SMRT HOLDINGS BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): SMRT (0117)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

-0.03 (2.91%)

Day's Change

0.99 - 1.02

Trading Volume

12 people like this.

6,315 comment(s). Last comment by OppenHermes 1 day ago

Posted by fazrulhanipah > 2014-11-12 11:02 | Report Abuse

this one"4u2c Malay entrepeneus are smarter these days.........in helping out ailing companies ---open yr wise eyes......there is more to this than buying a lousy company,......Its educational biz . Malaysia educational system good ?? Without a good reputation and biz , it will bleed smrt .....then turnaround....it takes time...If both are developers /construction......its a different case...."
??

philan

462 posts

Posted by philan > 2014-11-12 11:08 | Report Abuse

fazrulhanipah, Yes Malaysia educational system nt tat good, so where you send your children to study? Lets not forget in Muslim Countries, we are still very very good, and there is a stronger influx of foreign muslim families sending their children to Msia for educations. Recent turbulence and war case in muslim countries doesnt help the cause, so coming to Msia for safety and education still make sense. Oooohhh and I think Government loves them too.

godbless88

1,316 posts

Posted by godbless88 > 2014-11-12 11:12 | Report Abuse

back to 0.77 support as expected. Hope it holds.

Posted by fazrulhanipah > 2014-11-12 11:23 | Report Abuse

hope so, i keep buying to average the price.

armt

415 posts

Posted by armt > 2014-11-12 11:26 | Report Abuse

Just look to avg down whenever possible, As mentioned earlier, if it falls to <70 sen, believe SMRT would look to buyback again.

stncws

10,545 posts

Posted by stncws > 2014-11-12 11:27 | Report Abuse

black magic!!!

SMRT all the way down to 70C

for SURE !

godbless88

1,316 posts

Posted by godbless88 > 2014-11-12 11:30 | Report Abuse

this naysayers is talking nonsense without the use of technical indicators...

armt

415 posts

Posted by armt > 2014-11-12 11:55 | Report Abuse

stncws went on a few counters discussion and posted consecutive negative posts. Don't bother la

Meng

1,148 posts

Posted by Meng > 2014-11-12 12:26 | Report Abuse

i will curi2 $$$$$$$$

wiseeye

1,199 posts

Posted by wiseeye > 2014-11-12 13:25 | Report Abuse

Ive bought some today since it retraced about 10%. I will buy even more at 0.7. Hoping some panic sellers will give them to me. Sharks that want to cause panic may also sell down the stock. I will take opportunity of this panic and make this my long term stock at dirt cheap prices.

smurfbee

1,439 posts

Posted by smurfbee > 2014-11-12 14:01 | Report Abuse

the due diligence on MEGB stake purchase is on going and within 30 days we will know if the decision remains.... perhaps the offer price is lower and maybe the offer is called off... or something favourable may be announced for SMRT in this acquisition.... don't worry la.. relax.

navi

368 posts

Posted by navi > 2014-11-12 14:35 | Report Abuse

MEGB well supported while SMRT pushed down...short term pain for long term gain i guess

godbless88

1,316 posts

Posted by godbless88 > 2014-11-12 14:42 | Report Abuse

@wiseeye - Bro, I don't see how you come to the conclusion that it will touch near 70c, care to share ur insight? That's be fibo 50% ady.

SimonSezs

886 posts

Posted by SimonSezs > 2014-11-12 15:25 | Report Abuse

today bleeding alot

smurfbee

1,439 posts

Posted by smurfbee > 2014-11-12 15:30 | Report Abuse

yeah, lots of investors does not like the deal.... on the surface, it looks dump to buy MEGB.... that's why we need info on how the company intend to leverage from this acquisition.. else price will continue to drop... not kidding....

godbless88

1,316 posts

Posted by godbless88 > 2014-11-12 15:34 | Report Abuse

Creador (Brahmal) isn't dumb enough to buy a loss making company for nothing.
He's known to be the small caps king. I'm sure he's seeing something we don't.

armt

415 posts

Posted by armt > 2014-11-12 15:41 | Report Abuse

U let price continue to drop. They win both ways. They get their desired asset and at the same time they can prob acquire more SMRT shares on the cheap, So when you guys finally realize its a good deal, they would sell back the shares you all sold to them initially at a much higher price

smurfbee

1,439 posts

Posted by smurfbee > 2014-11-12 15:41 | Report Abuse

yup, something is brewing and we don't know yet... so those who have it... keep ....those who don't believe, sell.... those who believe, now is the time to buy...

lcwin

326 posts

Posted by lcwin > 2014-11-12 15:43 | Report Abuse

Ok smrt bought the medical uni which is not making much money but is profitable if they built their own campus and hostels which I think they will do but will it be done without skimimng the top during building? Sorry I am very careful here as this is bolehland. If you expect huge improvement in enrolment you be disappointed, medical degree cannot be simple add on! Good company but I don't see value at this price. for your info I bought smrt begining of the year when there is no volume and sold as it have move a lot already way surpassing my expected target price. For those of you who chase stock when its red hot, pay your school fees and learn, and alway remember do your homework

lcwin

326 posts

Posted by lcwin > 2014-11-12 15:50 | Report Abuse

Another point I notice a lot of people see major holder buyback shares. All mojor holders will secretly buy back through nominess. What you see on announcement are for usually for ikan bilis investor to see so what you see is not what you think!

armt

415 posts

Posted by armt > 2014-11-12 15:56 | Report Abuse

Ok thank you for your kind advice. See you when the company hits 90 sen by year end.

godbless88

1,316 posts

Posted by godbless88 > 2014-11-12 15:58 | Report Abuse

SMRT not even main board and you declare it overvalue... don't you think that's a bit exaggerated?
Anyways, INDIVIDUALS/INSIDERS owns 45.88%, PUBLIC AND OTHER owns 25.61%.

armt

415 posts

Posted by armt > 2014-11-12 16:14 | Report Abuse

Prestariang (Main Market) is trading at >17x P/E while SMRT is trading at around 14x P/E currently. Almost certain it should be trading about same range once its transferred to Main Market. Especially given SMRT's stronger earnings growth profile. I think my school fees in the past was well spent thank you.

lcwin

326 posts

Posted by lcwin > 2014-11-12 16:20 | Report Abuse

you are welcome it don't matter even if it goes to RM10. I already make more than 2 times and I don't buy only 20 lots for fun. I never hold until I get the highest price otherwise who is going to buy if they cannot make money? I always make sure other also make mah of course higher risk then.
I check through their reported figures bfore buying. Unless new development happens I think its overvalued. Of course if you use our bolehland benchmark PE valuation it is undervalued!
Anyway kong hee fatt choy to all investors no hard feelings just to put an alternative perspective into your investment horizon!

smurfbee

1,439 posts

Posted by smurfbee > 2014-11-12 16:22 | Report Abuse

you must be joking.... overvalue....? I think its a gross error to call SMRT overvalue... just because it appreciated significantly does not mean its overvalue... you have got to see the landscape of the company and its environment today.... what's the competition for this company?

lcwin

326 posts

Posted by lcwin > 2014-11-12 16:27 | Report Abuse

So sorry I touch a sore point among you guy, I guess my valuation is way too conservative. Anyway its your call. Good luck and watch out for the cliff!

cocacola

142 posts

Posted by cocacola > 2014-11-12 16:31 | Report Abuse

Do take a look at KLCI.

armt

415 posts

Posted by armt > 2014-11-12 16:33 | Report Abuse

if you feel something like SMRT is overvalued, i suggest you visit this site and choose an appropriate investment, confirm won't be overvalued. https://www.imoney.my/fixed-deposit

cocacola

142 posts

Posted by cocacola > 2014-11-12 16:37 | Report Abuse

MACD for KLCI.

godbless88

1,316 posts

Posted by godbless88 > 2014-11-12 16:40 | Report Abuse

Yeah I know cola, for now it should hold within this range.
Wait for more movement.

cocacola

142 posts

Posted by cocacola > 2014-11-12 16:41 | Report Abuse

The forum shud have like button. then the forum maybe more loving.

lcwin

326 posts

Posted by lcwin > 2014-11-12 16:43 | Report Abuse

Aiyah Armt when I got a good counter to invest I am the type who will throw everyting on it I guess I am stupid, I run everything during the recent correction except a few here and there as no buyer mah and yes all my money was in FD then. Now if I didnt sell down my friend my loss would still be huge.
Aiyah have to take FD out again when I see some lelong counter and already make money sorry not Smrt this time!
Oh want to let you know I sold smrt way below the price now when I said i double my money.

armt

415 posts

Posted by armt > 2014-11-12 16:49 | Report Abuse

haha, ok la lcwin, was abit annoyed by your earlier posts. But no not annoyed anymore. Congrats on your exit, hoping i'd make at least double digit returns on this counter. all the best to your own investments

lcwin

326 posts

Posted by lcwin > 2014-11-12 16:58 | Report Abuse

come on armt this is a forum to air each other views if you only want to listen to good new listen to RTM. I usually go around here and there when got noting to do give my opinion but don't give stock tip bcos I usually buy after doing flip through the reports and stk mkt condition and future investors expectation. Sorry snake oil style investing. I don't go around promoting stock but will usually give advice when I see a need. Don't listen to me if you think I talk cock....Haahahaha..... Kong hee fatt choy!

1million

864 posts

Posted by 1million > 2014-11-12 18:52 | Report Abuse

:)

4u2c

3,553 posts

Posted by 4u2c > 2014-11-12 21:00 | Report Abuse

Icwin cld be right...smrt has been good to me .....i hate the megb acquisition......now i will consider to switch to that loser company.....much better n cheaper ....SMRT will take care of them.Think abt it ......Bramal has both and those who had MEGB earlier , already made 40 pct in 3 wks....to smrt, left to right pocket only........Im out of this educational counter.....

lcwin

326 posts

Posted by lcwin > 2014-11-12 21:17 | Report Abuse

Hi for all investors here esp for my friend amrt who have not flame me with cantonese 4 letter words let me give you my simple thought on this smrt megb thing.
Major holder will sell his stake megb to smrt at 60 sen a loss making cpy which use to trade around 40 plus sen. If it is good deal why not do a MGO then can get better deal then all megb minor investor very happy and so is Smrt.
Mr S.. is buying property assets privately from megb. After which it will be leased back to megb. Smrt as I check all their reports prior to buying the Medical Univ cannot make much money bcos they were renting campus from a third party at high price I may say. Looking at it MrS will think of a way to rent this properties he aquired to smrt as well. You draw your own conclusion
Bfore you heap 4 letter words at me let me assure you my thought is well just my imagination it may not be true as I don't have insider info. I not FA nor an accountant so my limited knowledge may lead me to make wrong assumption on the whole deal so pardon me if I rubbed you the wrong way. As I said bfore during extended bull mkt anything is still possible just watch out for the cliff!

armt

415 posts

Posted by armt > 2014-11-12 21:35 | Report Abuse

Lcwin, the offer for 60 sen IS EXTENDED TO ALL MINORITIES OF MEGB. You need to read the announcement properly dude. Already one flaw i can pick out from your small time analysis. The assets being acquired by Mr S will lead to cash flowing to MEGB, if the proceeds are used to pair down debt, you save money on interest charges... Additionally, you may also receive diviidends from proceeds of disposal, which includes smrt if they become one of the shareholder.s of MEGB.. Feel free to correct me if i am wrong.

jtpc2006

984 posts

Posted by jtpc2006 > 2014-11-12 21:41 | Report Abuse

attention will be shifting to smrt, peers like ifca already overbought

lcwin

326 posts

Posted by lcwin > 2014-11-12 21:49 | Report Abuse

Ops sorry armt You know lah my lousy analysis thats why I don't recc stk nanti sent ppl to holland anyway just to share my thoughts. Double up or ok 7 up man kong hee fatt choy

Posted by workworkwork > 2014-11-12 21:58 | Report Abuse

Guys, pls read the propose acquisition announcement again:

http://www.bursamalaysia.com/market/listed-companies/company-announcements/1790373

Item (i)(b):

(b) not to solicit, initiate, entertain, engage in any arrangement or enter into or be involved in any discussion or negotiation with any person which may lead to any proposal for or in connection with the sale of all or any of the Available Shares, any business or assets of the Company (except in the usual course of business) or the merger or amalgamation of the Company with any other entity or the winding-up or liquidation of MEGB;

The acquisition is inclusive of all the properties, right?

armt

415 posts

Posted by armt > 2014-11-12 22:00 | Report Abuse

Lol what stocks are on your radar now? Would u mind sharing?

Posted by workworkwork > 2014-11-12 22:02 | Report Abuse

Also in the announcement it has made clear the goal of the acquisition is to speed up expansion:

The Board considers the potential acquisition as an opportunity for the Company to complement and extend its medical and allied health science course offerings and also extend its strategic reach nationwide via MEGB’s courses and campuses across the country such as in the Klang Valley, Ipoh, Johor Bahru, Kota Bahru as well as in Kota Kinabalu and Kuching in East Malaysia. The potential acquisition is in line with the strategic plans of the Company and will accelerate the Company’s growth path.

Hitman

1,299 posts

Posted by Hitman > 2014-11-12 23:04 | Report Abuse

BV got angry now look at his bleeding counter..showtime tmrrow..hahaha..

sakaria

18 posts

Posted by sakaria > 2014-11-13 00:02 |

Post removed.Why?

jtpc2006

984 posts

Posted by jtpc2006 > 2014-11-13 09:15 | Report Abuse

megb tp 1.00, SMRT much higher

jtpc2006

984 posts

Posted by jtpc2006 > 2014-11-13 09:55 | Report Abuse

asia green

Posted by Bigmachine > 2014-11-13 10:52 | Report Abuse

@ Alpha Trader, can you advice about SMRT stock to hold or switch to MEGB?

Kingston1

1,716 posts

Posted by Kingston1 > 2014-11-13 13:36 | Report Abuse

Cash rich company + strong intention of expanding = Good prospect company

0.76 is cheap? Yes it is!! Buy call for smrt. TP 1.10

Post a Comment