6 people like this.

18 comment(s). Last comment by SpeedyBoy 2023-05-29 16:54

Royce Chan

297 posts

Posted by Royce Chan > 2023-05-27 14:44 | Report Abuse

If YTL Corp is so strong as you wrote why didn't they declare any dividend in their just reported sterling quarter? And not to be discounted that the respective exceptional strong quarter was mainly due to disposal gain from a power unit overseas being a one off gain.

speakup

25,060 posts

Posted by speakup > 2023-05-27 21:29 | Report Abuse

Syok sendiri article

dragon328

1,895 posts

Posted by dragon328 > 2023-05-28 12:17 | Report Abuse

Royce Chan, the disposal gain was booked in last year, not this year. There was not exceptional item in this Q3, so the strong earnings will sustain in coming quarters.

dragon328

1,895 posts

Posted by dragon328 > 2023-05-28 12:17 | Report Abuse

YTL typically declares dividend only in the final quarter, you can expect higher dividend than last year when they report Q4 in August.

dragon328

1,895 posts

Posted by dragon328 > 2023-05-28 12:19 | Report Abuse

whether I syok sendiri or someone has missed out on this stock, time will tell. Friday huge buying volume already speaks louder than @speakup.

rchi

20,912 posts

Posted by rchi > 2023-05-28 13:02 | Report Abuse

Dragon328 spent lots of time researching YTL group of companies.Contributors like him are rare in i3.

rchi

20,912 posts

Posted by rchi > 2023-05-28 13:05 | Report Abuse

He shared his findings unselfishly.Whether his final targets will be met is not an issue to me.Why expect someone to babysit you from day 1?Hahaha.

UnicornP

2,748 posts

Posted by UnicornP > 2023-05-28 14:17 | Report Abuse

I wish dragon can publish an article on SLVEST.

dragon328

1,895 posts

Posted by dragon328 > 2023-05-28 23:46 | Report Abuse

I do not set a target price for the stocks that I cover, but rather I just suggest a fair price based on cashflow yield or sum-of-parts.

At times, the fair price I suggest looks high to some, it is just that the company has yet to show the earnings growth I projected or the market has not realised the earnings potential of the company.

For example, when I first published the article on YTL Power in last May, I already stated that PowerSeraya had made gross margin of S$60-80/MWh before back in 2009-2013 based on my studies, but nobody believed it then and the company had not shown such earnings power yet. Now in this Q3, PowerSeraya has showed that it has indeed made gross margin of S$80/MWh but some analysts/investors tend to think that such high margin is not sustainable and is just one-off. Let the time proves it wrong or right.

Now I have been talking about the potential of the green data centres, but nobody or no analyst has given any value to this new business division as it has not yet started contributing earnings yet. By the time this division starts to contribute tens of millions of profit every quarter, it will be too late to chase this stock.

For us to beat the market, we need to study well and make reasonable assumptions on earnings potential, and see things before the market does, then only we can outperform and buy at low prices. FYI, I have grabbed plenty of YTLP shares at around 70 sen when I first published the 1st article. Again patience is the key.

dragon328

1,895 posts

Posted by dragon328 > 2023-05-28 23:54 | Report Abuse

I am glad many have found my articles useful, especially those who have the knowledge and patience to really study the accounts and the numbers. As you have probably noticed, stocks that I cover do not immediately go up in share prices, so my articles and recommendations are not suitable for short term traders who tend to skip the contents of the article but purely look at the "high target price". When they see share prices do not move up in few days, they will complain and talk down on the "high target price". I don't give a damn. It is better for short term traders to sell quickly so that I can accumulate more. I welcome constructive comments and critics but please back them with facts and sincerity.

MG9231

770 posts

Posted by MG9231 > 2023-05-29 07:35 | Report Abuse

Thanks for your valuable contribution.
I always take it positively and welcome others contributions as well and of course decision of my investment is based on own thinking and digestion of what I read without blaming to any contributor.

Sslee

4,661 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2023-05-29 08:35 | Report Abuse

SINGAPORE: Singapore will import 100 megawatts (MW) of electricity from Malaysia as part of a two-year trial, under a joint agreement between YTL PowerSeraya and TNB Genco.

This marks the first time that electricity from Malaysia will be supplied to Singapore on a commercial basis.

Announcing this on Monday (Jan 30), YTL PowerSeraya said the electricity will be exported via a newly upgraded interconnector.

The electricity will first be purchased from TNB Pasir Gudang Energy, a wholly owned special vehicle company by TNB Genco, before being exported.

This will make up about 1.5 per cent of Singapore’s peak electricity demand, enough to power about 144,000 four-room HDB flats for a year.

“Both parties will work closely with the Energy Market Authority of Singapore (EMA) and the (Malaysian) Energy Commission to refine all technical settings and regulatory arrangements under the Electricity Import Framework and the agreement will be effective upon fulfilment of conditions precedent,” a joint statement read.

The partnership was made official on Monday and was witnessed by Manpower Minister Tan See Leng and Malaysia's International Trade and Industry Minister Tengku Zafrul Tengku Abdul Aziz.

dragon328

1,895 posts

Posted by dragon328 > 2023-05-29 08:48 | Report Abuse

@Sslee, this 100MW power export deal was announced before our government lifted the ban on RE export. So YTL Power needed to get the power from Tenaga Nasional gas-fired power plant first. For this trial export, YTL Power may just earn a small commission by buying power from TNB and selling it to Singapore via PowerSeraya.

Sslee

4,661 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2023-05-29 10:10 | Report Abuse

The 100MW is just a starter that will be increase to balance the Singapore power demand and supply.

Sslee

4,661 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2023-05-29 10:12 | Report Abuse

Untill new power plant in Singapore come online.

Posted by fitrisenpai > 2023-05-29 11:17 | Report Abuse

heard that their staff also did not get more bonus even declare so much of UNTUNG..!!!what a shame

xiaochen

502 posts

Posted by xiaochen > 2023-05-29 13:21 | Report Abuse

I really appreciate your articles and help me hold YTLP shares tightly until now. Thanks bro.

SpeedyBoy

217 posts

Posted by SpeedyBoy > 2023-05-29 16:54 | Report Abuse

beware of people with ulterior motives like reechee

Post a Comment
Market Buzz