SASBADI HOLDINGS BHD

KLSE (MYR): SASBADI (5252)

You're accessing 15 mins delay data. Turn on live stream now to enjoy real-time data!

Last Price

Today's Change

+0.005 (3.45%)

Day's Change

0.15 - 0.15

Trading Volume

8 people like this.

3,190 comment(s). Last comment by Robert Waters 1 month ago

Posted by Thepainfultruth > 2017-11-18 01:28 | Report Abuse

Hi RainT, the textbook list for 2017 is not new anymore. These textbooks have been in use since 1st of Jan 2017.

I have the hardcopy with me. This forum doesn't allow us to attach a file, if not I could attach here.

Posted by Thepainfultruth > 2017-11-19 14:38 | Report Abuse

Kevin008, don't be deceived.

That's exactly what @powerinvestor said earlier. SAS is good at making news and announcement, but sustantially a loss making company.

Rather than thinking hard how to run the business well, it is thinking how to get more money from the investors to cover the loss. Particularly from cheap publicity like this.

And bear in mind that July this year SAS paid Law En Tzer RM 9,400,000 this year to purchase 30% share of sanjung unggul sdn bhd. And who is Law En Tzer? A family member of the Managing Director!

Such acquisition resulted in nett loss of SAS. Looks like a very bad businesses decision to me.

So at the end, what do we as investors get? big dividend? High share price? Completely the opposite

rikimaru1

23 posts

Posted by rikimaru1 > 2017-11-20 10:20 | Report Abuse

damn i bought this counter because i read some article saying EPF is not letting down this counter. Tempted & influence I bought this and now regret. It has down 20 % as of today and financial report is bad, revenue down 265 %. Revenue is the blood of the company and with this poor and bad company performance result, no point deluding myself saying this stock has potential. Sell and out. Bye Bye lousy company sasbadi

kevin008

1,360 posts

Posted by kevin008 > 2017-11-20 10:37 | Report Abuse

the boss dy said 2018 sure better than 2017...let wait and see

Posted by powerinvestor > 2017-11-20 13:22 | Report Abuse

@kevin008, i applaud your faith in the managing director of SAS. But i seriously hope that you are not relatad to him in any ways, because what you have said so far in this forum is heavily biased.

Do you know that listed companies don't mind paying handsome sums just so that they can be interviewed at investors forums, events etc. This is my point. The MD of SAS should be spending his time wisely to RUN THE COMPANY WELL, NOT TO BE THINKING & TRYING HARD TO GET MORE MONEY FROM THE INVESTORS.

Once the purpose of a company is skewed, things will come crumbling down.

Please look at the facts and figures kevin008. For example the cash flow, this company borrowed RM15,000,000 from bank last year, and despite that, it has a cash flow DEFICIT of more than RM 2 million. Meaning that if without the bank borrowing, this company should be having a CASH FLOW DEFICIT of more than RM 17,000,000 now.

Many of us have suffered from this company.

kevin008

1,360 posts

Posted by kevin008 > 2017-11-20 14:13 | Report Abuse

time will tell the truth.....if u got attend talk yesterday u will have some good info.
if i am related to MD..i no need to comment here dy haha

apolloang

18,163 posts

Posted by apolloang > 2017-11-20 14:15 | Report Abuse

ok I key in 70cts buy to show some support for u guys....hehe

Posted by Thepainfultruth > 2017-11-20 14:54 | Report Abuse

I'm reposting the honest bang wall account of RainT dated 18/11/2017.

RainT
Finally sell of Sas and realised the loss 25% :
Among the lesson learnt are :

1. Failed to follow cut off rules set by myself again. Lost of over 20% is already hard to recoup in short term

2. If company profit drop due to operating reason and not one off item for continuous 2 qtr , it is indication that the company prospect is deteriorating. Sas is this in this case, profit drop due to operating not one off item

3. Balance sheet wise,from net cash , now become net debt. Also the inventory and debtors amount are growing by quarter. This indicate something wrong with Sas management , cash is tie up in inventory and debtors.

4. Bad benchmark ratio , PE high due to recent loss , ROE low , and low dividend yield

5. News is not good always . Such as promoting Sas acqusition etc . But acq is bad company and for related parties. For me , related parties is OK, as long it is good company . But in Sas case it is not .

6. Big fund buying is not necessarily a good thing. We small shareholders will not know what is the behind motive EPF is buying even profit dropping. Maybe EPF want to include a education company in their portfolio or etc. Big fund can hold very long and Sas loss in drop share price only small thing to them . Don't follow blindy when big funds and directors buying / selling . Need study the reason behind.

SasbadI prospect, profit , balance sheet , ratio all is on the bad side !

Lesson learnt and move on to better company!

rikimaru1

23 posts

Posted by rikimaru1 > 2017-11-20 15:25 | Report Abuse

@kevin008 based on your comment, it seems you have obtain some insider info. why not use your obtained good info to make a case for yourself? Based on the disappointing financial health of sasbadi which is the most crucial variable to gauge this company'value, what variable/ factor is going to turn the company around into a profitable business?
MLM? digital product? personally i am not sold on digital education in malaysian context. Malaysian are slow to adapt trends and education system are plain lousy and primitive. Educators who are really with the trend will start teaching their children to computer programing , coding, machine learning for the coming era which by the way many free website are providing. With that point alone, i think sasbadi is a fail education company. Like those sharks in shark tank says : "For those reason, I'M OUT."

rikimaru1

23 posts

Posted by rikimaru1 > 2017-11-21 12:09 | Report Abuse

matha farker sell at 7.4 pending order, dropped at 0.725 , cancell and sell at this price pending order again, sold final at 0.720. loss of more than 20 % fuk lousy counter o0o sayonara forever

Posted by Quan Fu Gan > 2017-11-21 16:22 | Report Abuse

Rikimaru1 sell at 0.600 sure get through without pending

Posted by powerinvestor > 2017-11-21 19:52 | Report Abuse

By looking at the current depreciation rate of -25.26%, from RM0.95 on 26 Oct 2017 to RM0.71 today 21 Nov 2017, SAS will reach RM0.50 in another 11 days.

Don't be too confident Quan, in this week alone already 2 listed companies goodbye from the market.

Posted by supersteph > 2017-11-21 20:23 | Report Abuse

Bought this stock a while ago, didnt really have time to check on it, WHAT HAPPENED???!!! Why such a big drop!

I thought the MD said we just need to trust his management, keep the stock as our retirement fund??

Managemen of SAS, you owe us an explanation!

jibbie

762 posts

Posted by jibbie > 2017-11-22 12:00 | Report Abuse

Looks like selldown has stopped

Posted by Quan Fu Gan > 2017-11-22 12:11 | Report Abuse

It keep dropping currently it is below it’s intrinsic value which is 0.73. However, it estimate it to drop further looking at the increase in debt and decrease in profit

Posted by Thepainfultruth > 2017-11-22 12:53 | Report Abuse

Has it stopped?

Wait until people like supersteph sell hers. It will plung even further.

I'm wondering why so many people invested in this company without having first conducted a careful and thorough research.

I have looked at SAS MLM scheme, it uses peer influence to push it's product. Many of its sales rep are partimers, ranging from parents, post spm students to hawkers.

I mean, if you want to reach out to the masses, you have other ways to do so. Train your people well.

While I was waiting for my son another parent tried to sell SAS digital product to me. But when I told her about the online free resources, like khan Academy, she got a shock.

Why pay for something more inferior when you can get www.khanacademy.org for free?

Posted by supersteph > 2017-11-22 13:33 | Report Abuse

Any SAS rep here? marketing people?

Posted by buyfreedom > 2017-11-22 15:24 | Report Abuse

www.khanacademy.org This is so great! is it follow Malaysia education syllabus?

jibbie

762 posts

Posted by jibbie > 2017-11-22 17:17 | Report Abuse

depends if your child is private school or national school. looked through the website. some math and science topics are useful. but scope not wide enough for my kids (in national school). not sure what's the syllabus like in private schools.

Posted by Quan Fu Gan > 2017-11-22 20:37 | Report Abuse

I boughy this stock a year ago thinking it is good. Currently when I want to sell them off to further invest then I realize omfg it dropped so much

Posted by supersteph > 2017-11-23 10:03 | Report Abuse

Quan Fu Gan, what do you think, hold or sell now?

Posted by Thepainfultruth > 2017-11-23 13:46 | Report Abuse

It depends on your wisdom steph.

I predict a worse next Q result.

Just last month, the ministry of education is strictly enforcing the ruling of NO buku kerja for year 1 to year 3. This will lead to the disposal of ALL the reprinted buku kerja for all the subjects by SAS. News link:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.astroawani.com/berita-malaysia/guru-besar-guru-berdepan-tindakan-tegas-157613%3famp=1

From what I know, the usual practice is publishing company like SAS will get ready the buku kerja for 2018 as early as August and September in the preceding year. An abrupt announcement by the ministry of education followed by a stern warning to all the school heads will definitely dampen SAS buku kerja sales.

Also, bearing in mind that SAS has acquired sanjung unggul, which owns the malaya press, which is a SJKC buku kerja publisher.

Means now this announcement is a double blow for SAS.

Bad sales for SAS sdn bhd
Bad sales for the malaya press sdn bhd

I cant imagine how bad the effect will be. But looking at the current situation, 2 more days before school holidays, its not likely that the ministry will change its mind.

JS135

51 posts

Posted by JS135 > 2017-11-23 15:04 | Report Abuse

Looks like someone is pressing it down

Posted by buyfreedom > 2017-11-23 15:35 | Report Abuse

Thepainfultruth did a very good job. Tq very much.

uncle

399 posts

Posted by uncle > 2017-11-23 17:04 | Report Abuse

thepainfulltruth make sure no bias view, when it is bad make sure allocate some quota for the good time comes.reserve some for that.

Posted by supersteph > 2017-11-23 19:55 | Report Abuse

Thanks for the advice @thapainfultruth. Appreciate it...

Posted by powerinvestor > 2017-11-23 20:24 | Report Abuse

i think thepainfulltruth has a strong point.

If you recall, just last Friday, 16/11/2017 23:17, RainT wrote:
RainT "0.745 .....another 1 year new low !!!!"

And now we are at RM 0.69.
7.38% drop in a week.
if RainT has not left SAS now he will still be suffering more.

Keep it up bro/sis, your info is helpful.

Posted by Quan Fu Gan > 2017-11-24 10:34 | Report Abuse

Supersteph from my opinion, i will hold. There is no right or wrong. I will justify my decision base on the reason:

1) in Malaysia the publishing company is dominated by 2 major company, sasbadi and pelangi. And from my opinion sasbadi have better perspective compare to her rival.

2) Sasbadi still gives dividend, i can still have some dividend if I still hold some shares.

3) My investment is based on long term investment. In a company there are ups and down. It is not always up. We are humans, we make mistakes just like the current mistake made by the MD of sasbadi. Hopefully they should sort out a solution to overcome this.

4) In fact I will still buy additional units when this stocks hit bottom low to average down and gain additional units’ Currently lets see how it goes.

That is my opinion. There is no right or wrong as long as you can justify. However, it is quite disappointing looking at current performance. However if sell and move to another stocks, let me ask you this question. ‘How sure are you that the new stock you buy will makes you earn money?’

Posted by powerinvestor > 2017-11-24 12:33 | Report Abuse

My 2 cents worth

1) In Malaysia there are many publishing companies, not just sasbadi and pelangi. Eg Oxford Fajar, Pan Asia, Cemerlang, Karangkraf, Ilmu Bakti, Hup Lick, PTS and many more. These are huge companies. Eg Karangkraf in the owner of Sinar Harian. We dont have to invest in either sasbadi or pelangi. We can choose to not invest in either.

2) Money in the bank, passively, also gives interest. And interestingly, the dividend given by SAS is so low that its better to put your money in the bank. SAS has only given 1 cent this year. Come on!

3) Compare 5 yeras of investment in SAS and 5 years in NESTLE. NESTLE was RM45 in 2012, now its RM 95. If you say we are humans and we make mistake and its ok for the MD of SAS to make mistake, yes its true, but why make the mistake by investing in a loss making company? I dont have a say as to how SAS manages their company, but i can invest wisely and rightly.

4) refer to my point one.

Posted by Quan Fu Gan > 2017-11-24 15:39 | Report Abuse

Noted powerincestor, these are also points worth condsidering. :)

Posted by Thepainfultruth > 2017-11-24 15:54 | Report Abuse

Haha Quan, powerinvestor not powerincestor

Posted by supersteph > 2017-11-28 10:59 | Report Abuse

0.65!!

I have been patiently believing what the MD Mr Law promised, that he will leverage on SAS distribution network and digital technology to have a better quarter. He said this in the previous 3 AGM. In fact, he said this since day 1 of meeting us.

Your website says: "We THANK our shareholders for trusting us to deliver to them the sustainable, profitable growth that they are seeking for.- Law King Hui, Managing Director"

BUT what im seeing is DROP in revenue, DROP in dividend, DROP in share price while increase in bank borrowings, increase in cost and increase in inventory.

Would you mind, Mr Law, to explain yourself, why all these is happening???!! Is this how you thank us?!!!

alphajack

3,685 posts

Posted by alphajack > 2017-11-28 11:01 | Report Abuse

sasbadi no name liao.

nowadays kids all don't need additional material liao cause school is becoming so easy u read the text book one time can get A liao.

Close eyes 10As.

Posted by Thepainfultruth > 2017-11-28 13:17 | Report Abuse

July 2017, SAS paid RM9,400,000.00 in cash to Law En Tzer to purchase 30% of sanjung unggul sdn bhd. Coincidentally, Law En Tzer is a family member of the Managing director of SAS Mr Law King Hui.

The lastest info that I received is: Law En Tzer is working at SAS.

I have more and more question marks in my mind.

1. What is the rationale of paying RM9,400,000.00 to Law En Tzer? When Law EN Tzer is actually a staff at SAS? Is it because of the family relationship that he shares with the MD?

2. What measures have taken place before the board allowed for RM9,400,000 to be paid to Law En Tzer? SAS borrowed RM 15,000,000 from bank in the last financial year ended Aug 2017. Why borrow money to purchase 30% of a company? Why buy when you don't have the money? Is it so urgent, when the company actually belongs to your family member?

3. Why purchase sanjung unggul sdn bhd, when the revenue of this company keeps dropping?

Posted by powerinvestor > 2017-11-28 18:32 | Report Abuse

Look at this guys, EMPLOYEES PROVIDENT FUND BOARD (a substantial shareholder) disposed 200,000 shares on 23-Nov-2017.

https://klse.i3investor.com/insider/substantialShareholder/5252/28-Nov-2017/413950_763513993.jsp

Posted by Quan Fu Gan > 2017-11-29 10:54 | Report Abuse

Pump money. I think it is going up now XD

Posted by PiddleMinger > 2017-11-29 11:41 | Report Abuse

going in now. already at a huge discount compared to previously. All the contra players flushed out. I'm holding on to this long term. Anyone with me?

Posted by Thepainfultruth > 2017-11-29 16:23 | Report Abuse

Haha, piddleminger. Your account is very very new. As new as today 29/11/17.

Did you create your account just to say this to us?

Your new account doesn't show your 'longtermness'

Posted by PiddleMinger > 2017-11-29 16:35 | Report Abuse

of course thepainfultooth. the account is new. But I've been following the thread and monitoring this stock for some time. Even before you started your comments. thanks for pushing the price down :)

Posted by Thepainfultruth > 2017-11-29 18:22 | Report Abuse

Thanks for the complement, middlefinger.

EPF sold off 200,000 SAS shares just a few days ago. Would you call EPF a contra player?

What if EPF sells again, the show have just began haha

Posted by PiddleMinger > 2017-11-29 19:27 | Report Abuse

I wouldn't base my investments on what epf does. Epf sold gadang, then bought it back at a higher price a few days later. I believe the negative sentiments are priced in and are overblown.

Posted by Thepainfultruth > 2017-11-29 20:07 | Report Abuse

Excellent point, EPF sold and bought GADANG again.

BUT EPF sold SAS continuously and DIDNT BUY SAS again.

Definitely we should invest based on informed reasons. So the question that we ought to ask is: "What is the MD of SAS doing with your money?"

These few days someone is working very hard and spending a lot to bUy all the disposed shares. If you are so confident in your own company, why not let the market value it? Why the rush in absorbing near to 3 million shares? Worried that EPF will dispose further?

Posted by PiddleMinger > 2017-11-29 20:35 | Report Abuse

Of course, I don't deny epf might dispose further as part of year end window dressing. I believe the drop of 30% or so from the previous month has provided a margin of safety comfortable enough for me to enter. The education business is resilient and if you look past the negativity surrounding sasbadi at the moment, this looks like a good opportunity to accumulate a growing market leader in the local educational publishing industry.

Posted by buyfreedom > 2017-11-29 20:47 | Report Abuse

I just realise that Thepainfultruth also new account and only keep comment about Sasbadi. All is new account member at here...hahaha..

Posted by Quan Fu Gan > 2017-11-29 22:07 | Report Abuse

The current price is based on current sentiments

Sanofi

576 posts

Posted by Sanofi > 2017-11-30 16:59 | Report Abuse

No need argue, time will prove!

Posted by supersteph > 2017-11-30 19:04 | Report Abuse

Dont stop pumping in money Mr Law

Posted by powerinvestor > 2017-11-30 19:06 | Report Abuse

No need to argue.

EPF sold off another 140,000 shares

https://klse.i3investor.com/insider/substantialShareholder/5252/30-Nov-2017/414144_1005442732.jsp

In the past one week EPF sold off approx 500,000 shares

Post a Comment
Market Buzz