GEORGE KENT (M) BHD

KLSE (MYR): GKENT (3204)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

0.00 (0.00%)

Day's Change

0.45 - 0.455

Trading Volume

15 people like this.

18,199 comment(s). Last comment by gkent2000 4 days ago

Posted by Cockroach Paul Lee > 2021-04-03 01:22 | Report Abuse

Hi Danny, since construction no hope, water meter no hope, gloves is a graveyard... why you still here? To rescue peoples like me ? Haha

DannyArcher

1,258 posts

Posted by DannyArcher > 2021-04-03 16:54 | Report Abuse

@Cockroach Paul Lee

I think i just say glove no hope. sorry if I was misunderstood. I dont recall saying construction and water meter no hope.

Posted by Cockroach Paul Lee > 2021-04-03 22:39 | Report Abuse

Ah... I see ... nice to exchange view from you. What else you look good in future? Danny. Any stocks you can recommend?

DannyArcher

1,258 posts

Posted by DannyArcher > 2021-04-04 00:01 | Report Abuse

@Cockroach Paul Lee

Am not a stock expert, cant advice. But the glove venture is a big let down. Hopefully everything turns out well. I see construction as a way for the gov to stimulate our way out of this recession, thus I like GKent.

Begineer

482 posts

Posted by Begineer > 2021-04-04 08:46 | Report Abuse

Is MRT3 related to Gkent?

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-04-04 09:27 | Report Abuse

No lah...if yes why Gkent so desperate go into gloves despite such a late stage leh ?

Posted by Begineer > Apr 4, 2021 8:46 AM | Report Abuse

Is MRT3 related to Gkent?

getingreal

404 posts

Posted by getingreal > 2021-04-04 10:02 | Report Abuse

Gamuda - George Kent - CCC JV were the prime contenders for the MRT-3 Project. I am not sure their exclusivity agreements will still be in place. As its less then 5 years since the project was postpones (which is normally the expiry of such agreements) I think there is a chance that the JV exclusive Agreements are still binding.
As the MRT 3 project involves a lot of tunneling I expect Gamuda will need to be involved, as such I think there is a good chance for GKs involvement. Remember, GK is a sub contractor to Gamuda on the MRT-2, so even if the JV Agreements have expired there is still a high chance for GK to get some System works sub contracts.

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2021-04-04 10:13 | Report Abuse

REMEMBER NOWADAYS WITH SO MANY POTENTIAL M&E CONTRACTORS...GKENT MAY BE OUT OF CONTENTION....EVEN GAMUDA SUCCESSFUL MAH...!!

DO NOT FORGET....GKENT IS A GOLF BUDDY OF NAJIB....& THIS IS GKENT PREVIOUS STRENGTH LOH......BUT THE GOVT HAD CHANGE 2 TIME SINCE 2018 MAH!

Posted by getingreal > Apr 4, 2021 10:02 AM | Report Abuse

Gamuda - George Kent - CCC JV were the prime contenders for the MRT-3 Project. I am not sure their exclusivity agreements will still be in place. As its less then 5 years since the project was postpones (which is normally the expiry of such agreements) I think there is a chance that the JV exclusive Agreements are still binding.
As the MRT 3 project involves a lot of tunneling I expect Gamuda will need to be involved, as such I think there is a good chance for GKs involvement. Remember, GK is a sub contractor to Gamuda on the MRT-2, so even if the JV Agreements have expired there is still a high chance for GK to get some System works sub contracts.

Sslee

4,784 posts

Posted by Sslee > 2021-04-04 11:24 | Report Abuse

If I am not mistaken MMC-Gamuda JV involved in MRT and MRCB-Gkent involved in LRT.

DannyArcher

1,258 posts

Posted by DannyArcher > 2021-04-04 12:16 | Report Abuse

Can someone please tell me why this UMNO guy Tajuddin dont like GKent? The Parasana CEO was the fall guy, Tajuddin is untouchable as PM needs all the support. If Tajuddin hates GKent, this means chances of GKent getting the project is 0? Am researching, not bashing. Someone explain more, thank you.

https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/newsbreak-prasarana-chairman-tajuddin-exerting-his-authority

DannyArcher

1,258 posts

Posted by DannyArcher > 2021-04-04 12:26 | Report Abuse

Ok, just read this in MalaysiaKini. Seems like he is an anti-Najib guy.
https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/569360

Oh well.... sad. Gkent good company bad reputation. Tan Sri Tan not smart enough, go golf publicly with najib.... just saying.... hopefully water meter can save the company.

getingreal

404 posts

Posted by getingreal > 2021-04-04 12:38 | Report Abuse

Sslee, I forgot to mention MMC, it was MMC-Gamuda-George Kent-CCC JV.

MMC-Gamuda-GK-CCC jointly spent a lot of money preparing truck loads of engineering studies surveys and feasibility studies for the MRT-3 Tender. I believe these very expensive studies involving many 3rd party consultants (not cheap) which had already been submitted to the Govt before the project was put on hold. I think it highly unlikely that Gamuda would, or even could walk away from MMC, GK and CCC using the millions of ringgit in studies for the MRT-3 bid that they they jointly developed and commissioned for the MRT-3 project.

GK was prime Systems contractor for LRT-2 line successfully completed and highly acclaimed.

GK JV with MRCB 50/50 for LRT-3 turn key contract with GK leading in Systems and MRCB in Structural.

GK-CCC JV are systems (track works +) sub-contractor to Gamuda for MRT-2.

I believe GK remains the leading Systems contractor in Malaysia.

eesquare

105 posts

Posted by eesquare > 2021-04-04 19:13 | Report Abuse

@danny

Unless you are in the politician's circle, it's hard to speculate on the current tajuddin-najib-gkent's relationship. For example, tajuddin did turn up to support najib's judgement last year.

https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/najib-arrives-kl-high-court-face-his-fate-src-trial

Also, notice the recent fiasco about removing gkent from lrt3, thanks to tajuddin? Zero comment from najib nor wee ka siong as transportation minister. Who knows if Tan is still buddies with Najib?

There's always a political risk when doing projects with the government. Luckily, lrt3 is almost 50% so it's harder to cancel as they progress. Also, gov is forced to reimburse dhaya maju - Ltat, due to project cancellation so they generally don't prefer to do it.

https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/govt-seek-outofcourt-settlement-dhaya-majultat-kvdt2-contract-termination

All in all, I agree with you, specialize in water metering so well that gov have got no choice but to purchase ur products due to low cost and quality.

Railway systems? There are a lot of options in the market.

Win288288

184 posts

Posted by Win288288 > 2021-04-06 07:17 | Report Abuse

dividend paid day, what to expect from today? wakaka

RainT

8,448 posts

Posted by RainT > 2021-04-06 13:04 | Report Abuse

MRT 3 versus LRT 3

is it the same thing?

and which one is GKENT going to do? and is it GKENT still doing or not do already?

MiaoMiao7

449 posts

Posted by MiaoMiao7 > 2021-04-06 22:14 | Report Abuse

Good news but stock price cannot fly. same goes with Gamuda with 2 good news, big Penang Island project and MRT3, somemore drop. MMCCorp also. This means investors are afraid, maybe they fear the repeat of the GE14 aftermath. The close GE is, the more sideways all of these construction companies will go.

Posted by captain star > 2021-04-08 10:48 | Report Abuse

Will be the nex glove play..goodluck..i m in

Posted by trylearn123 > 2021-04-08 12:08 | Report Abuse

Hope the gkent Great again.

MiaoMiao7

449 posts

Posted by MiaoMiao7 > 2021-04-11 01:01 | Report Abuse

I think GKent needs a new CEO, just like Berjaya. Gkent got money, can easily go into many new venture. I dont even mind if they go into Water Filter business, make it a subscription based model for outdoor water filter system for whole house with smart monitoring system, once filter too dirty or reduced water pressure detected, GKent comes and service or replace filter. Go do something, new venture to grow.... but no, go do glove. oh boy, what do I know, am just a keyboard warrior. maybe glove is the future.

MiaoMiao7

449 posts

Posted by MiaoMiao7 > 2021-04-13 11:00 | Report Abuse

Someone mentioned earlier the possibility of GKent supplying gloves to Honeywell. Well, I guess it wont be happening soon. Not surprised, GKent dont have FDA approval also. Maybe after 2023 or 2025. Can only sell spot price when all gloves companies are at war to grab market share. Pray for a super virus to appear in 2025.

https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/aspen-bags-us210m-agreement-supply-gloves-honeywell

Posted by apapuntaktahu > 2021-04-14 18:53 | Report Abuse

I remember got one substantial investor mentioned before if GKent really venture into glove mfg, he will dispose all his Gkent share. Maybe this the reason Gkent price start to fall...

fairyz

302 posts

Posted by fairyz > 2021-04-21 17:20 | Report Abuse

Temporary HC theme now but Gkent can't really up?

Can return to 800 range by end of this week?

Win288288

184 posts

Posted by Win288288 > 2021-04-22 10:38 | Report Abuse

personal viewing, not a buy/sell call:

Triangle pattern breakout soon,
i) Lowest price keep narrow
ii) Possible profit up till 0.94 or higher
iii) Current price 0.785; cut loss if falls below 0.765 (-2.6%)

MiaoMiao7

449 posts

Posted by MiaoMiao7 > 2021-04-22 16:07 | Report Abuse

wah, this kind of stocks also got people trade?

MiaoMiao7

449 posts

Posted by MiaoMiao7 > 2021-04-22 16:08 | Report Abuse

invest got lah, trade... too slow for trading

Posted by Cockroach Paul Lee > 2021-04-25 01:48 | Report Abuse

Nobody care kentkent anymore! Sneaking to 0.90 ....sssshhhhhhh... nobody see it

yoyo

477 posts

Posted by yoyo > 2021-04-26 12:42 | Report Abuse

Cockroach can sense earth movement that human can't.
I dun see the sneaking movement le......

Win288288

184 posts

Posted by Win288288 > 2021-04-26 17:19 | Report Abuse

Double hammer on two consecutive days, its about time to show. Lets see and fly high wahahaha

MiaoMiao7

449 posts

Posted by MiaoMiao7 > 2021-04-27 23:29 | Report Abuse

For some unknown reason, GKent is not mentioned... even Suncon was mentioned in the article. Looks like MRTCorp really dislike GKent?

https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/construction-players-seek-score-mrt3-under-new-financing-model

Posted by Cockroach Paul Lee > 2021-04-28 00:51 | Report Abuse

Sssshhhhhhhhhhh........ no body noticed gKent ... creeping to 0.90

MiaoMiao7

449 posts

Posted by MiaoMiao7 > 2021-04-29 12:33 | Report Abuse

Shooting star appear, on the way down again. up down up down up down..... I think this time down to 0.75

MiaoMiao7

449 posts

Posted by MiaoMiao7 > 2021-04-29 12:35 | Report Abuse

Sorry, not 'Shooting Star' formation, it is 'Bearish Engulfing' candlestick pattern. Friday and following week down.... then up again, then down, then up...

Begineer

482 posts

Posted by Begineer > 2021-05-04 19:17 | Report Abuse

Share back buy at this price?

Posted by Cockroach Paul Lee > 2021-05-05 00:07 | Report Abuse

Slowly slowly nobody noticed gKent sneaking to0.90 until Qr release booooom 1.00 .... kekeke

eesquare

105 posts

Posted by eesquare > 2021-05-05 12:04 | Report Abuse

Whoopsie. Someone might get charged for abuse of power in Prasarana.. don't pray play..

https://www.thevibes.com/articles/news/26255/macc-submits-ip-on-probe-into-prasarana

MiaoMiao7

449 posts

Posted by MiaoMiao7 > 2021-05-05 18:51 | Report Abuse

Supermax QR today, say ASP drop already. How? This GKent + Johan thing is really a bad idea.

MiaoMiao7

449 posts

Posted by MiaoMiao7 > 2021-05-05 18:54 | Report Abuse

TopGlove is in survival mode, and if they cannot resolve this, what they will do it to throw price and flood the market with cheaper gloves. sell cheaper to 3rd party and let them smuggle it into US, this will eventually effect all glove companies. a drowning man will drag anything, including their loves one as they struggle. Gkent cant compete with TopGlove, price war is going to kill Gkent Johan glove venture. Haiz.

So many ventures to go but choose glove. go lah do water filter system, water tank system, or whatever also better. sell whole house water filter system also better.

Posted by Cockroach Paul Lee > 2021-05-06 20:33 | Report Abuse

Ok ok Miao is right. Tomorrow onwards Gkent limit down until 0.01 ..........

Posted by BatteriesNotIncluded > 2021-05-09 13:45 | Report Abuse

How? Sell Gkent or buy more?

Careplus posts strong Q1 results, says glove prices may have peaked
https://www.thestar.com.my/business/business-news/2021/05/07/careplus-posts-strong-q1-results-says-glove-prices-may-have-peaked

Supermax also says the same.

Another new glove company - Perak state govt jumps on glove-making bandwagon, to build RM800m glove factory in Batu Gajah
https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/glove-factory-be-built-batu-gajah-involving-rm800-mil-investment

20+ new glove factories in Malaysia alone. How many in Thailand, Indonesia and China?

Keyman188

5,968 posts

Posted by Keyman188 > 2021-05-09 14:54 | Report Abuse

Nowadays...apa apa company also said wanted to join the glove bandwagon...

Same pattern with last 10 years...

apa apa company also said wanted to join property development...

Same pattern with last 3 years...

apa apa entrepreneur also said wanted to open bubble tea franchise...

Malaysia memang boleh...

Posted by BatteriesNotIncluded > 2021-05-09 20:49 | Report Abuse

I also remember when OldTown was popular, many joined the 'Malaysian Delight' restaurant theme. PapaRich, Hainan Kopitiam, Uncle Lim, and so many more.... in the end, most of them close shop.

Copycat theme can only be profitable for a short period of time. Also like the computer crazy in the 1990 to 2000... Dell, Acer, Packard Bell, BenQ, IBM, Toshiba, Fujitsu, Compaq, Gateway and many more... eventually computer becomes a commodity, but the problem with gloves is they are already a commodities to begin with.

This Gkent-Johan glove venture shows that Tan Sri Tan is out of ideas and it is time for him to resign and let the newer generation a say in how to run GKent. Investing a desalination plant makes more sense than this glove venture, albeit desalination plant is expensive... very expensive, but can always start small. After all, human population will reach 10B in the coming years and water will be a major problem.

gkent2000

234 posts

Posted by gkent2000 > 2021-05-21 23:48 | Report Abuse

Gkent - forever stuck me -.-

Posted by BatteriesNotIncluded > 2021-05-22 10:54 | Report Abuse

What is your average price?

Posted by OldWiseMan100 > 2021-05-24 19:00 | Report Abuse

Anyone any idea what will the outcome be for GKent? Any insider wanna hint us anything?

https://www.klsescreener.com/v2/announcements/view/3363357

pamaladu

108 posts

Posted by pamaladu > 2021-05-24 20:30 | Report Abuse

it appears the deadlock on the issue of shareholding funding is intentional so that now one of the JV party has the option to take over completely. Whether GK takeover or sell its share, either is still good news. If takeover, then have the entire share but of course higher risk. prefer for GK to let go so that can take their half share which is risk free at DCF basis.

getingreal

404 posts

Posted by getingreal > 2021-05-24 23:47 | Report Abuse

As I read it MRCB has to make an offer to buy out GKs shares. The catch 22 is that the price they offer they must sell at if GK chooses not to sell and to buy MRCB at that same price.

I'm sure GK will want to buy out MRCB. I also quite sure GK can tap lots of big boy partners that they have been working happily with for many years on other projects. Such companies as Sunway or Gamuda to name a couple that would jump at the chance to come in with GK to compete the LRT-3 project.

As I see it MRCB is now between a rock and a hard place.

MRCBs expertise is Civil and Structural not the complex Systems which is GKs area of expertise. MRCB may think they know it all, but they have never done Systems in such a project, just Civil and Structural. Throw a rock and you will hit a Civil and Structural contractor!

GK has successfully competed MRT-2 Systems top to bottom, Turn Key! I cant think of any other home grown Malaysian company that's done that.

Interesting times!

Posted by OldWiseMan100 > 2021-05-24 23:57 | Report Abuse

What do you meant by complete system? including the trains and software? what system?

Post a Comment
Market Buzz