PUBLIC BANK BHD

KLSE (MYR): PBBANK (1295)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

-0.02 (0.49%)

Day's Change

4.09 - 4.15

Trading Volume

19 people like this.

14,913 comment(s). Last comment by EngineeringProfit 5 hours ago

Posted by TiffanixLVxHermes > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

top up some for dividend 😍

1288Go

101 posts

Posted by 1288Go > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Yar EngineeringProfit...
Get small dividend BUT share price slides...
Hmmmm...

calvintaneng

53,285 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Blog: THE IMMENSE VALUE OF TSH'S 80,000 ACRES PRIME LANDS IN BONGAN, (Only 43.9 KM from TiTik Nol IKN NUSANTARA, By Calvin Tan
https://klse.i3investor.com/web/blog/detail/www.eaglevisioninvest.com/2024-03-12-story-h-186519186-THE_IMMENSE_VALUE_OF_TSH_S_80_000_ACRES_PRIME_LANDS_IN_BONGAN_Only_43_9

TSH BEST

skc761103

181 posts

Posted by skc761103 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

https://www.orientaldaily.com.my/news/business/2024/03/13/637144

According to the latest report from British brand evaluation consultancy Brand Finance, although the brand value of Maybank (MAYBANK, 1155, main board financial stocks) fell by 14% to US$3.4 billion (approximately RM15.9 billion), it still cannot shake its status as Malaysia’s largest financial institution. Leading position of valuable banking brands.

Brand Finance research found that due to the impact of the macro economy, the brand value and brand strength (BSI) of all Malaysian banks on the list have declined.

Among them, CIMB (CIMB, 1023, main board financial stocks) made the list for the first time with a brand worth US$2 billion (approximately RM9.365 billion), ranking behind Maybank. In addition, the brand value of Public Bank (PBBANK, 1295, main board financial stocks) fell by 19% to US$1.5 billion (approximately RM7.02375 billion), while the brand value of Industrial Bank (RHBBANK, 1066, main board financial stocks) fell 20% to US$793 million (approximately RM3.71322 billion).

In terms of brand strength, Maybank’s brand strength index fell by 3.07 points to 85.03 points (out of 100 points). Despite this, Maybank still maintains a AAA brand strength rating and is the only banking brand in Malaysia to receive a AAA rating.

CIMB's brand strength rating is AA+, with a score of 78.44 points, making it the second most valuable banking brand in Malaysia; Public Bank's brand strength dropped 5.59 points to 80.5 points, while its brand strength rating dropped from AAA AAA-; Industrial Bank's brand strength score fell by 3.58 points to 74.35 points, and the brand strength rating dropped from AA+ to AA rating.

ADVERTISEMENT

Alex Haigh, Managing Director of Brand Finance Asia Pacific, pointed out in the report that despite facing severe market challenges, Maybank still maintains its position as the most valuable banking brand in Malaysia. Since 2015, the bank has won this title for the ninth consecutive year.

"AmBank is facing increasing competition and the impact of sluggish global economic growth, so safeguarding brand equity is critical to ensuring enduring consumer loyalty and market resilience."

skc761103

181 posts

FROM THE ARTICEL ABOVE, PUBLIC BANK NO LONGER VALUABLE BRAND AFTER THP....THE TOP MANAGEMENT SHOULD THINK OF THAT

alenac

2,618 posts

Posted by alenac > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Ranking has minimal impact on the price of the banking stock, what matters is the expected future earnings under the expansion of digital & e-wallets impact on traditional banking industries.

Posted by BlackDiamond > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Thanks skc for your very informative post. I think l agree with you when you said that the MX should think about the latest developments. Actually it’s pretty worrying!😭😭😭

skc761103

181 posts

BLACK DIAMOND, AGM of public bank will be held on May. You may raise your concern to the aging management during that time

skc, Blue Diamond is a small mosquito and who is going to bother about my views.😭😭😭😭😭

thye82

115 posts

Posted by thye82 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

since THP gone...pbb become rubbish bank...all top management are rubbish...they all are outdated...

skc761103

181 posts

thye82, i agree with you, actually top management is good but not dare to take up responsibility. They just choose to sit on the current comfort zone & no eager to move forward by doing any M&A , 多做多错,不做不错.

KylieTan

242 posts

Posted by KylieTan > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

@skc761103. Do you know where is the AGM going to take place? 🙂

skc761103

181 posts

Hi kylie you may wait for the april bursa announcement

alenac

2,618 posts

Why should management conduct M & A when they are good in organic growth? Most private businesses banked with Public or Hong Leong. PBB is operating in many countries in East Asia.
Public Bank currently has a network of 259 branches and over 2000 self-terminals in Malaysia. The company also has its presence in the Asia-Pacific region with a network of 1 subsidiary in Hong Kong (Public Bank (Hong Kong) Limited, with 79 branches), 1 subsidiary in Cambodia (Cambodian Public Bank Plc, with 30 branches), 1 subsidiary in Vietnam (Public Bank Vietnam Limited, with 12 branches), 4 branches in Laos, 3 branches in China and 3 branches in Sri Lanka.[7]
skc761103
thye82, i agree with you, actually top management is good but not dare to take up responsibility. They just choose to sit on the current comfort zone & no eager to move forward by doing any M&A , 多做多错,不做不错.

5 seconds ago

Posted by Lbikeride > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

KWSP is earning money from geniuses all over Malaysia who "invest" in share market. They're in buying spree lately. Some knuckleheaded geniuses here even suggested Pbbank's management is too old. Come on, that's why we invest in this bank, we want that conservatism, we don't want somebody like Sam Bankman-Fried run this bank. Do you know that at one time Sam Bankman-Fried's stint in a company held more capital than Pbbank? Do you know that at that time Sam Bankman-Fried put his accounting numbers in Excel sheets? KWSP needs a lot of us with misconceptions to make money - and after paying many percents to their executives, they still manage to put out 5.5% dividend. Where that money comes from?

Posted by Lbikeride > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

I think a paper by Lakonishok, Shleifer, and Vishny in 1992 has the almost complete description how institutional trading can impact stock prices, and therefore also describes the situation here: How KWSP milks your cows, sucks you dry, and after that pays their executives top ringgit, pays the KWSP's depositors a meager 5.5%. In short, KWSP needs investors like you to make money. What to do about it? Can someone here tells me?

skc761103

181 posts

In this world ,investment serve variety of purpose,but one thing for sure either a retailer, individual, foreigner or institution, the ultimate goal mainly is to optimize profits. The daily rebalancing portfolios of those big funds are highly dependent on KPIs set ,& this resulting in daily stock price fluctuations. Only those knuckleheaded geniuses dare to say loud that his own comment represent all retailer in here "invest in Public Bank because of their conservative management".

Well done skc! I love your comments and the way you go about it!👌👌👌

skc761103

181 posts

blackdiamond , we are free to comment any perspective of this company in here , pro and con. I'm just elaborate those daily routine work of those big boy & fund manager. I just can't stand when some " geniuses" who deliberately put others down to protruding his own superiority.
Looking forward to meet you up in the coming AGM

Suriyan

60 posts

Posted by Suriyan > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

When is AGM?

skc761103

181 posts

suriyan you may wait for the april bursa announcement

Posted by Steven Chan > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Agree with Lbikerride. At one time PBb n harimau cap almost the same around 100bill but with the manipulation of the big bus by call n put they depress the share of PBBSC should investigate the illegal manipulation of these shares

Posted by Hachi Hachi > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

dow Jones up 320pt n yet pbb down ??

thye82

115 posts

Rubbish bank

Shines

2,734 posts

Posted by Shines > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

I thank PBB for the 10s dividen, but was robbed 20s by the crocs.

alenac

2,618 posts

Exdivi price will be stagnant or fluctuate with a downward bias?
Shines
I thank PBB for the 10s dividen, but was robbed 20s by the crocs.

4 hours ago

just received the dividen.
I tink it hibernates for a while before ding dong ip again. my2ct

Nepo

3,307 posts

Posted by Nepo > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Good chance to top up some @ RM4.24

wait for 4.20 or less before picking some, take it as FD

KylieTan

242 posts

Follow EPF collecting. hehe

KingKKK

363 posts

Posted by KingKKK > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Malaysia's Mega-Cap Showdown: Mega Utilities vs Banks vs Healthcare - Who Wins? YTL, YTLPOWER, IHH, TENAGA, MAYBANK, PBBANK, CIMB, PCHEM

https://klse.i3investor.com/web/blog/detail/bestStocks/2024-03-26-story-h-185506101-Malaysia_s_Mega_Cap_Showdown_Mega_Utilities_vs_Banks_vs_Healthcare_Who_

KylieTan

242 posts

FDI cabut recently due to sock issue...ha

Posted by redhotpepper > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Old man share, TSTHP got the wrong successor, TAL old man stail. Even cim b is better now. Price kept falling.

thye82

115 posts

Always a rubbish bank of all banks...

alexnada

35 posts

Posted by alexnada > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

@thye82, if you dont think PBB is a good bank, just sell of all your PBB shares and you wont need to look at it anymore because it does not concern you anymore...
Same goes with all those who are holding PBB and want to talk rubbish about PBB.
And for those who continue to believe in PBB, stay strong.

alenac

2,618 posts

It's normal for stock investment to lose money in the beginning or all of it eventually. Stock selection is crucial for eventual profit if for the long term. Otherwise, be a trader and chase price momentum stocks. PBB is not for the short or even medium term. It's a long stretch to gain.

Posted by Hachi Hachi > 4 weeks ago | Report Abuse

pick. as FD if not better than kwsp.

Posted by Myinvestment88 > 4 weeks ago | Report Abuse

🤩wow
Is time to collect more PBB 👍

Posted by redhotpepper > 4 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Yeah, it's time to look around too

KylieTan

242 posts

Posted by KylieTan > 4 weeks ago | Report Abuse

I agree with alenac. PBB is for long-term investment, not fast in fast out

1288Go

101 posts

Posted by 1288Go > 4 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Wah Lai Liao...
Lai Liao..
😂💪

1288Go

101 posts

Posted by 1288Go > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Old man tongkat stock...slow..slow..
But if management do all the right things, wise strategic expansion in Indo Chinese countries and hold onto msian domestic business and gain slowly , then it will pull a great surprise in the years to come.
Those LT holders then will have to bear with pittance dividends until the groups overall performance rockets again !!

skc761103

181 posts

Posted by skc761103 > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

if u guys attend the LPI AGM , when the shareholders asking the top management bout the opinion of depression of the share price recently, the ego aging management response is " we think that our share performance is doing very well".....SPEEECHLESS ,GIVING SAME STANDARD ANSWER LIKE PUBLIC BANK MANAGEMENT, REALLY SISTER COMPANY

Posted by redhotpepper > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Aiyoh, really old man tomgkat co. How to progress. Why the price been going down if still doing good? Unker the really got the wrong protege. Long term apa ini semua?

thye82

115 posts

Posted by thye82 > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

I have told long time already... this pbb is the most rubbish bank of all banks... top rubbish performance

They need better mgmt ke? Ini sudah apa zaman, lagi mau guna stIl lama ke?

LossAversion

1,685 posts

Posted by LossAversion > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Kena guna lama..... because customers PBB orang2 tua dan chinapek business.

stkoay

5,890 posts

Posted by stkoay > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Foreign shareholding on March 2018 was 39.5%

Latest....March 2024 is 25.4%

Unattractive...?

Post a Comment