2 people like this.

28 comment(s). Last comment by sticky 2018-06-06 23:44

Beza

1,847 posts

Posted by Beza > 2018-06-04 13:04 | Report Abuse

Contracts have to be reviewed. Low can be lower.

Posted by Invest_Sensibly > 2018-06-04 13:09 | Report Abuse

Apa khabar Orion, Muda & Pworth?

ktsk88

5,284 posts

Posted by ktsk88 > 2018-06-04 13:10 | Report Abuse

the reasons why contracts is retracted, cancelled, reviewed because some can be directly handled by the Ministry's itself to increase revenue for the GOVT. Others can be still awarded to 3rd parties based on a lower fees.

CharlesT

14,572 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2018-06-04 13:24 | Report Abuse

I beg to differ.at least ah jib kor related counters will go holland for sure.

CharlesT

14,572 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2018-06-04 13:25 | Report Abuse

Destini is related to ex DPM Bugisman? Will he be spared? I doubt so.

CharlesT

14,572 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2018-06-04 13:27 | Report Abuse

C if any of these counters will do some show for dead cat rebound...

I remembered Lim thean Keat counters (good friend of anwar) such as magnum etc did put up some good show b4 he disposed all eventually

VenFx

14,784 posts

Posted by VenFx > 2018-06-04 13:30 | Report Abuse

As long as Wahid the brainless still inside umno, there is no hope for umno.

VenFx

14,784 posts

Posted by VenFx > 2018-06-04 13:31 | Report Abuse

Not to spare the Cow Mama also.

CharlesT

14,572 posts

Posted by CharlesT > 2018-06-04 13:44 | Report Abuse

Nevertheless can curi ayam a bit for technical rebound....dont fall in love will do

paperplane

21,542 posts

Posted by paperplane > 2018-06-04 13:54 | Report Abuse

I tot he going to said Ahmad Maslan the best candidate.....hehehe

Ricky Yeo

1,637 posts

Posted by Ricky Yeo > 2018-06-04 14:06 | Report Abuse

I think what many people isn't getting is that with the new government drive for more transparency and fair competition, most industries landscape is going to be even more competitive than ever before. Monopolies in certain industries might crumble, inefficient businesses that are previously limping by will go extinct, there will be winners i.e lowest cost manufacturers, efficient-run operators etc, but there will be a lot more losers. Far from saying new gov is bad to the economy. Conversely, it is beneficial to the overall economy because all the efficiencies get pass along to the consumers which improve their spending power. But what benefits the end users will make the business landscape more competitive and stock picking more challenging.

abang_misai

2,516 posts

Posted by abang_misai > 2018-06-04 14:18 | Report Abuse

Simple reasons why our friend icon8888 wrote the above article. He was trapped and wanted to get out.

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2018-06-04 15:13 | Report Abuse

The fruits of economic development must be shared among all races. Over emphasis on efficiency will lead to certain groups being marginalized.

It is not sustainable

Of course I am not saying that I support rent seekers that get paid for not doing anything. That is a different story

teoct

480 posts

Posted by teoct > 2018-06-04 15:28 | Report Abuse

I find the comments put forth here is most disturbing at best and totally nonsensical at the worst, save for @Ricky Yeo. Reaction in the market is like everything will end immediately, like, there is no tomorrow.

There got to be rule of law, that is, contracts awarded must be honored, especially those that had been awarded years ago. While those just awarded (like within last 6 months) could be cancelled with minimal loss to both parties (contractor as well as government). If there are corrupt practices, then, by all mean bring the evidence to MACC, charge them in court, not shout out here like they are guilty (especially just by association). Guilty until proven otherwise - is this the way forward??? Is this the new Malaysia we want? Guilty by association, guilty until proven otherwise?

Of course going forward, more competition is always desirable.

ilovehits

3,955 posts

Posted by ilovehits > 2018-06-04 16:13 | Report Abuse

Huh huh..

cheoky

2,819 posts

Posted by cheoky > 2018-06-04 19:53 | Report Abuse

Pls bait me out from TRC. Trc OK or not

Posted by Sebastian Sted Power > 2018-06-05 07:58 | Report Abuse

My feel is ICON hold a lot of UMNO-related shares.

kelvin1

116 posts

Posted by kelvin1 > 2018-06-05 08:00 | Report Abuse

政治只讲利益, 有何时讲情与恩?

OPMS

1,183 posts

Posted by OPMS > 2018-06-05 08:13 | Report Abuse

actually it is good if the mass keep pessimistic, you can collect super cheap :D

Want2Win

2,553 posts

Posted by Want2Win > 2018-06-05 11:52 |

Post removed.Why?

enning22

2,869 posts

Posted by enning22 > 2018-06-05 13:32 | Report Abuse

1,中立是奢侈。是无知,也是愚蠢。
2.鲁迅建议,应该痛打落水狗。要不当其翻身,将会再咬你一口。放虎归山,日后必成大患。

hankc

182 posts

Posted by hankc > 2018-06-05 15:10 | Report Abuse

Meritocracy, that's the way to go, baby.

3iii

12,805 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2018-06-06 06:11 | Report Abuse

>>>
(2) I am supportive of affirmative action. If a particular race is not doing so well, we should give them more chances. It is not good to have huge income disparity. (please do not scold me for supporting cronyism or corruption. That is a totally different story).<<<<

This policy was in existence for last 40 years.

Please write on its outcome so far, onjective)y and truthfully.

Is there a better and fairer alternative?

King7

461 posts

Posted by King7 > 2018-06-06 11:39 | Report Abuse

A party has done so much mistake and corruption and opportunity takes without any sense of stand for all wrong behavior. Icon8888 - i believe u r still in dreaming that created by these politician (similar in orang kampung). Most important they are NOT representing the race rather they are representing the people with muslim name by using race as a tools. In Malaysia there are 2 party one use race and another use religion for their benefits. WAKE UP!! now we have better choice! that simple.

pussycats

7,611 posts

Posted by pussycats > 2018-06-06 19:59 | Report Abuse

just follow S'pore model, how to help the Bumi ... U see, the Malay in S'pore is more educated & progress more compare to our Bumi. Learn from S'pore , no need to crack your head to get idea to help our Bumi, Just follow & adapt from S'pore model to help our Bumi. I rest my case.

soojinhou

869 posts

Posted by soojinhou > 2018-06-06 20:05 | Report Abuse

Affirmative action should not be based on race, but class. Why should Mercedes driving Malays receive assistance that should be channeled to the needy Malays instead? Anyway, it's not a total loss for crony stocks, but they need to grow up and compete. Those who have hitherto win contracts from who they know rather than what they know, they are surely in trouble now. Investors like us will need to separate the chaff from the wheat.

AzerothJr

649 posts

Posted by AzerothJr > 2018-06-06 23:14 | Report Abuse

Some affirmative action was based on class. Anyone remember RMT (rancangan makanan tambahan) even the poor citizens like me with no father received them when i was young? Quota system was as well based on class if one can argue, based on 70% bumiputra populations vs 20% chinese, 10% indian and rest of the races.
Just the way how people look at the program and how it was implemented that people had different perception that affirmative action is only meant for specific races.
If you look at Indonesia, you will indeed agree that affirmative action were still valuable program that may averted Malaysia the 1997 indonesia crisis. You remember similar incident but more severe 13th may in Indonesia at that time?
One can argue anywhere in the world when income disparity becomes so huge that the locals were like living as a slave to the non locals causes what happens is similar to scenario such as pre ww1 and ww2. It is a scary thing to imagine but it always happens.
So sometimes we cannot be so selfish as in to merely think what was taken away from us, instead be grateful of what we have / given.
If you are capable you don't need to be given these things, you will earned it yourself.
Its not as if in Malaysia when one is hardworking one will still live in poverty.
The social paradigm is still very much possible when one is hardworking in Malaysia be it you are a chinese, indian or bangladeshi.
So be grateful of that, many other people in this world does not have that privilege.

13 posts

Posted by sticky > 2018-06-06 23:44 | Report Abuse

Utusan - 49% direct own by Umno but i wouldn't buy.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz