1 person likes this.

7 comment(s). Last comment by KISSinvest 2018-03-15 13:09

abang_misai

2,547 posts

Posted by abang_misai > 2018-03-06 17:46 | Report Abuse

Follow this fellow sold Ock mother at 0.950 and used all funds to buy Ock-wa at 0.370. Had I held on Ock mother, my losses will be only 16%. Because of the switch, I now lost 40%

sosfinance

1,305 posts

Posted by sosfinance > 2018-03-06 22:36 | Report Abuse

1) I do not see myself as a "victim" when I follow some "fella" and lose money, be it a paper loss or a realised loss. Instead, I try to learn from it, what went wrong with myself? Did I not do my own homework properly, or just follow blindly because of FOLO.

2) Bear in mind, you can never follow "the other person's strategy". When OCK warrants spike up to say 28 sen for 2 days, I sold some, and got back some at 23 sen. So, I lowered my overall cost per unit.

3) Personally, I have a bad track record following some "fella". Because, you do not know his or her average costs, strategy, risk profile and investment period. Sometime I gain, I don't thank him, vice versa, when I lose money, I don't blame him or her.

4) Lets just share, the mother share price recover to 95 sen from 80 sen (up 19%), and warrants recover from 23 sen to 43 sen (up 87%), if you make some money, would I get a share of your 87% profits? I may have suggested to average down, but, but the followers ran out of money (say he did not spread out his investment over time).

5) First rule of investment in stocks, be responsible to yourself. Occasionally I also follow "sifu" be it, but I make sure I am responsible for my own investment. Lately, most second liners dropped like a rock, some sifu (which also author some books on investments), now all below their cost when they recommend, so, start blaming that fella again.

6) Sometimes I wonder, is it that "difficult" to make some constructive feedback in a forum. Follow the "issue" in hand, not the messenger.

sosfinance

1,305 posts

Posted by sosfinance > 2018-03-10 08:39 | Report Abuse

Extract from UOB Kayan Feb 12, 2018

Telco business RM294m
Tower business - Myanmar RM700m
Tower business - Indonesia RM67m
Tower business - Vietnam RM114m
Renewable Energy RM16m
Notional interest savings-warrants RM5.6m

Total Equity Value RM1,197m

Share base 1,135.4m

Target price (RM/share) 1.05

(Share base before warrants conversion - 871m share, not sure why they do not make another assumption of no conversion of shares? The figure may be a lot higher.)

warchest

1,775 posts

Posted by warchest > 2018-03-11 09:28 | Report Abuse

Don' rely on UOB report numbers, they have more wrong than right. Do your own projections. EBITDA is improving as expected but than balance sheet getting riskier.

warchest

1,775 posts

Posted by warchest > 2018-03-11 09:29 | Report Abuse

If want to choose i prefer ekovest than OCK. At least they growing faster than OCK.

warchest

1,775 posts

Posted by warchest > 2018-03-11 09:32 | Report Abuse

The problem of OCK is the upside is limited as the price already captured the forward earnings. Don't blindy seeiing the growth of earnings without seeing the valuation mutiple

KISSinvest

141 posts

Posted by KISSinvest > 2018-03-15 13:09 | Report Abuse

sosfinance, i like your analysis, just that I wish I did like you to average down my cost for ock-wa everytime it bounced back for a while. I still believe that ock is a good stock, but unfortunately, I lost almost 30k on it. Be it a good stock or not, how to "operate" your buying and selling is the key to ultimately determine your gain. How stupid of me!

Post a Comment
Market Buzz