EKSONS CORPORATION BHD

KLSE (MYR): EKSONS (9016)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

0.00 (0.00%)

Day's Change

0.00 - 0.00

Trading Volume

1 person likes this.

568 comment(s). Last comment by Dehcomic01 3 weeks ago

Michael Kwok

6,066 posts

Posted by Michael Kwok > 2022-04-27 22:45 | Report Abuse

The lumber is going shortage.once fully recover is going to usd 2000 above.world need lot of lumber for property,building and other.it need thing for construction.

BigZakar

261 posts

Posted by BigZakar > 2022-04-28 08:05 | Report Abuse

self genius blow water again......................if got money, better buy Tenaga

Michael Kwok

6,066 posts

Posted by Michael Kwok > 2022-05-23 00:15 | Report Abuse

Excuse me.u do not know wht i do in march 2020 till now.please see the record.if this stock do not up above rm 1 before cny 2023.i resign from here.tq.people want fast but do not wanted learn.there no such thing as jump stage in reality world.many do not wanted to learn but making continously mistake.

BigZakar

self genius blow water again......................if got money, better buy Tenaga

TheContrarian

8,625 posts

Posted by TheContrarian > 2022-05-23 08:57 | Report Abuse

CNY 2023 so long time.

BigZakar

261 posts

Posted by BigZakar > 2022-05-31 08:48 | Report Abuse

QR loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! will dive below 50cents soon..........michael in deep trouble

Posted by Questionking > 2022-05-31 13:33 | Report Abuse

Hahahaah no sound from Mk

asd88

806 posts

Posted by asd88 > 2022-07-31 15:36 | Report Abuse

AR shows cash + liquid 200+ mil but market cap now only 100mil

asd88

806 posts

Posted by asd88 > 2022-08-07 00:55 | Report Abuse

Im accumulating this counter, moving up soon

asd88

806 posts

Posted by asd88 > 2022-08-19 12:32 | Report Abuse

Haha see, finally volume is here

Tipster

752 posts

Posted by Tipster > 2022-08-30 18:27 | Report Abuse

Loss > 20 million in stock market, they think the company money is their money to gamble?

Michael Kwok

6,066 posts

Posted by Michael Kwok > 2022-09-16 01:45 | Report Abuse

When quiet sometimes is surprise.This counter can be ge 15 ply.

asd88

806 posts

Posted by asd88 > 2023-01-26 17:49 | Report Abuse

Anyone knows where is the michael that claimed eksons will be above rm1 before cny? I guess he really resign like he said haha.

Michael Kwok

6,066 posts

Posted by Michael Kwok > 2023-04-13 10:59 | Report Abuse

Got patient,wait.i do not go.maintaining above rm 1.tq.dun forget its from sarawak.sarawak cash rich.few hundred million takeover,its peanut for them.

i4value

78 posts

Posted by i4value > 2023-06-13 12:00 |

Post removed.Why?

Dehcomic01

299 posts

Posted by Dehcomic01 > 2023-10-02 09:26 | Report Abuse

Eksons is a Bursa ex-plywood manufacturer cum property developer trading below its Graham Net Net.

The Graham Net Net (current assets minus total liabilities) is often used as a short-hand for liquidation value. The general view is that if you have a company trading very much below its Graham Net Net, you have found an investment opportunity.

Eksons is currently trading at RM 0.52 per share compared to its Graham Net Net of RM 2.02. You may think that this is a bargain.

But Eksons currently does not have any significant operations and is a cash holding company. This makes it a cash-holding value trap.

A value trap is a company that appears cheap but instead of being a bargain turns out to be a dud. Normally if you have a Graham Net Net, it is not a value trap. But this applies only if there are operations.

For a company with lots of cash but without significant operations, you have to assess it differently. This is the case with Eksons

For details on how I assessed this company, go to Eksons is now a value trap (Oct 2023) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1byo-eO4CM

Dehcomic01

299 posts

Posted by Dehcomic01 > 2 months ago | Report Abuse

You have a stock portfolio to provide a balanced and risk-adjusted exposure to the stock market. But for this to be meaningful, the stocks in a portfolio should not be correlated.

This then begs the question. Should the correlation be based on price or some business fundamentals?

The ideal case is to have uncorrelated stocks based on both market price and business performance correlation. This will achieve diversification that addresses short-term volatility and aligns with long-term investment objectives.

In practice I seldom look at price correlation in my stock portfolio as I am a long-term investor. I look at correlation from a business perspective. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T7of46Q1Ww

Take the example of Eksons and Annum. The former was in the plywood and is now attempting to be a bigger property developer. Annum is still in the plywood business although it has ventured into construction and property development. The top chart shows the ROE trends of the 2 companies while the bottom chart shows the share price trend.

Should they be in the same portfolio? https://i.postimg.cc/xCngD2cF/Eksons-vs-Annum.png

Dehcomic01

299 posts

Posted by Dehcomic01 > 1 month ago | Report Abuse

You may think that company with lots of cash can be a good thing. Afterall many would not challenge the mantra that “cash is king”
But in the case of Eksons, you may have to think differently. As of the end of 2023, Eksons had about 2/3 of its total assets held in cash and short term securities. The huge cash position is because the company had scaled down its plywood business and its property development business had yet to scale up.
So it ended with tons of cash where a significant amount is now invested in securities. Unless they have a Warren Buffett in the company, you should worry about whether this is an effective deployment of cash.
My point is that the large cash holding is because of the lack of operations. This large cash holding has been there for many years. I used to think it was a good thing. But it a company is holding onto cash for years, it may not be a good thing. In this case, cash is actually a value trap.
https://focusmalaysia.my/eksons-dont-be-mesmerised-by-the-cash-hoard/

Dehcomic01

299 posts

Posted by Dehcomic01 > 3 weeks ago | Report Abuse

Bursa Malaysia Eksons used to have 2 business segments – timber (mfg of veneer and plywood) and property development. But in early 2023, it closed down the timber business. At the same time, there is no new property development projects. The company is merely selling off its stocks of plywood and unsold properties.

But the company is cash rich due to the closing down of the timber business. It has RM274 million in cash or cash equivalent (investment securities) as of Dec 2023. But cash can also be a value trap as explained in page 21 of INVEST https://notice.shareinvestor.com/email/newsletter/invest/pdf/Vol201-Invest-29Mar.pdf

Post a Comment