YLR33

299 posts

Posted by YLR33 > 2017-05-03 05:10 | Report Abuse

very good article

king36

1,022 posts

Posted by king36 > 2017-05-03 05:14 | Report Abuse

YLR33

Agreed. Always something to learn from KC.

Thanks.

supersaiyan3

3,125 posts

Posted by supersaiyan3 > 2017-05-03 05:46 | Report Abuse

Agree

soojinhou

869 posts

Posted by soojinhou > 2017-05-03 06:19 | Report Abuse

There's even a purported trading champion who says he dislikes holding a company through the release of financial report. He even sells subscriptions. For ppl like him who disregard financial analysis, I hope some day they meet the ultimate pump and dump master John Soh. Then only they will learn their lesson.

optimus9199

2,794 posts

Posted by optimus9199 > 2017-05-03 06:32 | Report Abuse

good write up KC...this KYY is really trying to mislead the readers by following his own delusion.. BUt i cant blame him as he already have Alzheimer dz and wont live long also. Just forgive him for his dz pls.

paperplane2016

21,540 posts

Posted by paperplane2016 > 2017-05-03 06:43 | Report Abuse

Kwai LAN.Hana

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2017-05-03 06:44 | Report Abuse

Same as KC, I have reservation about Sendai

Bought at 60 Sen, but after study carefully it's track record, noticed it was very bad at generating profit in the past. Gave me an impression that it's capability of securing huge amount of contracts is actually the other side of the same coin - you bid so competitively until you can't make money out of the projects.

So I sold off at 60 Sen (broke even)

Fair enough , it has gone up to 90 Sen+, but for me, I am guided by KYY's own golden rule that if I not convince that it can make more money in future (bearing in mind market cap not small), I don't buy

Maybe KYY has insider info ? Maybe he spoke to the MD ? I don't know.

I have no regret. Sometime if certain money is not for you to make , it is not for you to make

Sticking to KYY Golden Rule caused me to miss out on sendai but on the other hand, it will also help me to make lots of money in other cases and also avoid huge losses (lemons)

You can't have your cake and eat it too. Welcome to the real world !!!

paperplane2016

21,540 posts

Posted by paperplane2016 > 2017-05-03 07:02 | Report Abuse

Icon, don't catch you. You said kyy golden rule. Tell me why then kyy never sell xingquan. His golden rule is a rule of what he himself alsodid not follow.

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2017-05-03 07:11 | Report Abuse

I follow a principle, not a personality

That person can screw up, but the principle can be valid and lasting

John Lu

5,187 posts

Posted by John Lu > 2017-05-03 07:27 | Report Abuse

Ck so Kuai Lan and Kuai Ku

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-05-03 09:48 | Report Abuse

kc

the most profitable trades / investments come from taking a risk, and proven right later....turnarounds are one of them.....

since whatever is in audited accounts is all public knowledge and historical records, ...and share price is about the future.....and the internet revolution speeds up the spread of information...the world of Benjamin what ever and the Wall Lone Buffalo is so 20 century....when people never learn how to take risk, they are better off buying Index Funds.

Posted by stockmanthekoonman > 2017-05-03 10:12 | Report Abuse

So what differentiates you from a gambler?

Posted by stockmanthekoonman > 2017-05-03 10:13 | Report Abuse

What if proven wrong?

i.e. Mudajaya, Jayatiasa

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-05-03 10:16 | Report Abuse

know your bet.....know what you are betting on...have an opinion on what is a favorable outcome.

the stock market exists to encourage people to assume risk and be rewarded for taking risks and later proven right....that is how the economy functions at its best.

must read whole Annual Report , and the news not just audited accounts, have an informed opinion ...and place your bets.

stockmanthekoonman > May 3, 2017 10:12 AM | Report Abuse

So what differentiates you from a gambler?

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-05-03 10:17 | Report Abuse

proven wrong, lose money....that is proper and correct.

stockmanthekoonman > May 3, 2017 10:13 AM | Report Abuse

What if proven wrong?

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-05-03 10:33 | Report Abuse

In the case of Nylex, no matter how deep is the discounts to NTA and audited accounts, ....

if chemicals recovery is the bet ( the unique selling proposition) and don't know how good it is...then no bet can be made............

Sendai offers recovery story and deep discounts to NTA, Nylex offers what?

Posted by stockmanthekoonman > 2017-05-03 10:39 | Report Abuse

Assuming calculated risks is one thing.

Assuming risks fueled by perceptions and emotions, is a completely different thing. To the contrary it can be very much harmful.

to quote the old man, minus the emotions and irrationality the market will be fairly priced. Knowing when the market is unfairly valuing a stock is the way to go. Not by trying to predict the future.

Unless you have insider info.

Posted by stockmanthekoonman > 2017-05-03 10:40 | Report Abuse

A track record.

Sendai offers recovery story and deep discounts to NTA, Nylex offers what?

Posted by stockmanthekoonman > 2017-05-03 10:43 | Report Abuse

On the chemicals play as i'm not an expert in it.

But there is a trend there which you cannot deny.

Posted by stockmanthekoonman > 2017-05-03 10:52 | Report Abuse

Kyy certainly had his days. But he's getting reckless.

Double or nothing.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-05-03 12:26 | Report Abuse

Bull market, bear market

In a prolonged bear market, the value investors with their accounting ratios, and formulas and bankruptcy tests are born. The tool...the audited accounts.

In a bull market as currently, it is growth and catalysts

Those not flexible are left in the dust, biting the dust....Investors / traders should be flexible while holding steady. Must adapt without being nervous.

Turnarounds ( Sendai) and new businesses ( Jaks) are good choices in current market environment.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2017-05-03 12:34 | Report Abuse

Holly Grail of investment in long run, value investment always wins just look at Nestle, Dlady, Pbank, Maybank, Genting always show increasing return even....during deep recession...it always bounces back with great strength loh....!!

So value investor....must always pick stock with big margin of safety and with good sustainable prospect & not manipulated & promoted speculative goreng stock like Jaks & eversendai loh.....!!

Don get con loh.....!!

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-05-03 12:40 | Report Abuse

The Wall Lone Buffalo is not what he seems
He has been a sailang man all his life, with a good business sense.......borrowing money from friends and relatives to sailang all into a bankrupt textile company. That is how he got his first break in life. ...and he is no accountant.

A lot of people now tries to make a living out of the Wall Lone Buffalo name...but what can be taught become popular memes, it is what cannot be taught become priceless.

ps.....not to worry., I will guide you all along and it is all FOC.

Posted by Wealth_seeker > 2017-05-03 14:02 | Report Abuse

well written, kc, as usual.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-05-03 14:11 | Report Abuse

too bad

smooth writing makes no money

taking the right risk makes the money.

y Wealth_seeker > May 3, 2017 02:02 PM | Report Abuse

well written, kc, as usual.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-05-03 14:50 | Report Abuse

don't talk nonsense...good shares don't come cheap...and certainly no huge discounts to NTA

good stuffs not cheap
cheap stuffs not good.

y stockraider > May 3, 2017 12:34 PM | Report Abuse

Holly Grail of investment in long run, value investment always wins just look at Nestle, Dlady, Pbank, Maybank, Genting always show increasing return even....during deep recession...it always bounces back with great strength loh....!!

So value investor....must always pick stock with big margin of safety and with good sustainable prospect & not manipulated & promoted speculative goreng stock like Jaks & eversendai loh.....!!

Don get con loh.....!!

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-05-03 15:06 | Report Abuse

steady , calm and willing to back up his opinion with his own money...no wonder KYY is the maverick.

this raider, nervous, value investor, always scared, needs his margin of safety fails in the game.........

you have to ask why?

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2017-05-04 00:08 | Report Abuse

Posted by stockmanmy > May 3, 2017 09:48 AM | Report Abuse
kc
the most profitable trades / investments come from taking a risk, and proven right later....turnarounds are one of them.....

You are really an eccentric fellow. You talk so much about “sailing”, taking risk etc. but without knowing what “risk” is.

That for example, you talked about investing in Jaks nowadays so much as if it is the investment of the century. Have you quantified what the return will be? have you measured what the risks are?

What is its return versus its risks? Or what is the return per unit risk?

Are you happy if you “sailing” for an investment with the potential return of say 12%, but the risk of losing all is 80%, or a return per unit risk of 0.15?

When you “sailing” an investment now, with the risk of losing all, you only hope that it will be proven right and become “the most profitable trade” without knowing what your return is likely to be, rather than doing a probabilistic study?

Some more make a statement as below?

Posted by stockmanmy > May 3, 2017 12:40 PM | Report Abuse
A lot of people now tries to make a living out of the Wall Lone Buffalo name...but what can be taught become popular memes, it is what cannot be taught become priceless.

I really don't know what to say about you.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-05-04 00:20 | Report Abuse

kc

people sailang $ 200 million in it....That is what sifu means.

People got guts...they drive Rolls Royce, they earned it.

Apollo Ang

3,181 posts

Posted by Apollo Ang > 2017-05-04 00:25 | Report Abuse

when the nobody got guts he/she loses all their money cos if a nobody buy a lot,the insider people will push it down. bursa is not an open market,mustn't sai lang.unless u r a politician or some big shot only can sai lang.wanna invest big must invest elsewhere not bursa

cheoky

2,819 posts

Posted by cheoky > 2017-05-04 00:29 | Report Abuse

sorchai manny only look at one outcome of all possible outcomes. Ask us to focus on that outcome. Go all out for the outcome, not knowing luck will run out one day. Newbie like me can also see the stupidity of this manny thought. Manny pls go back fly kite. You very lonely? No grandchildren to absorb your teaching?

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-05-04 00:37 | Report Abuse

People got $ 200 million in the game , sailang....I think that is the real meaning of sifu
He drives Rolls Royce, he earned it.

cheoky > May 4, 2017 12:29 AM | Report Abuse

sorchai manny only look at one outcome of all possible outcomes. Ask us to focus on that outcome. Go all out for the ou

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-05-04 00:39 | Report Abuse

a real piece of gem..................

Bull market, bear market

In a prolonged bear market, the value investors with their accounting ratios, and formulas and bankruptcy tests are born. The tool...the audited accounts.

Those not flexible are left in the dust, biting the dust....Investors / traders should be flexible while holding steady. Must adapt without being nervous.

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2017-05-04 00:40 | Report Abuse

Posted by stockmanmy > May 4, 2017 12:37 AM | Report Abuse
People got $ 200 million in the game , sailang....I think that is the real meaning of sifu
He drives Rolls Royce, he earned it.

I really shake my head with this kind of mentality. Some more,

Posted by stockmanmy > May 3, 2017 12:40 PM | Report Abuse

By the way, there is a good article for you to learn something here,

http://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/kcchongnz/121724.jsp

Apollo Ang

3,181 posts

Posted by Apollo Ang > 2017-05-04 00:42 | Report Abuse

too many insider tradings that derail any individual any chances of being filthy rich. just like last time before china open up their economy

cheoky

2,819 posts

Posted by cheoky > 2017-05-04 00:46 | Report Abuse

manny is either very lonely in real life or ego need feeding to the extend the surplus energy crooked his mind. my opinion. maybe manny you can join Tzu Chi. Here- http://www.tzuchi.org.my/web17/

Expend out your surplus energy there, not i3.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-05-04 00:50 | Report Abuse

cheoky

a real piece of gem..................

Bull market, bear market

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-05-04 00:51 | Report Abuse

but too bad...cheoky does not have what it takes.

stockmanmy

6,977 posts

Posted by stockmanmy > 2017-05-04 01:51 | Report Abuse

cheoky

a real piece of gem.................. you can't comment because you have no idea how the market works, or how to make money.....lol, no kidding.

Bull market, bear market

PlsGiveBonus

3,749 posts

Posted by PlsGiveBonus > 2017-05-04 13:07 | Report Abuse

Account look good
Bear market also need to drop
Diversification also cannot survive in bear market

Low can get lower did work

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2017-05-04 13:09 | Report Abuse

Warren Buffett can make investing sound easy: Buy stocks when they’re cheap and pretty much hold them forever. And Buffett constantly reminds us of this simple wisdom. Of course there’s a bit more to it than that. Still investors seem to make the same mistakes over and over.CORRECTLOH...EVERGREEN HAS GREAT MARGIN OF SAFETY MAH....!! SO ACCUMULATE LOH....!!

Why is that?
I decided to put that question to Buffett himself during a recent interview at his headquarters building in Omaha, Nebraska.

But first I asked him if he thought people really learned from what he says and actually go out and successfully invest themselves.

“Well, I think some are helped,” Buffett says. “The main thing we wanna give them — Charlie and I feel this way — is the right attitude toward investing. You’ve got a big tailwind if you’ve invested in America over time. A huge tailwind.” U BUY WHEN UNDERVALUE WITH BIG MARGIN OF SAFETY..EXAMPLE EVERGREEN GOT GREAT MARGIN OF SAFETY LOH...!!

Unfortunately, most investors struggle to stay focused on the long-term and react to the short-term, unwittingly making money-losing decisions.YES WE ALREADY KNOW EVERGREEN GOING TO MAKE GOOD PROFIT 30-6-2017 ONWARDS SO MUST START BUYING NOW LOH...!!

“People have certain habits, some proclivities that are self-destructive in investing,” he continues. “So I would say that I hope our main message is to stay away from trying to trade stocks or do things that are kind of self-destructive, and just let America do the work for ’em.” YES DON EVER SELL EVERGREEN JUST HOLD UNTIL SAY 31-8-2017 THAT MEANS RM 1.20 IS IN UR BAG...IT IS THAT SIMPLE LOH..!

And this lead to the question I mentioned initially, which is: What are the big mistakes people make? Why do people get it wrong?

“Well, the big mistake is thinking they know when to buy and sell stocks,” Buffett says with a chuckle. “That there are times to buy ’em and times to sell ’em. There’s times to buy ’em. And eventually maybe, when you decide to start dis-saving when you’re 70 or 80 years of age or something of the sort, at that time you may sell ’em. MISTAKE IS THAT U TRADE THE SHORT TERM LOH...!!
“But basically any attempts to pick the times to buy or sell, I think, are a mistake for 99% of the population. And I think that even attempts to pick individual securities is a mistake for people.”
The attempt to beat the market by tilting asset class weighting and trading in and out of stocks is known as active investing. Buffett recommends passive investing through a “very, very low cost S&P 500 index fund.” IF U R PANLAI....BUT U LOSE MONIES IN STOCK...IT IS BCOS U R NOT TUNE....U HAVE NO APTITUDE IN SHORT TERM INVESTMENT....GO FOR LONGER TERM...LESS ACTIVE...CHOSE STOCK WITH MARGIN OF SAFETY LIKE EVERGREEN AND HOLD LOH...!!

“They don’t need to do anything but that,” he says. “Then they’ll get a decent result over time. To some extent, the smarter you try to be, the worse you do in investments. Now, there’s a few professional investors that will do better than the S&P over time. But the average individual isn’t going to be able to find them. And they don’t need them. That’s the beauty of it.” BESIDE SMARTS...U MUST BE WIRED RIGHT IN ORDER TO BE SUCCESSFUL...UR INVESTMENT ATTITUDE VERY IMPORTANT LOH...!!

No mistaking that.

RexGB

47 posts

Posted by RexGB > 2017-05-04 15:07 | Report Abuse

Anyone know what is the price of KC Chong's online investment course?

Post a Comment
Market Buzz