JCY INTERNATIONAL BERHAD

KLSE (MYR): JCY (5161)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

0.00 (0.00%)

Day's Change

0.40 - 0.42

Trading Volume

67 people like this.

20,116 comment(s). Last comment by FortuneBlooming 1 hour ago

bryan2003

70 posts

Posted by bryan2003 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Demand for AI-capable infrastructure is causing server buyers to significantly up orders for enterprise solid state drives (SSDs), and this is having an inflationary impact on the price of flash-based storage units.

These details come courtesy of market watcher TrendForce, which estimates that the growth rate of SSD demand for AI applications is likely to exceed 60 percent, with suppliers accelerating development of higher capacity products.

The inevitable downside of ballooning demand for enterprise SSDs is a spike in prices. Contract prices for this category rose by more than 80 percent over the period from 4Q23 to 3Q24, TrendForce claims.

SSDs play a key role in AI model training thanks to their low latency and high throughput. They are primarily used for storing model parameters including weights and deviations, the analyst says, but are also useful for creating checkpoints - periodically saving a snapshot of AI model progress to aid recovery in case of interruptions.

The flash-based devices are useful in inferencing too, where SSDs allow for data updates to models in real time to fine-tune outcomes. As more information is generated, the storage capacity required also increases, making high-capacity SSDs such as TLC/QLC 16 TB or larger the preferred choice for these applications.

As a consequence, the market for AI server SSDs has seen an upswing in demand for products larger than 16 TB from the second quarter onwards, TrendForce reports. It estimates that overall capacity of AI-related SSDs procured during 2024 will exceed 45 EB (exabytes), where 1 EB is equal to 1,000 petabytes or a million terabytes.

Meanwhile, demand for AI servers is touted to push the average annual growth rate for SSDs to more 60 percent over the next few years, with SSDs that target AI potentially rising from 5 percent of total NAND Flash consumption in 2024 to 9 percent in 2025.

Earlier this year, system builder Dell warned of a hike in both DRAM and SSDs prices of about 20 percent, saying it expected to see "a step function in cost in the second half of the year driven primarily by DRAM and SSD," and it would be forced to "adjust its prices accordingly."

An earlier report from TrendForce also revealed the growth in NAND flash revenue among chipmakers; it was up 28.1 percent to $14.71 billion in the first calendar quarter of 2024, fueled by demand for enterprise SSDs to fit out servers for AI processing.

One SSD maker, Western Digital, recently reported revenue up 41 percent to $3.8 billion for the quarter ending June 30, compared with the same period last year, and said it expects enterprise SSDs to represent a "double-digit percent share" of its portfolio mix for its fiscal 2025.

IDC's Senior Research Director for EMEA Andrew Buss agreed AI demand is propelling the price of SSDs, as well as other components.

"GenAI demand is certainly driving up demand for high performance storage, and this is resulting in some limitations in NAND flash availability which has had the tendency of driving up storage prices," he told us.

From personal experience Buss has noticed consumer SSDs have seen "a significant and sustained uplift in overall price for the capacity."

Trendforce says that in response, suppliers are accelerating process upgrades and aiming for products that user higher density NAND flash components to drive up capacity, and this will eventually produce 120 TB enterprise SSDs. ®

Gggggg

186 posts

Posted by Gggggg > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

When you have 1 shot, 1 opportunity

Would you grab it?

Dont fomo

Gggggg

186 posts

Company bussiness?
In line with the current theme?
Qr? Will know soon, but sentiment looks positive

Posted by FortuneBlooming > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Nvidia rebound adds US$420b market value in four days

https://theedgemalaysia.com/node/722701

Vicky

1,568 posts

Posted by Vicky > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Still waiting for the JuiCY report from JCY QR report. See what you got JuiCY JCY...

x3sphere

510 posts

Posted by x3sphere > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Aug 14): Norway’s Government Pension Fund Global (GPFG) raised its equity investment in Malaysia in June from the end of 2023 as the world’s largest sovereign wealth fund grew in asset size and returns.

The fund also known as Norway’s Oil Fund has 214 Malaysian stocks worth US$2.32 billion (RM10.26 billion) in its portfolio by the end of June, according to its half-yearly disclosure. That compares with 180 companies worth US$2.05 billion on its books at the end of December.

GPFG also has US$178 million worth of Malaysian government bonds, but does not have any investments in real estate or renewable energy infrastructure in the country.

Globally, GPFG generated a 12% return from equity investments but suffered losses of 1% from fixed income, 1% from unlisted real estate and 18% from renewable energy infrastructure.

"The equity investments gave a very strong return in the first half of the year,” said Nicolai Tangen, the chief executive of Norges Bank Investment Management that manages GPFG. “The result was mainly driven by the technology stocks, due to increased demand for new solutions in artificial intelligence.”

Malaysia nevertheless accounted for only 0.1% of all its global investment valued at US$1.55 trillion.

In Malaysia, new investment by GPFG included oil-and-gas services firm Keyfield International Bhd (KL:KEYFIELD), JCY International Bhd (KL:JCY) that makes components for computer storage and telecom services firm OCK Group Bhd (KL:OCK).

GPFG however dumped electronic services firm Kobay Technology Bhd (KL:KOBAY), speaker manufacturer Formosa Prosonic Industries Bhd (KL:FPI) and hypermarket operator Aeon Co M Bhd (KL:AEON), among others.

In terms of sectors, GPFG’s exposure is the highest in financials followed by industrial and technology. The fund raised its investment sum the most in real estate by 93%, energy by 79% and consumer staples by 43%.

The fund’s top three holdings in Malaysia by market value were CIMB Group Holdings Bhd (KL:CIMB), Malayan Banking Bhd (KL:MAYBANK) and Public Bank Bhd (KL:PBBANK).

(recycled post about volatility, just for some general reinvigoration, inspiration and motivation)

So why bother to bodoh2 play volatile counter huh. Why not play strong solid secure counters like Maybank, Gamuda, Ranhill, YTL Power, SimeProp etc. leh.

Because, especially for those who really know, it is indeed the volatile stocks which give the best most lucrative returns. Honestly. How?

Because it's only with volatile stocks that that you can buy so low, then sell so high, sometimes within the space of only two weeks, sometimes a bit longer, depending on market conditions and investors' mood. You in fact RIDE on the volatility, i.e. you actually positively exploit it. Instead of whining crying weeping about it.

You can't do that with Maybank, Gamuda, Ranhill, YTL Power, SimeProp etc. Nope. Oh no. It just does not happen.

Simply because they are just what they are. Too rock solid, too stable, too steady. So, how are you going to make anything from something that you bought at RM5, let's just say, when it just stays at around that same unmoving price for 7 or 8 months. You just can't.

Main precaution being, you would need to find and choose a volatile stock that also has relatively sturdy robust fundamentals, bright prospects and a strong upside potential. Definitely not something in danger of sliding into PN17 in the near term, obviously. For your own safety.

One more thing. It's all well and good to be thinking of making good gains within a month or less. But then OTOH, you also need to be ready to go longer, just in case your one month or less time frame for your exit plan does not work out according to schedule.

(just for some general reinvigoration, inspiration and motivation)

Prediction: Nvidia Stock Is Going to Soar After Aug. 28

https://www.fool.com/investing/2024/08/14/prediction-nvidia-stock-going-soar-after-august-28/

mf

28,757 posts

Posted by mf > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Indices
FBM KLCI

FBM KLCI

0.02%

Posted by EatSleepTrade77 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Wow, Norway's oil fund bought JCY

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Posted by calvintaneng > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Jcy will most probably report a better set of results later this month

So current weakness is opportunity to add Jcy, notion or Dufu

However, the best is to diversify into 🌴 like Tsh resources for capital protection should Trump late impose Tariff on all

Even long time very very long time hard core very very hard core JCY sceptics critics cynics including Mz Vicky are now staunch converted faithful JCY believers and supporters. Which just says it all about the irresistible appeal and power of JCY.

Posted by Greenbull88 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

EatSleepTrade77

Wow, Norway's oil fund bought JCY

The DBT of 40,000,000 in last month should be sold to Norway fund.

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Norway Fund in Jcy because they view HDD like Tech growth stock

however HDD is more defensive than Tech as HDD cannot be made in USA due to its high demand for manual labour

pang72

51,012 posts

Posted by pang72 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Calvin, your hdds profit is erupted from huge profit to profit..

Soon will be cut lose!

Vicky

1,568 posts

Posted by Vicky > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Again sentiment rules. Not news. Not profits. Investors cash out and put inside pocket due to global and local uncertainties. Prices crash like no man's land !

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Pang72

I told all at Eagle group to buy Tsh at 32 sen

also told them to sell half to take profit to get back original cost

so the rest just profits and Jcy now 65 sen still up 100% from our 32 sen buy call

see

below 👇

https://klse.i3investor.com/web/blog/detail/www.eaglevisioninvest.com/2024-06-24-story-h-158779798-HDD_BULL_RUN_TIME_FOR_JCY_NOTION_DUFU_How_To_Protect_Your_Profits_50_Al

Zachzach

1,257 posts

Posted by Zachzach > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

when is the qr date?

Zachzach

1,257 posts

Posted by Zachzach > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

i hope it jump over 80sen anytime soon

badrul1970

160 posts

Posted by badrul1970 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

next QR for JCY is expected to be released around August 21, 2024

Tech Stocks to Buy on the Rebound -
Human and “machine” agree: any of these have the potential to be breakout stocks
3d ago · By Thomas Yeung, CFA, InvestorPlace Markets Analyst

https://investorplace.com/2024/08/5-tech-stocks-to-buy-on-the-rebound/

Note:
Love it or loathe it, Nvidia still on the list, for buying on the dip.

pang72

51,012 posts

Wow! Calvin sold most hdds taking profit..
Good job lo...

So, balance stock is for fun mah..

So, even crashing like now still earning but earning will be less n less to zero...

pang72

51,012 posts

At least, Calvin will not cut loses when hitting 20c later. Good

Mr Pang72 suddenly surfaced in JCY room to do some bottom sniffing gah, ki ki ki😹

Vicky:
"Again sentiment rules. Not news. Not profits. Investors cash out and put inside pocket due to global and local uncertainties. Prices crash like no man's land !"

Regarding sentiment effect, no need for you to keep singing that stale old song like sick old parrot la. Everybody who been in Bursa long enough already would know that stock price is at least 75% about perception.

While you waited until so late because you were always so cynical so critical so sceptical of JCY, then you jumped in only at 68 on Tuesday.

Then yesterday just because you cannot tahan small drop, you jumped ship at 65. Today price surged back up to 68. Banyak padan sama you punya sour grape sore arse hurt butt bitter heart punya muka lor, ki ki ki ha ha lol.😹😂🤣

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Hahaha

FortuneBlooming

I like your nice jokes!

(just for some general reinvigoration, inspiration and motivation)

Ex-Google CEO Eric Schmidt sees Nvidia as big AI winner: ‘You know what to do in the stock market’

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/08/15/eric-schmidt-on-nvidia-you-know-what-to-do-in-the-stock-market.html

Key Points:
1. Former Google CEO Eric Schmidt said in a recent talk at Stanford that tech giants are planning for increasingly large investments into Nvidia-based AI data centers.

2. “I’m talking to the big companies, and the big companies are telling me they need $20 billion, $50 billion, $100 billion” in AI infrastructure, Schmidt said.

3. He made the remarks in a video this week, that was posted by Stanford but subsequently removed, on the topic of AI.

pang72

51,012 posts

No jcy, no hdd.. I don't gamble

calvintaneng:
"Hahaha; FortuneBlooming; I like your nice jokes!"

Oh well, bro, I just try my best to keep the room alive, cheerful and in good natured humour.

For me, I believe that investing and wealth building need not in any way be dry, dreary and dull. It can and should indeed be a fun happy life.

pang72

51,012 posts

I come jcy forum because Calvin spam to my banking stock to ask me to buy hdds...

So, I come here to spam hdds forum to ask Calvin to cut loses in hdds because I don't want to gamble in low margin and high risk hdds which American don't want to Mfg.. And up 400% from 20c!

pang72:
"No jcy, no hdd.. I don't gamble"

Aah. Yah gah. Sure boh?

So you were already gambling in Notion that time lor. You padam erased all your posts in Notion geh, ha ha ha.

You x pandai main JCY lor, if like that one. So, where were you around 10 weeks ago, when guys were buying at 62.5 then selling at 92.5 within 2 weeks leh.

pang72

51,012 posts

Yes, I am gamble in Notion last time.
My post still there. Please scroll back to read

pang72

51,012 posts

I have pocket my profit before hdds crashing

pang72

51,012 posts

So, now you can enjoy the after crashing effect in hdds..

pang72:
"I have pocket my profit before hdds crashing"

You made chicken feed profit only lor. If at all. Not like other smarter guys who made bucketloads.

Because your game always based on chasing high then selling not so high lor.

pang72

51,012 posts

OK, you win, you earn millions, I know..
My chicken profit can not compare with you..
You win from 90c crashing to 60c..

Hero!

pang72

51,012 posts

My strategy is win less but not loses big from 90c to 60c..

pang72:
"I have pocket my profit before hdds crashing"

You made chicken feed profit only lor. If at all. Not like other smarter guys who made bucketloads.

Because your game always based on chasing high then selling not so high lor.

Ini mcm punya game kalo, mmg confirm sudah bnyk kali cut loss panic selling lor, because if chasing high then got high risk of correction after buying also lor.

calvintaneng

56,242 posts

Pang72

Did you lost alot chasing Gpacket from Rm1.60 to Rm1.90

Then holding gpacket till below 10 sen

https://klse.i3investor.com/web/blog/detail/www.eaglevisioninvest.com/2023-04-02-story-h-274336329-HOW_SYNDICATES_USE_DECOY_TO_HUNT_UNSUSPECTING_PREY_IN_KLSE_JUST_LIKE_TU

Dan Ives calls AI ‘the fourth industrial revolution’ ahead of Nvidia earnings

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/business/technology/2024/08/15/dan-ives-calls-ai-the-fourth-industrial-revolution-ahead-of-nvidia-earnings/

Gggggg

186 posts

Guys, dont feel threaten or envy if someone like/support this stock. If they buy, surely they know abt TAYOR. Its their money n their own decision afyer wise analysis.

AI/DC is the trend now, if people want to ride the theme, let them, maybe its an opportunity .

flyhub888

549 posts

Posted by flyhub888 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

when QR out ?

Gggggg

186 posts

Tomolo, if suddenly run , again find best entry

Datacentres in Malaysia: Ctrl + Alt + Deploy

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/focus/2024/08/18/data-centres-ctrl--alt--deploy

Wall Street wraps up best week of the year as recession fears fade

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/business/markets/wall-street-wraps-up-best-week-of-the-year-as-recession-fears-fade-12799139.html

US stocks ended higher on Friday, extending their BIGGEST WEEKLY PERCENTAGE GAINS OF THE YEAR as worries of an economic downturn eased and investors focused on the Jackson Hole Economic Symposium next week.

So, take note guys, especially them chronically continuously naysaying doubting detracting downdragging guys. No more babbling on about IMAGINED "US recession", all right.

Posted by EatSleepTrade77 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

Total HDD shipments in C1Q 2024 were up about 1.0% compared with C1Q 2024 (30.3M versus 29.7M)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomcoughlin/2024/08/04/c2q-2024-hard-disk-drive-industry-update/

Post a Comment
Market Buzz