As of the other day someone whatsapp me the picture of Tun Dr.Mahatir and his wife sitting by the road side holding vigil of free Maria at Dataran Merdeka . Someone comment Karma really works. I replied It is his choice, Tun can choose to be at home relaxing and enjoy a luxury retirement life or do what he doing now which he think is right. Just respect his choice and remember whatever action or inaction we take today will have a consequent in future. We are now collectively living in the consequent of our pass action or inaction.
Thanks

CharlesT

14,578 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2016-11-26 13:18 | Report Abuse

Koon likes to call his money donors clueless stupid idiots

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2016-11-26 13:20 | Report Abuse

@@

John Lu

5,187 posts

Posted by John Lu > 2016-11-26 13:24 | Report Abuse

Calvin such a joker in i3...everyday naked in front of us

coolinvestor

1,227 posts

Posted by coolinvestor > 2016-11-26 13:28 | Report Abuse

ignore the dust enuf and it will blow itself away...lol

coolinvestor

1,227 posts

Posted by coolinvestor > 2016-11-26 13:37 | Report Abuse

i think he is just good in investigative reporting. he is quite good in gathering facts.

but deducing n coming into conclusions is entirely biased.

he twists n turns n only put up those he sees is correct to his views only. plus he refuses to agree on other ppl's facts. he cant argue intelligently

this is a type of emotional bias. hence he is not objective and is emotionally driven

the fact that he is stubborn n refuse to admit wrongs shows this emotional bias.

lol

John Lu

5,187 posts

Posted by John Lu > 2016-11-26 13:49 | Report Abuse

Seems that all people here hates Calvin...Calvin, 不死都没有什么用

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2016-11-26 13:52 | Report Abuse

My response to all the angry commentators of my articles on Gadang - Koon Yew Yin

Author: Koon Yew Yin | Publish date: Thu, 24 Nov 2016, 08:47 AM

All the angry commentators of my articles on Gadang are losing money and they refused to see the truth. I have nothing to gain if you buy or sell because I sold all my Gadang shares which I openly told you in my previous article. In fact, I advised people to sell openly before I did. Even my wife and a few close friends who were holding Gadang were angry with me for telling people to sell before we sold. I told them that I must tell the truth even though we suffer more and the truth hurts. RAIDER SAYS SURE LAH U ASK PEOPLE TO BUY WHEN U HAPPILY DISPOSE..PEOPLE WILL BE ANGRY LOH...!!

I even told Mr Ooi Teik Bee that I was selling Gadang but he refused to follow my advice. He even asked my permission to buy a little more to round up the number of shares he bought for me. I allowed him to buy Gadang for me even though I know that he will lose my money.
WHY U DO THAT, U KICK HIS BUTT MAH...!! AFTER ALL U R THE BOSS MAH!!

Ooi Teik Bee told me not to write article to tell people to sell any shares. Why? I cannot watch people losing money. It is just like I cannot watch people committing suicide. FAIR COMMENT.

The truth is that Gadang cannot make more money in this current year than last financial year and when it announces its annual reduced profit, the share price will surely fall further. All the angry shareholders who do not believe my share selection golden rule and refused to sell, will be shocked to see that they lose more money when Gadang announces its reduced profit at the end of its financial year.
PROSPECT NO GOOD !!

All the losers must look at the truth as explained by stockmanmy's article. Stockmanmy is a chartered accountant who is a very good stock analyst. I have my highest respect for him.

Remember I have been using my share selection golden rule to find Latitude Tree, VS Industry, Lii Hen etc which went up a few hundred per cent per year. I have a proven track record and I want to teach people how to use my golden rule to make more money.

All the stupid losers must change their method and follow my golden rule which Gadang cannot comply. All losers will continue to suffer losses and will be shocked to see Gadang announces its reduced profit at the end of its financial year. WHY R U STILL HOLD FOCUS LUMBER WHEN IT DOES NOT MEET YOUR GOLDEN RULE ??

Can you see a miracle to help Gadang make more money in this current year than last financial year???

Posted by Blue Planet > 2016-11-26 14:20 | Report Abuse

Calvin Tan best in highlighting other people's wrong doings or mistakes, but bad in stock selection

VenFx

14,784 posts

Posted by VenFx > 2016-11-26 14:29 | Report Abuse

But, Calvin has always confuse in deliver facts due to his weak competent .
Thus,how is he going to know what others weak and strength ?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2016-11-26 15:19 | Report Abuse

Gadang........another angle
Author: stockmanmy | Publish date: Thu, 24 Nov 2016, 01:41 AM

Gadang.

Finds it fascinating and interesting discussions going on with postings and opinions from Calvin, KYY and OTB.

I think it is easy to teach people to promote shares, to push shares......not so easy to teach people to have critical thinking.

But if this is going to be a forum, better start accepting comments, negative as well as positive. Too bad if it hurts the feelings of those holding the shares that are commented on in a not so positive light.

Here goes.....
As for the profits...........
profits from construction

Revenue 4th quarter 2016 $ 105.7 m
Revenue 1st Q 2017 $ 42.1 m
PBT 4thQ 2016 $ 8.3 margin 7.8%
PBT 1Q 2017 $8.4 margin 20.0%

From the annoucement:
For the current quarter, revenue decreased to RM42.14 million as compared to RM105.74 million in the corresponding quarter of the preceding year. This was mainly due to the completion of some projects. However, profit before tax for the current quarter increased marginally to RM8.41 million as compared to RM8.30 million in the corresponding quarter of the preceding year. This was mainly due to higher margins achieved for ongoing projects.

note............it is common that upon closing the contract, , the margin is extraordinary high and not to be repeated.
note............it is extraordinary that Gadang has allowed its construction works to finish and construction billings to drop by 60%. Good contractors plan ahead. They don't let that happen. Have you seen billings of good contractors Gamuda and IJM drop by that much? The nature of mobilisation and profits recognition on progressive basis means it is not expected for Gadang to recognise large profits rest of the year.

It is very tough to repeat the $ 124 m PBT achieved last year. ....looking at its order book and and the property division.

Facts.....with an order book of $ 600 million only, it is a smallish contractor....and grossly overvalued after the run up.
Hope.....The company is said to have tendered for $ 10 billion of works.....
Facts vs Hope........Your call.

Profits from development are to be valued separately and cannot simply apply a PE ratio to development profits.
In the last few days before ex....many have bought for the free warrants and bonus.........now, sell to who?

moral of the story....no free lunch. Its still fundamentals.

Bull market, more shares makes more money....bonus and free warrants makes even more money.

Bear market......bonus and splits only makes you lose more money.

I probably have to chop off mine if this Gadang can make more than the $ 124 million profits from last year.

Facts vs Hope........Your call.

Critical thinking is a valuable commodity. It can mean the difference between rich and poor.

Posted by RUOutOfUrMind > 2016-11-26 15:30 | Report Abuse

VenFx, maybe Calvin Tan accidentally learn all holland skills from those he so called conmen without aware of that. 好的没学到,尽学到歪招 Go ask anyone, Calvin Tan is good in attracting attention, but not making money.

John Lu

5,187 posts

Posted by John Lu > 2016-11-26 16:58 | Report Abuse

Calvin portfolio from rm100k become 43k within 11 months...this sochai real bad karma bad luck

CharlesT

14,578 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2016-11-26 17:00 | Report Abuse

Calvin 's purpose of reposting koon's article here is inviting people (like me) to come to hentam koon...however it seems like more people enjoys hentam calvin instead....never expect this....lol

calvintaneng

53,299 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2016-11-26 17:06 | Report Abuse

LOL!

CharlesT

14,578 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2016-11-26 17:09 | Report Abuse

Just to let know calvin,no matter how i like u more than old man...never give up my friend

CharlesT

14,578 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2016-11-26 17:09 | Report Abuse

If u need to c doctor go c.....

cheoky

2,819 posts

Posted by cheoky > 2016-11-26 17:18 | Report Abuse

i think uncle koon should just retired from stock market commentary. so rich already. Occasionally eating grapes, blur out something, then rationalizing it as the right path. If he want to help retailer investor, write a book to share his knowledge, show it under the sun for people to analysis its reasoning. I am doubtful if he can write a book on investing as sometimes his reasoning cant withstand the strong query from multiple angles. in my opinion la. pls dont search my ic. I am just a peanut investor.

Btw, Mr calvin, Stock Performance Guide is just listing the companies historical performance. Got teach lesson of investing????

Dr Neoh did say this? quote "About 30 years ago my wife and I attended a charting course by Mr Neoh Soon Kean, the producer of Stock Performance Guide, who was then lecturing in the University of Malaysia. He said that you must buy only up trending stocks and never buy down trending stocks because you do not know how long you have to wait to sell at a price higher than your purchase price. The down trend can last more than one year." True or not? Felt Dr Neoh is fundamental based investor

Sales

3,194 posts

Posted by Sales > 2016-11-26 17:22 | Report Abuse

Stockraider we like your comment. We need someone like you. Thanks for the comment. May God bless you!

cheoky

2,819 posts

Posted by cheoky > 2016-11-26 17:23 | Report Abuse

Calvin, Stock Peformance Guide pp 238 is Scomi Enery Services Bhd la.. hahaha. Where to get that Dr Neoh book.

cheoky

2,819 posts

Posted by cheoky > 2016-11-26 17:27 | Report Abuse

still dont believe Dr Neoh blur this statement out. Quote "About 30 years ago my wife and I attended a charting course by Mr Neoh Soon Kean, the producer of Stock Performance Guide, who was then lecturing in the University of Malaysia. He said that you must buy only up trending stocks and never buy down trending stocks because you do not know how long you have to wait to sell at a price higher than your purchase price. The down trend can last more than one year."

With higher price means lesser margin of safety right? come from Dr Neoh horse mouth or from the mix-up memory of Uncle koon?

Posted by shortinvestor77 > 2016-11-26 20:53 | Report Abuse

Less attack. K

calvintaneng

53,299 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2016-11-26 21:38 | Report Abuse

cheoky i think uncle koon should just retired from stock market commentary. so rich already. Occasionally eating grapes, blur out something, then rationalizing it as the right path. If he want to help retailer investor, write a book to share his knowledge, show it under the sun for people to analysis its reasoning. I am doubtful if he can write a book on investing as sometimes his reasoning cant withstand the strong query from multiple angles. in my opinion la. pls dont search my ic. I am just a peanut investor.

Btw, Mr calvin, Stock Performance Guide is just listing the companies historical performance. Got teach lesson of investing????

Dr Neoh did say this? quote "About 30 years ago my wife and I attended a charting course by Mr Neoh Soon Kean, the producer of Stock Performance Guide, who was then lecturing in the University of Malaysia. He said that you must buy only up trending stocks and never buy down trending stocks because you do not know how long you have to wait to sell at a price higher than your purchase price. The down trend can last more than one year." True or not? Felt Dr Neoh is fundamental based investor
26/11/2016 17:18

Calvin replies:

Yes, Cheoky,

Sorry for the wrong reference

It is from the Book called

STOCK MARKET INVESTMENT In Malaysia and Singapore by Dr Neoh Soon Kean. Printed in year 1985

RyanC

121 posts

Posted by RyanC > 2016-11-26 22:49 | Report Abuse

I just keep quiet because I do not like to attack any writer in I3 - ???
Sure or not?

Posted by Ooi Teik Bee > Nov 25, 2016 10:32 PM | Report Abuse

Calvin can share his stocks picked to everyone as a reference. We can select them and invest if we feel confident.

I do not like Calvin attacked many writers and recommended his stocks to override the writers. If he is good, I appreciate his sharing.

Most of the times, I check his stock selections, most of them are lousy stocks in term of fundamental. In term of TA, they are down trending. I just keep quiet because I do not like to attack any writer in I3.

Most of his actions are very irritating and he does not show any respect for others.

Hope he can improve after reading this posting. It is not an attack, I say it out sincerely from the bottom of my heart.

Thank you.
Ooi
26/11/2016 11:49

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2016-11-26 22:52 | Report Abuse

I bought some Gadang at $ 2.20 and sold at $2.70. , never bought any during the final surge as I deem it too risky.

U1818

591 posts

Posted by U1818 > 2016-11-27 09:38 | Report Abuse

https://youtu.be/Uf3gBvb6DYA

choop818

689 posts

Posted by choop818 > 2016-11-27 11:58 | Report Abuse

I like stocktrader and icon8888 for their rational and fair comments. Some are too emotional to be intelligible and incoherent.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2016-11-27 12:58 | Report Abuse

Posted by stockraider > Nov 27, 2016 12:35 AM | Report Abuse X

Again what KYY says is the future growth in profit....and not the historical profit mah....!! That determine stock price loh..!!

U must understand KYY is a momentum stock investor loh...!!

Thats why the kyy golden rule is formulated mah....!!
It is nothing new....all analyst look at growth in quarterly profit to assess the stock prospect mah......!!

How they derive growth....by looking back to the latest earnings growth...and doing some scuttle butt assessment on business prospect loh....!!

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2016-11-27 13:00 | Report Abuse

Instead of talking about Gadang....everybody attacking KYY.

Kyy not being doing well prior...to 2014...but he is doing exttremely well in export theme counters from 2014 to early 2016.

His stock run up more than 100% pa....and he buy very big mah....that what raider see a good investor should be mah....!!

Counter like VS, Liihen, FLB, Latitude all showed more than 100% gain with very big position exposure mah....!!

KYY also sell off with a very good price too loh....!!
When he sell off ...early everybody complain....if not informing them early loh.....!!
Now on Gadang....KYY sell off....early....informing people early..some people still mark around....complaining and attacking him loh...!!

Actually Tycoon...like KYY....don really...need to take advantage of I3 investors loh....how much can he gain from these people ??
If u buy or sell....how much can push up and pull down the share price leh ??

He just try to be nice and pass some free time....involve with blogging mah.....!!

Of course KYY....will need to sell...when his golden rule is broken.mah.....and this is done quickly....U cannot expect to stop his action and tell u he is selling loh....!!

So u all need to panlai mah...!! Start learning and take responsibility ....also u need to assess whoever stock recommendation not only kyy loh....!

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2016-11-27 13:14 | Report Abuse

One thing raider want to correct KYY and Calvin....is that DR Neoh never...never advocate buying stock or selling based on quaterly gain or fall in eps growth 30 yrs ago loh....!!

Raider bcos ....raiderknow bcos at that time, raider is working with Dr Neoh... he was still the Lecturer with USM in penang mah...!!

Dr Neoh....believe in the "loser game theory"....a contraian investment approach...buying a good stock in a market that people fear and dislike..in order words buying good stock that not so well known, neglected and inactive loh..!! ...thats is completely different from KYY claim.

Raider think KYY may have forgotten maybe he learn from some other professor 30 yrs ago and not Dr Neoh loh.....!!

Calvin...pls refer to ur books which was written in 1984....where DR Neoh says that ??
I think not mention in the book loh.....!!

Bcos it totally conflict with Dr Neoh formula....which follow Ben Graham approach...'The intelligent investor formula mah !!"

CharlesT

14,578 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2016-11-27 13:18 | Report Abuse

I believe koon mistook otb's up trending stocks theory with Dr.neoh

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2016-11-27 15:11 | Report Abuse

Raider use a multi dimension investing strategy that is applicable different time loh....!!

1. Momentum ...KYY style

2. Margin of safety...long holding play

3. Yield play...like Reach....sona...cliq...lock into high yield and wait for liqquidation

4. Contraian play.....like major selldown panic...u brave balls buy.

5. Dividend yield play, hold for recurring sustainable income.

6. Short term Speculative momentum play with cut loss safeguard

U must understand....generally stock market is a loser game....if something is popular for sometime...U need to be becareful...!!

If something too good to be true...it is probably is loh...!!

RAIDER IS ACTUALLY NOT DEFENDING KYY......BUT RAIDER HOW TO USE THE KYY TYPE OF MOMENTUM INVESTMENT OR THE GOLDEN RULE....THAT MEANS U MUST BE DISCIPLINE AND FOLLOW THE SYSTEM.

U MUST UNDERSTAND WHAT QUICK ACTION U NEED TO TAKE MAH...!!

IF THE RULE TRIGGER WHETHER ON THE BUY OR SELL SIDE....U MUST SWIFTLY IMPLEMENT THE REQUIRED ACTION MAH...!!

THERE IS NOT BEATING ROUND THE BUSH...LIKE THIS AND THAT MAH....!!

CharlesT

14,578 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2016-11-27 15:16 | Report Abuse

4.contrarian play-buy reach-wa at 5-6 cents few days b4 QA n sell at 9-9.5 cents after QA passed

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2016-11-27 15:22 | Report Abuse

Ya charles too risky to play B4 QA....what happen not successful QA leh ??

It is better to go in after QA outcome loh.....!!
Anyway still can enter at Rm 0.07 to Rm 0.075 mah...!!

CharlesT

14,578 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2016-11-27 15:26 | Report Abuse

We study thru n made our bet...anyway I also never expect that we could re enter at 7 cents+

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2016-11-27 15:32 | Report Abuse

The upside after successful QA is not so much....not worth such a high risk gamble to buy b4 QA mah.....!!

Also the rebound window....to take profit is very short & margin below expectation....alot of people also miss mah.....!!

So u buy even at rm 0.08 after QA still quite ok mah....!!

Up_down

4,281 posts

Posted by Up_down > 2016-11-27 17:58 | Report Abuse

Raider. Trump pledged a strong promise to rebuild US internally. He may pump a lot of money in building infrastructure US during his term. what do you think the sector that would directly or in directly benefited by Malaysia companies?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2016-11-27 21:13 | Report Abuse

Commodities usually will benefit...comprises of Steel, copper, aluminum, tin, nickel etc loh....!!

Plastic materials, cement,aggregrates, timber, rubber also loh...!!

For msia export orientated companies is the major bets loh...!!

Local imports and domestic business will suffer the most loh...!!

xuewen888

11 posts

Posted by xuewen888 > 2016-11-27 21:47 | Report Abuse

Uncle koon is the only wisman in i3, who said calvin is real master, he must be crasy & fake one.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz