Be the first to like this.

105 comment(s). Last comment by Larrytrader 2018-09-17 08:42

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-09-13 00:43 | Report Abuse

What is Really Wrong with the Malays? nothing.

should ask what is wrong with Islam?

for a country with majority of Islam faith....it is doing very well already.

Islam is a very repressive religion.

for a Malay politician, it is much easier to succumb to it than to strive.

calvintaneng

53,285 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2018-09-13 01:42 | Report Abuse

Fortunebullz is correct

Malays are now more intelligent.

They also don't want the politics of entitlement which is short term gain for a few in power at the expense of the masses who benefit little because opportunity has shrunk and the cake has also shrunken until nothing much left.

So they have voted for a new Malaysia.

Posted by Jonathan Keung > 2018-09-13 05:03 | Report Abuse

uncle kyy need to let go of the past. as a minority in the country we cannot demand 100 % equality but hopefully under this new Malaysia we dont get discriminated or down right road blocks. just my personal take

vespa

818 posts

Posted by vespa > 2018-09-13 05:09 | Report Abuse

KYY's comments are unnecessary and troubling

smalltimer

1,501 posts

Posted by smalltimer > 2018-09-13 05:13 | Report Abuse

I think some people are trapped in the past

calvintaneng

53,285 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2018-09-13 06:10 | Report Abuse

Good morning

NEW PH GOVT must discard or correct the past imbalance and discrimination

If those Malaysian Chinese diaspora realise real genuine change they will come back to stay or work or invest.

If not they will just stand aloof and observe only

henry888

2,247 posts

Posted by henry888 > 2018-09-13 06:55 | Report Abuse

International law protects the minority. A total different scenario.

Kawelegen

301 posts

Posted by Kawelegen > 2018-09-13 07:01 | Report Abuse

qqq3 don't play play with religion. Very dangerous statement you made in the multi religious country.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2018-09-13 08:17 | Report Abuse

G.I.G.O.......garbage in, garbage out

The whole system is not right from the beginning of nation-building....

wrong footing...........hence unsustainable socioeconomic model....

.......causes disunity.......discrimination......oppression of truly contributing patriotic minorities.....resultant brain drain.....

wrong leaders.....wrong policies

wrong history text/education.........G.I.G.O........anak2 Msia with wrong mindset

history text is supposed to teach....

science unites ppl across the globe while religion divides ppl of a same country

A great nation or civilization would boom and prosper to the greatest height, strength and glory with knowledge, scientific and technological pursuit......

........while overindulgence and obsession on spiritual, divinity and religion.

In Bernard Lewis's phrasing, "The Renaissance, Reformation, even the Scientific Revolution and the Enlightenment, passed unnoticed in the Muslim World."

Yes, the way forward ......(Economic) Revival, (Education) Reformation and (Scientific) Revolution

Still stuck with the regressively out-dated Rs agenda?

Posted by EatCoconutCanWin > 2018-09-13 08:32 | Report Abuse

KYY don't talk 3 talk 4 and talk cock.

1Bid

65 posts

Posted by 1Bid > 2018-09-13 08:40 | Report Abuse

Truth but sad truth. Malaysia could have been the wealthiest and strongest country in SEA.

Our neighbor doesn't even has water to drink, the most essential element for life. Yet, x3 stronger.

godhand

1,885 posts

Posted by godhand > 2018-09-13 08:44 | Report Abuse

calvin gor ah. have u ever work with malay? they are so lazy with exception of a few who are willing to learn from the chinese.

Posted by EatCoconutCanWin > 2018-09-13 08:49 | Report Abuse

IF you said malays is problem, why they still well manage this country till today. dont simply racist la, look into the mirror first.

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2018-09-13 08:49 | Report Abuse

THe most important skills have never been taught in schools.......i.e. learning how to thick.....like Zoroaster, Lao Zu and Socrates

.......and learning how to learn.....like Ibnu Sina, Leonardo da Vinci and Jack Ma

(........despite insanely overwhelming number of wasteful hours for poor quality and impactless moral and agama lessons)

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2018-09-13 08:54 | Report Abuse

P. Ramlee, Siti Kasim and BaKri Musa are great Malays.....not the problem

When a nation or civilization fails........the system is faulty......(yes, the rulers need to bear the responsibility responsibly).......

.......not the ppl

godhand

1,885 posts

Posted by godhand > 2018-09-13 08:55 | Report Abuse

eat coconut. take chinese out of the equation and tell us again. well be backward like laos or cambodia.

if u study history, we were way ahead of singapore we have resources advantage singapore has nothing to start with but fishes, what happen now? how is the policy implementation good? it only make the malay lazy which is not good. malay is 70% of the country. this is why so many chinese succeed because theres 70% less competition and they become cronies which is not good

Up_down

4,281 posts

Posted by Up_down > 2018-09-13 09:20 | Report Abuse

Chinese is seen more successful and competitive relatively to Malay largely due to the discrimination policies. Without protectism of Malay, I don't think Chinese able to enjoy 'syiok' comparing to other races. It would bring harm to the country in long term. The political leaders should stop attacking laziness of other race as it is the end results of over protectism policies created by them. They have to find a good solution to fix it.

calvintaneng

53,285 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2018-09-13 10:43 | Report Abuse

godhand

Not all Malays are lazy

The Malay staff working as teller in Public Banks are as hard working as the Chinese
In Public Bank the motto is to let customer queue for not more than 2 minutes under normal banking days

Malays in Singapore are even more hard working.
i know of a retired Singaporean Malay who worked for PUB.

He said that he would ride a motorbike at night and check up on all the lamp posts in Singapore at night. Whenever he sees a fused bulb he will notify the electrician to replace a new bulb by the next day.

For Singapore Roads they are even more careful to check up on pot holes

I have been driving in Singapore for over 30 years.

After 30 long years i only kena one pot hole. Only one pot hole after driving for 30 years in Singapore?

In Malaysia certain stretch of road you will kena pot holes very frequently.

In Spore the Civil servants are not than many compared to the 1.6 Millions Govt Servants in Malaysia.

Where were these workers when our roads are pocketed with pot holes?

Why the bloated number of civil servants with poor road maintainence?

So i think it is a culture of entitlement.

Work more or work less also get the same salary. So do as little as possible to get by?

Thus this job security is really a bane to the Malay race

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-09-13 11:21 | Report Abuse

Posted by Kawelegen > Sep 13, 2018 07:01 AM | Report Abuse

qqq3 don't play play with religion. Very dangerous statement you made in the multi religious country.
==========================================

there are those in power encourages me to bring it up.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-09-13 11:36 | Report Abuse

cup half full or half empty?

without Mahathir sending thousands to be educated overseas, without government actions to educate thousands of Malays in universities they would otherwise not have the opportunity...would the country have been better off?

I choose to look at it as cup half full.....country at least better off than Uganda's Idi Amin.

calvintaneng

53,285 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2018-09-13 12:07 | Report Abuse

Malaysia still better than India, Indonesia, Bangla, Nepal, Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam and even China in some ways

See so many Bangla, Nepal, Indonesia, Vietnam and even China nationals coming to Malaysia for work

But Malaysia should excel like Singapore, Korea or Japan given its many resources

calvintaneng

53,285 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2018-09-13 12:12 | Report Abuse

Singapore has no natural resources like Malaysia, Malaysia has no typhoon like Korea or earthquake and tsunami like Japan

Malaysia has oil and the strategic location at the Straights of Melaka.

Malaysia should thrive if entitlement and corruption can be replaced by meritocracy.

nasaie24

1,250 posts

Posted by nasaie24 > 2018-09-13 12:21 | Report Abuse

The only wrong thing with the Malays is not that they're genetically lazy or stupid. It is simply because they did not join the tin mining industry.

This is capitalism, rich will get richer, money will be compounded, those who joined, their next generations continue to thrive depending how much they make. Money/Capital best weapon in capitalism. I don't need to elaborate further, those who understand will understand. Opening a business with 10k vs a competitor with 100k capital is like going to war with 10k soldiers vs 100k.

Malays obviously did not just sit back, they used the weapon that they have, numbers. In a democracy, numbers matter.

nasaie24

1,250 posts

Posted by nasaie24 > 2018-09-13 12:25 | Report Abuse

Although later on, oil industry started to have more impact and brought investors and japanese easy money, they continue to be directed towards the west coast, especially klang valley where the tin miners own much of the assets, land etc.

joekit

833 posts

Posted by joekit > 2018-09-13 12:34 | Report Abuse

eh...why play racism card again? by pointing out what is wrong with malay seems like very kind and wanting them to be better but really is just another trick to stir up racial hatred. there is absolutely nothing wrong with malay, chinese or indian or whatever because we are now all malaysian. i thought that is the biggest ideology propagated by PH govt. since history, they have used the technique of 'divide and conquer' to control the people. actually when 3 races join force, we are formidable. very very strong and harmony people.look at how PH won the race? its all because of rakyat unity spirit and it was refreshing wasnt it? to be togehter with other races like a big family with one heart and objective that is to see a better malaysia for ourselves and generation.

DreamGuardian

1,120 posts

Posted by DreamGuardian > 2018-09-13 12:35 | Report Abuse

What is REALLY wrong with Chinese? Chinese like CalvinTanEng & KYY, for example. Perhaps they are still unable to accept the fact that Malaysia will NEVER ever become a Chinese-dominated country like Singapore. In that case, they better start learning fast. Before the Malay/Bumiputera community of Malaysia start getting fed up with their endless Chinese chauvinist antics & attitudes.

It is nothing to do with so called 'culture of entitlement', so called 'bloated civil service', blah blah blah.

Do not compare Malaysia with Singapore. Or even Korea, Japan & Taiwan. Also do not compare Malays of Malaysia & Malays of Singapore. Many Malays from Singapore hv in fact immigrated to Malaysia. Becos Singapore does not feel like a Malay home to them anymore.

We respect Chinese for their hard working culture, their entrepreneurship acumen, etc. But do not ever think, even for one moment, that all those things will ever make Malay/Bumiputera community accept Chinese dominance of Malaysia. So, grow up & get real.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-09-13 12:36 | Report Abuse

DreamGuardian > Sep 13, 2018 12:31 PM | Report Abuse

What is REALLY wrong with Chinese?
==========

agreed...cup half full or half empty is really a choice ....

kllady_fidah

1,686 posts

Posted by kllady_fidah > 2018-09-13 12:38 | Report Abuse

The fault is not entirely the Malays.The Chinese saw the weaknesses/tolerance of Malays and use it to get to the upper hand.
It takes 2 to Tango.Over the years these practices become embedded in the society until what it is today.
Is money everything we strive for? Chew on it guys

moneypedia

5,987 posts

Posted by moneypedia > 2018-09-13 12:39 | Report Abuse

aiyo calvin..dont compare small country with another bigger one regarding road safety,etc..even singaporean eager to drive crazy in malaysia. small country, but debts also bigger than malaysia. people in singapore also forced to bcome robot i think.

zayady

524 posts

Posted by zayady > 2018-09-13 12:44 | Report Abuse

Avoid racist issue, everyone need each other in this country, either u Malay, Chines or Indian, we have build this sate/country together. Throw away ur OTAK racists if u think about future generation's, nobody wanted any war or clashes among rakyat. Be matured to think dun be like kampungan. I just advising young peoples to think, at least Malaysian is not like other country where u are not to used ur sir name, talk in own language and not allowed to hv our chines or indian schools, u know what country is that. Think wisely bro.

zayady

524 posts

Posted by zayady > 2018-09-13 12:45 | Report Abuse

My last words "dun play with fire" its might burn u back.

calvintaneng

53,285 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2018-09-13 12:48 | Report Abuse

Hi guys,

Please dispel these misconceptions:

1) Being a minority race Chinese will never dominate Malaysia

2) This discussion is NOT TO STIR UP RACIAL FEELINGS. But to seek the betterment of our Malay friends

3) For Calvin he only post
out of
concern and genuine compassion. Or else like many who have emigrated will say, "Why bother?"

4) So see the reason why we share openly with no hidden agenda but only for the overall good of Malaysia

YOU MUST REMEMBER HISTORY

A) IT WAS JOSEPH WHO SAVED EGYPT FROM 7 YEARS OF FAMINE AND STARVATION. AND JOSEPH WAS A JEW

B) EVEN USA BEING A WHITE MAN NATION IS MATURED ENOUGH TO ALLOW A BLACK NEGRO OBAMA TO BE THE PRESIDENT OF USA

C) SO MALAYSIA SHOULD BREAK OUT FROM ITS OLD MINDSET IF IT WANTS TO BE A GREAT NATION

Posted by EatCoconutCanWin > 2018-09-13 12:48 | Report Abuse

if you don't like stay in malaysia. just leave. dont complain here and there. malaysia is a multi culture country. if you think some race are not good and you are better,then just shut up and go away from this country.

DreamGuardian

1,120 posts

Posted by DreamGuardian > 2018-09-13 12:49 | Report Abuse

SpeedyBoy, dude. Just cut that so called 'problematic Malay' crap of yours. If Malays were that bad-ass 'bad', you wud not even be a 'Malaysian' today.

Come to think of it, perhaps our Malay forefathers shud indeed hv been much more bad-ass than they were. In which case, Malaysia today would hv been something like Indonesia. A bit poorer & less developed than today, perhaps, but nonetheless with much less political problems arising out of whining sectors of the population descended from relatively recently arrived immigrant communities.

DreamGuardian

1,120 posts

Posted by DreamGuardian > 2018-09-13 12:52 | Report Abuse

Posted by calvintaneng > Sep 13, 2018 12:48 PM | Report Abuse

A) IT WAS JOSEPH WHO SAVED EGYPT FROM 7 YEARS OF FAMINE AND STARVATION. AND JOSEPH WAS A JEW

Hebrew-Israelite BS. Start reading & studying some real, authentic Egyptian history.

calvintaneng

53,285 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2018-09-13 12:53 | Report Abuse

Posted by EatCoconutCanWin > Sep 13, 2018 12:48 PM | Report Abuse

if you don't like stay in malaysia. just leave. dont complain here and there. malaysia is a multi culture country. if you think some race are not good and you are better,then just shut up and go away from this country.

YOU MISSED THE POINT ALREADY MY FRIEND

ALL MEN ARE EQUAL BEFORE GOD. THE MALAYS HAVE THEIR RIGHTS IF GOVERNED
WELL NOT BY HANDOUTS AND SHORT CUTS. BY PROVIDING ENTITLEMENT (CLUTCHES) THE WILL TO COMPETE WILL BE STIFLED. BUT SETTING THEM FREE THEY TOO, CAN RISE UP

THIS IS WHAT WE HOPE TO SEE. PROSPER THY NEIGHBOUR AND YOU SHALL PROSPER

IF MALAYS DO WELL EVERY ONE WILL ALSO BE BETTER COLLECTIVELY

SO GET IT STRAIGHT

DreamGuardian

1,120 posts

Posted by DreamGuardian > 2018-09-13 12:55 | Report Abuse

Posted by Speedy Boy > Sep 13, 2018 12:46 PM | Report Abuse

Dreamguardian! No worries, already one million local chinese youth are working in China! In Malaysia, there's only less than 5 million local chinese actually studying, working and living here! Yet over 90% of the business and properties are own by local chinese! In the end even if 90% of the population are malays, chances are 95% of the economy, business and properties will be with local and overseas chinese!

Oh yeah? Really, dude. Well, if that is truly the case, then I really wonder why you are still whining & bleating on I3 every frekkin day.

Posted by obinam1967 > 2018-09-13 12:56 | Report Abuse

What is really wrong with KYY? Frustrated with JAKS? Malaysia Baru is only 4 month old.

calvintaneng

53,285 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2018-09-13 12:57 | Report Abuse

Ok guys

Please be polite

Even if you differ in opinion just share your very best thoughts & ideas

DreamGuardian

1,120 posts

Posted by DreamGuardian > 2018-09-13 12:59 | Report Abuse

Posted by Speedy Boy > Sep 13, 2018 12:55 PM | Report Abuse

Answer : Historically, malays are very docile race!

Nope. We are NOT a docile race. We are a highly TOLERANT people. Better start understanding the difference. Before too late.

DreamGuardian

1,120 posts

Posted by DreamGuardian > 2018-09-13 13:04 | Report Abuse

Posted by calvintaneng > Sep 13, 2018 12:53 PM | Report Abuse

YOU MISSED THE POINT ALREADY MY FRIEND

SO GET IT STRAIGHT

Nope. YOU missed the point, my friend.

I return this 'SO GET IT STRAIGHT' advice back to you. If this country is so shit for you, well, you know what to do.

DreamGuardian

1,120 posts

Posted by DreamGuardian > 2018-09-13 13:07 | Report Abuse

Posted by Speedy Boy > Sep 13, 2018 01:02 PM | Report Abuse

Answer : Docile and tolerant are characteristic of malays!

Nope. Only tolerant, but NOT docile. If you meet me some time, I can quite happily & easily show you how UN-docile a real Malay is.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-09-13 13:08 | Report Abuse

osted by Speedy Boy > Sep 13, 2018 01:04 PM | Report Abuse

And i don't understand why you are so angry with yourself! Accept the fact, malay population will eventually hit over 80% and local chinese population will shrink below 10% in 100 years time!
===========

no need 100 years...but its ok....like In Indonesia.....all the money in Chinese hands.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2018-09-13 13:09 | Report Abuse

malays can still pray 5 times a day or as often as they like.

DreamGuardian

1,120 posts

Posted by DreamGuardian > 2018-09-13 13:12 | Report Abuse

Posted by zayady > Sep 13, 2018 12:44 PM | Report Abuse

Avoid racist issue, everyone need each other in this country, either u Malay, Chines or Indian, we have build this sate/country together. Throw away ur OTAK racists if u think about future generation's, nobody wanted any war or clashes among rakyat. Be matured to think dun be like kampungan. I just advising young peoples to think, at least Malaysian is not like other country where u are not to used ur sir name, talk in own language and not allowed to hv our chines or indian schools, u know what country is that.

I know what country that one is. And they hv indeed made a wise decision for themselves in the long term. They now no more hv problems of people descended from recently immigrated people still speaking in the language of their ancient ancestors, refusing to adapt to & adopt fully the culture & language of their new homeland.

DreamGuardian

1,120 posts

Posted by DreamGuardian > 2018-09-13 13:25 | Report Abuse

Posted by qqq3 > Sep 13, 2018 01:08 PM | Report Abuse

no need 100 years...but its ok....like In Indonesia.....all the money in Chinese hands.

Really? And what if the Indonesian Prez one day decide to freeze all their bank accounts? Or simply cut their hands off.

DreamGuardian

1,120 posts

Posted by DreamGuardian > 2018-09-13 13:31 | Report Abuse

Posted by Speedy Boy > Sep 13, 2018 01:24 PM | Report Abuse

I think it's high time for Mr Koon to never again raise this issue everytime Mahathir bash malays! He is adding more anger that finding solution!

Oh, he can raise this issue as often as he likes, with that profoundly loose arse of his that he thinks is a mouth. But he must not blame anyone else if some crazy Malay/Bumiputera dude decides that he has had enough of KYY's stinkin Chinese chauvinistic BS.

Posted by 10212264665705646 > 2018-09-13 13:35 |

Post removed.Why?

probability

14,402 posts

Posted by probability > 2018-09-13 13:43 | Report Abuse

"what is wrong?" is a very racist title...

i can name 10 wrong things from the other race's perception and interests....on the race Koon is favorable...

as wrong or right is subjective....depending on the interest of majority.

its much easier to identify a universally right and wrong if there are no segregation, categorization, stereotyping based on race, religion, language...

its easier if we call all as a human race, with a single language (english) without any religion.....

only religion being science, logics and empathy for another living organism

open up guys...we need to eradicate mentality of these old racist generations.

DreamGuardian

1,120 posts

Posted by DreamGuardian > 2018-09-13 13:49 | Report Abuse

Posted by probability > Sep 13, 2018 01:39 PM | Report Abuse

"what is wrong?" is a very racist title...

i can name 10 wrong things from the other race's perception and interests....on the race Koon is favorable...

as wrong or right is subjective....depending on the interest of majority.

its much easier to identify a universally right and wrong if there are no segregation, categorization, stereotyping based on race, religion, language...

its easier if we call all as a human race, with a single language (english) without any religion.....

only religion being science, logics and empathy for another living organism

open up guys...we need to eradicate mentality of these old racist generations.

Nope, KYY's views are not favourable at all. He is merely an opportunistic BS master. And so also is his good friend TDM.

And we also need to be embracing the political reality. Not forever molly coddling ourselves in some fantasy utopian ideality.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz