HIBISCUS PETROLEUM BHD

KLSE (MYR): HIBISCS (5199)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

+0.15 (6.61%)

Day's Change

2.28 - 2.42

Trading Volume

68 people like this.

104,953 comment(s). Last comment by James_Bond 1 day ago

ks5S

4,601 posts

Posted by ks5S > 2023-09-10 14:52 | Report Abuse

con man

Posted by value_seeker > 2023-09-10 19:30 | Report Abuse

He already sold his share and want share to go down. He plans to buy at lower price and sell. He sold share too early.

wattsy

39 posts

Posted by wattsy > 2023-09-11 15:51 | Report Abuse

What’s happening with Hibby, oils going up but someone dumping the stock today… can’t believe it’s still at just over RM1 when they are making hives profits, which will be even more this quart with the average oil price up US$15 and the exchange rates also in their favour.. guess will just have to keep waiting this out till the next quarters results and the share consolidation to reduce the percentage day traders ..

James_Bond

3,252 posts

Posted by James_Bond > 2023-09-11 17:21 | Report Abuse

Don’t get me wrong, I m Merely don’t wan to see investors get trapped at high entry price!

James_Bond

3,252 posts

Posted by James_Bond > 2023-09-11 17:41 | Report Abuse

Your understanding of oil cyclical business only after it has happened or developed would not let you earn big but might bring your risk higher as your entry price is way higher than those who bought below 0.90! I hv been hinting when hibiscus dropped below 0.90, however, no one interested, except the value investors and operators.

kahhoeng

3,926 posts

Posted by kahhoeng > 2023-09-11 17:43 | Report Abuse

Nonsense

James_Bond

3,252 posts

Posted by James_Bond > 2023-09-11 18:09 | Report Abuse

I m very sure recession is around the corner! Mark my words!

James_Bond

3,252 posts

Posted by James_Bond > 2023-09-11 18:10 | Report Abuse

In recession, oil price will crash!

James_Bond

3,252 posts

Posted by James_Bond > 2023-09-11 18:11 | Report Abuse

You r nonsense, KH, Kalah Habis!

kahhoeng

3,926 posts

Posted by kahhoeng > 2023-09-11 19:00 | Report Abuse

today KLCI's top 10 gainers, 5 of them are oil-related, including MISC, PChem, Petdag, Petgas and Dialog. I don't know why Hisbiscus is down today, but surely not your nonsense!

James_Bond

3,252 posts

Posted by James_Bond > 2023-09-11 20:57 | Report Abuse

KH, Kalah Habis knowing the oil fact and investing it slower than others, KH bought high at above 1, and hoping could get others to buy his high risk tickets, crazy, panicking now and taking non sense. Serve you right, KH, Kalah Habis!

James_Bond

3,252 posts

Posted by James_Bond > 2023-09-11 20:59 | Report Abuse

Global markets including Malaysia is heading green energy now! Shifting from traditional oil business to green energy! KH, still dreaming here, goodness! No wonder Kalah Habis!

Posted by Six6thsense > 2023-09-12 09:52 | Report Abuse

Sense golden stick

kahhoeng

3,926 posts

Posted by kahhoeng > 2023-09-12 11:21 | Report Abuse

James_Bond, you mentioned recession coming and Hibiscus deserves to fall further. Truth is, world economy is slowing down but recession is yet to be seen, only forecasted to come within the next 12 months. Will it come? I don't know. Though, you seem so certain that I have to say nonsense, cause nobody knows the future for certain.

Even if economy is slowing down, major oil producing countries have been working hard to rein in supply, notably Saudi and Russia. Will that work in supporting oil price? I don't know, but surely it's working pretty well right now. US oil inventory is falling and SPR is having a hard time buying back what it has released. This has supported oil prices above 90 now and encouraged oil price to head higher currently.

What's more, Hibiscus is trading with a PE of around 5 while Occidental, an oil producing company Berkshire is holding, is trading with a PE of around 11. If Hibiscus is currently trading with PE higher than 10, then your concern might have a point. With PE of 5, how low do you expect Hibiscus to fall, another 50% just because economy is forecasted to go into recession? If it's just 5-10% correction, I would rather hold and wait. If it's 10-20% correction with no sign of oil trading below 75, I suppose I would also prefer to hold and wait.

James_Bond

3,252 posts

Posted by James_Bond > 2023-09-12 11:59 | Report Abuse

Why KLSE market red? Think first before you invest! Recession is around the corner!

James_Bond

3,252 posts

Posted by James_Bond > 2023-09-12 12:03 | Report Abuse

If you know me, I always buy low, sell high. Not buying high and expecting someone else could buy my tickets at higher price!

James_Bond

3,252 posts

Posted by James_Bond > 2023-09-12 12:12 | Report Abuse

KH, if you know and study economics, you should know the definition of recession, shouldnt you? Based on US economics data, US is in recession, in recession, in recession!

James_Bond

3,252 posts

Posted by James_Bond > 2023-09-12 12:25 | Report Abuse

Let me share a story to all of you with the heart of loving kindness.

There is an old monk in the temple. The temple is on the mountain. 

One day, many investors who speculated in stocks came to the temple. At the Bodhisattva, the investors said that the shares fell sharply, and we lost a lot of money, and did not know how to get rid of the suffering. 

The old monk has been compassionate to those investors. He bought up the shares and saved those people with the heart of loving kindness. 

Many days later, those investors came to the temple to burn incense, and they were all excited, begging the monk to sell the shares to them. 

Out of loving kindness, the monk sold the shares to them. 

Soon after all the shares in the were sold, and the market fell sharply. 

The old monk made a lot of money back and forth, and everyone asked the old monk for advice on share trading. 

The monk said: "I have NO CRAVING for anything is the SECRET! Merely holding a KIND HEART!"

Cheers!

Posted by StartOfTheBull > 2023-09-12 12:44 | Report Abuse

When crowd appears in a forum to tell you how good is that stock, it is about time to sell.
When the crowd appears in a forum to tell you how bad is that stock, it is about time to buy.

Posted by Six6thsense > 2023-09-12 17:27 | Report Abuse

Tonight go borrow from Along

kakiminyak

231 posts

Posted by kakiminyak > 2023-09-12 23:35 | Report Abuse

Next year is election year in U.S. I see 2 possibilities. One is they lower rates to boost Biden's reelection chances. That will lower the U.S.$ which may boost oil prices.
Number 2 The U.S. Oil producing states are Republican party controlled so for them higher oil prices is better to damage Biden's chances and boost Republican party chances.
So both scenarios may work in favor of higher and higher oil prices. My prediction is $100 ++ Just a prediction only.

bullrun168

403 posts

Posted by bullrun168 > 2023-09-13 07:53 | Report Abuse

Oil jumps 2% to near 10-month high as OPEC predicts tight supplies By Scott Disavino
September 13, 20233:17 AM GMT+8
https://www.reuters.com/markets/commodities/oil-prices-stable-market-awaits-data-inventories-economy-2023-09-12/

NEW YORK, Sept 12 (Reuters) - Oil prices jumped about 2% to a near 10-month high on Tuesday on a tighter supply outlook and OPEC optimism over the resilience of energy demand in major economies.
Brent futures rose $1.42 or 1.6%, to settle at $92.06 a barrel, while U.S. West Texas Intermediate (WTI) crude rose $1.55, or 1.8%, to settle at $88.84.

Posted by GrowthCapitalist > 2023-09-13 11:00 | Report Abuse

james bond May i seek your advice please ?

Posted by GrowthCapitalist > 2023-09-13 11:18 | Report Abuse

actually i would trust his words at the beginning, but i tried to ask 2 questions and he avoided it. It seems he is not genuine to help people make a wise investment decision. If he is kind enough would have replied to my basic question and not writing long essay on irrelavant stuff.

It's a simple judgment, guys.

Opec+ has cut 1mil bpd till end of this year yet review will be done monthly but the plan is fixed and executed so have to read news everyday
Russian increased to 300kbpd to 500bpd which is the same as last year so kinda not much affect.

SPR has reduced the amount of reserve and might spike the oil price. The oil price in US is kinda pricy now.

Lastly, the coming quarter for Hibby would be better if the price maintain for $90 till end of the year. You may see price hovering around 1.0 -1.2 and just makan with dividends. but if price breaks below set a stop loss.

I just took partial porfit only after holding quite sometime which i feel affecting my mental capital. Yet money is still invested.

You should be explaining this way James Bond : Talking about partial profit, educating people about oil sentiment not just recession. If recession is going to happend it would happened long time ago. There are country with deflation as well so it's impossible inflation would be seen at anytime soon.

At the beginning, i did lost some money because of this kind of people. I only accept comments with good explanation and reference not keep shouting recession recession recession, yes if happened explain well what you should do.

People should flush out this kind of people from the forum!

Posted by GrowthCapitalist > 2023-09-13 11:19 | Report Abuse

Maybe have a moderator for every counter like Garena last time. Every room has their active moderator so that they are able to play dota with peace. Likewise here as well.

wattsy

39 posts

Posted by wattsy > 2023-09-13 12:59 | Report Abuse

It’s good to finally see a correction in Hibbys price. I’m vested in the med/long term and I like the moves they have made.
1. They have significant cash… with this quarter over a billion RM sitting in their bank accounts
2. They have recently expanded their oil asset base in the UK which provides significant additional reserves to the group to expand upon.
3. The debt they have is for development of these assets and is more than covered by cash in hand.
4. They has kept quiet about the share buy back, which they should advise soon with their AGM. This would lead to more positive upside.
5. Share consolidation 5:2 will also remove more of the day traders from the counter and benifit med/long term positions.
6. With excess cash the stock is/will start paying higher dividends. I believe this with start with this quarter as they are lining up for a 200million+ PAT for July-Sept with the higher oil prices and this being their highest production output quarter for the year. Oil price downside is constrained by supply and low reserves globally.
7. Management are transparent in their dealings and provide comprehensive reports and have executed what they’ve said.

So there’s a lot to like about Hibiscus and, I believe, a lot of unrealised value and upside to be had.

Posted by GrowthCapitalist > 2023-09-13 13:06 | Report Abuse

VEry good point note on the oil expansion in UK recently which announced last week. Supposedly, OnG stock should reward investor with good dividends unless they wanna do SBB but hardly they do that. past 1 year they been very stingy yet i believe the market would do correction.

Where do you get the news of share consolidation, would you mind to share it with us?

wattsy

39 posts

Posted by wattsy > 2023-09-13 13:40 | Report Abuse

Check out Sept announcements to bursa, this will be voted upon at an AGM or EGM.. but it’s a given that this will pass

Posted by GrowthCapitalist > 2023-09-13 17:50 | Report Abuse

Sorry i hardly pull anyone's leg but where is James Bond! Maybe he bought too many bonds that's why so against ong stock? +_+" Since you talk about economy; hopefully you understand this.

Posted by Ryugentrades > 2023-09-13 18:12 | Report Abuse

I missed my entry at 1.00. All the best to existing holders.

Posted by Ryugentrades > 2023-09-13 18:13 | Report Abuse

For current trend is still up. Hard to go against until major turnaround

twynstar

361 posts

Posted by twynstar > 2023-09-13 21:32 | Report Abuse

DNeX plans RM133 mil private placement to develop O&G fields

https://theedgemalaysia.com/node/682421

Capital expenditure net to the Group expected to reach USD415.8 million over calendar year(“CY”) 2023 and CY2024.
---from Hibiscus Corporate and Business Update, 23 August 2023

https://disclosure.bursamalaysia.com/FileAccess/apbursaweb/download?id=139593&name=EA_GA_ATTACHMENTS

No fund raising from Hibiscus at the moment. This is the different of good company and mediocre company.

Posted by Six6thsense > 2023-09-14 15:32 | Report Abuse

Sense once in a lifetime.

Posted by GrowthCapitalist > 2023-09-14 18:25 | Report Abuse

twynstar, i dont get it, you are big fan of Hibiscus but why wanna promoto DNEX here?

twynstar

361 posts

Posted by twynstar > 2023-09-14 21:05 | Report Abuse

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I am not promoting DNEX

First class of companies will generate countless free cash flow for their capital expenditures ( Hibiscus doing this !! )

Second class of companies will borrow money from banks for their capital expenditures ( Hibiscus doing this !! )

Third class of companies will issue bonds and borrow money from public for their capital expenditures (because banks not dare to lend)

Fourth class of companies will issue private placement or right issue for their capital expenditures (minor shareholders will not like this, DNEX doing this !!)

Fifth class of companies cannot generate free cash flow and cannot borrow money (waiting to be delisted)

Eric Lim

508 posts

Posted by Eric Lim > 2023-09-14 21:12 | Report Abuse

Capital market is for Company to raise fund, you think company get listed just to share profit with you? how could you rate them this way? funny guy

twynstar

361 posts

Posted by twynstar > 2023-09-14 21:55 | Report Abuse

Please read and compare statement of cash flows from Hibiscus and DNEX

Hibiscus, page 6
https://disclosure.bursamalaysia.com/FileAccess/apbursaweb/download?id=224398&name=EA_FR_ATTACHMENTS

DNEX, page 6
https://disclosure.bursamalaysia.com/FileAccess/apbursaweb/download?id=224849&name=EA_FR_ATTACHMENTS

Please pay attention to CASH FLOWS FROM OPERATING ACTIVITIES

wattsy

39 posts

Posted by wattsy > 2023-09-14 22:23 | Report Abuse

Yes, and after this quarter Hibiscus should easily have over 1.1 Billion in cash and cash equivalents... So are there really only worth 2.2 billion???

wattsy

39 posts

Posted by wattsy > 2023-09-14 22:26 | Report Abuse

Btw as Brent is over US$93 a barrel, Tapis which is the oil hibiscus mainly sells is approaching US$100..

kahhoeng

3,926 posts

kakiminyak

231 posts

Posted by kakiminyak > 2023-09-15 05:26 | Report Abuse

Soon Brent may cross $100?

bullrun168

403 posts

Posted by bullrun168 > 2023-09-15 08:27 | Report Abuse

Oil rises to highest in 2023 on tight supply expectations
By Arathy Somasekhar
September 15, 20232:58 AM GMT+8
https://www.reuters.com/markets/commodities/oil-prices-tick-up-markets-zoom-supply-tightness-2023-09-14/

HOUSTON, Sept 14 (Reuters) - Oil prices climbed on Thursday to their highest this year, as expectations of tighter supply outweighed worries about weaker economic growth and rising U.S. crude inventories.
Brent crude rose $1.82, or 1.98%, to settle at $93.70, after touching $93.89, its highest since November 2022.
U.S. West Texas Intermediate crude (WTI) gained $1.64, or 1.85%, to $90.16, closing above $90 for the first time since November.

Posted by Six6thsense > 2023-09-15 09:11 | Report Abuse

Steady wash...nice. Q4 300m

slts

2,185 posts

Posted by slts > 2023-09-15 10:33 | Report Abuse

should be traded at 1.20 by now

James_Bond

3,252 posts

Posted by James_Bond > 2023-09-15 12:11 | Report Abuse

Hello, I foresee this upside for hibiscus earlier, managed to scoop below 0.90! Now, I hv cashed out and laughing to bank. Buying hibiscus now is risky compared below 0.90! You know o&g business is cyclical! FED increasing rate, crude oil price will crash!

BobAxelrod

8,255 posts

Posted by BobAxelrod > 2023-09-15 12:12 |

Post removed.Why?

James_Bond

3,252 posts

Posted by James_Bond > 2023-09-15 12:13 | Report Abuse

Liar Bob is here! Sick ppl here! OMG! Bye. I wil not comment anything here anymore. Good Luck.

Post a Comment