SOUTHERN STEEL BHD

KLSE (MYR): SSTEEL (5665)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

0.00 (0.00%)

Day's Change

0.575 - 0.575

Trading Volume

2 people like this.

4,657 comment(s). Last comment by Atacms 2023-12-26 11:34

MrPauper

1,031 posts

Posted by MrPauper > 2018-02-24 17:05 | Report Abuse

Well, current share price is a valuation of expected earnings in the near future based on the past. We shall see whether the landscape will change in the next 6 months

Fiona Yip

20 posts

Posted by Fiona Yip > 2018-02-24 17:18 | Report Abuse

@mrpauper : that's why I never mentioned ssteel is a bad stock currently as they are just started turnaround. Now now current share price and Pe why low it because high debts, rculs, very low dividend, court case and profit margin not as good as annjoo. Ssteel Net profit is def better than annjoo, but not profit margin. That's why now ssteel Pe 6-7 is fully valued currently(future don't know)

MrPauper

1,031 posts

Posted by MrPauper > 2018-02-24 17:24 | Report Abuse

I may agree with certain points raised but I really do not understand why a lot of parties emphasise so much on profit margin. What is the meaning of 100% profit margin on a RM100 sales compared to 50% profit margin on a RM 500 sales?

MrPauper

1,031 posts

Posted by MrPauper > 2018-02-24 17:26 | Report Abuse

Rather than looking at cost cutting to generate a higher profit margin, I would be more interested to look for higher revenue stream to boost my earnings

MrPauper

1,031 posts

Posted by MrPauper > 2018-02-24 17:26 | Report Abuse

There is a limit to how much cost you can cut but sky is the limit as to how much sales you can generate

MrPauper

1,031 posts

Posted by MrPauper > 2018-02-24 17:28 | Report Abuse

As long as a company has a decent profit margin, it shall do very well in goos economic cyclewhich the industry has just entered

gcke

1,359 posts

Posted by gcke > 2018-02-24 17:51 | Report Abuse

@Fiona Yip thanks anyway for your clarifications.
But there have been slight misrepresentation of facts by you going by the appended disclosure that you just shared:
http://disclosure.bursamalaysia.com/FileAccess/apbursaweb/download?id=...

1. Under the appended declaration 19(iii) it was just mentioned that the Session Court and later the Appeal Court in KL rejected SHRC request to suspend the court hearings filed by Danielli Thailand pending the resolution of the Consolidated Arbitral process as requested by SHRC.
Since SHRC's request to the two courts were rejected that means the litigation will commence in the open court hearing for a sum of Euro 115,067.00 as claimed by the plaintiff.There is no latest news that this court case had been heard and disposed off.

2.Under declaration 19 (i) and (ii) it was disclosed that the two contesting claims altogether by both disputing parties SHRC(respondent) and Danielli Spa(Plaintiff) had been filed for arbitration in Singapore.Up to today there was no mention of any outcome from the arbitration process.

3.One has to understand there is differences between civil claims in the high court and alternatively going the route of arbitration process.

The latter is less expensive for both parties,less time consuming and the judicial decision on the material litigation to be decided will be faster.

I stand to be corrected.

Jeffbkt

131 posts

Posted by Jeffbkt > 2018-02-24 19:06 | Report Abuse

Fiona. SSB had started providing provision for the potential losses in the court case in the last few quarter. Haven’t really check how much has been provision. Since you want to educate people here may be you can check it out. On the EPS, even is diluted it is still very high compare to others steel maker. So what make you think current price is fully value. Again please educate us your calculation to justify your claim.

nicky11

654 posts

Posted by nicky11 > 2018-02-24 19:56 | Report Abuse

Open an new account to write some misleading comments. I am wondering why he don't want to use real ID..hmm

trulyinvest

2,370 posts

Posted by trulyinvest > 2018-02-24 20:03 | Report Abuse

Wa, so many bad and uncertain situation ka? No wonder cannot go above rm2.50 even with good result

Fiona Yip

20 posts

Posted by Fiona Yip > 2018-02-24 20:57 | Report Abuse

@jeffbkt, the provision only 19mils ringgit Malaysia.

gcke

1,359 posts

Posted by gcke > 2018-02-24 21:01 | Report Abuse

@nicky11 who here not using real ID to comment?.Maybe you can expose them.

Fiona Yip

20 posts

Posted by Fiona Yip > 2018-02-24 21:02 | Report Abuse

Mrpauper, I agreed with ur point too on the profit margin. Actually what I'm telling market ppl thinking, this is fact and I can not control. Notme, not what I thinking.

nicky11

654 posts

Posted by nicky11 > 2018-02-24 21:15 | Report Abuse

@gcke All of us are using virtual ID too but sometimes we will see some fresh ID appear with some special comments. It make me have doubt with their motivation. Is it a really new i3 member or ? hmm~~

nicky11

654 posts

Posted by nicky11 > 2018-02-24 21:25 | Report Abuse

Anyway, everyone have their own judgement in stock investment. If feel this stock is worth to invest,then go ahead or vice versa. Happy investing and have a nice day. ^^

trulyinvest

2,370 posts

Posted by trulyinvest > 2018-02-24 21:27 | Report Abuse

I think short term is a buy.. now ssteel consolidate after suden surge... next week, px wil resume uptrend

gcke

1,359 posts

Posted by gcke > 2018-02-24 22:42 | Report Abuse

@nicky11 I am proud of my given name and lineage.No need to use false ID for me.One should have the integrity and conviction to comment and share.But any comments have to be founded or can be validated and not based merely on hearsay.

gcke

1,359 posts

Posted by gcke > 2018-02-24 22:52 | Report Abuse

IF one peruses and looks into Ann Joo they also have a number of Material Ligitations which were pending appeal or hearing.For examples:

1.The appeal made by Ann Joo to the Federal Court against the Appeal Court's decision on the case filed by TNB and the Jabatan Tanah for their plant in Penang;
2.The civil writ from Amsteel which is pending.

To safeguard the company and shareholders' interests the company has to avail themselves of the legal avenues and process to contest and contend.

Just to share some of the legal point of views just to inform the public and shareholders.

gcke

1,359 posts

Posted by gcke > 2018-02-24 22:54 | Report Abuse

One of the Material Litigation involving Ann Joo as litigant:

http://www.malaysiastock.biz/Company-Announcement.aspx?id=1029989

gcke

1,359 posts

Posted by gcke > 2018-02-24 22:57 | Report Abuse

Another pending Material Litigation declared and disclosed by Ann Joo:
http://www.malaysiastock.biz/Company-Announcement.aspx?id=982588

JN88

11,670 posts

Posted by JN88 > 2018-02-24 23:56 | Report Abuse

Can anyone tell why Annjoo give 34 cent dividend while Ssteel give only 3 cent in the pass two year?

joetay

3,737 posts

Posted by joetay > 2018-02-25 00:07 | Report Abuse

becos southern steel is majority owned by hong leong group.

Albukhary

2,799 posts

Posted by Albukhary > 2018-02-25 00:12 | Report Abuse

Why Annjoo declare dividend but SSteel dont? I think maybe due to:-

1) confidence on future earning.
2) to pare down debt

For example, you borrow RM300k margin from bank, and you use the RM300k to invest in KLSE, and very lucky you have earn RM60k on Year 2017.

If you are very confidence on your investment skill, you will probably spend the RM60k to buy a new car, travel to oversea, buy a Rolex, because you know you will make another RM60k or more in Year 2018 again.

However, if you have no confidence on your investment skill, you will probable save the money, or use it to payback the RM300k margin loan, because you not sure whether you are going to make another RM60k profit in Year 2018, so better keep the money to prepare for any future uncertainty.

JN88

11,670 posts

Posted by JN88 > 2018-02-25 03:12 | Report Abuse

ioetay: give you one like+

Haha. Have you see IOI group , Berjaya group++ and group group and other group give dividend??

Ans: No. SSteel by HLG. Let say dividend need to pay is 50 million per year.

They better use the 50 million to loan for house buyer. LOL....another 50 year, 5000 mil come to Big boss account.

Then tell me why they want to pay you.

ilovehits

3,955 posts

Posted by ilovehits > 2018-02-25 07:52 | Report Abuse

You talk like they never pay dividend. Actually they pay every year except 2015 and 2016. Their cash flow is not good, but still pay you dividend, though not as good as Annjoo, at least they give few cents to reward their small shareholders. In addition, dividend for this year only will be declared on april or may, which eye you see they never pay you dividend again.

It's useless to shout here shout there. Please talk with facts and figures.
http://www.malaysiastock.biz/Corporate-Infomation.aspx?securityCode=5665

ilovehits

3,955 posts

Posted by ilovehits > 2018-02-25 08:43 | Report Abuse

For example, your poor father loves you. He is hardworking but he can't afford to give you $3000 a month as your pocket money. Then can you say the rich father who living next door is better than your poor father? No, because your poor father is good too. Only these who never give pocket money r worthless.

Posted by invest_101 > 2018-02-25 10:46 | Report Abuse

Competency of mgmt is one of the attributes so it's pointless to argue against their decision.

Posted by invest_101 > 2018-02-25 10:47 | Report Abuse

Berkshire doesn't pay dividends too.

beatnodie

34 posts

Posted by beatnodie > 2018-02-25 10:49 | Report Abuse

current eps annjoo 38.01, ssteel 37.15. wait 1 more quarter report n see. sure ssteel > annjoo

Ramada

655 posts

Posted by Ramada > 2018-02-25 10:54 | Report Abuse

You should point to that MASTEEL which pay you dividend less than 1sen. I guess dividend this year should range from 5sen to 10sen. They only started turnaround last year but immediate paid you 3sen dividend, good enough. But frankly speaking, they should do some corporate exercises. Bonus issue is the best one.

MrPauper

1,031 posts

Posted by MrPauper > 2018-02-25 13:28 | Report Abuse

No need to argue with JN88. At last Friday's closing price, Ssteel was at RM2.26 while Annjoo was at RM3.70. We shall see which Co generate a higher return in share price and dividend at the end of the year

Posted by investoroem > 2018-02-25 19:55 | Report Abuse

JN88, if you favour annjoo so much, you better keep it at RM3.70 and dont sell it tomorrow (Monday). Talking bad on ssteel is not going to help annjoo share price.

trulyinvest

2,370 posts

Posted by trulyinvest > 2018-02-26 20:33 | Report Abuse

Yahoo.. consolidation over.. resume uptrend

Albukhary

2,799 posts

Posted by Albukhary > 2018-02-27 11:23 | Report Abuse

Steel price will adjust upward by 1st March 2018.

trulyinvest

2,370 posts

Posted by trulyinvest > 2018-02-27 11:25 | Report Abuse

sold 2.30. useless counter.. a lot of uncertainty... sell first. lock profit

Warn3r

792 posts

Posted by Warn3r > 2018-02-27 14:18 | Report Abuse

Some say, the hardest part of investment after buying into a good stock is to do nothing. Time will prove if your RM 2.30 is a good exit point.

To be fair, of course there are better performing stocks out there. But there are not many industries with such clear positive prospects for the next 2-3 years.

Dumb dumb hold.

edward123

243 posts

Posted by edward123 > 2018-02-27 17:10 | Report Abuse

Bro Warn3r, u are right on this, I have bought SSteel since 80cents per share , since then keep buying until reach 1.40 last year April, with the leverage price of 1.05/share, I have done nothing from then on, how much I have profited by doing nothing until now.

Albukhary

2,799 posts

Posted by Albukhary > 2018-02-27 17:15 | Report Abuse

Yes, edward 123, I also bought SSTEEL since 90sen, all the way till RM2.40, average is around RM1.60, I am also do nothing.

I'm waiting Annjoo to move, once Annjoo move to RM4.30 -RM4.50 level, Ssteel will be around RM2.70 - RM2.80 level.

If ssteel suddenly announce some 10-15sen dividend, then it would be better.

If ssteel suddenly announce bonus issue 2:1, then even better.

Posted by Sigmund1118 > 2018-02-27 19:26 | Report Abuse

Proven SSteel is the best rebar stock

Warn3r

792 posts

Posted by Warn3r > 2018-02-27 22:09 | Report Abuse

Hi bro Edward and Albukhary. I didn’t enter so early as I have just started investing for around half a year before coming across this counter. I made a huge loss in mycron (-20%) before ssteel and I was burnt. I entered ssteel at RM 1.32-1.34 and then kept buying until RM 1.8x.

But to me, these are not so important. What I learned are:
1. Respect initial target, I set a target to have return higher than FD. So while ppl lose their mind chasing the maximum return possible (by doing all sorts of funny stuffs), I stayed true to my initial target.

2. I sold mycron when it crashed 2 years ago. It had an okay QR amidst super high expectation. The price when from RM 1.10 to RM 0.7x. It proved to be a ‘longkang’ trap later but I have cut loss. With this bad experience, I challenged myself to battle my inner demons. I held on to ssteel when it went down to RM 1.10 (I was deeply in the red), and I held on when it dipped from RM 2.58 to RM 2.00 and then from RM 2.40 to RM 1.80. As long as the fundamentals are unchanged I ask myself to be unshaken.

I feel that I’ve grown more matured where I don’t feel much with 5 digits up/down within a day. (I’m small Ikan bilis so this amount is bing to me). I’m still working on my emotions towards absolutely unaffected by the share price but now I’m almost there.

3. Learning that there are still many selfless ppl out there who share valuable information/insights/research with no expectation of any return. Leoting, Edward, MrPauper, Albukhary and others, directly and indirectly, you restored my faith in humanity in this cold world.

This isn’t much but I would really like to say, thank you. You all have helped me grow in my stock investment journey. It has benefited me in my personal life about how I handle things too.

nicky11

654 posts

Posted by nicky11 > 2018-02-27 22:40 | Report Abuse

The recent Masteel result really prove that ssteel is really undervalue. Masteel having bonus issue for twice and if without bonus issue, their share price is at around 2.24(now is 1.4 with bonus issue) .. Ssteel with such eps just posting share price at 2.29.. Hmm, dunno should say Masteel goreng too much or ssteel no ppl want.

ming

2,056 posts

Posted by ming > 2018-02-28 00:43 | Report Abuse

明天会更好

Bullrun003

511 posts

Posted by Bullrun003 > 2018-02-28 11:01 | Report Abuse

Steel just non stop buying until it reach 2.5 by this year

Bullrun003

511 posts

Posted by Bullrun003 > 2018-02-28 11:01 | Report Abuse

Ssteel

Albukhary

2,799 posts

Posted by Albukhary > 2018-02-28 11:40 | Report Abuse

Someone throw SSteel, wait further n see any good price to collect more.

edward123

243 posts

Posted by edward123 > 2018-02-28 13:31 | Report Abuse

Bro Wan3r, you are most welcome, we just need perseverance on the things we do, once reached your TP, no matter what just sell it off at the price u initially wanted. Then look for opportunities again elsewhere.

Posted by Gypsum Hong > 2018-02-28 14:33 | Report Abuse

hello guys , i want to know how much ssteel debt is and how many court case still need to fight ? and the amount of lose is RM100 m +- if lose the court case ? thanks guy

Bullrun003

511 posts

Posted by Bullrun003 > 2018-02-28 14:48 | Report Abuse

Pumping another 100k good price now..low volume

Bullrun003

511 posts

Posted by Bullrun003 > 2018-02-28 14:48 | Report Abuse

Nothing to worry hahah

Posted by Dragonslayerz > 2018-02-28 23:35 | Report Abuse

There are many ways to make money from the stock market. Our famous Mr Ooi Teik Bee strictly follows his FA and TA system and teaches his method.

Mr Fred Tam strictly follow charts and he also teaches his system.

I just look at FA and TA but I do not strictly follow them because I look at the company’s business especially its profit growth prospect.

After I have tried various methods over the years, I have formulated my share selection golden rule which is as follows:

I will start to buy a little when I see the company reported a sudden jump in profit. When I see the company again reported increase profit for another quarter, I will buy more aggressively.

During the Asian Flu epidemic about 7 years ago, the demand for rubber gloves far exceeded supply. All the glove manufacturers were making phenomenal increasing profit every quarter and all their share prices were shooting through the roof.

Among all the glove manufacturers, I selected Supermax which shot up from 95 sen to Rm 6.20 per share within 15 months. During the epidemic, the Health Authorities took extra precaution to prevent the spread of the deadly virus. The use of gloves to handle almost everything was recommended. Temperature X-ray equipment was installed at every airport for every incoming passenger to pass through.

During that period there were so many analyst reports and recommendations and Top Glove was the most highly recommended. But I chose Supermax because it reported losses before the epidemic crisis and the share was selling at 95 sen per share, below par value. Every financial institution and investors must have glove company shares at that time.

The daily turnover for Supermax was more than 10 million shares. As soon as I saw there was no more an X-ray equipment at the airport when I returned from Hong Kong, I called my remisiers to sell all my holdings of Supermax. I managed to sell all my shares within a few days at above Rm 6 per share.

I also follow my share selection golden rule to buy Latitude Tree, VS Industry and Lii Hen and I became the second largest shareholder in Latitude Tree, VS Industry and Lii Hen at one time.

Each of these counters I mentioned above, went up a few hundred per cent within 1 or 2 years.

I was told that my share selection golden rule is unorthodox and it is not written in any text book.

There is an English say “Exception proves the rule. If there is no exception, there is no rule”.

In the case of my purchase of Jaks, I did not follow my share selection golden rule. I also did not follow FA & TA to start buying JAKS. In fact, I remember that I bought 6.8 million shares on 28 February last year when the company reported losses and the chart was dropping like a bomb.

Many people including my closest friends thought I was crazy to buy so many shares when the company just reported heavy losses.

FA and TA do not tell the future performance of the company.

Remember the accounts and financial statements and the price chart do not tell you the future profit growth prospect which is the most powerful catalyst to move share prices.

As an entrepreneur, I could see Jaks will have a tremendous profit growth from its 1,200 MW coal fired power plant in Vietnam. It looks so unbelievable that Jaks with such a small market capitalisation can eventually own 40% of the power plant with the Chinese parties who are responsible for the finance and construction of the power plant.

Jaks and his JV partners are sure of making profit every year for 25 years because the lawyers of the 3 Chinese National Banks must have gone through the power purchase agreement thoroughly to ensure the borrowers can make profit to return the loan. Since the loan of about Rm 7.7 billion is from the Chinese National Banks, the Vietnamese Government must honour the power purchase agreement.

Based on my business sense, I think the Chinese JV partners who are prepared to put in several billion Ringgit to own 60% of the power plant business, it is only logical they will soon want to buy some Jaks shares from the open market. Can you imagine how the share price will shoot?

Readers of I3investors’ comments on Jaks

With good intention, I have written several articles to encourage people to buy the shares. I was so frustrated when I see so many people ridiculed me in i3investor forum earlier. Now after the recommendations of Public Bank and Affin Hwang, I do not see any senseless comments.

Fortunately, just a days ago, Public Bank analyst published a very comprehensive report after his visit of the power plant construction in Hanoi. His target price is Rm 1.75 per share.

Affin Hwang analyst also published his site visit report with a target price of Rm 2.25 per share.

Mr Ooi Teik Bee did not buy Jaks after his site visit because he follows his FA and TA strictly. He does not want to look at its business. He will onl

Post a Comment
Market Buzz