Posted by Speedy Boy > 2018-09-23 15:53 | Report Abuse

One thing majority malaysians don't like is to learn new language! If you demand rakyat to learn mandarin because mandarin is the new international language, chances are only 1% will express interest! And if you complain how difficult it is to find malaysians who can speak English well, chances are you end up like Tony Fernandes who don't know how to speak Bahasa! When LGE defend the right to use mandarin as official language, majority silently express their disgust with him! Let's get on thing right! Only Bahasa can unite all races in Malaysia! If you are among the tiny minority who constantly complain others to learn mandarin and English and you yourselves uable to speak Bahasa then chances are you are singaporeans with malaysian citizenship! English is very important language in business, science and technology! Mandarin is very important language in China! Get this right! In short, as malaysians, it is our national patriotism to speak Bahasa well but also essential that English be used as medium for science and business in schools and universities! As for mandarin, once must learn it if you are dealing with China!

Be the first to like this.

21 comment(s). Last comment by EngineeringProfit 2018-09-23 18:52

Speedy Boy

888 posts

Posted by Speedy Boy > 2018-09-23 15:55 | Report Abuse

And to our ministers, please use Bahasa when you are in local news! It is actually very rude to continue to speak in English when you only deal with local issues! Foreign news have very little interest in Malaysia except for 1MDB, the most embarrassing chapter in Malaysia history!

Speedy Boy

888 posts

Posted by Speedy Boy > 2018-09-23 15:58 | Report Abuse

Of late i took the trouble to brush my Bahasa! Few years ago, i was so embarrased when one malay hawker ask me why i speak English and refuse to speak Bahasa when my whole life speak in Malaysia! It really struck me like lighting bolt!

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2018-09-23 15:59 | Report Abuse

Else why we say....

......seperti katak di bawah tempurung

if the only remedy for narrow mindedness and myopic view is RIGHT education

OVERDOSE OF WRONG EDUCATIONAL MATERIAL WILL ONLY FURTHER RESTRICT THINKING,LIVING AND LIFE

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2018-09-23 16:02 | Report Abuse

I think better give emphasis on english if u want to progress loh...!!

Yes BM can be use as a medium of local communication among all races....but don forget english loh....!!

Mandrin, Tamil and Arabs can be 3rd language loh.....!!

On school Raider suggest lets have;

Primary Level
1. English & bahasa medium
2. Bahasa & agama Medium
3. Tamil medium
4. Mandrin medium

Secondary level
2. Bahasa Agama medium

Diploma & University
2. Bahasa Agama medium

Speedy Boy

888 posts

Posted by Speedy Boy > 2018-09-23 16:09 | Report Abuse

And to Dong Zhong, pleas stop using chinese medium schools! Rename it as mandarin medium schools! You are putting the whole chinese comunity as racist! You don't have indian medium schools, all are called tamil medium schools! Such oversight from Dong Zhong is to be blame!

stockraider

31,556 posts

Posted by stockraider > 2018-09-23 16:12 | Report Abuse

Wrong loh....!!

Chinese cover more & more powerful than mandrin school mah....!!
Why u don call china country as mandrin leh ??

Do u know that chinese is most spoken language in the world leh ??

Lets be proud of it mah....!!

Posted by Speedy Boy > Sep 23, 2018 04:09 PM | Report Abuse

And to Dong Zhong, pleas stop using chinese medium schools! Rename it as mandarin medium schools! You are putting the whole chinese comunity as racist! You don't have indian medium schools, all are called tamil medium schools! Such oversight from Dong Zhong is to be blame!

Speedy Boy

888 posts

Posted by Speedy Boy > 2018-09-23 16:13 | Report Abuse

Exclusively speaking in English will be seen as elitism! While speaking exclusively in mandarin or chinese dialect may be seen as very unmalaysian! This is the impression from the ground!

Speedy Boy

888 posts

Posted by Speedy Boy > 2018-09-23 16:14 | Report Abuse

Stockraider! Where in Malaysia can you find schools which teach you hakka, foochow, teochow, hokkien or cantaonese! You tell me!

joekit

833 posts

Posted by joekit > 2018-09-23 16:19 | Report Abuse

aiyo...why you always so drama one...its just language ma...if you have ability you can even learn tamil, deutsch,.korean,...why u mix it up with politics, education and peoples life? some malay enjoys learning other languages and culture too. they enjoy go to chinese school. some chinese enjoys speaking bahasa coz B A ba C A ca is so fun to learn...so go national.school...also got some indian wanna learn ich bin est...so they go learn....apahal? be more open lar if u want real progress...

Speedy Boy

888 posts

Posted by Speedy Boy > 2018-09-23 16:29 | Report Abuse

Joekit! Just what to see others jump up and down for no reason! Beside, if one get so mad over some 1 cent opinion, i wonder what can make others blow up like high pressure balloon!

Speedy Boy

888 posts

Posted by Speedy Boy > 2018-09-23 16:39 | Report Abuse

Well, actually, we as local chinese tend to confuse difference between mother tongue and national language! You don't see others demanding you to speak iban, melanau, tamil or whatever mother tongue there's in Malysia! But there's tendency for local chinese to see malays or other races to learn mandarin!

Posted by J For Janice > 2018-09-23 16:52 | Report Abuse

Another dap diehard fan trying to coverup TNC wrong doing.so sad

JayC

1,302 posts

Posted by JayC > 2018-09-23 17:37 | Report Abuse

1. bahasa used to be called bahasa malaysia, now it is bahasa melayu
. now BM is exclusive

2. bahasa will never be widely recognise if we keep banning books. Books in malay must be encouraged and not banned. ban can only be used for those instigating hate/violence/force/slender. other than that. cannot ban

3. also, you cannot tell non malay, certain words you cannot use like allah or kiblat or masjid or whatever the malay feel offended

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2018-09-23 17:42 | Report Abuse

Self-deceiving......total dishonesty

SO MUCH CHANGES FROM THE ORIGINAL BAHASA MELAYU

NOW SHOULD RIGHTFULLY BEING CALLED BAHASA MALAYSIA

........IF ANY GRAY MATTER BLA...BLA...BLA

chinaman

3,219 posts

Posted by chinaman > 2018-09-23 17:43 | Report Abuse

Bahasa root is from sanskrit. many words are copied.

chinaman

3,219 posts

Posted by chinaman > 2018-09-23 17:47 | Report Abuse

Many Buddha mantra also in Sanskrit. I like to sing Buddha mantra in Sanskrit.

Speedy Boy

888 posts

Posted by Speedy Boy > 2018-09-23 17:48 | Report Abuse

Actually Bahasa was copied from Bahasa Indonesia!

godhand

1,885 posts

Posted by godhand > 2018-09-23 17:51 | Report Abuse

U want to do business talking in bahasa pls go ahead

davidkkw79

5,068 posts

Posted by davidkkw79 > 2018-09-23 18:08 | Report Abuse

Speak in English or mandarin is hard need to work hard to find money. Speak in Malay, senang saja, just everyday sing with alah alah song, then state goverment will spoon feed them no need work just sing.

lazycat

899 posts

Posted by lazycat > 2018-09-23 18:28 | Report Abuse

if bahasa is as useful as japan and german language , surely there will be alot more foreigner and people try to learn&master it

Posted by EngineeringProfit > 2018-09-23 18:52 | Report Abuse

LIKE COMMODITIES.......LET THE MARKET DECIDE ITS WORTH

FUTILE TO GO AGAINST THE MARKET VALUE

COURAGE IS .......TO FACE AND ACCEPT REALITY

Post a Comment
Market Buzz