4 people like this.

36 comment(s). Last comment by simon 2019-03-26 10:38

probability

14,402 posts

Posted by probability > 2018-09-01 12:54 | Report Abuse

whatever stock we touch all seem to be reporting poor earnings...

is Banking stock defensive?

in this time of uncertainties

Flintstones

1,762 posts

Posted by Flintstones > 2018-09-01 12:57 | Report Abuse

F***ing great article

calvintaneng

53,266 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2018-09-01 13:15 |

Post removed.Why?

tecpower

3,536 posts

Posted by tecpower > 2018-09-01 13:39 | Report Abuse

When to hit the bottom is unpredictable. According to your data, it has oscillated between 0.63-4.06. The average of the max and min values is 2.345. The current price is 1.93. As it is the below the average, I think it is not disappointing to buy the stock at the current price. If you can hold it for some time, it is likely that you will get profit.

Posted by InvertInvestment > 2018-09-01 14:15 | Report Abuse

For sure, buying now at 1.93 is definitely better than buying at 4.06. You can buy now and hold for years, I guarantee you will make money. I'm not worried about the fundamentals of Annjoo, it has been through so many business cycles since 1946.

But why catch the falling knife now, why don't wait some more?

Posted by tecpower > Sep 1, 2018 01:39 PM | Report Abuse

When to hit the bottom is unpredictable. According to your data, it has oscillated between 0.63-4.06. The average of the max and min values is 2.345. The current price is 1.93. As it is the below the average, I think it is not disappointing to buy the stock at the current price. If you can hold it for some time, it is likely that you will get profit.

JayC

1,302 posts

Posted by JayC > 2018-09-01 14:34 | Report Abuse

buy and holf for the dividend itself is worth it for ann joo

Up_down

4,281 posts

Posted by Up_down > 2018-09-01 14:57 | Report Abuse

Annjoo has fixed a dividend policy payout of 60% its of net profit. Any increase or decrease in future profit would impact the current dividend yield of 9%. Investors may factor in potential reduction future profit for next 2 quarters in steel sector given uncertainty in mega projects and dropping demand from property sector as well as depreciation of RM against USD.

lizi

1,968 posts

Posted by lizi > 2018-09-01 15:02 | Report Abuse

got people buy cyclical stock for dividend meh? seem like u did not get anything from the article. haha

Temp

655 posts

Posted by Temp > 2018-09-01 15:03 | Report Abuse

Just put Annjoo into watchlist and wait for another round. Maybe five years, or ten years. Buy below RM1.00, good dividend stock.

lizi

1,968 posts

Posted by lizi > 2018-09-01 15:05 | Report Abuse

different stock different method, be flexible.

Up_down

4,281 posts

Posted by Up_down > 2018-09-01 15:07 | Report Abuse

Perstima is another cyclical stock that is offering potential high dividend yield on riding higher earnings in next few quarters.

Posted by MoneyMachineGun > 2018-09-01 15:15 | Report Abuse

stupidest article ever on cyclicals.cyclicals last for 10years.get your facts right.

Posted by MoneyMachineGun > 2018-09-01 15:17 | Report Abuse

curious to know,u write stupid articles.how much have u made so far,millions?or just peanuts.pls look back at your track record on why u r losing all your life.

Posted by InvertInvestment > 2018-09-01 15:44 | Report Abuse

Yup, Perstima is another great cyclical play.

Posted by Up_down > Sep 1, 2018 03:07 PM | Report Abuse

Perstima is another cyclical stock that is offering potential high dividend yield on riding higher earnings in next few quarters.

Mark Lee

38 posts

Posted by Mark Lee > 2018-09-01 15:46 | Report Abuse

I bought Annjoo few months ago at 3.xx(after selling Pmetal at 5.5) because low PE, high DY, solid fundamental, favourable prospect and uptrend chart. Usually I'd cut loss at certain threshold but I hold the belief tight and it has cost me dearly, I'd even averaged down. This article summed up my painful journey buying commodity related stocks. Parted with the stock at 2 for hard to copy counters.

Posted by InvertInvestment > 2018-09-01 15:49 | Report Abuse

Been there, done that. Let's learn together from our mistakes :) Cyclicals have to treated differently.

Posted by Mark Lee > Sep 1, 2018 03:46 PM | Report Abuse

I bought Annjoo few months ago at 3.xx(after selling Pmetal at 5.5) because low PE, high DY, solid fundamental, favourable prospect and uptrend chart. Usually I'd cut loss at certain threshold but I hold the belief tight and it has cost me dearly, I'd even averaged down. This article summed up my painful journey buying commodity related stocks. Parted with the stock at 2 for hard to copy counters.

Posted by MoneyMachineGun > 2018-09-01 16:02 | Report Abuse

ok so the genius had been to Mars and even did jupiter.funny guy that thinks he can change the cyclical trends.no wonder buying stocks like masteel with heavy debts and shitty balance sheet

Mark Lee

38 posts

Posted by Mark Lee > 2018-09-01 16:07 | Report Abuse

Back then there are lots of promoters, blogs to help you understand the wonders of steel-related counters. Now I simply avoid crowded places. Try to be fearful when people are greedy.

tecpower

3,536 posts

Posted by tecpower > 2018-09-01 16:35 | Report Abuse

KUALA LUMPUR (Sept 1): The Kuala Lumpur-Singapore high-speed rail (HSR) mega project will be deferred for two years without penalty to either nation, The Edge weekly reported in its Sept 3 issue.

According to the report using sources, the agreement was reached “in a spirit of good neighbourliness” as Singapore recognises the strain the construction would place on Malaysia’s financial health.

The agreement will be in effect until May 31, 2020

Putrajaya could have ended up paying RM500 million in penalties to the Lion City if the RM110 billion KL-Spore HSR project was scrapped.

“It is worth noting that the legally binding agreement between the two nations for the project, signed in 2016, contains no provisions for such a postponement,” wrote The Edge.

Talking to the business weekly in May during his first press interview after he was appointed prime minister for the second time, Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad said: “The terms of agreement (for the HSR) are such that if we decide to drop the project, it will cost us a lot of money. We have entered into an agreement with Singapore.

“If we break the agreement, we have to pay a very large sum of money. So, we are going to find out how we can reduce the amount of money we have to pay for breaking the agreement.”

Economic Affairs Minister Datuk Seri Azmin Ali led a Malaysian a team to negotiate the agreement a few days ago.

He held meetings with Singapore Transport Minister Khaw Boon Wan and the republic’s Foreign Minister Dr Vivian Balakrishnan.

“We are inching closer towards a win-win deal on HSR, thanks to the hardwork (sic) of officials from both sides,” Azmin said in a tweet on Aug 30.

Earlier last month, Azmin also said that privatisation of the HSR project is not among the options presented to the Singapore government.

"What I did was to explain the current economic situation and condition prevailing in Malaysia," Azmin said.

"Our priority is to reduce the government's expenditure, not increase our borrowings. The (Singapore) transport minister expressed appreciation over our predicament (which is) to cancel the project or defer it. Privatisation is not an offer."

Even Deputy Defence Minister Liew Chin Tong commented on the issue about a week ago, saying both the HSR and the East Coast Rail Link (ECRL) projects cost too much and mean very little to Malaysia in terms of connectivity and regional strategy.

Liew expressed doubts about the HSR’s viability, noting that the passenger-only link between Kuala Lumpur and Singapore would never generate the sort of traffic enjoyed between Beijing and Shanghai.

"I have doubts if HSR can even generate income to pay for operations, not to mention to have returns on investments."
https://www.edgeprop.my/content/1419195/report-malaysia-singapore-hsr-deferred-two-years

tecpower

3,536 posts

Posted by tecpower > 2018-09-01 16:37 | Report Abuse

Win-win deal on HSR inching closer assures Malaysian Minister
https://www.icompareloan.com/resources/win-win-deal-on-hsr/

tecpower

3,536 posts

Posted by tecpower > 2018-09-01 16:43 | Report Abuse

Gov't received offers to build ECRL for RM10bil: Dr M
https://www.nst.com.my/news/government-public-policy/2018/08/405724/govt-received-offers-build-ecrl-rm10bil-dr-m

ming

2,054 posts

Posted by ming > 2018-09-02 00:53 | Report Abuse

Existing revenue mainly generate from project MRT2/LRT3 (infra part). All these still ongoing so nx few qr revenue can expect still sustainable.

Hsr not even start.. no much impact yet.

Btw, trx & bbcc also ongoing eh..

ming

2,054 posts

Posted by ming > 2018-09-02 00:59 | Report Abuse

Some new property project along the hsr/ecrl route might get affect.. but those propety alrd start construct will not stop suka suka hati..
My view is the steel demand still can tahan 2 years. Who know nx year Tun M create more construction work?

Anyway, this article at least remind us when is the peak to exit where i dont think now is the time

Posted by InvertInvestment > 2018-09-02 01:36 | Report Abuse

ming, you see, the expectation of those mega infra works are cooked into previous high prices. That's why they are beaten down now. With the gradual increased production capacity, it's not likely to be sustainable for long IMO.

Posted by ming > Sep 2, 2018 12:53 AM | Report Abuse

Existing revenue mainly generate from project MRT2/LRT3 (infra part). All these still ongoing so nx few qr revenue can expect still sustainable.

Hsr not even start.. no much impact yet.

Btw, trx & bbcc also ongoing eh..

ming

2,054 posts

Posted by ming > 2018-09-02 02:25 | Report Abuse

Agreed Prospect had minus score after delay/cancel ecrl/hsr.

But i dont see the effect of increasing supply yet.. in contrast, the demand also growing as well..

if compare the 4 steel company revenue (y-y), there are still increasing (double digit growth) while the avearge steel price actually remain around 2400/mt since 2017 (prove of demand growing), except apr-jun 2017 @ 21xx & jan-mar 2018 @ 26xx

Retailer hard to judge the actual demand/supply ; but we may follow the steel price to know demand/supply situation and which is able to trace weekly

Posted by InvertInvestment > 2018-09-02 10:41 | Report Abuse

ming, let me quote from the latest quarter reports of the 4 steel makers.

Annjoo "The Group expects to increase its proportion of export sales amidst lacklustre near-term domestic demand."

Masteel: "In the ensuing months, the domestic steel market is expected to be well supplied resulting in steel prices remaining subdued"

Ssteel: "With the reviews on some of the infrastructure projects by the Government, demand is expected to slow down temporarily"

Lionind "The operating environment is anticipated to remain challenging in the next financial year in view of the prevailing market conditions."

Domestic demand is slowing down whilst getting well suppled, it's not hard to see where steel price is heading towards. By the way, do you mind share about this -> "we may follow the steel price to know demand/supply situation and which is able to trace weekly"?

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-09-02 10:46 |

Post removed.Why?

titus

4,158 posts

Posted by titus > 2018-09-02 11:34 | Report Abuse

Lol...every thread that related to steel, sure will somehow see the word otb. Qqq3, u been burn burn by him ah? Come, tell us ur side of the story. We let ur dry ur tears here while we get to learn something with the hope of not stepping the landmines.

tecpower

3,536 posts

Posted by tecpower > 2018-09-02 12:24 | Report Abuse

The article below suggests that the government will be able to start spending much more on infrastructure in two years.

---
KUALA LUMPUR (Sept 1): The Kuala Lumpur-Singapore high-speed rail (HSR) mega project will be deferred for two years without penalty to either nation, The Edge weekly reported in its Sept 3 issue.

tecpower

3,536 posts

Posted by tecpower > 2018-09-02 12:27 | Report Abuse

JPMorgan Sees MSCI China Rebounding 14% as Sell-off Is Overdone
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-08-29/jpmorgan-sees-msci-china-rebounding-14-as-sell-off-is-overdone

valuelurker

1,133 posts

Posted by valuelurker > 2018-09-02 13:32 | Report Abuse

Nice, keep it up

Alex™

12,581 posts

Posted by Alex™ > 2018-09-03 19:04 | Report Abuse

Nice. Keep it

LoiTC

2 posts

Posted by LoiTC > 2018-09-04 19:32 | Report Abuse

May be you can some rebar price from this site.

http://www.sunsirs.com/uk/prodetail-927.html

Posted by InvertInvestment > 2018-09-04 23:49 | Report Abuse

Thanks LoiTC, appreciate it

Posted by LoiTC > Sep 4, 2018 07:32 PM | Report Abuse

May be you can some rebar price from this site.

http://www.sunsirs.com/uk/prodetail-927.html

calvintaneng

53,266 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2019-03-26 10:12 | Report Abuse

Prestar now on a cyclical uptrend from highway projects roll out

simon

206 posts

Posted by simon > 2019-03-26 10:38 | Report Abuse

Mr Calvin, since steel stock look like down trend, so at this time masteel or annjoo is not a good buy ? TQ

Post a Comment
Market Buzz