PANTECH GROUP HOLDINGS BHD

KLSE (MYR): PANTECH (5125)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

-0.005 (0.50%)

Day's Change

0.98 - 1.00

Trading Volume

26 people like this.

11,295 comment(s). Last comment by Asria 5 days ago

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2019-02-25 18:15 | Report Abuse

Pantech is good dividend company

So buy mother better

Warrant ok if you don't want dividend

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2019-02-25 18:16 | Report Abuse

Cheng085792

If you play contra or short term I can't tell

BUT longer term pantech is good one!

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2019-02-25 18:22 | Report Abuse

Musangking998

Richard Branson said,
Business opportunity is like the bus

If you missed one. Never mind
There is always another one coming down the road

So far

Carimin run up from 39.5 sen

Naim up from 50 sen

Azrb from 36 sen to 42 sen

Pantech up from 53.5 sen to 60 sen.

Looks like if tomorrow pantech retrace try to catch some

AND also azrb up only a small amount
Try to get some Azrb if tomorrow still got 42 sen

In a bull run like this counters might rotate and take turns to go up in circle

Still with stocks with exposure to oil and gas counters

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2019-02-25 18:23 | Report Abuse

Stay with oil and gas stocks
Especially go for laggards with potential

balvin71

1,154 posts

Posted by balvin71 > 2019-02-25 22:15 | Report Abuse

Had a good run. Tq everyone.

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2019-02-26 07:42 | Report Abuse

Very Happy Morning

You must be bullish where bulls are running

You must fish where fishes are a plenty

So you must pay attention to O&G stocks now in vogue.

THE Rm100 Billions trigger of the 0&G Bull run is due to Rapid's Demand for new supply of 54.7 extra million barrels of Crude oil a year.

So join the party early and don't stray elsewhere

Have a very nice and profitable year

azta12

5,594 posts

Posted by azta12 > 2019-02-26 09:44 | Report Abuse

start collect again and hold.

dusti

2,404 posts

Posted by dusti > 2019-02-26 12:02 | Report Abuse

Time to collect

James Ng

2,701 posts

Posted by James Ng > 2019-02-26 13:19 | Report Abuse

https://klse.i3investor.com/blogs/general/195175.jsp
[转贴] [PANTECH GROUP HOLDINGS BHD:世界各地的贸易紧张局势正在将开放贸易转变为贸易保护主义,这反过来又对其出口业务构成重大挑战,目前碳钢生产厂暂时停止向美国出口] - James的股票投资James Share Investing

Jaya

1,463 posts

Posted by Jaya > 2019-02-26 15:46 | Report Abuse

Calvin
Very good analysis

Bluey

349 posts

Posted by Bluey > 2019-02-26 15:47 | Report Abuse

The retracement gives a good opportunity to collect. The big boy are buying big

huathuat11

256 posts

Posted by huathuat11 > 2019-02-26 16:02 | Report Abuse

WHY DROP?

Jona0724

812 posts

Posted by Jona0724 > 2019-02-26 16:21 | Report Abuse

big player keep throw out ticket, maybe KWSP. will know tonight if they are dispose.

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2019-02-26 22:39 | Report Abuse

Drop is opportunity to buy

Oil and Gas bull run is going from strength to strength

After Dayang posted good results stock surged up.

After Penergy posted good results it went limit up

Today Naim posted fantastic result

Tomorrow people will go mad chasing Naim

So pantech still cheap worth to buy more
As well as Azrb for its time to perform will also come

Posted by CHENG085792 > 2019-02-27 11:42 | Report Abuse

Buy in already

Posted by (S = Qr) Philip > 2019-02-27 12:06 | Report Abuse

Why drop?

Because PANTECH is not actually doing oil & gas.

They are selling and cut & bend pipes, fittings and accessories which is also used in oil & gas. The do galvanising work on steel structure. And since got cut and bend factories they do structural work.

I buy my flowcon actuators and motorised valves from panaflo, but if got budget I always choose to buy from Siemens or ABB first.

They do trading, buying and selling ( which is why their profit margins are so low, 7% similar to ANNJOO)

They do not do epcc, design and build and other high margin activities.
You cannot look at a chicken and call it a duck.

If you are providing a service, similar to YINSON you will have high net profit margins (25% advice) which is very niche and hard to dislodge, you will have PRICING POWER.

Most of the flanges, pipes, fittings they stock and trade all come from CHINA. Do you think they melt their own steel, produce their own foundries, R&D and make their own pipes, fittings, flanges and valves?

Of course not.

The only reason why anyone use PANTECH is because they can sell cheap and keep stock.

If a company only way to fight is by selling cheap stuff with no innovation or market advantage, do you think they have a long term future? If you have quantity and money, anytime you can go to China to buy containers of steel material and kill PANTECH.

Calvin tan says he knows PANTECH?

I think not.

Posted by (S = Qr) Philip > 2019-02-27 12:14 | Report Abuse

Just look at the group of companies.

https://pantech-group.com/group-of-companies/

What do they do? Trading.

Nautic steels ltd is a new acquisition, they do flange and pipe fittings based on others design and specs which they license. You think it is crazy profitable? Buy the CTOS report and find out.

Pantech Stainless & Alloy Industries Sdn Bhd supplies and manufactures stainless steel pipes and fittings. Do you think it is a foundry and integrated plant? Of course not. They buy and assemble, oxygen weld, but fusion and resell.

Do you think it is an amazing business?

Buy the CTOS report and find out.

Average companies for average price.

But what does a retiring soon technical manager know about high pressure pipes, I'm sure Calvin knows best.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-02-27 12:27 | Report Abuse

U think this is the fist day Calvin in i3 meh.......calvin has been calvin for years in i3 already.......he not professional one....imagination banyat, reality not much.......

ran777rpt

2,945 posts

Posted by ran777rpt > 2019-02-27 12:28 | Report Abuse

America is buying so much of Chinese products as you will see how the GDP jumped over years and was a shock for America until they started imposing tariff on Chinese goods. Trump could not go ahead in force the reason being the protest of US companies doing business out of cheap Chinese goods or parts.
Pengerang may not do business with ABB or so as they are too cocky and expensive, may the products are branded but the fact may the produce of China. One main factor, Chinese cheap labour leads to cheap products but not in poor quality, if so US may not buy from them so much.
In a way PANTECH may be benefitted by Pengerang projects. My 2 cents thoughts.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-02-27 12:33 | Report Abuse

calvin imagination banyat.....he simply extrapolate and simply link events, and factors one.....shoot first talk later.....

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-02-27 12:34 | Report Abuse

calvin imagination banyat.....he simply extrapolate and simply link events, and factors one.....shoot first talk later.....

maybe I should say, faith based.

Posted by (S = Qr) Philip > 2019-02-27 12:52 | Report Abuse

BASF is the main technology partner and designer for pangerang project. it is a huge German multinational. Their biggest automation and valve sorts are from Siemens. Flow meters and mechanical works are from ABB, best in the world.

Do you think anyone will use PANTECH for anything but the most basic of things?

Extrapolate yes, but within reason.

Don't take a look at a shroud from Turin and say that it is the cloth of Jesus when he went to the tomb.

Do some research at least.

Carbon dating and blood splatter analysis found that it came from the 14th century, and blood splatter analysis showed the blood flow location and dispersal did not show that it was trauma, but more staged and placed.

So much for faith based belief.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-02-27 13:47 | Report Abuse

S = Qr) Philip > Feb 27, 2019 12:52 PM | Report Abuse

So much for faith based belief.
==================

faith based beliefs is not the worse....the worse is bite and don't let go, just like a bull dog.....like raider and calvin.

tracy92

18 posts

Posted by tracy92 > 2019-02-27 14:04 | Report Abuse

Hi Philip, thanks for your great sharing. Can I have your views on DAYANG?

It has outstanding orderbook of RM3b, earnings seem sustainable hinted in last QR under prospect section. They’re service provider who is not directly benefited from oil prices, however, due to good oil prices in 2018, Petronas accelerates to carry out their maintenance activities - benefits dayang.

ran777rpt

2,945 posts

Posted by ran777rpt > 2019-02-27 14:29 | Report Abuse

Calvin has posted articles on PANTECH nearly a week ago. Why now only open mouth Philip? So you also enjoyed the ride up and now what to be low to pick again???

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-02-27 14:47 | Report Abuse

philips

Vitrox.........results flat PE 30.................but people buying......why?

who can answer this Question well I say is a real investor, a good investor and some one who is good.......

Posted by (S = Qr) Philip > 2019-02-27 14:48 | Report Abuse

I already opened mouth in his other articles long time ago son.

I don't buy penny stocks.

I don't speculate don't worry.

Unlike Calvin who keep promoting karambunai, talam petisai etc. But don't buy a single cent.

I only have 5 stocks in my portfolio, held and bought since 2009. Every quarter I top up those stocks only.

I have QL, bought in 2009.
TOPGLOV, bought in 2010.
YINSON, bought in 2013.
STNE (NYSE), bought in Jan 2019 @19.
PCHEM, bought in Jan 2019 @8.15.

I buy wonderful companies at fair prices.

ran777rpt

2,945 posts

Posted by ran777rpt > 2019-02-27 14:58 | Report Abuse

Rich guy

Posted by (S = Qr) Philip > 2019-02-27 15:31 | Report Abuse

Hi Tracy92,
Here is how I evaluate DAYANG. They are a topside and maintenance contractor. In its long history it has not diversified into new business units, so I assume they are either concentrated or management not talented enough to expand into new business.

In topside maintenance, there is a limited number of sites that need to be maintained within a fixed amount of time. DAYANG has a limited number of ships and competent people therefore they cannot bid for more jobs than they can safety handover. There are other contractors who do the exact same thing in the sphere like CARIMIN, Petra, barakah etc, all of which are no different from each other, no special difference or equipment. Therefore, they will all get the same jobs as to how much they can do.

So now you get to my concept of terminal growth. There are a limited number of oil platforms and refineries offshore that need maintenance, and that maintenance needs to be done to a standard which maximises the duration of length into the next scheduled maintenance.

The last big contracted maintenance? 2014. DAYANG did 874 million. 181 million pat. 18.7 roe. After that? No more business until recently. How much money dayang making 2019? 930 million, 197 million pat. Notice the cycle of maintenance? Do you think we will have more offshore platforms moving forward in Malaysia? Or will it be a net replacement of depleted platforms (like hibiscus) which is sold and with new platforms.

Is dayang growing or just performing? If you take into account inflation, is DAYANG taking market share or just coasting. Obviously coasting.

My opinion is DAYANG has reached terminal growth already, with small growth prospects to look forward to. They are labor intensive with no skillset and competence to take international competition. They don't have the money to do m&a and expand into different industries. They also don't have obvious skill to take market share from other competitors.

All we have to look forward to is a cycle of boom/bust.

I suggest you move on.

>>>>

tracy92 Hi Philip, thanks for your great sharing. Can I have your views on DAYANG?

It has outstanding orderbook of RM3b, earnings seem sustainable hinted in last QR under prospect section. They’re service provider who is not directly benefited from oil prices, however, due to good oil prices in 2018, Petronas accelerates to carry out their maintenance activities - benefits dayang

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-02-27 15:56 | Report Abuse

don't ask Philips about Dayang..........He only buys 5 shares in 10 years................

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2019-02-27 18:37 | Report Abuse

Correct loh
Don't listen to Philip
He does not know how to buy

Cyclical
Turnaround
Or asset play stocks

Naim was 50 sen and Philip missed

Philip will miss pantech, Azrb and penergy

ramada

3,955 posts

Posted by ramada > 2019-02-27 19:26 | Report Abuse

Actually Pantech very steady, both earnings and share price can't drop too much, also can't up too much.

Posted by Awangtoklah > 2019-02-27 23:55 | Report Abuse

Alamak... My TP is 80 cent jer... Can or cannot reach?...

VenFx

14,784 posts

Posted by VenFx > 2019-02-28 00:06 | Report Abuse

(S = Qr) Philip is good on the engineering procurement part.

This round im with Calvin bosku chun chun call in this black thunder cat.

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 2019-02-28 01:21 | Report Abuse

Pantech for this year will have extra booster
From Petronas increased demand for its new Oil Refinery

This is clear shown by heighten revenue for carimin, Dayang, penergy, pet hem and today serba dinamic

Hengyuan closing down for maintenance from August to October caused a loss but if Rapid closes for maintenance pantech stands to gain even more profit as it is the supplier of parts in pipes and valves

With all the oil brown fields needing replacement of parts and with green fields needing even more new orders pantech stands to reap higher sales

So don't be swayed by naysayers

Just hold

AND buy more if prices weaken

All the oil and gas related stocks are in a fresh bull run

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2019-02-28 06:07 | Report Abuse

When Philip makes a buy call, study it. It might be a good pick. He has a unique way to identify good investment opportunities

But when Philip criticises a stock, you can ignore him

Most of the time he is wrong

He based his opinion on too little details and jump into conclusion too easily

In other words, too judgmental, not open minded enough

Posted by (S = Qr) Philip > 2019-02-28 07:32 | Report Abuse

Well, I'm looking at long term growth of a stock or it's ability to beat the competition. Just keep monitoring and revisit PANTECH and DAYANG 1 year and 2 years from now. You will find that I'm right, for exactly the reasons I pointed out.

If you think CARIMIN can go to rm2, and with 5 cent earnings for 4 quarters ( I was right about kyy not having a crystal ball. He sold that stock at 80). I knew that topside maintenance was not going to be like clockwork. I called that bullshit.

Same thing with DAYANG and PANTECH. If you think Pantech will suddenly go above its 2017 of rm0.7, and it's 2014 high of rm1? I doubt you will find those kind of performance.

DAYANG? 2017 price was rm1. 2014 price was rm4. You think it will suddenly overperform in 2019 or even 2020?

Those stocks are just reverting to it's mean. If DAYANG can average 100 million net profit for the next 3 or 4 quarters consistently I'm a turtles egg.

I've actually done work on a platform before. Not topside maintenance, but PLC, scada and pumping sequence.

I know for a fact those big maintenance and refurbish projects come like over every 4 or 5 years.

You are right, I don't buy those things like talam, SASBADI, perisai, protasco and karambunai which Calvin loves so much. I put that in my too hard pile. I prefer going for rambutans I can pick with my hand, not the ones which I have to climb up the big tree.

P.S. I don't think Calvin knows how to pick those stocks either. If you put money in all those stocks Calvin promoted to buy last year, you probably won't have any more money to buy the new stocks that Calvin is promoting to buy this year.

>>>>>>>
Correct loh
Don't listen to Philip
He does not know how to buy

Cyclical
Turnaround
Or asset play stocks

Naim was 50 sen and Philip missed

Philip will miss pantech, Azrb and penergy

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-02-28 07:45 | Report Abuse

Icon8888 > Feb 28, 2019 06:07 AM | Report Abuse

When Philip makes a buy call, study it. It might be a good pick. He has a unique way to identify good investment opportunities

But when Philip criticises a stock, you can ignore him
=============

Philips input not wrong, u know..and he has the intellectual capacity to give a different perspective........only his holding period is not my holding period..............

On Pantech, I will not touch.....It could be a disaster......

On Dayang, its a turnaround play, still got room......

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-02-28 07:57 | Report Abuse

don't ask Philips about second and third liners.......want to ask Philips, ask Philips about Serba, fund managers hot favorite stock, ticks all the right boxes........

Jona0724

812 posts

Posted by Jona0724 > 2019-02-28 08:09 | Report Abuse

(S = Qr) Philip and calvintaneng are different investor, who is right market will proof it after some time. For the past a month, calvintaneng is right and from the stock pick of (S = Qr) Philip, it is great if we can hold as long as him. Thanks for both to share their opinion. Thank you.

3iii

13,113 posts

Posted by 3iii > 2019-02-28 08:15 | Report Abuse

>>>
P.S. I don't think Calvin knows how to pick those stocks either. If you put money in all those stocks Calvin promoted to buy last year, you probably won't have any more money to buy the new stocks that Calvin is promoting to buy this year.
>>>

Over the last 12 months, how many stocks have Calvin highlighted or promoted?

Calvin is hardworking but he is not a good investor, in my book.

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2019-02-28 08:40 | Report Abuse

The problem with Philip is that he is a full glass

So it is impossible to pour water into it

I have been in the market for so many years, yet I am still half empty

And still humbly learning from many people

Including Philip

Posted by (S = Qr) Philip > 2019-02-28 08:51 | Report Abuse

I am more like a sponge. I have been in the market so many years, I can see what can work and what can't work. Those that can't work long term, study it read it but don't absorb it.

The secret to stocks is to not lose money in the long run. Compounding will do the rest. How not to lose money? Don't try so hard and do complicated investments. Hoping to do magic and get outsized returns. Small consistent returns with big sums over a long term can do magic.

Why buy unstable small penny stocks like CARIMIN, AZRB, PANTECH, or Upgrading and repairing plants like HENGYUAN and LCTITAN when simple, guaranteed profit earners with wonderful management, balance sheet and fantastic consistent moats like PCHEM just next door?

You can earn just as much money buying simple consistent businesses that won't lose you money. Can earn big money by jumping off the side of the pool, why need to do 3.5 difficulty degree flip into triple somersault,

In investing you just need to be consistent. Why need to be fantastic?

stncws

10,617 posts

Posted by stncws > 2019-02-28 08:54 | Report Abuse

still young philip you....many things lah !

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-02-28 09:02 | Report Abuse

y Icon8888 > Feb 28, 2019 08:40 AM | Report Abuse

The problem with Philip is that he is a full glass

======

IMO Philips cannot be faulted......Over a life time, I think simple jumps better than triple sommersaults...........simple investing participating in the growth of assured excellent companies, focused......

in a forum, a lot of distractions.

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2019-02-28 09:07 | Report Abuse

How can somebody be a sponge when he ends every article with "I hope you learn something today" ?

Wow .....

: 0

Icon8888

18,658 posts

Posted by Icon8888 > 2019-02-28 09:10 | Report Abuse

This is exactly the kind of attitude Uncle Koon has when he swaggered into this forum five years ago

And yet he lost 64 mil

What a joke

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-02-28 09:13 | Report Abuse

depends when one is born and started investing.........buy a few companies ( not many) and kept for last 30 years also can make a lot of money already....

but the interesting part of Philips is that he has the intellectual capacity to do proper investing.............not just luck.

qqq3

13,202 posts

Posted by qqq3 > 2019-02-28 09:15 | Report Abuse

Icon8888 > Feb 28, 2019 09:10 AM | Report Abuse

This is exactly the kind of attitude Uncle Koon has when he swaggered into this forum five years ago
=========

no compare.......kyy and philips are totally different.

the only similarity is Q..................ability to execute........stock picking and holding period very different la.........

Post a Comment