Posted by KC Loh > 2012-07-20 13:52 | Report Abuse

There is a note though that local institutions and players are selling. This makes me believe even more that buying will continue even after election because funds are utilized outside of US, China and Europe especially. Please trade at own risk. https://www.dropbox.com/s/miyx42l1o70t3tz/www.midf.com.my-images-pdf-research-Report-Malaysia-Equity-Strategy-2012-Fund%20Flow%20Report_Week%20July13_MIDF%20-%2016%20July%202012.pdf.png

3 people like this.

64 comment(s). Last comment by KC Loh 2012-08-06 19:45

Ooi Teik Bee

11,354 posts

Posted by Ooi Teik Bee > 2012-07-23 16:41 | Report Abuse

Dear all,

I had checked through most of indices of KLSE, I noticed RSI is very high and above 80% for the following indices :-

FBMKLCI
FBMEMAS
Consumer
Finance
Properties

Hence market correction is coming for the aforesaid sectors.

For those want to buy cheap, please wait for a while, any big correction down is a buying opportunity.

The rumour of Election in September 2012 is not good for KLSE.

Please note and trade cautiously.

My opinion base on technical analysis. Final decision is yours.

Thank you.

Ooi

Ooi Teik Bee

11,354 posts

Posted by Ooi Teik Bee > 2012-07-24 00:08 |

Post removed.Why?

Ram Cheong

450 posts

Posted by Ram Cheong > 2012-07-24 03:36 | Report Abuse

thank you for reminder . ............ market cannot go up every day .

Posted by ahmad khan mhammed noordin > 2012-07-24 05:24 | Report Abuse

dear Mr Ooi..

thank you very much for your contribution to us.
personnly I do appreaciated very much.

eizmirr

60 posts

Posted by eizmirr > 2012-07-24 05:49 | Report Abuse

Mr Oot ...you are gooddd..tq

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-07-25 17:28 | Report Abuse

further this, the report below shows domestic buying is starting to buy in bigger volume. by next week, we shall see that both the local and foreign players are in big numbers owing to IPO listing and maybe even Templeton Emerging Market group's assessment!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qapfmi95uw00hix/www.midf.com.my-images-pdf-research-Report-Malaysia-Equity-Strategy-2012-Fund%20Flow%20Report_Week%20July20_MIDF%20-%2023%20July%202012.pdf.png

Even this morning's lacklustre showing is now fully turning out to be a buy and market indicating a positive +2 points. if my experience serves me right, and if the current government knows how to play their cards right, this so-called "pre-rally" has every potential to turn out to be a bull run. That would be very good just before going for budget and then the GE. hang on tight!

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-08-03 15:45 | Report Abuse

was a bit flummoex why MIDF doesnt write last weeks report for month ending July on the domestic and foreign investment. decided to email bursamalaysia.com

this was their reply:
Dear Loh,

For historical data on this, you can subscribe it on a yearly basis. Details as follows:

Product Code: MI6
Product description: Weekly Trading Participation by Category of Investors (Local vs Foreign)
Period: 1 year
Cost: RM1,200 per year (Processing Fee not applicable). If you choose to purchase the data for one-time, it is RM200 (including Processing Fee of RM100).

I've attached a sample for your reference. If you'd like to place an order, please complete the subscription form and I'll advise you on the rest of the procedure to purchase.

Thank you and best regards,
xxxx xxxx xxxx (name removed to protect the innocend) hehe

Bursa Malaysia Berhad
Data Sales and Marketing
Information Services
Add: 11 Floor, Exchange Square
Bukit Kewangan
50200 Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
Tel : 603 2034 7228 / 7476
Fax : 603 2026 3699

now the question is: where the H*ll are the analysts at MIDF???

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-08-03 16:04 | Report Abuse

This is the best i could do, whilst waiting for MIDF report. Source : Bursa

we shall take this first and do a month to month comparison until Feds and ECB meets again in September. The higher the volume/value, the better for all, i am sure you know that, fellow investors!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3jsmd4zp3xzvz0e/www.bursamalaysia.com-misc-system-equity_market_statistics-securities_equities_trading_participation_investor2012.pdf.png

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-08-03 16:05 | Report Abuse

please discount the fact of last week's IHH IPO!

Mat Cendana

2,335 posts

Posted by Mat Cendana > 2012-08-03 16:34 | Report Abuse

Based on what I've read here, I'd say it's prudent to adopt a wait-and-see strategy for the time being. The index-based counters are on the high side at the moment and it is likely that there will be some correction. Would be better to keep our gunpowder dry for now.

But, as always, there will be opportunities elsewhere - some selected second/third-liners might be where the action will be. MK Land, UOADEV and TH Heavy seem to have run out of steam and are consolidating. Wonder what will be the focus next week?

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-08-03 20:03 | Report Abuse

from what i see, foreigners are not bulk buyers. They have not even started as far as the graph goes. it only entails 1.04% of the volume traded. their value is small, indicating they are buying small bets and probably the big funds may not come yet. a co-relation need to be studied with MIDF's breakdowns.

local retails (people like chong and their 10 lots strategy) is buying the bulk of the shares (making almost 50% of the buying). followed by local institutional, but in terms of value, it is no surprise the local institutional could afford the big-priced ones. The locals are basically traders, hence showing that domestic demand is there and on the rise. Still nett sellers to to political and economic uncertainty everywhere.

if by next month's comparision sees an increase in foreign institutional buying, it confirms inflow is there. (this might explain why the KLCI is trading almost sideways last one week) For now, i think the chart is telling us, they are probably awaiting the outcome of the election, before they come in a big way.

MC position is tenable. Strategy is to maintain buying on good stocks with sound fundamentals for now. Overall, still domestically driven!

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-08-06 19:24 | Report Abuse

My take:
As results goes, local institution bought a lot in last weeks fund's flow due to IHH IPO.

numbers were slow because markets stayed in the sideline awaiting Feds and ECB's decisions.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x5l4r5hw3znlcp6/www.midf.com.my-images-pdf-research-Report-Malaysia-Equity-Strategy-2012-Fund%20Flow%20Report_Week%20Aug3_MIDF%20-%2006%20August%202012.pdf.png

and here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5hv7mydnar6j9xk/www.midf.com.my-images-pdf-research-Report-Malaysia-Equity-Strategy-2012%282%29-Fund%20Flow%20Report_Week%20Aug3_MIDF%20-%2006%20August%202012.pdf.png

maybe today's rise is a precursor that buyers are entering the market here again, signalling from up to 15% from some selected stocks. Blue chips took the lead according to BTimes in today's report.
http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_News/BTIMES/articles/20120806094750/Article/index_html

This is the greek version of where the market is heading for those who knows greek:
http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_News/BTIMES/articles/marketoutlookaug5/Article/index_html

Verdict:
Bull coming? be careful.... if the bull is not forming, head to nearest exit. My feeling is bull is coming as 2nd half gets underway proper. Now if only the darn GE can get out of the way!

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-08-06 19:26 | Report Abuse

I am just trying to impress. but do remember i failed my maths in Form 3!

Angan2 sometimes ok mar, not building castle in the air! :)

Post a Comment
Market Buzz