Posted by musufasa > 2012-07-14 21:23 | Report Abuse

Hey guys, anyone knows how to start a fund in Malaysia?

Be the first to like this.

5 comment(s). Last comment by KC Loh 2012-07-15 01:31

Posted by Namoyaki Takarajima > 2012-07-14 21:33 | Report Abuse

bro, re-phrase please, i am trying to digesting your questions with my manggo juice and some brownies, still i don't understand your question. Sorry, no offence. It's Saturday night.

Ram Cheong

450 posts

Posted by Ram Cheong > 2012-07-14 21:49 | Report Abuse

i take it as he wanted to start a fund like institiution fund , fund manager helping ppl to invest . .......... must be a expert in investment .

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-07-14 22:19 | Report Abuse

one can start, as far as memory serves me right, by applying with BNM (licensing & enforcement unit, bahagian something something (related to Bafia), can recall now), have a deposit of RM25m bond with them (2001), your proposals and working paper detailing your list of stakeholders in the institution, (you may have to detail out your primary officers, fundraising MO, prospectus to investors, your trading venues, etc), engage a trustee (PBB trustee for example) and finally many interviews with the central bank. once cleared from BNM, you have to approach the SC to get clearance also. I think its because you would probably trade in stock. The BNM side is because you are engaged in collecting funds. This part of the SC i am not familiar but i know my friends did it when they managed to get their operating license in Labuan. The whole process took about 2 years. Please note my details here may be a bit dated. so if you can add on, please do. I may need to get a license myself already hehe.. I have lost touch with my friends, due to being away from this country for a long time. If not, could give you straight answers immediately. :)

Posted by Namoyaki Takarajima > 2012-07-14 23:36 | Report Abuse

KC, relax bro! you have mentioned almost everything already. 'Banyak Kata Rahsia Banyak Terbuka'; 'Banyak Cakap Rahsia Banyak Tersingkap'.

In share market, anything positive will start with +1 and anything negative will start with -1. O (zero) is the grey area.

Fundamentally, 'good communications means asking the right questions', and 'good communication means answering question with the right answer'. You just did on the answering part alas the question part is not clear.

i take your statements (KC Loh) in deep as i assumed that you have been through stages in your life and experiencing something that you will never forget. Thus, 'the experience' as well as your expertise takes you far away from us; and make you flew away from MALAYSIA to HONG KONG.

be wise as you always are my bro; i personally have met lots of people with lots of shadows. Take this tread for example: lots of shadows from the very beginning.

we were brothers, i watch your back and i wish that you will cover mine, but if you don't i knew that God and his angels will.

So, as posted by: musufasa at Jul 14, 2012 09:23 PM, he/she better be clear on this or i may take this seriously as we surely can trace where is he/she from and how did he/she come to this arena.

Pending musufasa reply. URGENT! (Bold & Underline)

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-07-15 01:31 | Report Abuse

Namo, i am back in Malaysia but will be in Bangkok next week.

this is just sharing what i know, but i do need to add, for a small group, your chances of getting it is very very small. Just the paperwork alone will could drown you. My friends were working for a group not unbeknownst to Dr Mahathir & Daim then.

I am sorry, did i miss anything between you and musufasa? As i know you are contributing towards this forum, I should be leaning towards helping those that i know. So, yeah, i got ya back in matters pertaining to shares and my area of competence.

have a good weekend and more mango frappes! :)

Post a Comment
Market Buzz