Be the first to like this.

8 comment(s). Last comment by Choivo Capital 2020-05-12 18:18

Sslee

4,797 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2020-05-10 13:37 | Report Abuse

Haha
Hold Top Glove and GL. One for safety and one for food.
My HSBC bank keep asking me to convert by FD to bond as bond give better yield than FD interest.

Sslee

4,797 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2020-05-10 13:38 | Report Abuse

Sorry typo error QL not GL

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2020-05-10 13:54 | Report Abuse

Just go and buy banks for long term, even if u take a hit, in long term it will turn out to be just find loh...!!

The banks business model and balance sheet right now are very solid mah....!!

Do not worry loh....!!

Yu_and_Mee

3,442 posts

Posted by Yu_and_Mee > 2020-05-11 07:53 | Report Abuse

Calvin, mind to share what do you hold after your article sharing? It seems to be holding anything also useless....?

Posted by Philip ( buy what you understand) > 2020-05-11 09:44 | Report Abuse

I have never held fixed deposit in my entire life, as I believe the returns from stocks in Bursa is far too great.

One thing you have to realize is that there is no double taxation of dividends from companies. Meaning when you receive dividends locally, there is no 30% tax on dividends unlike in USA stocks.

This makes it far more useful to hold stocks that fixed deposits.

Even when I loss everything during the 90s, I still believed this was true. I put my money in leveraging on ASB by dealing with my bumi staff and friends and converting it to real stock certificates that I held and taking out yearly dividends and splitting it with them.

In my opinion even with the risk of volatility and fraud, holding stocks in the long run will always be better than commodities.

It's not like holding a barrel of oil or bar of gold will multiply itself for you over time. But choosing a company with excellent management and cash that is able to navigate out of this crisis, we will see wonderful growth and returns in the future.

As for holding cash, holding a portion of it as insurance ( and paying the premium that is devaluation) is ok to take advantage of the market. However being all in cash over the long term is silly. I have lived for many decades, and I have seen huge almost every decade. Noodles used to cost 20 cents, and I remember paying 15 cents for a bottle of cola. Imagine holding cash hoard over 60 years, you would be wiped out.

In the end, all I can say is: buy what you understand.

Posted by Simonalibaba > 2020-05-11 09:48 | Report Abuse

Hold on to GOD. May GOD Bless us all.

Lyo82

396 posts

Posted by Lyo82 > 2020-05-11 09:50 | Report Abuse

1 sentence: Invest at your own risk.

Posted by Choivo Capital > 2020-05-12 18:18 | Report Abuse

I can't say it better.

====
Philip ( buy what you understand) I have never held fixed deposit in my entire life, as I believe the returns from stocks in Bursa is far too great.

One thing you have to realize is that there is no double taxation of dividends from companies. Meaning when you receive dividends locally, there is no 30% tax on dividends unlike in USA stocks.

This makes it far more useful to hold stocks that fixed deposits.

Even when I loss everything during the 90s, I still believed this was true. I put my money in leveraging on ASB by dealing with my bumi staff and friends and converting it to real stock certificates that I held and taking out yearly dividends and splitting it with them.

In my opinion even with the risk of volatility and fraud, holding stocks in the long run will always be better than commodities.

It's not like holding a barrel of oil or bar of gold will multiply itself for you over time. But choosing a company with excellent management and cash that is able to navigate out of this crisis, we will see wonderful growth and returns in the future.

As for holding cash, holding a portion of it as insurance ( and paying the premium that is devaluation) is ok to take advantage of the market. However being all in cash over the long term is silly. I have lived for many decades, and I have seen huge almost every decade. Noodles used to cost 20 cents, and I remember paying 15 cents for a bottle of cola. Imagine holding cash hoard over 60 years, you would be wiped out.

In the end, all I can say is: buy what you understand.
11/05/2020 9:44 AM

Post a Comment
Market Buzz