Posted by Najib Zamry > 2012-11-28 09:31 | Report Abuse

"Datuk Seri Najib sudah mengatakan dengan jelas PRU13 bukan bulan depan. Beliau berkata 'oleh kerana ini majlis tertutup, saya boleh memberitahu (anda) pilihan raya bukan bulan Disember'... jadi, pasal pilihan raya, ini bayangan yang jelas, yang disampaikan oleh Datuk Seri Najib," kata seorang pemimpin parti kepada Sinar Harian Online. http://www.sinarharian.com.my/politik/najib-sah-pru13-bukan-bulan-depan-1.107627 My bet this this year Bursa Malaysia will trend lower first before going higher when election comes most probably after Chinese New Year. Good opportunity to pick up undervalued stock.

Be the first to like this.

35 comment(s). Last comment by Najib Zamry 2012-11-28 12:26

kltrader

86 posts

Posted by kltrader > 2012-11-28 09:37 | Report Abuse

Hey Najib, thanks for the tip. Have been waiting for this..

tptan45

388 posts

Posted by tptan45 > 2012-11-28 09:38 | Report Abuse

March /April 2013.

Mat Cendana

2,331 posts

Posted by Mat Cendana > 2012-11-28 09:38 | Report Abuse

Not in December... but if it's 2 Jan 2013, that's almost the same:-)

ggecko

1,937 posts

Posted by ggecko > 2012-11-28 09:44 | Report Abuse

so what i was saying earlier that dec 2012 wont be an election month is true. it can be held in dec, BN still need to 'tighten up' a lot of 'loose end' and tackle the issue of potential sabotage. they want to go in to win the battle and the war so does speak. so, most likely after CNY, possibly mar 2013

Posted by Najib Zamry > 2012-11-28 09:49 | Report Abuse

Sinar Harian Online juga difahamkan agensi-agensi kerajaan juga telah menarik balik arahan membekukan cuti hujung tahun ini, yang dikeluarkan sebelum. Maklumat terbaru diterima menunjukkan notis terbaru dikeluarkan meminta semua cuti dibekukan selepas minggu kedua bulan Februari.

Penganalisis dan pemerhati menjangkakan PRU13 akan diadakan awal Mac depan selepas sambutan Tahun Baru Cina.

Posted by tuniamasingh > 2012-11-28 09:53 | Report Abuse

Thanks for the info. Now it loosk like MARCH is the date.
So will there be year end and CNY rally?

Normally DEC to FEB is a good month.

ggecko

1,937 posts

Posted by ggecko > 2012-11-28 10:02 | Report Abuse

yea tuniamasingh, let's hope for the best, now is so bearish, perhaps dec to feb could be good months to trade.. b4 march's showdown

Posted by Najib Zamry > 2012-11-28 10:12 | Report Abuse

very good time to buy in stages now...

ledzepp

372 posts

Posted by ledzepp > 2012-11-28 10:21 | Report Abuse

TQ, TQ, TQ. At least this market can recover. It looks like March

Posted by Najib Zamry > 2012-11-28 10:36 | Report Abuse

now it is a very good time to review your stocks...avoid poor fundamental and high gearing stocks....low p/e, cash rich and proven track records company should be in your list. Allocate 5-10% for your first bet. another 10% bet if FBKLCI reach 1580....

PureBULL .

2,412 posts

Posted by PureBULL . > 2012-11-28 10:39 | Report Abuse

Dear Najib Zamry, U r the man of the day. U gave us the much needed last straw 1st thing in the morning !

Posted by Najib Zamry > 2012-11-28 10:44 | Report Abuse

You are welcome PureBull. Sharing is caring. Hope that Sinar Harian will not bring us to HOLLAND....he he

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-11-28 10:51 | Report Abuse

Pak Lah lied election date once thinking it was a joke! Najib playing same game?

Posted by Najib Zamry > 2012-11-28 10:56 | Report Abuse

this election is so closed to call. The worst thing now if Najib he himself not even have the exact date in his mind.

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-11-28 10:56 | Report Abuse

sorry upon checking, its parliament dissolution! my little detractors will come soon enough! LOL

The Star February 13, 2008 – Parliament won’t be dissolved today, says PM

Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi put an end to such speculation, telling reporters here yesterday: “Esok tak ada (No, it won’t be tomorrow)”.

The Star February 13, 2008 – Parliament dissolved, elections on

PUTRAJAYA: Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi has announced that Parliament has been dissolved, paving the way for the 12th general election.

tarzan67

96 posts

Posted by tarzan67 > 2012-11-28 10:57 | Report Abuse

history repeat itself?? what if election date is 2nd jan?

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-11-28 10:57 | Report Abuse

January will be face saving, keeping the tradition of PM's surprise call!

poor Najib Razak, must surely wish he had more time for economic implementation to work! heaven's mandate fulfilling? :)

Posted by Najib Zamry > 2012-11-28 11:00 | Report Abuse

That's why Badawi lost the elction because he is a weak leader....

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-11-28 11:02 | Report Abuse

i agree. premiership is not for him! he is good as a deputy at best!

opposition became strong under his tenure! good for Malaysia

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-11-28 11:04 | Report Abuse

2 jan makes sense to me. parliament dissolved in 2nd jan, polling in mid jan, govt formed by 3rd week, market climb for a good 2013 CNY! then ang pow for all!

pacino

81 posts

Posted by pacino > 2012-11-28 11:05 | Report Abuse

Lets hope we have a good breed in line for leaders in our beloved country...... a blessed place to live !

tarzan67

96 posts

Posted by tarzan67 > 2012-11-28 11:05 | Report Abuse

kc don u think its better it come earlier than keep dragging to march... then mkt dead for months and everything dead.

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-11-28 11:07 | Report Abuse

tarzan67, read here what i think: http://klse.i3investor.com/servlets/forum/600021273.jsp?ftp=1

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-11-28 11:08 | Report Abuse

highlight:

Posted by KC Loh > Nov 28, 2012 12:06 AM | Report Abuse X

actually the selldown also in anticipating of a nearer election, one should think logically! hope "inspiration" may come for Najib next week! :)

tarzan67

96 posts

Posted by tarzan67 > 2012-11-28 11:09 | Report Abuse

great! pls come asap. the economy is not moving everyone waiting for election.

Posted by Najib Zamry > 2012-11-28 11:14 | Report Abuse

It’s the system that turns good leaders bad

Mohd Ariff Sabri Aziz | November 28, 2012
Free Malaysia Today

Malaysians think that by changing the present set of bad people with good ones everything will be all right, but nothing is farther from the truth.

COMMENT

People do not want to believe that if you have an intrinsically bad system, you are good at the beginning, but you are eventually going to degenerate.

But people don’t want to accept this.

Let’s assume Prime Minister Najib Tun Razak is a good person (he probably is) but the system which sustains him is bad. It will eventually cause him to turn bad.

So it isn’t enough to transform society by changing the people leading it, but the system that structures our society must be changed too.

That is our (Pakatan Rakyat’s ) agenda now. Not just changing of guards, but changing the system that structures our society.

Just as a free market requires a libertarian system or liberal democracy, so do good people at the top who can stay good but only if we have a good system of government.

The leader who respects the opinions of the people he leads stays a good leader but only if the system sustains him so.

But Najib can’t stay a good leader because Umno structures the world around us in a bad way.

Najib’s New Economic Model (NEM) in reality is just an extension of former prime minister Dr Mahathir Mohamad’s way of renouncing the NEP and choosing to jump-start Malay economics by picking and choosing winners.

He, at that point, chose mostly devils he knew and enriched them.

Najib is now continuing to do the same by his market-driven affirmative action that forms his NEM.

Dangerous thinking

Author Fredrik Hayek makes an interesting point in his book, “The Road to Serfdom”. He explains why the worst get to the top.

If we interpret his observation against modern terms, it is that people are willing to suspend reality in exchange for a sanitised world.

Hayek opines that it is dangerous to think that “good men can overcome a bad system”. It is simply wrong thinking.

Malaysia unfortunately appears to be in that situation.

We adjust ourselves and accommodate totalitarian tendencies believing that such a system or political arrangement is not at fault.

We think that by changing the present set of bad people with good and decent people, everything is all right.

But nothing is farther from the truth.

The agenda the opposition seeks is not only changing the bad people on top, but reforming the structure of this country.

If we don’t put the correct structure in place, even when good men lead, they will soon be overwhelmed by the system.

Mat Cendana

2,331 posts

Posted by Mat Cendana > 2012-11-28 11:16 | Report Abuse

Dato' Ariff @ Sakmongkol - I know him. Met him in Kota Baru when he came from Kuantan in 2009.

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-11-28 11:17 | Report Abuse

simple: absolute power to UMNO, corrupts absolutely! they have strayed from their semangat 46 principles starting with Mahathir (in all fairness to the first 3 premiers)!

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2012-11-28 11:56 | Report Abuse

Posted by Najib Zamry > Nov 28, 2012 10:36 AM | Report Abuse
now it is a very good time to review your stocks...avoid poor fundamental and high gearing stocks....low p/e, cash rich and proven track records company should be in your list. Allocate 5-10% for your first bet. another 10% bet if FBKLCI reach 1580....

For discussion purpose. Najib, still stick to your Perisai and Weida or not? Still don't agree with me that they are poor fundamental stocks? Or at least they are high gearing stock, agree?

Posted by Najib Zamry > 2012-11-28 12:02 | Report Abuse

KC Chong, I am still sitting at good profit for Perisai and Weida while incurring loss for very good stocks like Kfima. What an Irony sigh!!!!!

davesingh

2,088 posts

Posted by davesingh > 2012-11-28 12:02 | Report Abuse

a fool and his money are soon parted@KCLow

KC Loh

13,701 posts

Posted by KC Loh > 2012-11-28 12:12 | Report Abuse

i have to make a stand somewhere, and i like to say i believe what these two are saying. BN wins, foreign investors placated. PR wins, BN will probably be a difficult opposition with the many tenders held by their cronies currently.

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/11/28/business/12377456&sec=business

incidently, someone wise told me before, how can you say nepotism and cronism in patriachial or matriachial society like Asia is bad? would you trust your business to an unknown person? it may be good in western countries with the higher civic morals, but can you really trust a total stranger with your business? its food for thought!

kcchongnz

6,684 posts

Posted by kcchongnz > 2012-11-28 12:14 | Report Abuse

NJ, you brought up a very good point. Most dabblers in the stock market are speculators, chasing hot stocks abound by rumours. Few care about the fundamentals of a company. That is why one shouldn't say his stock sure will go up and others won't. Market is not rational. Anyway whether Perisai and Weida are good fundamental stocks or not is highly arguable. You and me have different opinion about them. But nobody can say for sure who is right or wrong.

ledzepp

372 posts

Posted by ledzepp > 2012-11-28 12:24 | Report Abuse

Two superpowers elected their leaders recently. One with an election, the other changed quietly. Both have their merits.

Posted by Najib Zamry > 2012-11-28 12:26 | Report Abuse

KCCHONG, I believe Kfima will outperform and time will prove that I am right.
Whether we like it or not, we still have to go back to a FUNDAMENTAL of one company.

MAS story is a good lession to all. Avoid high debt company and huge loss making company. buy at your peril.

Post a Comment
Market Buzz