YTL CORPORATION BHD

KLSE (MYR): YTL (4677)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

+0.01 (1.67%)

Day's Change

0.60 - 0.615

Trading Volume

17 people like this.

9,583 comment(s). Last comment by dragon328 5 hours ago

dragon328

355 posts

Posted by dragon328 > 2 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Assuming every 5 years forward, Wessex would incur same capex and RCV would increase by same 500 million pounds, then returns to equity would go up to 3.4% in 10 years, 3.7% in 15 years and 4.0% in 20 years.
My point is that for a fund that invests in Wessex now, it will get increasing yields / returns on equity over time. Regulated assets like Wessex is so valuable that many long term funds are looking to buy but owners will not sell anything cheaper than 1.5x RCV now.

dragon328

355 posts

Posted by dragon328 > 2 weeks ago | Report Abuse

JJPTR, as per YTL Corp quarterly report ended 31 Dec 2021, it had cash of RM2.815 billion and another RM8.579 billion of fixed deposits, total RM11.4 billion cash.
The total debts of RM11.7b + 31.998b should have included debts at Wessex and Jordan as YTL Corp owns some 55% of YTLPower and so should have consolidated all the cash and debts of YTLPower.

OngKawKaw

3,004 posts

Posted by OngKawKaw > 2 weeks ago | Report Abuse

CERITA HABIS? SO QUIET NOWADAYS…

Fuyohhh

16 posts

Posted by Fuyohhh > 2 weeks ago | Report Abuse

You got good story want share with us?

looiting

269 posts

Posted by looiting > 2 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Many Public listed companies which are family owned and run, also very undervalued. The problem is the Board and management only reward and enjoy the wealth themselves through many ways. Every year, these companies throw 5% dividend to shareholders , just like beggars, while keeping the cash in the balance sheet. Shareholders can see the huge pile of cash but shares prices go down because the management is unable to deploy those cash effectively to create earnings growth to move up share price.

ryan7642

1,992 posts

Posted by ryan7642 > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

most famous i do believe eg Berjaya/Ytl/IOI/KLK/Spritzer n so on~~~n you can see most of the share price movement n company base..

OnTime

1,006 posts

Posted by OnTime > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

I think u guys can become the ceo/cfo of ytl so u can give all the cash to shareholders and damn with business expansion. Just sell off the company and return all the cash to shareholders and everybody would be happy right?

OnTime

1,006 posts

please suggest some business opportunities for them to deploy their cash

dragon328

355 posts

Posted by dragon328 > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

I think the YTL management has been trying to pay dividends as generously as they can. YTL has given out a total of RM28 billion of dividends in past 10-15 years. In the past 2 years FY2020-2021 when it made a small accounting loss, YTL still paid out 2.5 sen of dividends.

Yes dividend payouts have been cut down in past few years as business operations of its subsidiaries were affected by covid-19 pandemic and other reasons, but things should be looking up again soon.

dragon328

355 posts

It is easy to say to distribute out all cash in balance sheet and close down the company. I hold a contrarian opinion, in fact I think the best is still to strike a good balance of giving decent dividend yields of 6%-7% p.a., while maintaining a good cash warchest to get ready to scoop up good assets at bargain sales. And I think good opportunities are coming in next 2 years as US interest rate hike cycle kicks off aggressively and soon we may see many companies going into bankruptcy.

dragon328

355 posts

It would be nice to get a supernormal dividend now from the company but that cash dividends received by us now might be hard to generate more income than it would when sitting at the company. Small investors like us may buy some stocks at cheap prices but it would be very difficult for us to buy up a good asset of say RM1.0 billion that could give good returns. But YTL is now in a good position to look for bargain sales. It would be nice if it could get another choice landbank like the Niseko land at distressed price, or buy into another world class hotel like The Marriott at Sydney Harbour.
For a start, YTL will deploy some of its cash into good use by developing the digital bank it owns with Sea Group.

dragon328

355 posts

YTL has increased its borrowings when buying up good assets in the past 10 years. It takes time for these assets to develop and increase value to a certain level for YTL to lock in profits. For example, when it bought the Niseko land at just USD60 million and quickly sold it off at say double the price in the following year, then it would have missed out on the explosive value growth of the Niseko land in past 5 years, which has ballooned to a market value of USD2.0 billion. Of course it is now subjective as to whether it is the right time to sell it. One may say a capital gain of over 30 times in few years is very good already, but another may say if you sell it now, what if the land value became USD10 billion 10 years later??

dragon328

355 posts

Nothing is absolutely right or wrong in business, just like you never buy a stock at the lowest and can never sell a stock always close to the peak. I have conviction in this YTL management to deliver this time round.

dragon328

355 posts

Of course we need to assess what YTL management will be performing in next 24 months. If there are plenty of good assets up for grab and YTL would still be sitting on a huge cash pile after 2 years without making any significant acquisition nor distributing higher dividends, then I would be also very unhappy. We should all then go and attend the AGM and try to vote out the management and vote against any director fee payment to the directors.

ryan7642

1,992 posts

Posted by ryan7642 > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

wow well said dragon328...u must be hardcore fans with such deep survey and analyst:) let's earn big together ^^

looiting

269 posts

Posted by looiting > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

I've been watching & waiting for major deal during COVID pandemic. All I see is the cash building up in war chest and same song being played. Even Warren Buffett pulled the trigger a few times last 3 years.

dragon328

355 posts

ryan7642, haha not really a hardcore fan, but I do receive complaints from a few friends who bought high at above RM1.00. Then I looked at it and found that there is a good chance for the company to rebound strongly this year and next. Ya let's earn big together, nice!

dragon328

355 posts

I adore Warren Buffet more, he is sharp and daring, always does what is best for the shareholders. He got a good deal in OXY and HP.

OnTime

1,006 posts

recession is coming, companies overflowing with cash will do very well

1pingpong

68 posts

Posted by 1pingpong > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

macam going to ground floor

looiting

269 posts

If a company is so undervalued, you must be aware that there's not much share buy back despite the share price drop for 10 years. In the announcement section, all I see is ESOS , ESOS and more ESOS. How long term shareholders make money for the past 10 years is beyond my imagination. What's for sure, the management have been enjoying good days everyday

dragon328

355 posts

That may be right. The company needs to do something to reward long term shareholders, not just gives ESOS at cheap prices to themselves and employees. It should embark on aggressive share buyback to at least support the share price, like what IGBB has been doing.
With improving operating cash flows, the company should increase the dividend payouts as soon as possible. When the price is right, it should sell some of the assets to realise profits and return special dividends to long term shareholders.

nicholas99

5,847 posts

Posted by nicholas99 > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

reward jor people also will sell 1 la. sell or not sell nothing to do with rewards. those dividend high share, people also sell.

important tips: the company must have vision and path to grow. and its there for everyone to see.

looiting

269 posts

"Makan Pau, sell Pau " .... Good salary, suka suka go vacation . Song song go on TV talk bullshit stuff. Pakai cantik cantik. Make up nice nice. Mana boleh pah pia.

dragon328

355 posts

looiting, you should go attend YTL AGM pakai koyak koyak and shoot the management on why the share price is at such a depressed level. Lets see then if they still pakai cantik cantik and talk bullshit. We support you there

Fuyohhh

16 posts

Posted by Fuyohhh > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

Haha yes, tell them we want rm1 back, those glory dayss, even mbsb do better, ops

1pingpong

68 posts

Posted by 1pingpong > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

will go down again before go up

Posted by Hew Kiong Peng George > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

Will go up next week..hoot c46 for final push.

newbie1234

876 posts

Posted by newbie1234 > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

Ya. Even mbsb can perform better. Very hard to earn uncle y money.

hs1109

3 posts

Posted by hs1109 > 1 week ago | Report Abuse

Definitely undervalued with strong balance sheet. But management is not keen to reward minority shareholders. Y family are all in the company enjoying the cake. Minority shareholders can only hope they will deliver growth..

1pingpong

68 posts

Posted by 1pingpong > 6 days ago | Report Abuse

faster go down le...so long wait to reach 0.50. Drama also finish few series adi masih belum 0.50

Fuyohhh

16 posts

Posted by Fuyohhh > 6 days ago | Report Abuse

Zzz lol this pingpong greedy haha, why don't go serbadk? Fast and power up

Posted by Hew Kiong Peng George > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

50sen only in dream lo ping-pong.next week 60sen le

OnTime

1,006 posts

Posted by OnTime > 5 days ago | Report Abuse

nothing is outside the realm of possibility

dragon328

355 posts

Posted by dragon328 > 3 days ago | Report Abuse

Multiple re-rating coming soon, with HSR possibly next.

https://klse.i3investor.com/web/blog/detail/dragon328/2022-05-05-story...

myway

408 posts

Posted by myway > 3 days ago | Report Abuse

Now is in collecting mode, Net Short Position increase from 20220505 - 0.15% to 20220519 - 0.19%

Posted by unclekyyisbest > 3 days ago | Report Abuse

YTL so famous and well know in market. Just one time boots up can reach the sky

looiting

269 posts

Posted by looiting > 3 days ago | Report Abuse

Usually, one time rally fizzle very fast

Fuyohhh

16 posts

Posted by Fuyohhh > 3 days ago | Report Abuse

Get a cup of coffee ☕ and lets push this up up guys, show time for fly

dragon328

355 posts

Posted by dragon328 > 1 day ago | Report Abuse

CIMB research forecast that the potential pie for digital banks will be about RM10 billion, so each digital bank may rake in annual revenue of RM2 billion each on average. With net profit to revenue ratio of 31% (eg. Ambank) to 52% (eg. Hong Leong Bank), each digital bank may potentially make a net profit of RM2.0bn x 31%-52% = RM620 million to RM1,040 million a year when matured

looiting

269 posts

Posted by looiting > 1 day ago | Report Abuse

Lots of retailers are going to get trapped soon

tonywong8

348 posts

Posted by tonywong8 > 21 hours ago | Report Abuse

Get trap at low point better than high. With dividend more than 5%, better than fixed deposit. Upside is higher than downside, worth to bet.

OnTime

1,006 posts

Posted by OnTime > 17 hours ago | Report Abuse

indeed

OngKawKaw

3,004 posts

Posted by OngKawKaw > 14 hours ago | Report Abuse

CHEAP CHEAP CAN EARN MONEY MAH

looiting

269 posts

Posted by looiting > 7 hours ago | Report Abuse

ESOS ESOS and more ESOS.

dragon328

355 posts

Posted by dragon328 > 5 hours ago | Report Abuse

If you look at the ESOS from another angle, you will realise that YTL share price will shoot up soon. They quickly fixed the ESOS exercise price low before the share price shoots up.

Post a Comment