SOUTHERN STEEL BHD

KLSE (MYR): SSTEEL (5665)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

0.00 (0.00%)

Day's Change

0.575 - 0.575

Trading Volume

2 people like this.

4,657 comment(s). Last comment by Atacms 2023-12-26 11:34

Huatar333

690 posts

Posted by Huatar333 > 2018-03-01 14:53 | Report Abuse

cheap pump another 100k

Vivian Hee

235 posts

Posted by Vivian Hee > 2018-03-01 15:41 | Report Abuse

ssteel drop a lot from 2.36 to 2.13

annjoo pe 9.71
lionind pe 6.84
masteel pe 6.34
ssteel pe 5.73

steel counter is hard to hit pe 10 @@

Huatar333

690 posts

Posted by Huatar333 > 2018-03-01 15:44 | Report Abuse

lowest peof all and best result never regret ..will buy more come drop more

Huatar333

690 posts

Posted by Huatar333 > 2018-03-01 15:44 | Report Abuse

by the time hit pe10 is too late to buy

Vivian Hee

235 posts

Posted by Vivian Hee > 2018-03-01 16:02 | Report Abuse

what ssteel will bear if lost the court case?

fattmoney

62 posts

Posted by fattmoney > 2018-03-01 17:13 | Report Abuse

Vivian Hee what ssteel will bear if lost the court case?

Yes I am also a bit concerned about the court case, especially the one claimed by Danieli and DMSB amounting to EUR35 million. Does anyone have a clearer picture on the status of this claim?

nicky11

654 posts

Posted by nicky11 > 2018-03-02 08:42 | Report Abuse

US impose steel and aluminium tariff, it had noting to do with Malaysia steel sector as we are mainly supply in local market and never heard about export to US. Anyway, some panic seller may chaos here. hmm

wilzai

43 posts

Posted by wilzai > 2018-03-02 09:11 | Report Abuse

looks like ssteel price keep dropping, no idea why result good but price can't sustain.
almost can concluded that ssteel was best result among big 4 steel counters, isn't it?

nicky11

654 posts

Posted by nicky11 > 2018-03-02 11:12 | Report Abuse

I think mainly people are aware with their lawsuit case & in-liquidity of the stock. Anyway, I will hold it and buy low. Now, in term of earning & revenue, ssteel already overtake annjoo.

edward123

243 posts

Posted by edward123 > 2018-03-02 11:24 | Report Abuse

Dear All, court case issues have been provided thru the quarter provisions by the account department, therefore lose will have no impact but will if win will be positive to the overall financial status.

fattmoney

62 posts

Posted by fattmoney > 2018-03-02 11:30 | Report Abuse

Posted by edward123 > Mar 2, 2018 11:24 AM | Report Abuse

Dear All, court case issues have been provided thru the quarter provisions by the account department, therefore lose will have no impact but will if win will be positive to the overall financial status.

Thanks for the input Edward! But I noticed the Provisions in the Balance Sheet of the latest QR is only RM19.9 mil. Might not be enough to cover the EUR35 mil case (in case they lose)?

Dartmaster

1,029 posts

Posted by Dartmaster > 2018-03-02 12:21 | Report Abuse

Rm100m that is huge!! will result in lower earning for a few quarters

edward123

243 posts

Posted by edward123 > 2018-03-02 13:38 | Report Abuse

Bro fattmoney, the rest will be covered by insurances........that is prepared fw years back as to prevent this kind of misdemeanour.....

aslm

379 posts

Posted by aslm > 2018-03-02 14:01 | Report Abuse

edward123, really thanks for the info..

Posted by Sapphire_88 > 2018-03-02 14:19 | Report Abuse

Bro Edward, their insurance cover court case as well?

fattmoney

62 posts

Posted by fattmoney > 2018-03-02 15:01 | Report Abuse

Ok noted thanks a lot for the info bro Edward!

ming

2,056 posts

Posted by ming > 2018-03-02 15:39 | Report Abuse

the court case is not the new thing.. how come now only become a concern ? issit the court result coming out soon?

Posted by investoroem > 2018-03-02 16:29 | Report Abuse

People in the know are slowly collecting. Dont see any reason this quarter's earning should be anything less than last quarters'

Warn3r

792 posts

Posted by Warn3r > 2018-03-02 16:53 | Report Abuse

It’s only your own thinking that this is about the court case.

1 year ago, the dispute was already around. The price was RM 1.20. Today, despite the drop it’s above RM 2.00. Would you buy at RM 1.20 given the chance again?

Consider this, the EPS will very likely go to 50+ or even 60+ cents. But the PE is determined by the market, it could be 8 or 7 or 5. But I know if the EPS can go up to 60 cents. Even PE 5 will give RM 3.00.

sostupid

447 posts

Posted by sostupid > 2018-03-02 17:12 | Report Abuse

Sostupid=just like anyone of us in real life, if you really want to think for somebody, you have to let that somebody solve his own problem by himselve ("Investment is most intelligent when it is most businesslike.” --Benjamin Graham, The Intelligent Investor.)
Or this is called, 放下屠刀立地成佛, or also , 解玲還需系玲人.

What so difficult to make a decision, don't be more stupid than sostupid, 佛在你自己心中, if you want to do something other people need now (現在必要), please make sure that the something is also important to you right now (現在重要). ("Investment is most intelligent when it is most businesslike.” --Benjamin Graham, The Intelligent Investor.)

Warn3r

792 posts

Posted by Warn3r > 2018-03-02 17:53 | Report Abuse

If your theory is to be true, then there should not be any education, legal, medical institution or infrastructure. Everyone find out and solve their own problem.

And if your theory is to be true, why are you telling me this and not let me find this out myself?

歪理连篇。

sostupid

447 posts

Posted by sostupid > 2018-03-02 19:08 | Report Abuse

如何放下屠刀立地成佛

佛教裡的「放下屠刀立地成佛」也是同理。所謂的屠刀,並非手中有形的刀,而是我們對生死煩惱、五欲塵勞的執著。這一切,並不是我們說放就能放下的。當我們苦惱時,說一聲放下,就能立刻放下那些讓我們苦惱不堪的事嗎?我們想念親人時,說一聲放下,就能立刻把那個日夜思念的人忘掉嗎?若非平日訓練有素,你想一下子放下,根本是辦不到的。如果放下已經不成問題,那麼,成就也是不成問題的。

因此,在佛教裡,放下屠刀立地成佛並不特指罪惡之人,但凡是生活中能夠讓人產生煩惱和業障的東西,都是那把屠刀,而你若能放下屠刀,自然就能立地成佛。

To 歪理连篇: What is theory? Do you mind trying to understand what is the meaning of theory first before you talk about theory.

To sostupid: theory 道理 is not something 歪理连篇 (something for you to talk talk what you want with) but to me theory is everything (your reward whether good or bad) must be derive from work or what is derived from work (道理), a workable model you do to earn a living (practical 實際), or a realistic way (something you do so that other people will not be bad to you 現實).

that is why 道理,實際,現實 must be together all the time and if your intention is to win big you also need the other three elements 天時, 地利, and 人和. You have to think whether you are long- term investor (for this you need paster edward123 to help you in this case) or you are actually someone who is trying to earn a living by buying stocks. If you are the latter (for goodness sake), please you don't need a pastor to tell you what to do. Beware of geeks bearing formulas if you are just trying to be a simple wage earner that sort of people.

sostupid

447 posts

Posted by sostupid > 2018-03-02 19:36 | Report Abuse

Warn3r: Have you ever woo a girl or it is the girl that is wooing you in life or not? You will understand this if you have.Take for example you see your girlfriend in a sad mode today, what is the best thing to do, if you really want to think for your girlfriend.

(1)如果你要做別人過去重要的事情,你就要對你自己不好.
(2)如果你要做別人喜歡的事情,你就要做對別人重要的事情.
(3)如果你要做別人的需要,你就要做別人喜歡的事情.
(4)如果你真真正正的要替別人想, 你就要讓別人自己解決別人自己的問題.

Those 4 above for wooing girl.

The only thing you need to determine is whether you want to find a girlfriend that is in the kind of bad mode like ssteel or not?

I remember warren buffett said marry up don't marry down which means you want to find a girl to do all this for you or you want to be the boyfriend to do all this for your girlfriend instead. For this you have to see whether you want to be warren buffett or Warn3r?

Warn3r

792 posts

Posted by Warn3r > 2018-03-02 19:39 | Report Abuse

There’re two types of ppl. First type, they’re knowledgeable and wise, so at times of confusion they are able to offer clarity through their advice. And because of their wisdom, they make the concepts relevant, simple and straight to the point.

Yes. I’ve tried to understand what you meant. But you really do not make sense, at all. I hate most when ppl read a verse or two and then forcefully apply it to irrelevant situations. This is akin to a 9-year old kid who has just memorized two peribahasa and forcefully apply it to his karangan.

英语不通,中文不顺。归根究底是因为你的佛理十窍九窍通(一窍不通)。我根本就不想win big. 还有,你根本就没有回答到问题。

佛经里有很多道理,也很有哲学。所以,你可不可以不要侮辱他?

Warn3r

792 posts

Posted by Warn3r > 2018-03-02 19:40 | Report Abuse

And, you’re clearly the second type of ppl.

sostupid

447 posts

Posted by sostupid > 2018-03-02 19:51 | Report Abuse

SSteel is a big dissapointment, many people like me hold this counter for more than 10 years. Till now, the company has not admitted its mistake, or talk about its mistake, or let shareholders know about its mistake. It is all other people's mistakes (the itali manufacturer of steel manufacturing machines) or we shareholders' mistakes and not their mistake (no 's' here).

Posted by Mohd Fahmi Bin Jaes > 2018-03-02 19:52 | Report Abuse

Crash

Warn3r

792 posts

Posted by Warn3r > 2018-03-02 20:18 | Report Abuse

你很奇怪。我给了别人我的意见,在这个forum里,会出现的大概都是成年人,拥有独立的思考和考察能力。他们有能力去不接受意见的。

你说成这个forum里,不应该分享任何看法。可是偏偏你是个典型思想强奸犯(重复性地硬把我已经告诉你我觉得是歪理的东西塞进我脑子里)。你明白吗?

你叫我让别人去解决别人自己的问题,可是你偏偏就是做着你叫我不要做的事(不让我自己去做我觉得是对的事)。

还有,这世界有无穷个可能性。不是每个情况都是4个选择而已。我和我太太是在一起做两个人都开心的事。你有谈过恋爱吗?

再谈投资,把股票和太太相比,你应该给你太太多一点的尊重。好吗?

hstha

3,324 posts

Posted by hstha > 2018-03-03 15:13 | Report Abuse

US trade remedies are credit negative but manageable for Asian steel-makers
Read more at https://www.thestar.com.my/business/business-news/2018/03/02/us-trade-...

Malaysian government has imposed a law for next 3 years to impose 15% tax on import of steel bars or products into Malaysia.

sostupid

447 posts

Posted by sostupid > 2018-03-04 13:17 | Report Abuse

I once made a mistake: I ask people to do for me what I don't know how to do for myself (build me a hrc manufacturing machine 我不會做的事情) and it end up that the other person ask me to do for her what is good for her instead (對她 (itali girlfriend) 好的事情) . You see "don't save up sax for old age", warren buffett said, which means when people are good to you you should try to protect yourself (別人對你好的時候你要懂得照顧你自己) but when other people are bad to you you have to save yourself (別人對你不好的時候你要懂得救你自己) , this is my mistake, instead , 我老是靠別人對我好我變成老是要做別人的需要,但是連佛都不是萬能的我有整摸可能做他所有的需要呢? This is my mistake and maybe this is somebody's else mistake too! 我不要當傻瓜(輸在前面)我也不用去替別做我篤定會輸給別人的事情(輸在後面). You see "don't save up sax for old age", warren buffett said, you know this is what he means now.

sostupid

447 posts

Posted by sostupid > 2018-03-04 13:23 | Report Abuse

勞心的人控制別人< 勞力的人被別人控制. I hope you share their sorrow with them and please don't share your energy with them.

cksam

752 posts

Posted by cksam > 2018-03-04 20:33 | Report Abuse

Before we argue further on how the recent tariff on steel and aluminium going to impact Malaysia greatly in the future as we may not see in now or the near future (one or two months). One thing is certain is that anything ends with the word war is never good. We have world war, price war, drug war, cold war and so on. Have any of those wars end up good?.

Friday, Dow Jones rebounded from the low of 24,217 to end at 24,538 points. That was a 320 points rebound. The reason behind was traders were expecting Trump going to U-Turn his earlier decision which meant the tariff is not going to happen. However it turned out the other way round. Trump has escalated his trade war rhetoric.

On Friday Trump initiated the Retaliatory Tax which means he is going to retaliate what America's trading partners going to do. The following is what he tweeted on Friday.

" When a country Taxes our products coming in at, say, 50%, and we Tax the same product
coming into our country at ZERO, not fair or smart. We will soon be starting RECIPROCAL
TAXES so that we will charge the same thing as they charge us. $800 Billion Trade Deficit-have
no choice! "

EU President Jean-Claude Juncker responded with the following.

"Europe will react to the proposed U.S. steel action with tariffs on motorcycles (Harley-Davidson), bourbon whiskey and blue jeans." - Juncker

On Saturday, Trump has fired another shot across the bow by proposing to their their cars..

" If the E.U. wants to further increase their already massive tariffs and barriers on U.S. companies
doing business there, we will simply apply a Tax on their Cars which freely pour into the U.S.
They make it impossible for our cars (and more) to sell there. Big trade imbalance! "

That means Trump has advanced his trade war plan. When America starts to put tariffs into it's import it is initiating Protectionism. In global trade "Protectionism" means a restriction of free trade. This would end up every country going to put up fences against each other. Prices of goods is going to increase and inflation is going out of control. Another point is that world trade is going to slow down tremendously and what happens next? Factories going to export less because every country is going to buy less from others. Eventually unemployment will increase and growth is slowing. This end result will be a stagnant global economy or also known as stagflation.

Thus the consequences of all these will be high inflation and economic stagnation. So how good will it be for all the countries in the world? A good semblance of what is going to happen next when countries reciprocating in trade wars is by looking at President Bush's 30% steel tariffs in March 5th 2002. The S & P 500 plunge 30% afterwards. The United States backed down and withdrew the tariffs on December 4, 2003.

Thus i am not surprise if the Dow is going to plunge another 1000 to 2000 points next week if Trump impose the tariff next week.

Huatar333

690 posts

Posted by Huatar333 > 2018-03-04 21:18 | Report Abuse

2.5 is on the way nothing to worry just keep buying ...I'm acculating since 1 year ago Price almost double

feimah

907 posts

Posted by feimah > 2018-03-04 21:32 | Report Abuse

US will make a big havoc in steel tariff. It is a sell signal and stay away.

cksam

752 posts

Posted by cksam > 2018-03-05 05:36 | Report Abuse

In view of the recent run up in stock prices of steel companies around the theme of "steel play". I reckon it went too far (as far as the moon) due to the overly bullish expectation by investors. Investors are expecting sky high financial performance by these companies. But mostly reported only normalized financial results and below expectations.This has created an unsustainable situation where some smart investors started cashing out. Consequently this has resulted in a negative feedback loop where selling begets selling.

The problem has been magnified by the recent announcement of tariff imposition on steel and aluminium by Trump. As a result many investors are trapped in higher prices and cutting losses is not the option any more as losses mount. However another point of argument is that due to the recent announcement by Trump prices for rebar steel has in fact went up. Hence it provided hope for investors to hold long term. Unfortunately from past experiences all tariff hike fails. What makes you think it will be successful this time?

If you look deeper into the problem when America slap a 25% tariff on imported steel, where will the excess steel going to go? China is known to "dump" products that are oversupply into the market regardless of price. What they want is to create employment so as not to create discontent among its people.Another reason is because most large steel manufacturers are owned by the CCP or Chinese Communist Party. They are not going to stay put and keep quiet. How about Korea, Japan and Taiwan whose share in the American steel import are 10%, 5% and 4% respectively? Are they going to keep quiet and move the excess production into inventory? What i can say is that it will come a time where these Asian exporters will 1) impose similar retaliatory measures and 2) dump their excess production into the open market which will create an oversupply situation in the short term. This is because every country wants to protect their labor employment market.

Thus in view of the above uncertainty and the coming market rationalization (investors coming to their senses) i am not surprise to see our steel counters in Bursa getting whack this week when market perception turns from bullish to cautiously bullish. Hence, stock prices will soon have to come back down to earth. In my view for this week the following possibility might play out for the selected steel counters.

1) AnnJoo Target Price RM 3.30
2) Masteel Target Price RM 0.97
3) SSteel Target Price RM 1.86

This is strictly my personal opinion and not a recommendation to buy or sell.

Happy Trading.

Posted by Mohd Fahmi Bin Jaes > 2018-03-05 05:54 | Report Abuse

Sell

MrPauper

1,031 posts

Posted by MrPauper > 2018-03-05 09:01 | Report Abuse

Never seen such i3 members come commenting so relentlessly during other times. All coming to post half-truth info hoping the price will drop to their favour to trade

nicky11

654 posts

Posted by nicky11 > 2018-03-05 09:30 | Report Abuse

Hi MrPauper, strongly agree with you.

cksam

752 posts

Posted by cksam > 2018-03-05 10:11 | Report Abuse

Everyone better watch out. This might be the calm before the storm !!

Warn3r

792 posts

Posted by Warn3r > 2018-03-05 10:33 | Report Abuse

2018 is a year of volatility.

MrPauper

1,031 posts

Posted by MrPauper > 2018-03-05 11:11 | Report Abuse

Warn3r, you are right. It will be very volatile from now onward. Traders and opportunists will come and go. Some will win and some will lose. But longer term investors are definitely winners in the long run as long as the fundamental landscape does not change. Just flush out the noises and distractions in the short term. We have seen countless of half-truths and biased analysis since ssteel trading up from rm1 until now. As we all aware, price does not move up or down in a straight line, so do our lives.

29 posts

Posted by 1686 > 2018-03-05 13:25 | Report Abuse

1. Canada 16%
2. Brazil 13%
3. South Korea 10%
4. Mexico 9%
5. Russia 9%
6. Turkey 7%
7. Japan 5%
8. Taiwan 4%
9. Germany 3%
10 India 2%

US import steel from above.

Mean Malaysia will have cheap products competition from Korea, Japan, Taiwan since these country have excess capacity

Hence impact is not Malaysia export to US, is all affected countries will damp to other countries for their excess capacity

29 posts

Posted by 1686 > 2018-03-05 13:33 | Report Abuse

Malaysia steel export market is heavily affected since customers have cheaper source of raw material.

It is like chain reaction , Jap , Korea , Taiwan damp steel to neigbour countries, eg Vietnam

Than Vietnam producer will sell excess capacity to south east asia

MrPauper

1,031 posts

Posted by MrPauper > 2018-03-05 13:43 | Report Abuse

Malaysia is protected against korea and japan. Regarding vietnam, how cheap are they going to dump? Do you think it is so easy to dump below market cost?

29 posts

Posted by 1686 > 2018-03-05 14:24 | Report Abuse

MrPauper....ever come accross anti dumping of steel of Malaysia against Indai, China, Korea etc....in real world ...steel manufacturer will in export market when price could cover variable cost only

cksam

752 posts

Posted by cksam > 2018-03-05 16:42 | Report Abuse

Investorss, be careful. Today the Hangseng Index has drop 697 points to 29,886. This can be considered drastic. The Hangseng and Nikkei is quite core-related to the Dow Jones as both of them can be considered as the bell weather of the Far East market.

A drastic drop of both means tonight Dow Jones might plunge. Hopefully the Dow will not plunge more than 500 points if not there will be another day of big selloff tomorrow in Asia.

Better be safe than sorry.

Happy Trading

Warn3r

792 posts

Posted by Warn3r > 2018-03-05 16:55 | Report Abuse

Cksam, I hope you’re genuinely concerned about the well-being of others instead of purposely creating fear.

I can accept difference in opinion but not lack of ethics.

But either way, I’m here to stay.

cksam

752 posts

Posted by cksam > 2018-03-05 17:27 | Report Abuse

I am not here to scare you people. I am talking about facts, price and volume momentum. Look for yourself has any stock today displayed meaningful rebound. Most almost closed at the lowest of the day. This shows weakness and there is nil momentum. Even if Dow Jones truly rebound today after 4 days of drop it doesn't mean the problems with Dow Jones is done with. The parabolic rise of Dow Jones from the low of 15,450.65 in January 2016 to 26,616.71 in Jan 2018 is considered a mania.

Stock are being push up not due to earnings growth but mainly through stock buy back programs which are heavily manipulated. Easy credit from banks enabled many corporations to buy back their share which not only push up their prices but also manipulate the earnings per share higer. Thus most companies looks good on the outside but rotten inside due to the share buyback manipulation.

Thus what i can conclude is that the Dow Jones is already done with. I don;t think we will ever see the Dow going above it's recent high in a long time. Dow is on the downtrend for sure and we shall see more violent moves and volatility moving forward. The Dow is on the way back to 19,000.

Warn3r

792 posts

Posted by Warn3r > 2018-03-05 18:51 | Report Abuse

Hi cksam. Thank you for your explanation. Some of your points are very valid. I see that most other forumers are more focused on the topic of trump’s tariff on metals while you spoke solely on the macro side.

But we know every market crash has a trigger. So what is it this time in your opinion? Would it be the threat to start a trade war and the reciprocal from EU?

Usually, there’re no signs of fear just before a collapse but I see so many ppl shitting in their pants. Another measurement is the spread between 2-year and 10-year treasury yield, which seems healthy at this point.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz