MAS-CG:CW MAS BERHAD (MIBB)

KLSE: MAS-CG (3786CG)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

0.00 (0.00%)

Day's Change

0.00 - 0.00

Trading Volume

1 person likes this.

62 comment(s). Last comment by Mat Cendana 2012-12-13 17:59

jtpc2006

984 posts

Posted by jtpc2006 > 2012-05-11 12:12 | Report Abuse

let me put it straight - if not for the genuine sharers and carers like bro Chong, most of us will fail badly by just listening to the wind, gossip, hot air, being led by our noses just because this counter is linked to that political hotshot or that party, because we dont do our homework or we do not know how to read the data, background and have little experience. So we say thank you to bro Chong with lots and lots of goodwill. And finally we are masters of our fate, and it is up to us to decide to follow or not to follow any recommendations he or any party makes, and we learn and become wiser.

jacklew

499 posts

Posted by jacklew > 2012-05-11 12:31 | Report Abuse

That's the beauty of the market, right?? :-) Enjoy your trading...

garytan88

72 posts

Posted by garytan88 > 2012-05-11 12:41 | Report Abuse

Well said and well done to all. As most agreed with Chong, lets look forward to ECM, SMARTAG, BIMB........ Keep it up Chong.

chong

3,074 posts

Posted by chong > 2012-05-12 01:32 | Report Abuse

Now the reason of me choosing MAS CG instead of other MAS warrants no matter how attractive they are...now read on please

Yes, MAS needs fund to restructure itself & trim the fat too. Then by year end things will turn better for MAS hopefully with the much needed funds....it does take time to use the big knife to do all the cost cutting & fat trimming. So MAS CG expiry date is until the 1st Quarter of 2013 & it will definitely come in handy by then when most of the other warrants RIP but still got hope for CG price to pick up when it's real cheap now. By that time next year 2013, MAS will improve itself & not be in the RED.

..and now read the bridging loan which MAS so badly need below please...

MAS to get up to RM1.5b bridging loan from CIMB

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysian Airline System Bhd (MAS) is close to securing up to RM1.5 billion in a bridging loan from CIMB Group Holdings Bhd, giving it ample time to structure a RM3 billion bond for its long-term needs.

According to three separate sources, the one-year bridging loan is intended to finance the national carrier’s daily operational needs. “This would give MAS some time to structure the bonds,” said a business executive familiar with the matter.

The sources added that CIMB could be the front runner for the RM3 billion sukuk offering, since it has provided the bridging loan to MAS.

“MAS would get the best financial terms from CIMB, given its status as a national carrier. Also, Khazanah Nasional Bhd is a common shareholder in both entities,” he said.

At press time, MAS had not replied to queries from The Edge Financial Daily.

An aviation analyst said the bridging loan is a normal course of operation as MAS would need to address the financial needs for daily operations.

“Given its status as a national carrier, I do not foresee any difficulty for MAS getting a bridging loan. In addition, Khazanah holds controlling stakes in MAS and CIMB. As such, the news is not that all surprising,” he said.

The analyst also noted that MAS would still need to address the challenges to turn around its earnings.

“The news does little to alleviate the bearish views on the national carrier,” he said.

The national carrier is looking to issue RM3 billion worth of bonds this year in order to bridge the funding gap for its capital requirement of RM6 billion.

At the end of 2011, MAS had RM1 billion in its coffers while borrowings amounted to RM5.7 billion. MAS needs RM6 billion to finance its new fleet, which includes the Airbus A380, Boeing B777 and B737 aircraft. MAS needs to issue the paper on a commercial basis as a helping hand from the government could be seen as a breach of competition laws, said a company source.

Earlier this month, the share swap with AirAsia Bhd was called off following strong resistance from MAS’ union. The share swap was originally intended to lend a helping hand to the loss-making carrier.

Analysts said AirAsia had gained the most from the share swap reversal, while MAS continues to face structural issues.

RHB Research noted that MAS is operating in a saturated full-service market and will have trouble trimming its not so lean workforce. It noted that Malaysia is not a natural market for business travellers.

MAS posted a record net loss of RM2.5 billion last year, compared to a net profit of RM234.5 million a year earlier.

MAS fell to RM1.17 on Wednesday, the lowest since 1999. However, it gained one sen to close at RM1.18 yesterday. It has declined
9.23% since the beginning of the year.

Posted by Namoyaki Takarajima > 2012-05-12 08:49 | Report Abuse

Hi everyone!
I am so happy to read this msg thread where i noticed each one of you treat everyone like a family or at least treat as a good friend. Indeed, very sad to see what happened to MAS as this counter was introduce to me in Sept 2006 at RM2.3 where the price shoot sky rocket to 3.3 in Feb 2007, worth holding it for 5 months. I am new to this forum and as observed; people like Brother Chong, CP TEH and some others who sincerely gave a helping hand by sharing all the infos they have done from their homework, research and even by mingling around to the extend of contacting the companies where they bought their shares. This is beautiful! and i must emphasize that beautiful things are always fragile my friend, you must take good care of it with love and care.
-Nice meeting you guys in here, orang berbudi kita berbahasa, nice! salam perkenalan.

jester

852 posts

Posted by jester > 2012-05-12 09:48 | Report Abuse

Let us learn together bros.

Salam perkenalan

Eagle95

235 posts

Posted by Eagle95 > 2012-05-12 10:54 | Report Abuse

Yes,bro Namoyaki,I totally agree with u,we should help each other in this platform,we all bro and sis.thx a lot to our senior investor or sifu like bro chong and bro cp Teh,we r really appreciate ur kindness and sharing.all the best to u all,happy trading,cheers..

angsri

47 posts

Posted by angsri > 2012-05-13 18:07 | Report Abuse

In any group there are sure to be some thick heads. TQ Bro Chong keep up your sharing. Salam.

eagleis

146 posts

Posted by eagleis > 2012-05-13 19:11 | Report Abuse

You know why the Indians break coconuts on the road on Deepavali day? It's to break those thick stubborn heads.

chong

3,074 posts

Posted by chong > 2012-05-21 17:18 | Report Abuse

Today buying of CG is good.....people buying in big volume...buy & keep for a few months & see your money grows.

chong

3,074 posts

Posted by chong > 2012-05-23 09:55 | Report Abuse

Told you all to buy, didn't I...the government won' allow MAS to die miserably.

Posted by optimus9633 > 2012-05-23 22:07 | Report Abuse

Bro Chong, i have bought some. May i know what is the TP? How long should we keep it? TQ for your advise. ^-^

Posted by optimus9633 > 2012-05-24 00:49 | Report Abuse

Oops..I overlooked your earlier answer. Keep for few months..

chong

3,074 posts

Posted by chong > 2012-05-24 01:22 | Report Abuse

Yes, brother optimus9633, keep for a few months & see your money multiplies....now MAS got a few billion dollars to help out; secondly MAS is dictating the terms for the in flight food suppliers, yes MAS told the caterers in no uncertain terms in that "you supply what I need and not you supply to your whims & fancies", no more & no less so that there is no wastage of food; thirdly staff who wants to take unpaid leave for 2 years years to look for other jobs can do so now....as it is MAS had a bloated staff. Those higher ups at MAS think they are still in civil service, that is recruit & recruit new staff without thinking of future consequences.

If MAS starts operating on a real commercial basis, I am sure MAS can use the biggest knife to trim the fat. I guess MAS had too many cronies mouth to feed.

In fact, some top people in MAS treat MAS like their father or grandfathers company....hee, hee, hee.

chong

3,074 posts

Posted by chong > 2012-05-27 14:57 | Report Abuse

latest TP for MAS from OSK is $1.38 cents...now read on..

MAS' 1Q core losses exceeded our and consensus full-year forecasts. We consequently raise our loss forecast for FY12 and the carrier is now only expected to post a decent EBITDA by FY13. On a positive note, yields and unit CASK (Cost/ASK) are turning favourable for MAS and more importantly, funding for its RM6bn fleet expansion is close to being resolved, which should boost sentiment on the stock. We upgrade MAS to a TRADING BUY with a higher FV of RM1.38 that is premised on 7.5x FY14 EV/EBITDA.

Losses narrowing.Stripping out the forex, disposal gains and other exceptional items (totaling RM233m), MAS' 1Q net loss came in at RM405m on the back of RM3.108bn in revenue. The losses far exceed both our and consensus full-year estimates, no thanks to the higher-than-expected fuel and aircraft leasing expenses despite revenue being in line. Nonetheless, losses have narrowed by 58% q-o-q and only higher by 6.3% y-o-y, due to the lower fuel consumption following capacity cuts (by 7.7% y-o-y and 8.2% q-oq). This was despite jet fuel price per barrel inching up by 13% over the period.

Unit yields and costs turning positive. MAS managed to boost yields y-o-y by 12.5% to 27.1 sen/RPK after trimming its unprofitable routes to focus on the high-yielding ones, notably its Kangaroo routes and improved front-end cabin take-up amid the withdrawal of some AirAsia X long-haul flights. The reduction in capacity has also improved yields from the cargo side. MAS was wise to focus on boosting yields (hence higher ticket prices) instead of competing head on with AirAsia for both domestic and international routes. The sequential decline in yields by 6% q-o-q can be attributed to seasonality. While yields are up, cost remains stubbornly high as MAS' CASK of 27.7 sen continued to inch higher by 5.4% y-o-y which is higher than SIA's quantum of 3.3% (9.4 cents). MAS' high costs structure remains a concern given its high breakeven load factor of 102% (an improvement from last year's 109%) and there is still plenty of room for cost structure improvement with the delivery of brand new aircrafts which ultimately will improve fuel burn mileage given the younger fleet age.

Capex resolved.We were previously concerned over how MAS will finance its RM6bn worth of capex for its fleet of aircraft deliveries in 2012 (which amount to 23 aircraft comprising 13 737-8s, 5 A330s and 5 A380s) to enhance the fleet age to 7.7 years from the current age of 12.2 years, after potentially returning 34 old aircrafts to its lessors by the end of this year. We understand only 1 aircraft was returned in 1Q so far given the issue of capex standstill. However, after MAS announced its 3 pillars of financing in the near term, we do not see the delivery of new aircrafts being an issue although this might be delayed a few months to 1H2013. A young fleet age will be favourable towards improving fuel efficiency and yields, and ultimately boosting MAS' profitability.

starwood

112 posts

Posted by starwood > 2012-06-17 23:26 | Report Abuse

Fuel down is good for airline's stock....

sontoloyo

118 posts

Posted by sontoloyo > 2012-06-17 23:42 | Report Abuse

I am buying tomorrow .... Its cheap. If fumble ... Only 3 sen ma..

keew

9 posts

Posted by keew > 2012-06-19 15:14 | Report Abuse

how come dealer declined my queue to purchase this online?

Knight

186 posts

Posted by Knight > 2012-07-04 16:48 | Report Abuse

this share are possible rise back? around 6 month to expire

starwood

112 posts

Posted by starwood > 2012-07-05 22:05 | Report Abuse

If Possible someone Took Over MAS???

Posted by casual_investor > 2012-07-05 22:47 | Report Abuse

The best solution is to follow the trend....budget air and enhance its marketing. If you can't win but you can follow the successful model of what airasia is doing. Now airasia is not just a airline, it also provide the ease of buying insurance, hotel and prepaid phone card for traveller convenience. They are now selling solution and lifestyle. Be wise to learn from Samsung - when u r not good at it pls COPY from your competitor and do better than them... Just my 2cts view.

Posted by James Woon > 2012-08-13 16:27 | Report Abuse

bought this at 1 cent...anybody in? we could take a short flight if mother rebound for coming few days..

ooiooi

3 posts

Posted by ooiooi > 2012-08-13 17:18 | Report Abuse

Do you think how much it will go? i also buy at 1 cent already

Posted by James Woon > 2012-08-13 17:32 | Report Abuse

for me I will take any profit...if we manage to sell it at RM 0.015 already making a 50% gain...you may sell portion of your holding at 0.015 and hold the rest for any surprise :) But don't be too greedy lar...remember the expiry date is only 5 months ahead, and the premium is very high at 49%...any thing went wrong it could become toilet paper...good luck! :)

EmoTrader

171 posts

Posted by EmoTrader > 2012-08-13 18:04 | Report Abuse

I waiting for free offer! Hehe

passerby

2,877 posts

Posted by passerby > 2012-08-14 11:12 | Report Abuse

James Woon: It seems like you like to pick something against the trend. Picking put warrant on the uptrend counter & picking call warrant on the downtrend counter....it will be good to know your successful rate in trading the warrant here

Posted by James Woon > 2012-08-14 11:39 | Report Abuse

well i made most of my profit with WCT-WB and BIMB-HA for the past three months...bought WB at 0.255 and sold in 0.33...bought HA at 0.07 and sold at 0.08...now still holding WB at 31 cents which I re-bought using the profit I made. Also holding some HA now as CIMB would push the mother BIMB down to kill BIMB-CC as shared by bro Chong...as for WB, WCT quarter report will be out soon...if you know how much projects handled and won by WCT you will expect its profit is going to be increased...for every purchase there are reasons for that...and please don't worry for me. You can make your own judgement. By the way, buying for MAS-CG is purely speculative for a technical rebound...I didn't put much though...cheers

passerby

2,877 posts

Posted by passerby > 2012-08-14 12:21 | Report Abuse

Good to hear you have successful warrants trade. :)

Posted by moneycomecome > 2012-08-14 16:25 | Report Abuse

just believe!

Posted by Namoyaki Takarajima > 2012-08-16 17:20 | Report Abuse

when is mas-cg exp. date? anyone knows? thnks in advance.

tansrihew

191 posts

Posted by tansrihew > 2012-08-16 17:44 | Report Abuse

Expires in 29/1/2013

Posted by Namoyaki Takarajima > 2012-08-17 08:56 | Report Abuse

GOOD-lah! Bought at 1 cents yesterday. Thanks Passerby, Tan Sri Hew.

Posted by James Woon > 2012-08-17 09:37 | Report Abuse

MAS rebound! Hope everybody can at least make a 50% gain today :)

Posted by rezza hazriq > 2012-08-17 09:51 | Report Abuse

Me already get handsome profit today ... walaweiiiii

Posted by James Woon > 2012-08-17 10:01 | Report Abuse

haha, congrats...duit raya tu :D

Posted by Namoyaki Takarajima > 2012-08-17 13:10 | Report Abuse

Congrats Rezza, belanja us ketupat & rendang.

Posted by Namoyaki Takarajima > 2012-08-27 09:51 | Report Abuse

Whoaaaa... the roller coaster is catching up to the peak! (dizzy)

xero

70 posts

Posted by xero > 2012-09-26 16:07 | Report Abuse

still can up ?

14 posts

Posted by 100100100 > 2012-10-02 13:29 | Report Abuse

hope get up again...

xero

70 posts

Posted by xero > 2012-10-16 17:20 | Report Abuse

still can up ?

14 posts

Posted by 100100100 > 2012-12-06 10:01 | Report Abuse

Anyone can tell me what it means? STRUCTURED WARRANTS ANNOUNCEMENT: ADJUSTMENT TO TERMS OF STRUCTURED WARRANTS
MAYBANK INVESTMENT BANK BERHAD ("MAYBANK IB")
ADJUSTMENT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE EUROPEAN STYLE NON-COLLATERALISED
CASH-SETTLED CALL WARRANTS OVER THE ORDINARY SHARES OF MALAYSIAN AIRLINE SYSTEM
BERHAD (MAS) (MAS-CG)

Posted by Namoyaki Takarajima > 2012-12-13 00:23 | Report Abuse

MAS-CG (CG@GC = Get Coffin before 29.1.2013)

Mat Cendana

2,331 posts

Posted by Mat Cendana > 2012-12-13 12:05 | Report Abuse

@Namoyaki, where have you been? Your opinions on some of the counters would over the past few weeks would have been useful.

chleong

596 posts

Posted by chleong > 2012-12-13 12:47 | Report Abuse

me too kena kau kau from MAS-CG, already get over the losses.
since nobody able to help me on the adjusted exercise price, this is what i DIY myself & share with you all

the "adjusted exercise price" for MAS call warrant the formula is this: (1 + (R/S)x M)/(1 + M) x existing exercise price ....
(1 + (rights issue price / last traded price before rights issue x 1.5 (3 rights / 2 share) / (1 + 1.5) x existing exercise price......
take MAS-CK as an example: [ 1 + (0.60 / assume to be 0.85 ) x 1.5] / 2.5 x 1.05..... will be around 0.865 ex rights exercise price.
so i means the lower the MAS last traded price goes assuming 60 sen will be equal to "Square One or Unchange" exercise price. it take at least 3 months to complete the rights issue, i believe they will make a speed it up. so MAS CG already mampus unless the issuer goreng it together with the mother.

Mat Cendana

2,331 posts

Posted by Mat Cendana > 2012-12-13 12:56 | Report Abuse

chleong, thanks for the formula. I don't have any MAS CWs at the moment but I'm trying to see whether we can somehow profit from the current turmoil. But I'm quite confused and unsure about the adjustments. I'm thinking about the CWs with a longer expiry - CN especially (31/10/13; 1.00). The rights exercise should be completed by then and MAS would be on a sounder financial footing.

Many shun away from MAS at the moment. Perhaps rightly so due to the mess it's in. But I'm taking a speculator's view point - if there's potential for money to be made, I'm definitely interested.

chleong

596 posts

Posted by chleong > 2012-12-13 13:38 | Report Abuse

sama sama, if MAS stays around 85 sen plus, MAS-CK, CN still worth to jump in. the Best of course is MAS CN 31/10/12 with 1.00 exercise price with 1.5 : 1 ratio. remember the formula, it works around 80 plus exercise if MAS last traded price is at 85 sen.

Posted by Namoyaki Takarajima > 2012-12-13 17:02 | Report Abuse

Good formula chleong! thanks man. MatCendana, i was away from KLSE; as observed it was due for Market Correction (Lesson learnt). Temporary migrate to property investment as promised to rose from Q3/2012 to Q4/2012.

Posted by Namoyaki Takarajima > 2012-12-13 17:26 | Report Abuse

chleong, TA: in my opinion for this kind of trend with MAS, you maybe want to stick to watch the mother share price movement at this moment. Mother Share currently are at Oversold Position where <20% are pending rebound to crossed the 20% line. Although MAC-D shown a strong BUY-BUY-BUY call, in my opinion you maybe want to wait for its historical lowest ever for this counter. Let's get some opinion from MatC for FA,

Mat Cendana

2,331 posts

Posted by Mat Cendana > 2012-12-13 17:59 | Report Abuse

MAS is too murky at the moment. Even with TA, if major shareholders like EPF are selling, we can't hope for it to rebound regardless of the oversold situation. Anyway, despite many cursing and dismissing it, what with the capital reduction, rights and business record, I'm looking at the bigger picture - the restructuring exercise is actually a good thing. The capital reduction has to happen and previous investors have to take the losses. But MAS will have fresh capital - wouldn't a sounder financial footing result in better performance? However, the problem is the "When" in buying.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz