Be the first to like this.

1 comment(s). Last comment by DividendGuy67 4 hours ago

DividendGuy67

1,062 posts

Posted by DividendGuy67 > 4 hours ago | Report Abuse

The past 3 days, I bought 12 different stocks cheaply on the basis of this indicator that suggested that majority odds US markets will recover.

Of course, I didn't know for sure that it will recover, just know that majority odds and if I buy across a wide range of stocks, I should do okay in 3, 6, 12, 24, 60 months time. In the end, I managed to buy 12 different stocks cheaply. Roughly half my orders were hit, the other half didn't. So, it was nice and I am thankful.

Our jobs as investors is to try to buy above average / good quality stocks at attractive prices especially during price dips, market corrections, market crashes, pandemics, during wars, etc. when prices are temporarily depressed, especially in the middle of a bull market.

And because we will never be sure, diversify, diversify, diversify. So, always watch position sizing too. During this round, I didn't need to withdraw monies from EPF, etc. Just use my own cash that has accumulated from various sources including dividends, realized gains, past profits retained, etc. with still balances in the stock account as not all buy orders were executed. I was eyeing for many good quality stocks but their prices didn't fall that much at all, so, nearly all of them were not triggered.

Many experts believe the yen carry trade might not be over yet. I don't know and don't really care much about their opinions as there are so many with different opinions out there. Yes, there's obviously a yen carry trade there given how low the yen interest rates are. But our jobs as investors is to find good quality / above average stocks to buy at an attractive price. I didn't fully manage to do so, but the more "speculative" stocks I bought seems to be doing good as they are bought near the lows. But let's see as markets are always unpredictable.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz